Chapter VI

Millennium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My dearest readers, I have some very important informations for you so please read this carefully.

First, since a lot of comments asked for Myungyeol, I decided to put their storyline before Wooya. Let me explicit this change and how this is going to work. The story is built on one red thread which will be here until the end, it’s the donggyu storyline. There are two sub-stories under it, Myungyeol and Wooya. I thought of doing Wooya storyline first because let’s face it, Hoya is my bias and this pairing was my first OTP when I came across Infinite, and second because Sungyeol’s storyline is the most heavy and complicated storyline of this whole fiction. Yes people, not Sunggyu, Sungyeol ! I wanted to let mystery cloud your minds but since a lot of readers kept asking for Myungyeol, I decided to switch it to the first sub-story, meaning I’ll do Wooya later. I am pretty excited about it since I love writing Sunyeol’s story, his dark past and current challenges. I hope you guys will anticipate it because the change starts in chapter 8 so get ready ! Second thing, DO YOU GUYS WANT A CHAPTER ON VALENTINE’S DAY ? Spoiler : it contains a . I won’t say who is concerned. Use the comment section to let me know if I put it this Sunday or next Thursday fo our usual weekly update. If you want to comment on the sub-story switch or ask anything else whatsoever, you can also do so. Sorry for this long paragraph but I felt you needed to be informed. Love you guys ! Enjoy the new chapter !

 

It has only been two weeks or so, but Woohyun, always keen to observe his best friend, thought he was becoming a wreck. Sunggyu kept working of course, but he immersed so much in it he was starting to get worried. He came to Millennium every day of the week including week-ends, worked from nine to God knows what hour since it was more and more frequent for him to fall asleep in his office, get home in the morning to wash up and change his clothes before coming back to the hotel to work again. Woohyun called Soojung to inform the secretary and she felt worried about their boss to the point she came a Saturday on her own will to help Sunggyu, but he told her to go home. Since she wasn’t listening, he told her he couldn’t pay her overtime work and when even that didn’t sent her away, he finally agreed to slow down the pace and stay at home on Sundays.

Honestly, Millennium required more work than ever. The potential American investors were coming soon to evaluate if the hotel, and their review would be decisive for Millennium as they sought an opening in the American hotel market. Of course, Sunggyu put most of the responsibilities upon his shoulders. As if his work will mend his broken heart, he threw himself into it. Woohyun was worried because that’s what he did years ago, and he could tell by experience it wouldn’t work.  It couldn’t work when the person you tried desperately to forget is the love of your life.

“I don’t like it.” Woohyun confessed at Sungyeol, with his elbow propped on the bar after his shift.

“I don’t like it either. I’m getting really worried.” Sungyeol said as he wiped a glass. “A few days back he came at the bar to get drunk. I tried to talk to him, to make him talk to me, anything. He stayed silent and just drank. When I refused to get him more drinks, he just walked behind the bar and took a bottle of bourbon for himself. I couldn’t do anything ! He drank until he collapsed on the bar. I had to leave the bar to Eli and carry him to his office. I laid him down on the sofa and left a bottle of water and medicine on the table before leaving. He came to apologize the next morning, but nothing more.”

“Did he talked about Dongwoo when he was drunk ?” Woohyun asked.

“Not a single word. But I think he’s really hurt. He’s working like a madman to avoid to confront us.” Sungyeol said. “I’m worried he might fall sick.” He added with a worried expression.

“Me too.” Woohyun admitted, running a hand on his face. “I only hope he can get better soon.”

“Still, I can’t believe Dongwoo hyung refused his proposal.” Sungyeol said, not over the news yet.

“I know.” Woohyun sighed. “I think Sunggyu himself was so sure of getting a yes, and that’s why he’s hurting so much.”

“I really don’t understand him. If a man like Sunggyu hyung asked me to marry him, I’ll be beyond happy ! He’s the kind of man who would love you your entire life, make you feel special and take care of you… No, I really cannot understand.” Sungyeol shook his head.

“Both their situations are incompatible.” Woohyun said. “Sunggyu is a business man, a very wealthy one. Dongwoo is an idol, a very famous one. Even if on the paper, it sounds like a perfect match, it’s more complicated. Sunggyu has Millennium, a familial business he has yet to acquire fully, and Dongwoo is bounded to an Entertainment company and has thousands of fans that can lash out if they hear he’s in a relationship. Maybe he got scared, I don’t know… That’s purposely to avoid this kind of situation that I left my ex. As soon as celebrity comes along, it means crazy teenage girls dare to think they own you because they buy your albums or are a part of your fan club. I feel proud I stopped everything before I got in the same crap as hyung.”

“But don’t you miss him sometimes ?” Sungyeol asked. “I mean, I never saw you date anyone.”

“That’s because I rather keep focused on my job.” Woohyun retorted.

“You sounds more like someone waiting on the side line. Waiting for when his celebrity or fangirls won’t be a problem anymore.”

“That’s nonsense !” Woohyun exclaimed. “I’m not that desperate.”

“Ok then, try to date someone else.” Sungyeol said.

“I can’t.” Woohyun said.

“Because you still love him and you don’t want to replace him in your heart.” Sungyeol said, sure of his reasoning.

“It’s not that I don’t want to. I just can’t.” Woohyun muttered.

 

Sunggyu rubbed his eyes to chase away sleepiness. He started to have a headache, his muscles from neck to lower back were stiff and sore, yet he couldn’t stop yet. He had a thick file covering Millennium Hotel chain’s finances and turnovers. Everything had to be checked, and if any mistake was seen, it was his job to get it fixed. With more than a dozen of hotels in Asia, he had a lot to do. A knock was heard at his door, and didn’t even looked up as he said to come in.

“Depyonim, I’ll be leaving.” Soojung appeared by the door. “You should go home too, it’s already late.”

“As soon as I review this.” He said, giving her a smile. “Have you booked the plane tickets for our guests ?”

“A round trip in business class for four people as you asked.” She nodded. “I already emailed all the informations to Mr. Smith.”

“I would like you to come with me when I’ll go meet them at the airport.” He said. “Mr Kang and Miss Park should come too. We’re a team after all.”

“I’ll transmit the message.”

“And be sure to book three vehicles with chauffeur to drive them here. We can’t afford to lose our brand image.”

“Of course. I already asked Millennium’s Logistic service to accommodate us in terms of transportation. I am expecting a positive feedback tomorrow.”

“Well done. I wish you a good evening then. See you tomorrow.”

“Yes, have a good night.” She smiled before closing the door behind her.

When he was left alone, Sunggyu throw his head back and sighed, running his hands on his tired face. He couldn’t fail now. With his job becoming more pressuring, Sunggyu thought he would be focused on Millennium and not so affected by not seeing Dongwoo. They had been through periods like this before. But now it felt different. Maybe because they supposedly broke up ? He sighed again, straightening himself to get back to work, but his mind was elsewhere. It was like his brain was playing tricky with him. Fuelling his want to see Dongwoo when he couldn’t. He shook his head vigorously, reminding himself of his plan.

As to save him to his disturbing thoughts, his cell phone started to ring. Sunggyu grabbed it from his desk and checked the ID. He sighed as he saw it but decided to answer anyway.

“Yobuseyo ?”

“Oh, is that my beloved son ? I don’t know for sure since you rarely pick up my calls.”

“Mother, I am truly busy right now.” He said between exasperation and tiredness, running a hand over his face.

“I know, the usual. You are just like your father. Men in this family only care about business.”

“That’s not it mother. Don’t be upset please. What can I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter