Chapter IV

Millennium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wanted to apologize since I think my message on the last chapter was misunderstood. The story I'm trying to built here is nourished by the interaction I have with readers, and I was afraid of not being inspired anymore and end up in hiatus. I've worked so hard on this story and it is extra special to me since it's the first story I wrote and decided to publish about INFINITE. I hope this clears the misunderstanding and here's chapter IV ! It's a short one, but I added Myungyeol since lots of you asked to see them more, see I really take your suggestions into account.

 

Sunggyu’s first reflex when he woke up was to check his phone. It was six in the morning in New York, so that was seven in the evening in Seoul. He sighed and sat on his bed, running a hand through his hair. He had been greeted at the airport by Mr. Smith’s secretary who dropped him off to the Hilton and said he would pick him up the next day at noon for lunch with Mr. Smith. Sunggyu wasn’t nervous about it. His team had worked well on the project, there wasn’t the tiniest flaw on it. He mostly couldn’t sleep because of two things : jet lag and Jang Dongwoo.

Sunggyu had been extremely frustrated to hear from this last-minute request of Woollim Entertainment. Of course he would never deny his beloved a break, but since the company asked without prior notice, he had made plans himself and it wasn’t the kind you could delay. If the company waited for a week, he would have been able to see Dongwoo and spend some time with him, even if it was just for a night. They had so few allowed time together he was willing to take anything. But the company refused, saying INFINITE H had schedules and if Millennium couldn’t take them, they just spend their day off at the dorm. Sunggyu eventually gave in. He always did when it concerned Dongwoo’s well-being. He wanted him to have a proper rest without exterior pressure. Howon too of course, but he didn’t thought of him that much.

Sunggyu looked at his phone, wondering what Dongwoo was doing right now. Maybe in the spa for a massage or swimming. Or was he having dinner already ? He sighed, knowing he wouldn’t be able to sleep, and since the only way to answer those questions running in his head was calling the concerned person, he did so. He heard the smoothing sounds of nature for a while to the point he thought he will get the voicemail until…

“Yobuseyo ?” a breathless voice answered hurriedly.

Sunggyu chuckled before answering. “Did you just run to your phone ? You sound out of breath.”

“Not exactly. I was just on the running machine. Howon and I decided to work out a bit. I didn’t know Millennium had a gym. The equipment is quite awesome. This machine can go on internet, I can check my mails while listening to some music on YouTube… Maybe I should terminate my membership at the gym and come here instead.”

Sunggyu felt a smile flourish on his face just by listening to Dongwoo. It was one of the most wonderful effects the younger had on him. He would always make him smile.

“I would love to.” He admitted sincerely. “But don’t think I won’t make you pay just because I love you. I’m a businessman after all.” He joked.

“Well, I’m short of money but I’m sure we can find an arrangement about this. I might agree to payment in kind exclusively for you.” He heard Dongwoo insinuate, and he was thankful his lover wasn’t here to see him blush.

“Baby, if you’re going down this way you’ll better go in your room. You don’t want people to actually hear you right ?” Sunggyu retorted playfully.

“What do you think I’m doing right now ?” Dongwoo laughed at the other line. “I’m walking to my room. I just have to take the elevator and get to my floor.”

“Is the room at your convenience ?” he asked.

“It would be perfect with a certain someone in, but sadly…” the idol deplored.

“Oh, I wonder who that could be… How could this person dare to disappoint such a handsome and adorable sweetheart like you ?” Sunggyu asked, faking confusion.

“Exactly !” Dongwoo approved vehemently. “How could he ? I’m not the kind of man you let languish.”

“I agree. This person does not deserve you at all.”

“I disagree.” He heard Dongwoo speak oh so softly. “I think he is the best for me.”

Sunggyu fell flat on his back, struck by the sudden confession. It was always like this with Dongwoo. He would surprise him at the most unexpected moments.

“Really ?” he asked, phone still glued to his ear. “But he wasn’t here when you expected him. Aren’t you upset ?”

“I was.” He heard Dongwoo say, frank and honest as always and dear Lord he loved him for that. “But I am an adult, I can understand things. I know he had this important business deal going on overseas, and I guess he couldn’t delay his travel. And I am pretty sure he is more disappointed and frustrated by the situation than I am.”

“You’re indeed smart.” Sunggyu whispered. “What would you say to him in that case ?”

“I will say that he shouldn’t be upset about it because it’s not his fault. And I will ask to not worry over how I feel because I understand. I truly understand, so don’t feel guilty about anything. I love you and nothing can change that.” He ended in a whisper, stopping their little game to be serious.

“Dongwoo…” Sunggyu said in a low voice, troubled. “Baby are you crying ?”

“No !” the younger denied, but Sunggyu knew better. Dongwoo was a sensitive person who easily got emotional.

“Baby don’t cry please. You know I can’t bear it.”

“I don’t want you to feel guilty because of me !” Dongwoo sobbed. “You’re too good to me you know !”

“I could never be too good to you because you deserve the very best.” Sunggyu whispered. “You’re so precious Dongwoo, I hope you know that.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter