Chapter XIII

Millennium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hellow everyone ! Wow, I can't belive it's been two weeks already ! Seems crazy right ? But I'm glad it allowed me to work on my project for Hoya's B-Day. If you guys want to check it out, it's called Warm Sheets and Inked Skin and it's like, so different from what I'm used to write since it's fluff. I know, it's weird coming from me. But wooya goes through so much in Millennium I owed them something simple and cute I think. So, now that you guys know what keep me away from Millennium, here's the new chapter. I had such a hard time writing it seriously. Maybe that's why it ends with a cliffhanger... That was the only way I found to get started on Chapter 14 right away because it follows the scene. Enough talking now, I'll leave you guys to it !

 

Sunggyu pulled up the blankets over his friend’s frame, relived Sungyeol finally fell asleep. Finding out his friend so helpless and broken had been hard to take, moreover so that he didn’t see it coming at all. Sunggyu felt awful, knowing his own concerns made me blind to one of his best friends’ struggles. He should have been there for Sungyeol, he should always be. That’s what he promised him. But he failed. As a friend, he failed him, too selfish and concerned over his own troubles. 

When he picked him up, Sungyeol was a wreak, and Sunggyu had a hard time was trying to process everything Sungyeol managed to tell him between sobs and terrorized eyes. God, Sunggyu hated when he had that look, like a deer caught in headlights. He had seen it before, of course, but he never got used to it. No one should look so scared and shattered, no one. But sadly, Sunggyu knew Sungyeol had been broken over and over so many times. Sometimes he thought Sungyeol was beyond repair. All he could do, as a friend, was try to make him let it all behind and start anew.

He brought him home, of course, because he knew Sungyeol called him because he trusted Sunggyu to not let anyone else seeing him like this. Like a child, he took care of him, wiping his tears and cleaning him up before helping him into pyjamas. Eventually, Sungyeol fell asleep in his bed just like in the old days, reassured enough to allow his mind to shut off.  Sunggyu left his bedroom to go to living room. As he was about to make some coffee to clear his mind and think, he heard a phone ringing.

 He went back to the bathroom were Sungyeol’s clothes were. He found his phone ringing and took it to notice the caller’s ID. Myungsoo. Of course, Sungyeol’s boyfriend would call, but right now, he was the last person Sungyeol wanted to see. Sungyeol hated to look weak, even more in front of people he was supposed to protect. So, instead of answering and be asked questions, he just shut the phone off. Sungyeol should be the one deciding what to do concerning the man.

He was about to return to his bedroom, knowing by experience Sungyeol couldn’t be left alone in his current state, when his own phone buzzed. At the sight of the ID, he growled a curse, his previous engagement coming back to his mind.

“Yobuseyo ?” he picked up.

“Sunggyu-yah, when will you be here ?” his mother asked immediately. “We’re all waiting for you.”

“I’m sorry mother. I won’t be able to make it.” he apologized.

“What are you talking about ? You were the one suggesting a family gathering.” she pointed out, seeming upset.

“I’m sorry mother, I really am.” Sunggyu said sincerely. “Something came up and I… I can’t make it.”

“What it is, for you to cancel without a warning ?” she asked.

“Don’t do this to me mother.” he pleaded. “I’ll make it up to you. Sorry again. I have to go now.”

Sunggyu hung up before she replied, not wanting to be dragged on family feud.

 

When Sungyeol woke up the next day, the first thing he saw was Sunggyu’s sleeping face before his. He also felt the hold the older man had on him and shook him awake.

“Hyung, Sunggyu hyung wake up.”

The man winced before opening his eyes, straitening himself up. He looked at Sungyeol, trying to measure his lucidity, before letting go of him.

“I had nightmares ?” Sungyeol asked.

Sunggyu hummed positively.

“You struggled a lot. You could’ve harm yourself or me. I had to give you a tranquilizer.”

Sungyeol hid his face in his hands.

“I hate this hyung. I hate the way he makes me feel.”

“I know.” Sunggyu said, understanding. “But you’re safe here. You’ll always be.”

“I know.” Sungjong looked up at him, echoing his previous words.

“Your phone rang last night.” Sunggyu told him. “It was your boyfriend.”

“What did you do ?”

“Nothing. I didn’t answer.” Sunggyu said, making Sungyeol sigh out of relief. “But I think you should tell him.”

“It’s too dangerous.” Sungyeol shook his head in negation. “Myungsoo is not like you hyung. He won’t stay calm through this. He will act on his impulse and get himself into real trouble.”

“Even so, I still disapprove the idea of you going back there. You faced Leo in a parlour less than ten minutes and it crushed you !”

“I wasn’t ready.” Sungyeol said. “Next time I will be.”

“I don’t like it Sungyeol. It’s too dangerous for you.” Sunggyu told him.

“It won’t be, trust me. I’m more mature and experienced than before. I know Leo and I know how to take him. He won’t trust anyone but me.”

“What about the gang ? Aren’t you scared of them ? They are a bunch of bloody killers !” Sunggyu exclaimed.

“Not all of them…” Sungyeol said quietly.

 

Saying Myungsoo was upset was the understatement of the year. He started noticing things for a while. The way Sungyeol was more withdrawn, sometimes staring into the void, expressionless. He noticed Sungyeol got away from him, sometimes for the most trivial thing, like taking a call. Myungsoo noticed that Sungyeol started to take more shifts, longer ones, leaving little time for them to be together. He brushed that feeling off so many times, but now, right now, he couldn’t ignore it anymore.

After his work, when he walked to an empty apartment for the third time of the week and a post-it note from Sungyeol saying he went to work early, he decided to go to Millennium Hotel. He often did that, when he first met Sungyeol, staying at the bar for hours in attempt to woo him.

Myungsoo will forever remember the day, or most likely the night, he met the slightl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter