Chapter XVIII

Millennium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter is very short, but even if I wish I could've work on it more, I can't not post today because it's INFINITE's 6th anniversary ! I had to post it, so sorry if you are disappointed by the length. I'll try to do better next. Be prepared though, we are getting in the darker horizon of the story.

 

Today was intense, Woohyun thought as he got into his condo, tired to the core. He had worked a seventeen hours shift, due to the arrival of American investors. He started at four in the morning to help the stock-controller, meet with their suppliers, prepare the kitchen and then meet with the kitchen staff at eight to the usual daily pre-shift. He also let his team focus on the restaurant when he took it upon himself to prepare the requested orders for the investors. Woohyun knew that it was important for Sunggyu to get Millennium to expand in the US market, a task his father failed at. And as his best friend, Woohyun’s job was doing the best he could to help this happen. As he finally called it a day at nine in the evening, he let Dongwoon in charge until eleven, when the restaurant closed. It wasn’t usual for him to not do the closure but he was so strained from his day that Dongwoon himself told him to go home and he was too tired to argue.

After taking off his shoes, coat and putting down his shoulder bag, he walked straight to his bathroom. He was on automatic pilot, which often happened when he was in a working mode. He put his mind to something and everything else became inexistent. It was a good way to be efficient at work, but it was even better to avoid some things you rather not think about. But as the water ran down his body, warm droplets splashing against his skin, his mind lost its focus and thoughts randomly came back to his mind.

…nothing will ever make me stop loving you.

Woohyun’s eyes snapped open, his pupils contracting. He shook his head to get those thoughts out of his head.

I love you Woohyun.

He closed his eyes and raised his head so the water jet would hit his face directly.

More than anyone, always… Only you.

Woohyun started trembling before the first sobs ripped his chest. He hit the wall with his fist, putting his forehead against the cold marble. His shoulders were shaking as he couldn’t contain his distress anymore. Howon was such a liar. How was he able to say he loved him if he had no difficulties to see other people ? How was that love ? Water and tears streamed down his face as his knees went weak and he slid along the wall until he was down, hugging his knees, crying to himself under the shower’s water jet.

 

As Sunggyu examined Soojung’s report of the meeting earlier with Mr. Smith and his collaborators, he noticed something was missing. He had expressly told his secretary to brief with Haeri and tell her Sunggyu needed a report of every activity she had with Mrs. Smith so he could control the program and adjust it to the guest’s wishes if need be. But he had nothing, which was frustrating him. He checked the hour. It was already half past ten in the evening. He knew he could call Soojung, her job was to be available anytime, but as someone in a relationship, as insubstantial as it was now, he would feel bad to not let the young woman enjoy her time off with her boyfriend.

As he thought of the matter, Sunggyu remembered that Lee Haeri was currently residing in the hotel, so he might be able to get it first hand and get back to work quickly. Maybe he should call her and ask for the file, because he really needed it. Maybe she was already in bed ? It was late after all. After wondering for a moment, Sunggyu decided to call her and see if she was still up. Otherwise he’ll do without it, and come what may ! After a few rings, she eventually picked it up.

“Yobuseyo ?”

“Haeri-shi, sorry to bother you at this incongruous hour but this is important. Did Soojung told you that I need a report after each moment you’ll spend with Mrs. Smith to see if she is satisfied of our services.”

“No, she said nothing of that sort.”

Sunggyu sighed deeply. That’s what he feared.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter