Chapter XV

Millennium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello dearies ! /!\ IMPORTANT MESSAGE /!\ My finals are the first week of May, so I'm in the middle of reviewing all my semester. Thus, Millennium will go on hiatus for three weeks starting today. I should be back on May 12, but if you guys massively ask, I should be able to publish on Monday instead of Thursday. Since I'm not a monster and the hiatus is long, I made a 5000+ word-length chapter. Enjoy !

 

The crackling of oil in the hot frying pan, the hot vapors evaporating from the cooking pot, the heat and the smell of spices in the air… Cooking was indeed Woohyun’s favourite activity. Apart from making love, of course. No, he shouldn’t think like that, he scolded himself as he sliced his onions more firmly. Cooking took his mind out of things, things he shouldn’t bring back to memory.

Sadly, his distraction was less effective than ever. Woohyun couldn’t help but remember. He sometimes dreamt about that fateful night, only to wake up bitter and hurt. But even that didn’t make the thoughts go away. How could he forget, when he had kissed the lips he coveted, touched the skin he desired, and reached a pleasure his fantasies couldn’t even conceive in the arms of the man he loved ?

He let out a displeased sight and raised the wooden cutting board to throw the onions in the frying pan, pushing them with the knife he held. In his annoyance, he did it so hastily the blade scratched his skin, cutting his finger.

“ !” he growled, finishing the task before putting down the utensils and walking to the sink to rinse the cut. “Seriously Woohyun-ah, cutting your finger ? Debutant mistake…” he scolded himself as the water going down turned red.

He turned off the water, grapping a clean tablecloth on the cupboard over the counter top to envelop his finger, pressing a firm hand around it to stop the blood from spilling. He finished cooking, turning off the stove when he was done. He plated neatly the food, because aesthetic was as important as the taste, always. The sight of the kitchen table, impeccably set for one person only, made his heart constrict in his chest. He let out a sad sigh, looking around. He felt so lonely sometimes. But it was the life he chose, so he couldn’t complain.

Woohyun had tried to date after Howon. France was way more open than Korea and finding a man potentially interested wasn’t as hard. Something might have happened then. But he was never able to go past a first date. He just couldn’t. Every time he met someone, his heart seemed to look for traits Howon had, and that irredeemably put anyone out. No one was Howon, and since Woohyun’s heart cruelly didn’t wanted to move on, he was alone. Even if it was hard at times, because Woohyun was the kind of person who needed to feel loved, he couldn’t date or be with someone he wouldn’t love. That was unfair and selfish, and not like Woohyun at all.

 

The satin sheets rustle contrasted with the screeching of the mattress. He was hot, his skin sticky with sweat. Eyes closed, hands gripping the headboard, he pounded harshly on the body below him. As he felt muscles clenching around and the high pitched scream that followed, he removed himself and rolled on side to sit on the edge of the bed.

“Why didn’t you finish?” she asked, already sitting up on the bed, face still flushed.

Hoya looked at her over his shoulder, embarrassed that she noticed. Lee Saehee was beautiful with her long wavy black hair with indigo glints, her doe eyes, her fair skin and long legs. No surprise she was a famous top model, highly requested.

“I can’t.” he said honestly before standing up, heading for the bathroom.

The woman reached for her pack of cigarettes on the bedside table. She grabbed one, lit it up, put down pack and lighter as she took her first puff, her eyes getting back to him.

“You saw him again ?” he easily guessed.

Saehee was the only woman Hoya slept more than once with, and she was also the only one he told about Woohyun, after he called his name when he had with her. She had been truly comprehensive, being extremely open-minded herself.

“How do you know ?” Hoya said, turning around to face her.

“Feminine intuition.” she answered before taking another puff. “And you didn’t get off.” She pointed out, her eyes trailing down his form.

“I don’t know what’s happening.” he said honestly. “I slept with him a few weeks back and now I can’t find release with anyone.”

“It’s because you love him.” Saehee said.

“I loved him before. Never stopped me from getting off. You more than anyone should know that.” He said bitterly. He hated to feel like this, impotent.

Saehee laughed, her eyes sparkling.

“Maybe isn’t enough to satisfy you anymore.” She pointed out.

“I has never been enough.” He said. “Sorry.” He added.

“No offense taken.” She smiled. “Did you try to talk to him ?”

“I wish he let me that chance.” Hoya said. “He left before I woke up, leaving a note saying it was just .”

“Maybe that’s your problem. Maybe because he said it was just , it blocks you from enjoying it.” She reflected, smoking her cigarette.

“How do you do that ?” he asked, stunned.

“I majored in psychology.” She chuckled, getting up, not bothering to take the sheets with her as she walked .

Hoya liked this about her the most. She didn’t pretended to cover herself like many girls he’s been with after they just had . She wasn’t fake or hypocrite.

“I’m gonna take a shower.” He said, turning the knob of the door.

“Ok. Call if you need help with that.” She eyed his hard on, and laughed when he blushed.

Hoya quickly took refuge in the bathroom. He leaned behind the closed door, throwing his head back, making the back of his head bump the heard surface, triggering a painful feeling. If only banging his head on a door could make him forget Woohyun. If only.

 

Sungyeol laughed as Hyuk looked at the soap bubbles with wonder, carefully raising his hand to catch one without making it burst. Sungyeol blew on the bubble maker once again, bubbles of soap becoming full of colors as they reflected the light.

“It’s so pretty !” Hyuk said. “I haven’t seen soap bubbles since I was a kid. I forgot how pretty they were.”

“What do you want me to bring you tomorrow ?” Sungyeol asked, sitting at the edge of the bed. “Cakes ? Ice-cream ?”

“You’re worse than Hongbin, hyung. You’re spoiling me too much.” Hyuk grinned. “It’s too cold for ice-cream. A few pieces of cakes would be great though.” he said with twinkling eyes.

“What would you like ? Hyung will bring it to you.”

“Strawberry cake, chocolate cake, cheesecake, blueberry tart and apple pie. With lots of cream.” Hyuk said with gourmandise.

“Arasso, hyung will buy those for you. I know someone who can bake so I might ask him.”

“Hyung you’re the best !” Hyuk launched himself forward to hug him, but the sudden movement made him dizzy.

Sungyeol’s blood ran cold as he saw Hyuk’s expression, weakness striking him suddenly before he collapsed in his arms.

“Hyuk ? Are you ok ?” he asked, worried. He cradled his frame in his arms like a child, resting his head on his shoulder.

“I’m fine.” Hyuk managed to crack a weak smile. “I just feel tired right now.”

“How can this happen ? You were fine a second ago.” Sungyeol asked, really worried.

He immediately regretted to raise his voice, because Hyuk closed his eyes, his features set in a grimace of pain.

“It happens sometimes, when I get overexcited or when I move around too much.” Hyuk said in a low voice, as if it hurt him to speak any louder. “It’s going to pass. Don’t worry hyung.”

“My poor Hyukie…” Sungyeol said, massaging his scalp hoping it would help relax him, which seemed efficient by the way Hyuk sighed in relief. “I wish I could take all your pain away. You don’t deserve to hurt like this, not you…”

A small smile graced Hyuk’s face as he opened his eyes slowly, as if his eyelids were heavy.

“Don’t worry for me hyung. I promise I’m going to be ok.”

Sungyeol looked in his eyes, so soft and sincere in his wish to not make anyone worry, and he felt like crying. Why the world was so unfair ? Why a kind boy like Hyuk was stuck in a hospital bed with an incurable disease while psychos like Leo, Ravi and Ken could walk this Earth freely ? It made him furious. It disgusted him. As Sungyeol dwelt on those dark thoughts, the door opened, making his heart skip a beat and his neck almost snap as he looked at the doorway. He let out a small sigh of relief as he recognized Hongbin. The man closed the door behind him before rushing to the bed, sitting on the edge of the bed across Sungyeol. He gave him a look and Sungyeol immediately understood, placing Hyuk in his arms as gently and carefully as he could.  Hongbin gave him another look, which Sungyeol understood as well as thank you.

“What happened ?” he asked Sungyeol, obviously trying to spare Hyuk by not making him talk.

“He felt dizzy suddenly. He said it happens when he moves around too much.” Sungyeol answered, standing up.

“Hongbin…” Hyuk said, trying to open his eyes, shifting in his arms.

“It’s ok, I’m here.” Hongbin said in a low, reassuring voice, lying him in his bed. “Just rest Hyuk. I’m here.” he said, pulling up the cover, leaving one of his arms out so he could hold his hand and intertwine their fingers.

A moment passed in complete silence, Hongbin seating on his chair, Hyuk’s hair with his free hand, the other not letting go of his hand.

“You should leave.” Hongbin told him when Hyuk finally fell asleep.

“It wasn’t my fault.” Sungyeol said, feeling tears threatening to spill. “I didn’t know… I would never…”

“I know.” Hongbin cut him off. “You should leave because they’re coming. I came to warn you.”

Sungyeol’s eyes widened at the sudden information. He grabbed his coat hastily to walk to the door, but he came back on his track to kiss Hyuk’s forehead.

“Tell him I’ll keep my promise.” he asked Hongbin.

Sungyeol didn’t needed an answer to know he would, so he rushed to the door without looking back. He opened it carefully, looking on both sides of the corridor to see if the way was clear. He walked down the corridor leading to the main hall. He was about to walk in the hall to get an elevator when one of them opened, revealing two people he didn’t wanted to cross path with. He froze, not able to do anything. At the same time, the door next to Sungyeol, leading to the stairs, opened. Suddenly, a hand covered his mouth and he was pulled backwards, inside the stairwell. He tried to break free, his protests muffled by the hand.

“Stop struggling god damnit.” He heard his captor growl. “You want them to find you ?”

Sungyeol stopped moving right away, recognizing the voice. As soon as he stopped trashing around, the hand was removed from his mouth and he was turned around.

“You’re lucky I was the one finding you, Sungyeol-ah.” The man said.

“I guess I should thank you then, N hyung.” Sungyeol said blankly.

 

Sunggyu was working on the finalization of the contract with the American investors. They arrived tomorrow for a stay of five days, making Sunggyu –and the rest of the hotel– on edge. He spend his day meticulously verifying every detail in their suites, controlled the common areas and the golf field before meeting with Woohyun to review once again the menus the chef planned for the week. A lot of pressure laid on his shoulders, and himself more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter