Season 1 - Chapter 22

Access Granted (Small Hiatus until fully planned)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Continues from chapter 20…

Your mom and Hyorin arrived at the grocery store and parked the car close to the entrance. They exited the car and looked around the parking lot. Bora pointed to the security camera with her head and Hyorin glanced at it.

“Let’s ask for the footage.” Your mom said as they headed to the entrance.

They entered the store, searching for the security booth. Not finding it on the first glance, they made their way to the information area and asked for it. The worker called the manager who, after seeing their badges, led them to the security room.

The security guards didn’t have a booth up front, but they did have an equipped room in the back of the store, where they kept the keys and where they had the monitors and the security system.

Your mom talked to the manager while Hyorin asked to see yesterday’s footage.

“Did you work yesterday?” Your mom asked the manager while she searched for a picture on her phone.

“Yes, I’ve worked afternoons all week.” The manager told her. She turned up the brightness on her phone and showed him the picture.

“Did you see this girl?” He took the phone to examine the picture. “She has a broken leg so she probably had her crutches.” She explained. He gave her the phone back.

“I’m sorry. I see a lot of people every day.” The manager apologized. Your mom approached Hyorin, who was talking to the security guard.

“I understand. Can we go through it though?” Hyorin asked and he nodded.

“Give them everything they need.” The manager told the security guard, who then proceeded to pull up the footage on the main screen.

“We’re looking for her.” Hyorin showed the security guard a picture of you she had on her phone. “She has a cast and uses crutches.”

 

After twenty minutes of watching footage of the entrance, the security guard stopped the video.

“Isn’t that her?” He pointed to the upper area of the screen where they could see the door open and a few people walking in. “The one in the middle.”

“Yes, that’s her. Let’s get all the footage of her from the moment she walked in, until she leaves the area.” Your mom said, taking notes of the time. She kept on checking her phone just in case she got any news.

He set up the video for Hyorin on a monitor beside his and gave her control over the footage, so she could pause, play or fast forward or back as she needed.

“This one is to change the camera, and this one is to zoom in and out.” He explained, pointing to the buttons.

“Can you make a copy?” She asked while using the controls to track your movements down.

“Yes, I can have it ready in an hour. You can keep using this computer to check all the footage while you wait.”

“Thank you.” Your mom sat next to Hyorin and they looked through the footage together.

 

They found out you were at the park before going to the store so your mom rushed there to maybe find any clues about what you were doing.

Another team was working on what you did after being at the store.

 

When they arrived at the park, they noticed that there were barely any security cameras around, and the ones that were there had no view of where they believe you were.

They noticed a small snacks stand, and talked to the worker and owner, who remembered seeing you in the far bench at the end of the park.

H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter