Season 1 - Chapter 1

Access Granted (Small Hiatus until fully planned)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You were on a three way call on Skype with your friends Yuri and Hyoyeon.

“I found this weird website, you should check it out.” Hyoyeon said, laughing.

“I’m not sure I want to.” You said, while opening the link she just sent you both.

“If this is another one of your pranks, I’m going to burn down your house.” Yuri said, opening it too.

“It’s not a prank, I promise. You should really check it out.” Hyoyeon said.

You opened the website and found a lot of random things, most of them were gifs of people falling.

“What is this about?” You asked.

“I don’t even know, I just found it while looking for new dance moves.” Hyoyeon explained. She works at a dance studio.

You heard the front door open.

“I’ll be right back, I think my mom’s home.” You said and stood up.

 

You went to the living room and found your mom placing her things on the table. She looked exhausted.

“Hi mom, how was work?” You asked as she sat down on the couch.

“Tiring. We’re working on an important case and they need everyone.” She said and sighed.

“You’ll figure it out mom.” You said, sitting beside her. She wrapped her arm around your shoulder and you snuggled to her.

“I have something to tell you, honey.” She said, rubbing your back.

“What is it mom?” You asked, raising your head.

“They offered me a position as head detective.” She said. You went wide eyed and stood up, excited.

“Really? That’s so cool. You took it, right?” You said and she smiled.

“Not yet.” You frowned.

“Why not? It’s a good opportunity and you’ve been working really hard.” You said. You were really proud of your mom. When she was 27, she decided that she wanted to be a mom. She wasn’t dating anyone because all her focus was on her work so she became a single mom. It’s always been you and her alone, and even though her work took a lot of her time, she never failed to spend time with you.

“Because if I take it, we have to move to the other side of the country.” She said with a sad smile. You sat beside her and she held your hand.

“So? That’s not a problem at all. I’ll just transfer to another college.” You said, making her smile wide.

“Are you sure? Your friends are here.” She said, squeezing your hand a bit.

“I do have friends here, but my best friends are online. I can still contact them anytime I want.” She hugged you and you hugged her back.

“Thanks honey, I love you so much.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter