Unexpected

Love Against War

Jimin looked at the empty classroom and took a deep breath. Luckily nobody had arrived yet. It was his fist training class session and he was told that he is going to learn how to control his power here and see if it can develop further. Jimin wondered what kind of people would show up later and who the teacher was. He slowly shuffled to the nearest table, thinking that it should be easier for him to slip out of class unnoticed if he sat near the back door. He smiled softly. He couldn't help but feel excited. Finally, he could learn how to use his power. No one will be going to tell him to hide and no one will be scared of him anymore. Unlike when he was in the orphanage, soft whispers and sharp glances were always thrown at him. Some of the boys even took it to pleasure to hurt him physically, calling him 'freak' and 'monster' when he first discovered his power. Only Jungkook stayed by his side, cheering him up whenever he got down and protecting him from the teasing when all he could do was to shrink into the walls when they faced the bullies. Then Jungkook discovered that he has power too and things started to move around and before they knew it they were transferred to Seoul under the Emperor Scholarship. And here they are now.

A soft clucking startled Jimin from his down-the-memory-lane session just now. He looked forward and saw a small, petite man in front of the classroom. He quickly stood up and bowed, before he sat down again when the man gestured him to do so. He felt a little giddy as he looked around and noticed that there was no one else apart from him and the small man in the classroom.

"Hello. I believe we've never met before. I am Kim Ryeowook, the teacher for the Special Elemental Class. Now if you please, I would  like you to introduce yourself to each other." The man said softly, looking at him at a point and sometimes he looked at the opposite of the classroom. Jimin looked around and saw nothing but the tables and chairs that were lined up, and a cupboard at the very corner of the back of the classroom, near the window. Jimin frowned a little, but stood up nonetheless and faced the teacher.

"Hello Sir, I am Park Jimin." He said briefly before he sat down again.

"Thank you, Mr. Park. Now Prince Suga, would you kindly get out of the God forsaken shadow and greet this young boy please?" Ryeowook said as he turned his attention to the very cupboard in the end. Jimin looked at the cupboard again, before noticing a silhouette forming from the shadow of the cupboard itself and out walked the guy that Jimin saw in the cafeteria before. The guy wore a bored expression, before he went to the table beside Jimin and sat down.

"I am Prince Suga." He said as he slumped into the chair. Jimin bowed his head as a sign of respect before he looked at the teacher again.

"It's good to have new students in this big classroom. Now, let us begin with the very basics. This is for you, Mr. Park." Ryeowook said and Jimin quickly nodded. Ryeowook then walked towards both of them, before he finally sat down on a table in front of Jimin. "Now, listen. The Earth itself is made up of four types of the basic element: Earth, Air, Water and Fire. An Elemental is a person who can command these elements." Ryeowook said calmly as he drew four symbols, that Jimin guessed represented each and every element, with his finger. The symbols came out in a fire that floated in the air, right in front of both of them. Ryeowook smiled, before he added two more symbols.

"However, when magic was created, the Essence of Life itself was made up of strong elements. These elements were forged into two to keep the balance of the World. Hence, the Special Elements were added to the basic elements, and those two elements are the core of Humans and Sorcerers." Ryeowook said and made a gesture with his hand so that all the symbols lined up and made a circle.

"Unfortunately, the Special Elementals are of the Ancient World, and for a human to possess such power was a taboo. Therefore, the High Priestess of the Old Religion had banned the use of such magic, leaving only the four basic elements of the world." Ryeowook said before the two unknown symbols were distinguished, leaving only a trail of smoke.

"The High Priestess had locked the knowledge away, hidden deep within the very crest of the Earth, until one day, it would reemerge again if the balance of the World were to be corrupted. There was also a prophecy about this, but you'll learn that soon enough." Ryeowook continued before Jimin chimed in.

"What happened to the elements now? Are they still locked?" Jimin asked sheepishly to which Ryeowook just smiled. He shook his head and Jimin saw that the distinguished symbols were lit up again.

"Well, the symbols recently resurfaced, causing an uproar in this school to be exact. As for now, both of the symbols are embedded in this classroom, right in front of me. Both of you are the wielder of this element. The Light and the Dark Elementals." Ryeowook said, finishing his long speech with a somehow proud expression on his face. Jimin clapped his hands excitedly while Suga let out a yawn.

"Are we done, Sire? Can we start battling now?" Suga asked, making Ryeowook chuckle a little.

"Not yet, Suga. Be patient. We wouldn't want to hurt our precious Light Wielder here, right?" He said softly, and Jimin could swear that there was a glint of excitement in Ryeowook's voice. Jimin shivered as he looked at Suga and Ryeowook alternately, hoping that he'll somehow survive this class.

"Alright then. I guess we finished the basics for this class. Okay, now, I will end our class here, but not without a few tasks. For Prince Suga, the usual." Ryeowook said and Suga just nodded weakly before Ryeowook turned his gaze towards Jimin. "As for you, Jimin, I want you to have a few lapses running around the school field each day. So, I guess that's it. We'll meet again in two days, thank you. You are dismissed." Ryeowook continued before he nodded and made a slight bowing gesture to both of them, before he got up and went to the teacher's table, gathering his things before he went out of the classroom. Jimin sighed a little before he looked to his side. Suga was slumped over in his chair, his eyes closed. Jimin smiled a little, finding it amusing looking at a prince like that. He continued to observe Suga, from the nose to his lips and to the little breathing movement of his chest heaving up and down.

 "Don't you know that staring like that is rude? I could have you thrown in the dungeon for that." Suga said, his eyes still closed and his body seemed to relax more than ever. Jimin took some time to digest the other's words before he shivered slightly.

"I..I didn't mean to be rude, My Lord." Jimin said, before he got up and quickly ran out, stumbling a little over the chair before he finally managed to get out of the classroom.

**********

"That Prince is a psycho, I swear! He would throw me into the dungeon because of staring, I tell you." Jimin yelled, letting out his frustration by throwing his bag on the empty bed in the room. Jungkook just looked at Jimin and chuckled a little.

"I can't believe that Park Jimin will actually get mad at someone." Jungkook said, letting out a few giggles. "I never saw you this angry before. Did he tick you off that much?" Jungkook asked, to which Jimin nodded furiously. Jimin quickly jumped on his bed beside Jungkook, ready to blurt out his emotions when the door suddenly swung open.

"Hoseok, can you please put my things over there, at the empty table?" An orange-haired boy came in before another boy followed. The orange-haired boy smiled gummily when he saw Jimin and Jungkook sitting on the bed and quickly went over to them.

"Hello. I am Prince Taehyung. Nice meeting you both." He said, his voice as deep as the ocean. Jimin and Jungkook quickly leapt off the bed and stood up before both of them bowed a little.

"My Lord, I am Park Jimin and this is Jeon Jungkook." Jimin answered politely. "Nice meeting you too, My Lord." Jungkook added before his gaze turned towards the slightly taller boy behind the prince.

"Oh, that is very nice of you. Let's just drop the honorific, okay? Just call me Taehyung." Taehyung said, smiling at Jimin and Jungkook before he noticed Jungkook's lingering stare at Hoseok. "That is my Celestial Being, Jung Hoseok. He'll be staying next door for it to be easy to cater to my needs. Erm, which one of you is my roommate?" Taehyung beamed cheerfully. Jimin smiled as he raised his hand.

"That would be me, Taehyung," He answered politely, cringing a little when the prince's name got out from his lips. Taehyung just smiled a little before he eyed Jungkook.

"And you? Where is your room?" He asked Jungkook softly.

"Next to here," Jungkook said sheepishly. Taehyung smiled and looked at Hoseok.

"He's your roommate. Take good care of him for me. He will mean a lot to me later on." Taehyung spoke to Hoseok casually, sending chills down Jungkook's spine when he heard the other's words.

"What do you mean by that?" Jungkook asked curiously.

"Don't worry, all in good time. If...The future I saw is correct." Taehyung said as he smiled gummily before he turned around and gestured Hoseok to follow him out of the room. As soon as the door closed, Jungkook and Jimin looked at each other before Jungkook finally broke the silence.

"That's a cool power, seeing futures." He muttered softly, to which Jimin just nodded, agreeing silently.


A little push for the story :)