Cross My Soul

Love Against War

Jimin smiled gummily as he entered the classroom. Yoongi was already waiting for him and he couldn't believe his eyes when Yoongi suddenly got up and kissed him on his cheek. Jimin's eyes widened as he felt the soft touch of Yoongi's hand caressing his cheek, right where his lips made contact before. Jimin gulped as he looked at Yoongi's face, trying to see what game he was playing when he captured Yoongi's eyes. Jimin could feel himself freezing as Yoongi leaned in closer and closer until Yoongi's lips grazed his own.

"Park Jimin! Get up! You are going to be late for class!" The roar of Taehyung's voice jolted Jimin up. He rubbed his eyes in confusion as he looked at Taehyung, before the memory of his dreams just now came back to him. His cheeks suddenly turned crimson red as he touched his lips and then his cheeks. "Oh my God!" Jimin whispered, but somehow Taehyung's sharp ears were able to catch his words.

"Oh yeah you better be fast. Your class is gonna start soon!" Taehyung said as he winked before he headed off. Jimin sighed softly as he looked down at his feet.

"Why was I dreaming about him? Silly Jimin." Jimin said to himself as he got up and literally dragged his feet across the floor towards the bathroom. As soon as the cold water touched his face, he shivered a little and closed his eyes. Adjusting the temperature of the water again, he sighed as the water became slightly warmer. He smiled, still keeping his eyes closed and hummed a little.

The soft pitter patter of the shower water hitting his face reminded him of his dream again. Yoongi's touch was so delicate that it left a burning and tingling sensation even after he woke up. He smiled brighter as he imagined Yoongi inside the bathroom, fingers tracing his neck as he let out a soft whine and unconsciously called out Yoongi's name softly. The touch seemed so real, felt so real that he didn't want to open his eyes. He sighed in pleasure when he felt something nibbling his neck before a clashing sound boomed outside the door of his bathroom.

"Ouch, sorry hyung! What are you doing in there? Why is it so bright inside?" A familiar voice greeted his ears as he sighed and turned off the shower. He snatched the towel hanging  right on the wall and wiped his body dry before wrapping it around his lower body and getting out.

"Hey, Jungkookie! You're very early today!" Jimin said as he smiled softly. Jungkook just shrugged as he looked inside the bathroom. Jimin frowned a little when he saw Jungkook's behaviour. "What are you doing?"

Jungkook looked at Jimin suspiciously, narrowing his eyes a little. "Hyung, who is in there with you?" Jungkook asked as he looked at Jimin. Jimin just gave Jungkook a soft chuckle as he took out his shirt from the drawer and quickly wore it.

"Somebody's been drinking, I see." Jimin teased and let out his famous high pitched laugh before Jungkook went closer to Jimin and put his hand on Jimin's head.

"Hyung, I am serious. Who was with you inside there just now?" Jungkook asked as he looked Jimin straight into his eyes fiercely. Jimin could feel himself become smaller as Jungkook's sharp gaze pierced him.

"What are you talking about? I was alone in there." Jimin said softly as he briefly gazed towards the bathroom. Jungkook frowned even deeper.

"I swear I saw two silhouettes of shadows inside there just now. I really thought something might have happened to you hyung. And you were using your power so I got scared." Jungkook said, a little bit too fast as the words came tumbling out. Jimin looked at Jungkook, a little bit puzzled. He was definitely alone and he didn't think he used his powers just now. However, the look on Jungkook's face was one of pure worry and he could tell that Jungkook wasn't lying.

"Maybe you just saw wrong. I was trying to practice my power just now, so don't worry, okay?" Jimin said as he put his hands on Jungkook's cheeks. Jungkook gave Jimin a look that he couldn't decipher before pulling him into a hug and Jimin felt the tight wrap of Jungkook's arms around his waist.

"But I am worried. You scared me. You know I can't live if anything happens to you." Jungkook muttered and Jimin froze.  "Okay." Jimin answered slowly as he let Jungkook hug him tighter.

**********

Seokjin smiled as he gave a soft peck on Namjoon's cheek. They were in the student council room, both of them were members of the council, being the President and Vice themselves.

" Have you heard, Joon? About the visit from the ruler of Loslt?" Seokjin asked. Namjoon smiled, his dimples danced in and out as he nodded.

 "Yes, my love. I have." Namjoon replied as he gave another peck on Jin's lips. It was no secret amongst the royal family that Prince Kim Seokjin is betrothed to his own Celestial Being, Kim Namjoon. In fact, their marriage was planned to be right after Namjoon's graduation and hopefully before Prince Seokjin's coronation.

"Don't you think it's a little bit shocking? Loslt never made a visit here before." Jin asked his lover again as he snuggled closer to feel the other's warmth.

 "Well, maybe you forgot about the existence of their crown prince here." Namjoon chuckled softly.

"The Fire? Park Chanyeol?" Jin replied with another question and nodded to himself. "But why now? After what? Three years Chanyeol had been here?" Jin said after some time. Namjoon just let out a wider smile as he sighed.

"What is it, Joonie?" Jin asked softly as he looked at his beloved. Namjoon just smiled again as he shook his head.

"Nothing. I was just remembering how you and Chanyeol used to be so close. What happened between the two of you?" Namjoon asked lightly. Jin just shrugged.

"Well, Yoongi happened." He said, the words came out sarcastically. Namjoon laughed at Jin's antics.

"Wow, I never knew you disliked him so much. He is my best friend, you know? And he is a really good person if you know him well enough." Namjoon continued, smiling ever so softly at his lover. Jin looked towards the windows, lost in memories of the past.

"If he really were a good person he wouldn't have let his Celestial die for him." Jin muttered softly but Namjoon could hear it well. He looked at the other.

"You know that is not the case, right? Yoongi wasn't letting Zhou Mi die for him on purpose." Namjoon tried to explain but Jin shook his head.

"He failed to protect his Celestial. That's it. Period. I don't want to talk about him anymore." Jin sulked, and a rumble of thunder was heard just outside their windows. Namjoon just nodded. He knew better not to say anything when the weather changes if he didn't want to be zapped by a full force lightning. Jin just huffed as he hugged his significant half tighter.

**********

Jungkook knocked on Jimin's door, smiling happily as he held the box containing two slices of cake in his hands. He had bought Jimin's favourite when he passed the bakery just now on his way back, hoping to spend more time with Jimin. Somehow, the smile on his face faltered when he saw Kim Taehyung's face greeting him.

"Jimin is out. Extra classes." Taehyung said casually when he saw how the boy in front of him froze the moment he opened the door. He saw how Jungkook just nodded and turned around hastily. But before Jungkook could step away, Taehyung quickly took his hand.

"Jungkook, we need to talk." Taehyung said, feeling the younger stiffening. It took Jungkook a while to actually turn his body and face Taehyung. He gulped.

"Y- Yes?" He asked, stuttering a little. Taehyung then dragged Jungkook inside without the younger's consent and pushed him so that Jungkook sat down on the bed. Taehyung pulled Jungkook's hands out and took them in his own.

"Well, I know we were starting out wrongly . So I am going to do it right this time." Taehyung said firmly. While Jungkook was trying to process the meaning of Taehyung's words, he was shocked to see the smile on Taehyung's face.

"Hye. I am Taehyung from Joseon. I might be a prince, but you can call me Taehyung hyung. Nice to meet you." Taehyung said, his voice calm and collected. Jungkook gulped, feeling a little bit embarrassed, but he decided it wouldn't hurt to get along with what the other had in mind. So he put on a shy smile.

"Hye, Taehyung hyung. I am Jeon Jungkook, Jimin hyung's best friend. Hope we can be friends too." Jungkook said shyly before they let go of each other's hands. Finally, Jungkook realized he was holding the box of cake and before he knew it, he smiled and asked, "Would you like to eat this cake with me?"  at which Taehyung's grin grew wider.

**********

"Jimin, focus." Yoongi said as he blasted a dark shadow towards Jimin, to which Jimin hastily ducked in order to avoid it. Yoongi frowned a little when he saw Jimin on the floor.

"Hey, are you alright?" Yoongi asked as he sat down beside him. Jimin gave a short nod which wasn't very convincing. "You seem distraught today. Is something wrong?" Yoongi continued. Jimin just shook his head sheepishly this time, avoiding Yoongi's gaze. Yoongi noticed Jimin was acting a little bit different today, not to mention the frequent reddening of Jimin's cheeks which left a question mark in his head. He assumed that Jimin was sick because that could be the only possible explanation for the weird behaviour of the 'ball of sunshine' today. Yoongi put his hands on Jimin's chin, lightly pulling his face so that Jimin finally faced him.

"Are you sick?" Yoongi tried again, this time with a little worried frown on his forehead. Jimin just shook his head and looked away from Yoongi's gaze.

"N- No, I am fine, really." Jimin stuttered a little as he tried not to look at Yoongi.

"You can tell me anything, you know. Just in case if you need someone to hear you out or anything." Yoongi said as he caressed Jimin's hair a little before he lay down on the floor. Jimin gasped as he nudged Yoongi's side.

"Hyung, your shirt will get all dirty." Jimin said as he tried to pull Yoongi up. Yoongi just smiled at Jimin's attempt, before he decided to play a little prank on him. He tugged Jimin's hand, making Jimin fall down flat right onto Yoongi. Yoongi snickered when he felt Jimin's body on his own.

"You really like your hyung that much eh?" Yoongi teased, making Jimin fumble as he tried to get up before he gave a smack right on Yoongi's stomach.

"Ouch! What was that for?" Yoongi asked as he rubbed his stomach and sat up.

"You purposely did that!" Jimin glared, trying to look angry but instead came out a little too cute in Yoongi's eyes.

"No I didn't! You are the one who is clumsy." Yoongi teased and let out a soft chuckle. Jimin pouted and looked away, feeling a little hot inside.

"Jimin, why are you glowing?" Yoongi asked as he frowned. "Are you sure you are alright?"

"Hm?" Jimin replied as he looked at himself. Yes, he was glowing softly, a bright white light illuminating his body. He put his hands up and looked at them weirdly. "I don't know. Sometimes it does that without me even noticing it." Jimin said as he carefully traced his skin to see if it made any effect on the light. "I can't possibly walk around like this." Jimin said, a little bit horrified when he realized how bright he had become just now. Meanwhile, Yoongi chuckled before he took Jimin's hand in his.

"Here, let me try to absorb your light a little bit." Yoongi replied casually as he gave a soft squeeze to Jimin's hand. Jimin just let Yoongi be. However, his heart seemed to be beating faster and instead of the light subsiding, his body glowed even brighter. Yoongi just looked at Jimin and put his other hand on Jimin's cheek.

"Close your eyes and take a deep breath. Yeah, like that. Calm down." Yoongi instructed. Jimin just followed whatever Yoongi said even though it took him a while before he could calm down because Yoongi's deep voice wasn't really helping. Jimin cursed himself internally as he opened his eyes. His body was no longer glowing but their hands were still intertwined.

"Wow, your light is different from Chanyeol's." Yoongi commented, making Jimin furrow his eyebrows.

"Chanyeol hyung?" Jimin asked hesitantly. Yoongi nodded, smiling as he looked straight ahead, reminiscing the event that happened a few years before.

"Chanyeol's power is Fire. That's why he is called The Fire Prince. There was one time when he couldn't calm his anger. Anger triggers fire, so I had to absorb the fire that came out of his skin too. Everybody was panicking at that time because they feared that Chanyeol might combust." Yoongi laughed a little, before he moved on. " Well, his fire is strong and sharp. It burned with a jolt of burning sensation the moment I tried to absorb it. I thought the same thing about your power, but it seems that I was wrong. Your power is actually soothing. The light is not too hot and not too cold either. It has this sense of...comfort? If I would compare it, it almost feels like the light from the moon in a dark night. Yes, that's it."

Jimin smacked Yoongi's arms slowly, earning a confused look from Yoongi. "Hyung, are you always this cheesy?" Jimin asked, a hint of embarrassment evident in his voice. Yoongi just chuckled lightly before he replied, "Maybe, just maybe."


Hye~
One question! Do you think I need a beta reader?
Or this story needs one?