The Announcement (The Visit Part 2)

Love Against War

It's  a double update so be sure to read the chapter before this :) 

___________________________________________________

 

"Hyung. Why are you crying?" Jungkook asked softly when he heard the soft sob. He weakly opened his eyes and he saw Jimin sitting at the end of his bed, his body trembling softly. It hurt him whenever Jimin was sad, so he quickly scooted over to Jimin and back hugged him. Jimin didn't seem to notice Jungkook's question earlier because he flinched when Jungkook hugged him.

"Kookie. Are you alright?" Jimin said as he turned and looked at Jungkook, inspecting him. "Is your back okay?" Jimin added, a worried frown visible on his forehead. Jungkook nodded and smiled softly.

"Okay. I'm good. Just a little bit tired. My back doesn't hurt anymore." Jungkook replied and gave Jimin a reassuring smile. Jimin nodded and wiped his tears from his cheeks. He stood up and took something from the nightstand and sat down again, pushing Jungkook so that he leant against the headboard.

"Hoseok hyung said you need to eat and rest a lot. You need your strength tonight, so I bought something for you. Your favourite." Jimin said as he opened the plastics and pull out a box. A delicious smell wafted through and made Jungkook hungry. He smiled when he took the box happily.

"Thank you! You are the best!" He beamed as he opened the box, grabbed a slice of pizza and took a quick bite from it. Jungkook offered Jimin a slice as well  but Jimin just shook his head. Jungkook sighed softly.

"Hyung. Please don't?" Jungkook asked. Jimin looked at Jungkook questioningly.

"Don't what?" Jimin replied innocently.

"Don't do this. You know, feel guilty or sad or anything." Jungkook said as he took another bite. Jimin sighed as he heard the other's word.

"Why did you agree to all of this madness? Look where it got you now, Jungkook." Jimin blurted out as he pouted.

"What madness? Jiminnie hyung, listen. I always knew that you are destined for greatness. And this just proves it. Besides, I always want to protect you with all of my life, so me being a Celestial Being will just make it easier, right? And I like my wings." Jungkook answered cheekily as he spread his wings out.

"I know. But...I hate it when you get hurt because of me." Jimin admitted as he touched Jungkook's wings. Jungkook shook his head and he was about to say something when a slam on the door startled both of them.

"Oh Gosh! It's so fluffy!" A deep voice beamed. Taehyung came in and sat beside Jungkook, smiling in delight as he touched Jungkook's wings softly. Hoseok just chuckled and gave both Jimin and Jungkook an apologetic smile.

"Prince Taehyung was worried that you didn't come back last night, Jiminni- Prince Jimin, so I told him that you stayed here," Hoseok explained politely.

"Hyung, please don't call me Prince when we're not in formal places. I am not really comfortable with it." Jimin looked at Hoseok and smiled guiltily. Hoseok just nodded and ruffled his hair.

"But Jiminnie, how come you didn't know you are a Prince?" Taehyung asked as he took Jimin's hand in his. "Though it is great to have another prince as my friend." Taehyung asked as he frowned.

"It's a long story, really. But The King will tell everyone about it tonight, during the dinner to celebrate the Royals visit here." Jimin smiled sheepishly as he looked at Taehyung. Taehyung just nodded and smiled softly.

**********

Jimin took Jung Kook's hand and hurried into the hall. The burst of music greeted them as they opened the door and walked in. Jungkook looked around before he spotted the seat where the Princes and their Celestial Beings were seating, so he brought Jimin there. By now, the students were already ready, and the food was being delivered to each table. Both of them went closer to the table and were greeted by Taehyung.

"Ah Jiminnie, I saved a spot for both of you here."  Taehyung beamed as he pat the empty seat next to him. Jimin just smiled and nodded. He went and quickly sat down, with Jungkook sitting right next to him. He looked around the table and immediately saw the confused looks from the others. He smiled awkwardly as he looked down, fidgeting his fingers.

"Prince Taehyung, are both of them your guests?" Jin inquired softly as he took a look at Jimin and Jungkook. Jimin just gave a soft smile to the prince and looked down again.

"No. They are the King's guests." Taehyung replied and smiled. "I believe all of you already know each other so I shall drop the introduction. Please enjoy your dinner."

All of them nodded, but none of them touched their food. Jimin looked around in confusion before he noticed two empty seats.

"Are we waiting for someone?" Jimin whispered to Taehyung. Taehyung nodded and smiled.

"Yes. Prince Changhyun of Gerdav and Hoseok hyung is not here yet." Taehyung whispered the reply and Jimin nodded softly.

Not long, Hoseok came and sit right next to Taehyung. Then, the hall went silent when a certain blue-haired boy went in. Jimin smiled and waved at him. 

"Hello Princes and Celestial Beings." Changhyun greeted as he sat down at the only empty seat right beside Hoseok, making himself comfortable.

"Hello Changhyunnie. Long time no see." Taehyung said as he smiled wide. Hoseok looked at Taehyung and frowned before he put his gaze to the blue-haired boy beside him.

"Hello, Hoseok. Fancy meeting you again." Changhyun smiled as he looked at the older beside him.

"Uh oh. He- Hello, Changhyun." Hoseok stammered. His heart was beating fast, and he was still a bit confused as to why the boy sat at the Royalties table and was being super friendly with Taehyung. He knew that Taehyung and Changhyun were friends, but this is a formal occasion, and shouldn't he know that this table was for Princes and Celestial Beings only? Unless...

"Hoseok hyung, I never knew you were close to Changhyun? I've been wanting to introduce him to you since forever, but you were always away when he came to visit our castle. He's a Cupid you know?" Taehyung stated as a matter-of-factly. Hoseok just shook his head and looked at the other. He heard that Cupids can see other people's soulmates through the person's pinky. No wonder he always looked at his pinky. He wondered who his soulmate was.

"Actually, we are not that close. But it's good to hear someone calling you out of formalities. You know I hate formalities, Prince this and Prince that. Besides, I've seen him before. He is a well-known S-ranked Celestial, so I don't mind him dropping the formalities." Changhyun explained softly.

"I am sorry, Prince Changhyun. Forgive me. I didn't realise that you were a prince " Hoseok said politely as he bowed a little as a sign of respect. Changhyun blushed, but he looked away and whispered a soft 'It's okay'. Jin just looked at the interaction between all of the princes and smiled softly. He was about to greet and ask about Changhyun's wellbeing when the blowing of the horns were heard.

Everybody in the hall stood up and the door opened. The master of ceremony announced the arrival of the ruler from Loslt.

"Announcing the King of Loslt, King Park Jaehyun and Queen Park Bo Young, together with their first-born son, the Crown Prince Park Chanyeol into the hall."

Jimin's heart skipped a beat. He was informed earlier that he won't be joining the procession with his family. He would join them later on when they were seated on the stage, after the King had announced his identity to the public tonight. Jimin took a good look at his family, still feeling a bit dreamy that he finally met his family. Never once did he think he would ever meet them, let alone for them to be such high ranked people. 

The Queen gave him a small smile when she passed by. He noticed the Principal and the teachers trailing after them as an .

The procession went on smoothly as all of them took their respective seats. The master of ceremonies then invited all of the royalties and the students to dine in, and a few performances lit up the night. All of them seemed to enjoy themselves, including Jimin and Jungkook. Jimin and Jungkook didn't say much, but all of the Princes and the Celestial Beings were very friendly, except Yoongi. Yoongi interrupted the conversation only a few times. He kept on staring at Jimin longer than necessary, and Jimin had to admit that Yoongi looked heavenly in his royal suits. Yoongi gave him a wink and Jimin looked down, instantly feeling his cheeks heat up.

Right after the last performance, the King was invited to give a speech. The whole hall silenced as the King made his way towards the stage. He took the microphone and smiled before he spoke. Jimin started to shake a little. He wondered what the other people's reaction would be.

"Thank you all for the wonderful dinner. I feel very welcomed here." He started.

"I am really sorry that I have taken your precious time. My visit is unplanned, and I came here for a reason that I couldn't avoid. I know most of you need your time to practice your powers and revising for your studies, and for that again I am sorry." He continued.

"However, I have news to break. This thing has been kept for some time, for a few reasons, and now the time has come forth for me to unveil it. Sometime 18 years ago, my wife, the Queen, gave birth to a very healthy boy. He was blessed by many, but little did we know that he had been harbouring a very special gift. As soon as we knew of it, we quickly took action to protect him, including making his identity as a Prince to become a secret. But now, that he has turned 18, I believe that it's time for him to gain his right back as my second son, the second Prince of Loslt, the brother to Prince Park Chanyeol. Now, I would like to call upon my son, Prince Park Jimin, the Wielder of the Light element, as well as his Celestial Being Jeon Jung Kook, the Imagination Mastermind, to come forward and claim your respective titles."

The hall was as silent as a mouse, and apparently, all of the student's head now focused on Jimin and Jung Kook. Almost everyone already knew them since they were the only ones enrolling due to the Emperor's Scholarship. Jimin started to panic a little, but Jung Kook quickly took Jimin's hand. Jimin looked at the younger and Jungkook nodded softly.

"Park Jimin, son, can you please come up here?" The King called again. Jimin looked at Jung Kook, and Jung Kook gave him a soft nod again. Jimin stood up together with Jung Kook and both of them awkwardly shuffled towards the stage. The hall got loud with the mixed voices of chatters. Jimin walked awkwardly up the stage with Jung Kook tailing behind, and finally, when he was in front of the King, he bowed down to him. Jung Kook just copied what Jimin did.

"Prince Park Jimin." The King said as he hugged the other. He let Jimin go after some time, and continue to hug Jung Kook. "Celestial Being, Jeon Jungkook." The King gave Jimin the microphone and stepped backwards. Jimin already practised his speech as instructed last night, so he nervously cleared his throat.

"Erm...Greetings to the King and Queen of Loslt, Princes and Celestial Beings, and ladies and gentlemen." Jimin paused a little, taking a deep breath before he continued. "My name is Park Jimin, and up until yesterday, I have been living a life as an orphan, together with my Celestial Being, Jeon Jungkook. I would have never imagined that I would meet my parents, let alone to be a Prince. However, seeing Jungkook's wide wings yesterday, I realised that probably - just probably - that Fate has something for me. I want all of you to know - especially the friends that I have made here, and those that I will make in the future - that a Prince or not, I am still the same Park Jimin. For me, being a Prince means more responsibilities are weighed on my shoulders. I promise to carry out my duty as a Prince with all of my heart and to serve everybody with the gift I have. I hope that the future that all of us share ahead of us will be as bright as the light."

Jimin ended his speech with a little bow. Then, he took Jungkook's hand in his. Jungkook then let his wings out from his back and spread them out as wide as he could. Loud gasps could be heard echoing across the hall. Jimin and Jungkook bowed again and Jungkook pulled his wings back, closing them and retracting them back into his skin. They heard soft clapping coming from the front of the hall. Yoongi was clapping slowly, before Taehyung followed him, and so did the rest of the students. Claps were thundering through the hall. Jungkook smiled at Jimin and squeezed Jimin's hands a little bit as Jimin smiled back. He knew instantly that both he and Jimin would be okay.


Hello! This is Sky! I hope you enjoyed this double update!
By now, the story has gone to the middle of the intended plot.
More to come, and I could ensure you that it won't be as happy as it is before!
Nevertheless, I hope you will still support this story no matter what.

P.S.: Personally, I have put a lot of feelings and efforts in writing these two chapters.
I hope you like it~
Also kudos to Luna as well! She had put in a lot of effort in proofreading this story. <3

___________________________________________________

Greetings from me as well. Proof-reading this was quite the task and I am glad that I could convince author-nim to cut this into two parts xD 

I surely missed some things but I hope you like this update. We had a hard time figuring out how to write this to convey the feelings of the characters. 

Until next time ~~~