Opening a Door

Love Against War

Yoongi sighed a little as he looked around the empty classroom, save for Jimin sitting on his seat, staring sourly to the front. Yoongi just walked towards the said boy and plopped down in the seat next to him.

"What's with the face, orange?" He said softly, looking to the front to find the object of Jimin's interest. Jimin took a glance towards the other and proceed to look to the front again.

"Prince Yoongi, how come you are always alone?" Jimin asked, his voice flat. Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows a little, clearly not expecting such a question from Jimin.

"I like it alone, why?" Yoongi retorted, sighing again as he slumped against the chair.

"Where is your Celestial Being?" Jimin blurted out as he finally looked towards Yoongi, shifting his body a little so that he faced the other. Yoongi coughed a little before he looked at Jimin briefly, his eyes dull without any expression.

"None of your business, but if you are really that needy for an answer, I don't have one." Yoongi spat before he rose up from his seat and quickly dissolved into a shadow before said shadow quickly slipped out the door. Jimin grunted, a little bit shocked by the sudden behaviour from the other.

**********

"Hello, Jimin. What happened? Your frown could easily kill a thousand people, I swear." A familiar voice greeted Jimin.

"Oh, Prince Seokjin, hello." Jimin stood up and bowed deeply before he quickly rose up when he heard the other chuckling a little.

"Jimin, how many times do I have to tell you not to bow to me? And please, drop the honorifics will you? Just call me Jin instead. Now, want to tell me what's troubling your mind?" Jin asked as he sat down on the bench next to him, putting his bag on the table. Jimin just shook his head and smiled a little.

"It's nothing, really. Just the usual stuff crossing my mind." Jimin answered politely, a little cautious around the prince. Jin nodded and took his bag, before quickly rummaging through his bag. He took out a paper box and shoved it into Jimin's hand, smiling.

"Here, I've baked a Strawberry Kiwi Cheesecake, just some new recipes I invented. Please do try it and let me know how it tasted okay?" Jin said, winking cheerfully towards the other. Jimin just nodded and smiled bashfully.

"Thanks, Jin hyung. I will let Taehyung, Kookie and Hoseok taste it as well." He beamed cheerfully before his eyes captured a certain Prince passing by the table that both of them were sitting at. Jimin stared at Yoongi a little too long, arousing curiosity in Jin's head, but Jin said nothing nonetheless. It really wasn't his business to poke around Jimin's.

"Hyung, do you perhaps know Prince Yoongi of Herzrof?" Jimin asked slowly, but enough to be heard by both of them. Jin looked at Jimin and shook his head.

"No. I rarely meet him. Just met him a few times during the Annual Truce day where all the Kings and Crown Princes gather together for the truce. But Namjoon and he are friends. You can ask Namjoon later." Jin replied as he glanced at his watch.

"Who is Namjoon?" Jimin asked, furrowing his eyebrows a little.

"My Celestial Being. I have to run off. See you later, Jiminnie! Don't forget the cake!" Jin stood up as he ruffled the other's hair playfully before he rushed off, leaving Jimin behind.

**********

"Jimin hyung! Put some effort into it okay?" Jungkook yelled from across the room. Jimin just raised up his thumb, signalling 'okay' before he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He opened his eyes and nodded. Jungkook smiled before he put his hands up, palms to the air before a splutter of sandy rain came down.

"Try to make a force field with the light energy around yourself," Jungkook instructed as the sand rain poured more and more. Jimin took a deep breath and raised up his hands. Using his mind, he tried to summon all of his energy into a force field to defend himself against the pouring rain. He could feel a slight flow of energy coming out of his palm which shone a soft white glow momentarily before it sizzled out again. Jimin cursed under his breath as he kneeled down in disappointment.

Jungkook then stopped the illusion and the sand rain disappeared. They were back in the Simulation Room where the Gifted can practice using their powers. Right now though, there were only Jimin and Jungkook, since it was almost midnight already. Jungkook frowned a little, seeing Jimin kneeling on the ground. He sighed as he walked towards Jimin. "Hyung, you okay?"
 

Jimin shook his head in frustration. "I can't seem to get it right. I don't understand how I managed to do it before." Jimin whined loudly. Jungkook just chuckled.

"Okay. When I wanted to produce an Illusion I just imagined the picture in my head and I slowly command it to be projected out of my head. Maybe you could try the same?" Jungkook asked as he sat down beside Jimin. Jimin shook his head again, this time a little bit more vigorously.

"No. I tried that before. Imagination is definitely not a trigger to my power." Jimin sighed, looking down as he played with the hem of his shirt. "I need to find my trigger fast or else I'll be doomed in my next class with Mr.Ryeowook and Prince Suga." Jimin added.

"Prince Suga? Who is-" Jungkook wanted to continue asking but he was interrupted by Jimin.

"Prince Yoongi. Min Yoongi. I don't know why he has two names. He told me to call him Prince Suga, but I heard Taehyung and Jin hyung call him Yoongi." Jimin snorted a little.

"I heard my name ringing in this room." A voice boomed in, startling both Jimin and Jungkook. They turned their heads around only to be greeted by none other than Prince Yoongi himself.

"I said, I heard somebody say my name," Yoongi said accusingly, his eyes sharp towards Jimin. Jimin shivered a little. Somehow, the Prince seemed a little bit intimidating tonight.

"I didn't see you coming in just now," Jungkook said. Yoongi just smirked a little.

"Are you trying to practice your power, Jimin? I think I can help you with that since you are going to battle me next week." Yoongi said softly as he raised his palms up towards Jungkook, who looked startled. Jimin looked at Jungkook and Yoongi simultaneously. Yoongi's hand started to disappear when a glob of black substance started to form from it. Suddenly Yoongi smiled a little and threw the glob towards Jungkook. The glob landed on Jungkook's chest and slowly became bigger and bigger. Jungkook looked at Yoongi, trying to decipher what he was trying to do before an acute pain started to sting insinde his chest.

Jungkook let out a small yelp and tried to pry off the black glob but the moment his hand touched it the glob started to spread on his hands as well and before long Jungkook could feel his hands become colder and almost numb. Jungkook let out an illusion of a thousand arrows pointing towards Yoongi but Yoongi just waved his hands and a dark shadow went to engulf the arrows. Jungkook was surprised that his illusion didn't work and he looked at Jimin, who had watched everything with horror. The pain started to throb stronger and the glob started to spread wider.

"Min Yoongi! What did you do to him?!" Jimin yelled, his voice cracking as he lunged towards Yoongi, only to be trapped by a gulp of darkness enveloping him as well.

"Try and light out the darkness, Jimin. Or else you might lose your life, and Jungkook his." Yoongi said, soft but stern. Jimin froze. He could feel himself trembling. Jimin tried to break free from the darkness, but it seemed endless. No matter how much he ran, no matter how much he punched the air, the darkness did not move away. He tried calling out for Jungkook and he could hear Jungkook's groan clearly, but he couldn't find a way out . Not without the light.

"Yoongi, please! Don't hurt Jungkook!" Jimin called out desperately as he tried to force the Light out from his body. He was getting more restless as he heard the groan of pain from Jungkook become louder and louder. Jimin became more worried as time passes. He kept on begging pleas to Yoongi and repeatingly mumbling Jungkook's name in between. He ran and ran, trying to find any source of light among the darkness; any hope among the fear.

Jimin was panting and sweating furiously as he stopped to catch his breath. The taste of sweat mixed with his own tears was salty against his dry lips as he took a deep breath and thought. His mind was racing with questions as he furiously tried to force the Light out of his hand, but to no avail. However, a sudden shriek from Jungkook snapped him out of his thought process. He flinched a little before he called out Jungkook's name.

"Jungkook!" He screamed and shut his eyes before a surge of energy flowed out of his body as he started to glow. He relaxed and let out the energy, directing it to the darkness surrounding him before everything was engulfed by a blinding white light. When the light subsided, he could see the room as clear as daylight.

He was still glowing when he ran towards Jungkook, who had been unconsciously lying on the floor. There were no more traces of the dark glob on his chest and Jimin heaved with ease. Jimin stood up and turned around.

"What did you do to him?!" Jimin hollered as he took a few steps towards Yoongi. Yoongi looked at Jimin and smiled softly.

"I just gave him a taste of my power. That's all." Yoongi smirked as if he was proud of his actions. Jimin shook his head, clearly not accepting the words that came from Yoongi's mouth.

"You are the worst person I've ever known in my entire life. Go now, before I burn your eyes out!" Jimin threatened furiously. Yoongi just chuckled softly.

"Getting arrogant, are you? Just had a taste of your puny little power and you already start to threaten me? You are a joke, Jimin and a fool at that, too." Yoongi mocked him, making Jimin even more furious.

"Enough!" Jimin screamed. "I said go!" Jimin yelled as he put out both of his hands and a shining bright light shot out from his palms straight towards Yoongi's chest. Jimin's Hand Blast managed to throw Yoongi off his feet, making Yoongi flinch a little. Yoongi spat on his side and melted into a shadow, before he vanished. Jimin couldn't care less as to where Yoongi went as he quickly brushed off his remaining tears that fell down his cheeks and ran towards Jungkook again.

"Hyung, you are beautiful~" Jungkook teases Jimin's glowing features before he winced in pain as Jimin smacked his chest.

"We need to get you to Hoseok hyung, fast." Jimin retorted as he slowly swung Jungkook's hand across his shoulder and helped him on his feet.

**********

"Interesting." The blue-haired boy smiled when he saw the battle inside the room. He had been watching the battle with great interest from one of the windows at the side. He had to close his eyes when the blinding light was launched by one of the boys inside the room towards another. The boy seemed to be very furious.

The moment when the boy let out the Hand Blast, the blue-haired boy caught something. The right hand of the boy with the Light power seemed to be forming a nice vivid red mark, before a red thread formed completely around the tip of the boys' pinky and connected to the one he was attacking.

"Hurm, looks like another job for me." The blue-haired boy laughed a little and smiled. "Let's see. What will I do with both of you~?" He said as he turned his back and walked away from the window silently.


Hello~
I decided to put in some conflict here~
And a new mysterious character arrived haha~
Also, I put in some link about their powers where necessary so that you may have an understanding about what I am writing about <3
SO, what do you think of this chapter? Please lend me your thoughts~