Family reunion (The Visit Part 1)

Love Against War

"Jimin! Jimin! Wait up!" Yoongi shouted, running after Jimin when he noticed him trying to avoid the older.  He had no idea why, but he hadn't seen the younger since the last visit to his studio and he couldn't deny that he was missing the other's company very much. He always thought Jimin was busy with classes because he only had one class with him. It never crossed his mind that Jimin was actually avoiding him until just now. Jimin clearly saw him, and obviously tried to casually turn around and run away unnoticed, which he failed to do miserably. That was how Yoongi got in this situation; running (mind you, he hates any physical activities) after Jimin and calling out his name while ignoring other people's stare.

Yoongi almost gave up when finally Jimin entered the wrong hallway. He got stuck in front of the locked door of the laboratory and Yoongi sighed. He swore he would have fainted if the running and chasing continued any longer.

"Why are you avoiding me?" Yoongi asked between his panting. Jimin's eyes widened, looking a bit terrified.

"Am not." He mumbled. 

"You are. Stop bluffing, okay? Just tell me the truth." Yoongi snapped. Jimin started to feel a little bit afraid. He used to be scared of Yoongi, but the way Yoongi treated him made Jimin change his mind and slowly swayed his heart towards the other boy. However, seeing a snappy Yoongi always terrified him slightly; with Yoongi being the Prince of Darkness and all. Jimin contemplated his next act, and he decided that he should make a run for his life. He ducked and sprinted away, passing the prince easily. Yoongi was stunned but quickly regained his wits.

"Stop right there or I'll drag you here with my shadow," Yoongi said slowly, but clear enough for Jimin to hear. The younger immediately stopped, afraid of the threats that Yoongi gave. By now, he was on the verge of tears and his eyes started to glisten. He could hear Yoongi's footsteps approaching him, together with the soft pants of Yoongi's breathing, still strained from chasing the other. Jimin only stayed still, afraid to turn his body around.

"What did I do wrong, Jimin? Tell me." Yoongi said softly, his voice sending shivers down Jimins spine. Jimin just shook his head slowly.

"Then why did you run away from me? Did I somehow say the wrong thing?" He persuaded as he came closer to Jimin. He could clearly see that the boy was trembling, so he did the unthinkable. He went closer and put his hands around Jimin's waist and pulled him closer, so that Jimin's back touched his chest. Both of them were covered in sweat, but Yoongi didn't really mind hugging Jimin. Jimin stiffened at the sudden interaction as Yoongi put his chin on Jimin's shoulder, his lips close to Jimin's ear.

"Talk to me, please. I miss you." Yoongi whispered softly. Jimin sighed, before he softly took Yoongi's hand and peeled it off of his waist as he took a step away from Yoongi. Jimin turned to face him and he saw a hurt expression on Yoongi's face, which made him feel a little guilty.

"Don't do this, Prince Suga." Jimin said, his body tensing and his eyes looking down, avoiding Yoongi's stare.

"Do what?" Yoongi asked, dumbfounded.

"This. All of this. You're making me fall for you. Hard. And I shouldn't. I can't. Because you already have someone you love..." Jimin trailed off at the end as he tried to keep the tears away. However, Yoongi's chuckle made him look at the older.

"What on earth made you think that?" Yoongi asked in between his laughs. Jimin pouted a little.

"You said you are seeing someone when we talked in the studio." Jimin replied.

"I was talking about you, stupid." Yoongi said as he gave the other a soft smile.

"I am not stupid, you...Wait, what do you mean you were talking about me?" Jimin looked at Yoongi suspiciously.

"My first love. That's you." Yoongi responded with a fond smile.

"No, that can't be. You said-"

"I said he is a commoner and in this school. Do you see me hanging out with anyone other than you and Chanyeol?"

 Jimin was about to retort, but he couldn't find any witty remarks except for the phrase 'I am Yoongi's first love' that was on repeat in his mind.

"Okay....So what now?" Jimin questioned slowly; still overwhelmed at the whole situation. 

"No idea. But you can start by calling me 'Baby' or something, and you can probably start by telling the kid Jung Kook that we are boyfriends." Yoongi said smoothly, making Jimin choke a little.

"No way." Jimin blurted out.

"Aww, are you rejecting me?" Yoongi replied jokingly but you could see the fear of being rejected in his eyes. Jimin could see that Yoongi was hurting again and he could feel his panic rising.

"No I'm not. I'm just not going to call you 'Baby' or anything." Jimin explained.

"So does this means you love me too?" Yoongi raised his eyebrows excitedly. Jimin could feel his cheeks getting redder.

"Yeah." Jimin said, almost to the point of a whisper. "But I am not a prince." Jimin continued.

"Doesn't matter. I love you for who you are, and nobody can say about me marrying a commoner, or I'll send them to the pits of hell." Yoongi replied playfully. Jimin just smiled softly as he nodded in approval.

"Okay. I'll take your word for it." He whispered softly before he hugged Yoongi tight, smiling when he heard Yoongi whispering 'I love you' to him.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the hallway, Changhyun was smiling when he saw the couple before he spread his wings and went away.

**********

"So, are you sure it's okay? I mean, can someone like me enter a Prince's chamber?" Jimin asked as he hesitated to take a step in.

"Someone like you? You mean as a prince's boyfriend? Of course you can enter my room. We can even do things in here." Yoongi said as he winked playfully, making Jimin blush furiously at the other's statement. "Plus, Chanyeol isn't even here."  Yoongi added when he saw the empty bed of his roommate. 

 "Oh stop it you!" Jimin replied as he went into the room, gasping a little at how simple it was. He quickly went to Yoongi's bed and sat down. Yoongi smiled as he followed after and climbed onto his bed, but instead of sitting down, he went straight for the pillow and lay down on his back. He patted the space next to him as he called Jimin. Slowly, Jimin scooted closer. Yoongi was getting a little impatient, so he got up and pulled Jimin by his waist down to his side and lay down again. Jimin chuckled slowly before he too lies down, smiling shyly. Yoongi sneakily put his hands around Jimin's waist as he pulled Jimin closer so that his chest was touching Jimin's back. Jimin shivered a little at the touch.

"So, this is our first day as a couple huh? How does it feel having the most hated prince as your boyfriend?" Yoongi asked softly as he nuzzled into Jimin's neck, inhaling the other's scent.

"Well, I think it is pretty good considering that you are that badass prince and all. But I think you are actually all mushy inside." Jimin chuckled slightly, feeling Yoongi's uniform breath fanning over his neck, calming him.

"How could you say that to me? I am the most feared person here! You are making me angry." Yoongi replied as he faked a gasp.

"Oh yeah? Then show me your wrath, pale Prince Suga." Jimin answered mockingly before he suddenly burst out laughing when Yoongi started to tickle him.

"No, please, stop." Jimin pleaded in between the laugh, while Yoongi enjoyed the helpless look on Jimin's face.

"Beg me, little boy." Yoongi challenged but Jimin shook his head and clenched his mouth shut as he tried to stifle his laughter. Yoongi increased his attack as he got up and pinned Jimin's hand on top of his head while he climbed on Jimin and kept on attacking Jimin's side.

"Please, my lovely Prince, stop tickling me," Jimin answered playfully as Yoongi slowed down. Yoongi chuckled as he leant down and was about to kiss Jimin when a loud booming voice startled both of them.

"Are you guys into the thing? Gross." Chanyeol said as he walked in casually, his face scrunching in horror. Yoongi just laughed at his roommate as he climbed off Jimin and lay down again. Jimin immediately sat up as he bowed down a little towards Chanyeol.

"Anyway, Jiminnie. My parents have arrived, and surprisingly they asked me to bring you and Jung Kook along to our private dinner tonight." Chanyeol said casually as he put his things on the table and quickly dived onto his own bed, sighing. Jimin was shocked at the news that the other brought.

"Did I do something wrong? Or wait, did Jung Kook?" Jimin asked as he started to panic a little. Chanyeol laughed and looked at Jimin, giving him his infamous toothy grin.

"No, you didn't. In fact, you guys did extremely well. My parents just want to see the students that they funded under the Emperor's Scholarship. That's all." He replied as he rolled onto his back and sighed in comfort. "Just come. It would be nice to enjoy a dinner with the King. Besides, I can at least pretend to have a baby brother a bit longer." Chanyeol added, and Jimin noticed a hint of sadness in his voice. Jimin gave Yoongi a questioning glance, and Yoongi shrugged his shoulder.

"What happened to your baby brother again, Yeol?" Yoongi asked casually, his hands pulling Jimin closer to him. Chanyeol sighed and stayed silent for a while.

"No idea. But I remember a vague memory of playing with my brother when I was small, but I can't remember his face. And my parents said that something did happen in the past that involves my little brother. I don't want to upset them anymore, so I assumed maybe some tragedy happened and my brother died?" Chanyeol answered honestly. "The truth is, if I still had a baby brother, I would want him to be like Jimin here. So cute and adorable."

Jimin choked on his saliva the moment he heard the compliment. He was about to say thanks but Yoongi beat him to that.

"Geez. He's mine. Back off. He's my human bagel now. Scoot over and go say your fiancee is cute or something." Yoongi replied as he pulled Jimin even closer. Chanyeol just gave them a glance and made a gagging noise. Yoongi took a pillow and threw it towards the other, but the pillow just rolled down the bed and fell onto the floor, not even reaching Chanyeol's side of bed, which earned a big guffaw from Chanyeol, and a soft chuckle from Jimin. Yoongi laughed too as he sighed, internally making mental notes to start exercising his body sooner or later. 

**********

"Come on, faster. We are gonna be late for it." Jimin urged as he pulled Jung Kook towards the Banquet Room. They are both hurrying up to the dinner they were invited to by Prince Chanyeol, and although they still had ten more minutes, Jimin was very eager to make a good impression - partly because they were the funder of their college fees. They were both dressed in their best suits, which means their white school uniforms since it was the only 'formal attire' that they could afford. Lucky for them, their school shirts were plain white and to make it look less like 'going-to-class' attire, Jimin put on Taehyung's red blazer and a black plain tie while Jung Kook - being the cooler one between both of them (or so he said) - decided to just go in white; the plain shirt that showed a bit of his muscular figure and a black tie with red and white stripes. They also used hair gel to make their hair look tidier.

 

 

 

As soon as they arrived, Jimin took Jung Kook's hand and opened the door to the room. They were both nervous yet excited at the same time. Both of them stepped into the room, not expecting anyone to be there since they were quite early. However, the familiar faces of the Principal and also the grinning Chanyeol greeted them, standing beside two strangers - which definitely were the King and Queen, given their clothes.

Jimin took this opportunity to take a good look at the King and the Queen since this was his first time seeing a King and Queen in real life. The King looked kind, his facial expression showing a hard look, with a few ageing lines, but overall he still looked dashing in his royal suit. Meanwhile, the Queen looked fresh and elegant, with her long hair styled in curls. She's wearing a nice gown, pastel yellow in colour that seemed to enhance her fair complexion. Jimin also noticed that she had the kindest smile he ever saw. The Queen immediately gave them a warm smile as soon as they came in.

All of them stood up when they saw their guests arriving. Jimin was a little bit overwhelmed, seeing that all of the Royal family were there, waiting for them.

"I am sorry for being late." He said as he quickly bowed down politely, a wash of guilt coming over him. Jung Kook just smiled awkwardly as he copied Jimin and bowed down as well.

"No, not at all. You are right on time." The Queen answered softly, and Jimin swears he felt her tone being calming and soothing and very motherly. Without explanation, Jimin suddenly felt almost complete; almost like the questions about his whole existence in life have been answered just by hearing her voice.

"Park Jimin and Jeon Jung Kook, please be welcome and have a seat." The principal greeted them, and he showed them their seats. Jung Kook nodded and went to sit beside the principal, and Jimin followed and took a seat right next to Chanyeol.

"Please make yourself comfortable." The King said, his voice firm, yet there was a hint of love in his way of talking. Both of them quickly felt at ease, and Jimin could feel his fear slowly vanishing. He gave a big smile to Chanyeol, and got Chanyeol's toothy grin in return.

"Thank you for inviting us to this dinner, Sire., It means a lot to both of us." Jung Kook said, smiling in gratitude. The King chuckled lightly.

"Aha, no worries. Besides, you deserve to be in this room as much as everyone else here. Please do help yourself with the food, both of you." The King replied as he took the spoon in his hand, a signal for everyone to start eating.

The dinner went on smoothly, with the exchange of small talks in between the munch of food and the sips of drinks, mostly about the school life and also their achievements. The Queen is the one that did most of the inquiries, and she seemed very eager to get to know both of the young men. The King interrupted with a few questions of his own sometimes, but most of the time he only listened or engaged in small talk with the principal. Finally, all of them finished their food, and Jimin swore that this was definitly the wealthiest food he ever tasted in his life. Both Jung Kook and he ate as much as their stomach could fit.

"What did you think about the food?" The Queen asked.

"Delightful. I've never tasted something so delicious in my life, ma'am." Jung Kook answered politely. The Queen nodded happily.

"Alright, now that we enjoyed our dinner, let's talk about the main reason why we are here, shall we?" The King suddenly voiced and Jimin could feel the situation suddenly getting a little bit tenser. He frowned a little. His mind was wheeling with questions because he thought that their gathering was only a meeting about the scholarship and school stuff, which they had already discussed just now.

"For Chanyeol, Jimin and also Jung Kook, I hope you can forgive me for what I am about to say." The King started softly but with determination. Jimin could feel his heart starting to beat faster and he dreaded what the King had to say after this. He probably hadn't done well enough and would be expelled from the school and go back to live as an orphan? However, his train of thought was cut when the King continued.

"There are secrets that the Royal family of Loslt has kept away from all of you, and now is the time to unveil one of the biggest secrets.  I hope that all three of you are ready to hear what I am about to say. "

All three of them nodded slowly and hesitantly, all eyes on the King now.

"Eighteen years ago, the Queen gave birth to the second heir to the throne, a healthy prince. We were overjoyed, and our family was completed. What more could we ask for? We cared for our two sons with all the love in the world, blessed by many. A few years later, a Celestial Being was born from our Guardian family, and we immediately knew that this newborn will be our second son's, just like his older brother to be Chanyeol's. Things were really perfect, until one day, when our second son turned 3. Three is usually the age where a Gifted will start to receive their gift, and we were horrified to see the light emanating from our son's body when he fell down the chair while playing. We had heard the old prophecy of the Special Elements, and right then we knew that this child of ours is in very grave danger." The King paused, his eyes showing a little hint of despair, probably from reminiscing the painful memory.

"We had an emergency council meeting to decide the best way to protect our son. Finally, with a heavy heart, we stripped him of his Royal status and we bound his power until he was 12. We decided to always monitor him, but we needed him to be somewhere safe where he could live his life normally. So, we decided to send him to an orphanage in Busan, because no one will think of checking for a prince in an orphanage and Busan is near to the Korea-Joseon gate which makes coming to the Ordinary world an easier thing for us if anything should happen to him. And to keep him protected, we sent his Celestial away as well."

"Why didn't I remember any of this?" Chanyeol interrupted.

"With the help of my Celestial, he altered all of your memories. Some of the memories are locked, and the memories left are changed so that it makes some sense. For example, you remember having a baby brother, only you don't remember what happened to him." The King replied before he looked at Jimin and Jungkook.

"Park Jimin, I am sorry that I cast you away from the castle, and denied your rights as my son, the Prince of Loslt. And now it is time for you to come back to our kingdom, together with your Celestial, Jeon Jung Kook." The King said, his voice almost pleading. The Queen just stayed silent as she watched the two boys in front of her with love. She hoped that Jimin would understand and come back to the kingdom to accept his title, but she had no right to force him should Jimin decide otherwise.

"No, I'm pretty sure you got the wrong person, Sire. I mean, I couldn't be a prince, and Jung Kook is definitely not a Celestial Being. There is no way I am a prince. We are just two orphans who are lucky enough to get into this school." Jimin reasoned as he looked at the King apologetically.

"Jimin, I understand that all of this confuses you, but you are the only person who can wield the Light element in this world." The principal persuaded as he looked at Jimin, his eyes soft and sincere. Jimin gulped as Jung Kook took his friends hand in his and gave it a soft squeeze to help him relax. He didn't know what to think, and how to react to the news. Never once had he thought of him being a Prince. He stayed silent as he internally panicked on what to do. He only realised his hold on Jung Kook's hand became too tight when Jung Kook touched his shoulder and looked at him pleadingly, signalling towards their linked hands. Jimin let loose of his hold but he didn't let Jung Kook's hand go.

"I know all of this is really hard to accept, but trust us, Jimin. You are a prince, and most importantly, you are our son." The Queen finally speaks, her eyes starting to water. This made Jimin feel a little guilty, but he still couldn't process the information that he had just received. However, he just gave a soft nod to ease the Queen.

"If Jung Kook is really a Celestial Being, why doesn't he have wings?" Jimin questioned when he suddenly remembered Hoseok.

"Yeah. Hoseok hyung has them, and he said that every Celestial Being has a pair of wings. If I really am one, does this mean I am somehow crooked?" Jung Kook added hesitantly as he looked at the King. Everyone apart from Jimin laughed at Jung Kook's statement, and Jung Kook was dumbfounded.

"Well, you haven't taken the oath of loyalty to Jimin yet, that's why your full Celestial form is locked away" Chanyeol stated as a matter-of-factly.

"Regarding that matter, shall we have the appointment ceremony now?" The Principal asked, to which the King nodded.

"Yes, we will. Tomorrow night, we will have the official visiting dinner together with all the students, and I shall announce both of them. The moment both of their positions are known to the public, Jimin will be exposed to any kind of danger, and for that, I need Jung Kook to be in his full capabilities of protecting himself and his Prince. Besides, the appointment ceremony will most likely drain Jung Kook's energy and hurt him depending on the rank he is, and I need him to have a good rest until the announcement tomorrow."

"It will hurt Jung Kook?" Jimin questioned suspiciously.

"Changing of forms is not an easy task for the body. It is possible that he will get hurt, but it has to be done." The King answered firmly.

"No, I won't allow that. He'll not get hurt because of me." Jimin gritted his teeth as his tone started to become defensive.

"Yo, chill." Chanyeol beamed. "Jimin, Jung Kook has to. He was born for this. To become your sole protector. If he doesn't change himself, he will not be as strong as he is supposed to be. Remember, every Celestial Beings life is tied to their Prince, so if something happened to you, he will die."

Jimin looked at Jung Kook and shook his head.

"No, but you will-" Jung Kook put his hands over Jimin's mouth.

"If anything happens to you, I won't be able to forgive myself, hyung. Please give me a chance to prove my worth." Jung Kook persuaded. Jimin was speechless. He looked at Jung Kook, then to the King, the Queen, and lastly Chanyeol. Chanyeol nodded as if asking him to believe in Jung Kook. Jimin sighed as he closed his eyes.

"Okay." Jimin whispered softly as he hugged Jung Kook tightly. The King nodded and smiled, while Chanyeol sighed in relief.

All of them stood up and walked over to the front of the room. There appeared to be a small stage that Jimin hadn't noticed before. The King went up and signalling both Jimin and Jung Kook to do the same. The King instructed Chanyeol to give Jung Kook guidance since he already had his appointment ceremony long ago.

"Okay. Jimin, come here." the King pulled Jimin's hand and placed him in front of Jung Kook. "Jung Kook, please kneel down on one of your knees and take Jimin's hand. Then, I need you to repeat after Chanyeol. Understand?" The King instructed, his voice firm. Jung Kook nodded as he crouched and took Jimin's hand.

"As for now, we are going to witness the appointment of the Celestial Being Jeon Jung Kook with Prince Park Jimin, the Second son of King Park Jaehyun, the ruler of Loslt, the Land of Secrecy." The King announced.

Chanyeol took a deep breath and signalled to Jung Kook. Jung Kook nodded and looked up at Jimin. Jimin was frowning by now, but he gave a soft squeeze to Jung Kook's hand, a sign of comfort that they shared.

"Please repeat after me. I, Jeon Jungkook, promise to protect my Prince, Park Jimin-"

"With all my life, for my soul is fated to him, and him only. His death will mean my death, and his life will bring me joy. I will become his companion when he needs me, and I shall become his Guardian when he is in danger. Una in Perpetuum." Jung Kook finished without the need for Chanyeol's guidance. Somehow, the words just slipped out of his mouth as if it was already embedded in his primal part of the brain.

There was just one more thing for Jung Kook to do. He smiled before he kissed Jimin's hands. Jimin just looked at Jung Kook, smiling softly as he pulled his hands away. However, Jung Kook suddenly went into convulsion as soon as he let Jimin's hand go. Jimin panicked when Jung Kook started groaning as he fell flat on the stage.

He tried to go and comfort Jung Kook, but Chanyeol held him tight. Jimin was starting to get furious. His hands started to glow in white light, but suddenly Jimin heard Chanyeol's whispering to him to stop and just let Jung Kook be. He looked at Chanyeol, ready to strike Chanyeol with his power, but the look in Chanyeol's eyes made him stop. "Trust me," Chanyeol said.

Jung Kook started to stop convulsing, but he still groaned in pain. He tried to get up, but he halted in a crouching position. Slowly, the white shirt that Jung Kook wore started to stain in red at two places on his back, right on the very edge of his shoulder's scapula. At first, it was the size of a coin, but it was getting bigger and bigger. Jimin started to worry, and he struggled to get free. Disobeying Chanyeol's order, he went to Jung Kook and kneeled down. Jung Kook looked at Jimin, his face twisting in pain. By then a sound of something ripping could be heard. Jimin looked at Jung Kook's back, noticing that something started to jut out from the blood stain and tearing his shirt.

Being sensible, he quickly pulled Jung Kook so that he knelt down, putting both Jung Kook's arm on his shoulder to support the younger. He started to fumble with the other's tie and shirt shirt, ing it as quick as possible and quickly undressed Jung Kook with difficulties. Jung Kook didn't seem to mind; he was in too much pain to think right now.

"Hyung, it hurts." Jung Kook whined repeatedly as Jimin undressed him. Jimin could only say some comforting words, for he doesn't really know what to do.

"I know, I know. Shh. It'll be over soon, I promise." Jimin cooed as he wildly looked for Chanyeol, asking for some support. Chanyeol came towards them, but he could do nothing except pat Jimin's shoulder, just a gesture to help Jimin calm down. He gave a short nod, encouraging Jimin to continue comforting Jung Kook.

"It hurts so much..." Jung Kook trailed off as he let out a high pitched scream and arched his back in pain. Immediately, a pair of wings spread out from his back, and Jung Kook slumped into Jimin's embrace. Jung Kook was panting and writhing in pain, but the wound seemed to start healing.

Jimin looked at Jung Kook's wings. They were white in colour and had fluffy feathers, except now they were smeared in blood. His wings were quite big for Jung Kook's size, and were as wide as the boy himself. The wings twitched a little as Jung Kook groaned, and Jimin could feel the youngers tears on his chest where Jung Kook had buried his face.

"It's done." Chanyeol whispered softly, and Jimin let out a deep breath. Jimin the wings lightly. The wings twitched a little and stayed still afterwards. Jimin Jung Kook's hairs fondly as he repeatedly apologised to the younger.

"He'll be fine. Looks like you got yourself a SS-ranked Celestial Being, Prince Park Jimin of Loslt." Chanyeol stated calmly as he ruffled his little brother's hair. Jimin gave a small smile to Chanyeol.

"Please be fine." Jimin whispered to Jung Kook's ears as he hugged the other. "I'm sorry." He whispered again.


Get ready for the announcement ^^