Sprouts of Love

Love Against War

Jungkook huffed a little as he jogged through the field. The sweat running down his temple was extremely uncomfortable and by now his shirt was clinging onto his back like a second skin, drenched in his own musky sweat. The music blaring in his ears didn't help to calm his nerves down; in fact he kept on thinking so much that he barely noticed the sun going down and he was left alone in the field.

He took a deep breath, crouching a little as he panted, trying to ease the pain in his chest. Lately, the thought of how powerful his power can be scared him to death. The fact that he managed to actually injure Hoseok really made him shiver, although according to Hoseok, he can only do that in Jimin's presence. But still, someone already got hurt and he never knew who could be next.

Jungkook just decided to shrug it off and quickly ran back towards his room. He promised Jimin he'll be helping him with History tonight, and since it was almost dark, he needed to clean himself first before visiting Jimin. So he got back to his room and took a quick shower. Lucky for him that Hoseok was out, or else he might have asked Jungkook as to why he went out the whole day on Sunday. 

He then gathered his books, went out of his room and knocked on the adjacent room's door. He was pretty sure only Jimin was inside the room  - since Hoseok was out and usually Taehyung is out too when Hoseok is - and that made him feel a little better. It's not that he didn't like Taehyung or anything, but the thing about Taehyung seeing them together in the future and the way Taehyung approached him was a little too strong for his liking. It's not that he didn't feel anything for the older, but really, he needed his own space as well. To see Taehyung as who he really is. To fall in love and date and hold hands and kiss and dance. He wanted to fall for Taehyung on his own and not because some freaking fate had told them too.

A few moments later, the door was opened and Taehyung's face popped out with a boxy grin.

"Hello, Kookie~ Come in!" Taehyung said as he took the younger on his wrist and dragged him in. "Why are you here?" He asked.

"Erm, Prince Taehyung. I was looking for Jimin. Do you know where he is?" Jungkook asked politely when Taehyung had released his arms. Taehyung signalled Jungkook to sit next to him on the bed, smiling brightly as he shook his head.

"I don't know for sure. But I think he just went out to get some food. Come on here, sit down~" Taehyung cooed as he patted the empty space next to him. Jungkook just looked at Taehyung before he sat down beside him. Taehyung quickly took Jungkook's hand in his, startling Jungkook. He quickly snapped his hand back, making Taehyung flinch at the sudden loss. Taehyung turned towards Jungkook and looked at him in confusion.

"I'm sorry, but we can't keep it like this." Jungkook blurted out, and the expression from Taehyung actually clenched his heart tight. Looking at the horrified expression of Taehyung's made him feel a little bit guilty, but he really wasn't comfortable with the touchy-feely behaviour of Taehyung. Besides, he was never touched by people except for Jimin before and to suddenly be touched by others this close made him feel extra uncomfortable.

"What do you mean? We are supposed to be a couple." Taehyung said softly, looking at Jungkook with wide eyes. Jungkook shook his head as he sighed.

"Look, my lord. I am not trying to cross the line or anything, but have you ever wondered what you know about me apart from my name? I mean, do you know what I like to eat, how my sweat smells after I exercise, how my voice sounds when I just woke up, or anything along the line?" Jungkook asked, his tone was serious and he felt himself cringing a little. Taehyung just looked at the younger with the same wide eyes he had, and he noticed that he couldn't answer any of Jungkook's questions. He just shook his head.

"But I saw you in my vision and -"

"That hasn't happened yet. Have you never wondered, my lord, if that was enough? Knowing that we will someday get married, is it enough for you to know I am the one?" Jungkook pressed, and Taehyung was on the verge of tears. He looked down, and Jungkook was suddenly filled with guilt.

"So the point is that you don't like me like I like you? Point taken." Taehyung said as he stood up. Jungkook panicked when he saw Taehyung leaving, so he took Taehyung's hand in his, preventing him from leaving.

"That is not what I mean-"

"Don't touch me." Taehyung hissed, his voice was dripping with poison that shredded Jungkook's heart to pieces.

"My Prince, please. I just want you to love me for myself, not because I am your fated soulmate or whatever. I want you to understand that." Jungkook pleaded softly. Taehyung turned to look at Jungkook briefly, before he looked at the door.

"Get your hands off me and get out of this room." Taehyung ordered. Jungkook flinched as he released the other's hands.

"I-"

"Get out. This is an order from a prince, so you better obey my words or I'll have my Celestial Being cut you into pieces and send your remnants to the hound in the dungeon. Get out this instant." Taehyung said harshly and slammed the door into Jungkook's face and this time Jungkook quickly ran away, back into his room as he felt his cheeks getting wet.

**********

Jimin smiled when he saw the cafe. He fastened his pace and went quickly into the cafe, relieved when he saw that there weren't many people queueing at the counter. He quickly went to the counter and proceed to look at the menu.

"Hello little kid. It's you again!" A deep voice called out, and Jimin looked up, only to see the curly haired male from before smiling brightly at him. He recognized the person immediately and smiled an even wider smile, clearly happy to see the other.

"Ahh~ Chanyeol hyung! Are you working here?" Jimin asked politely.

"Yep! I am the barista here~ So Jiminnie, what would you like to order, little brother?" Chanyeol asked, giving Jimin his best eyesmiles.

"Oh yes." Jimin exclaimed as he looked at the menu. "I want three Americano ice. Put it under my name, Jungkookie and TaeTae." Jimin said as he looked at the menu. "Oh, and please include a slice of Strawberry Marshmallow Cake and Chocolate Cheesecake. Thank you~" Jimin beamed cheerfully, earning a chuckle for Chanyeol.

"Okay little brother. Coming right away! Can you please sit down first?" Chanyeol said as he gestured to the nearest table. Jimin nodded before he turned around and sit on the respective chair, waiting patiently for the drinks to finish. He looked around and then pulled out his phone, trying to check his messages when he was greeted by the same deep voice again.

"Here is your coffee." He said and put three cups on the table, along with a box Jimin assumed was containing his cakes.

"Thank you. That was fast~" Jimin said, smiling as he took one of the cups that had his name dribbled on and sipped it. "Umph, it is really delicious!" He beamed excitedly. "You are very good." Jimin praised Chanyeol as the older sat down opposite of him. He noticed Chanyeol blushing a little before Chanyeol gave him a wide grin and ruffled his hair.

"Jimin, why were you looking for Yoongi that day?" Chanyeol asked, smiling as he looked straight into Jimin's eyes. Jimin looked at Chanyeol, before he looked down, a little bit embarrassed.

"Oh...Why do you ask, Chanyeol-shii?" Jimin asked shyly.

"Just call me hyung. You are like my little brother after all, Jiminnie~" Chanyeol replied with the same wide grin. Jimin nodded softly.

"Did Prince Suga tell you something?" Jimin asked back, trying to avoid the situation. Chanyeol just shook his head.

"He did talk about you though." Chanyeol said casually and Jimin's ears perked at the sudden reply.

"Really? What did he say?" Jimin looked at Chanyeol earnestly.

"Something about you making him feel warm inside, or something along the line." Chanyeol chuckled. He was about to continue when somebody called for him.

"Prince Chanyeol, Sire, you got a phone call from His Royal Highness." The waiter - Jimin assumed from the same uniform Chanyeol and him were wearing - said promptly before he went off again. Chanyeol smiled towards Jimin apologetically, while Jimin was shocked.

"Hyung, you are a Prince?" Jimin asked, his eyes wide in horror. Chanyeol chuckled and nodded as he got up from the chair.

"Yes I am. And that makes you a prince's little brother. You should be proud!" He said before he waved a short goodbye to the younger and went in. Jimin sighed as he looked at the cups and box on the table, still not believing how a boy like that could be a prince and how he was too stupid to remember that Park Chanyeol is one of the Crown Princes of the five Kingdoms.

**********

"Come on hyung! Tell me~" Hoseok nudged the big lump on the bed, beaming his cheerfully annoying smile. A short grumble came out from under the sheet, muffled and raspy.

"Go away, I want to sleep." Yoongi replied. Hoseok just chuckled as he pulled the blanket away from Yoongi.

"Nope. Not till I get what I want." Hoseok said firmly as he looked at the prince, still closing his eyes and lying on his side like a baby.

"Come on you big bug! Wake up! You've been sleeping all day and night!" Hoseok complained as he slapped Yoongi's .

" you. I'm a Prince, you cannot do this to me." Yoongi replied as he sat up, rubbing his eyes softly.

"I can and I will because I am your friend. Now tell me why did you do that to Jungkook?" Hoseok pressed, making Yoongi a little bit uncomfortable.

"Why does it matter?" Yoongi said as he looked Hoseok straight in the eyes.

"Because you wouldn't admit that you freaking like Park Jimin. That's why you did it to Jungkook right? To help Jimin while maintaining your reputation as the cool badass Prince, huh?" Hoseok said and Yoongi flinched a little.

" you and your Celestial Being ability. I am not your Prince, how could you know what I am thinking?" Yoongi retorted, a little bit embarrassed that he was found out.

"Well, if I remember correctly, ever since your Celestial Being's death, Namjoon and I had been the one to take care of you. For years. Of course we can read you by now. We are not that dumb." Hoseok said playfully as he smacked Yoongi's arms. Yoongi hissed a little, but did nothing nevertheless.

"How come you like that boy?" Hoseok asked. Yoongi looked towards the window and sighed.

"He reminds me of Shin. Before her death, she always said to me that one day, I will find a sun that will warm my cold heart. That sun will light my darkness, and it will soothe the burden that my power carries." Yoongi explained. "Remember when we were having lunch in the canteen? When I first saw him, my whole world went dark. My power was triggered. I don't know how or why, but he was the one who did it. And amazingly, although my power absorbed everything into darkness, but there he was, glowing on his own light, illuminating the darkness that surrounded him." Yoongi continued, smiling gently. Hoseok looked at Yoongi in shock.

"Wait, you are so whipped! I never thought a heartless Prince Suga can turned jelly for a boy!" Hoseok chuckled loudly as he patted Yoongi's shoulder. Yoongi looked at Hoseok in frustration.

"Oh shut up!" Yoongi said as he kicked Hoseok's leg a little.

"So, how come you are certain that you like him?" Hoseok asked in curiosity.

"Well, the way that he cares for his friends amazes me. Especially towards that little Jungkook boy he adores so much. Well, all I know is every time I see him, he actually warms my heart." Yoongi replied, smiling a little.

"Well then, my dear Prince, you need to lighten up a bit when you are with him. Don't keep up that cool image too much okay? Jimin won't like it." Hoseok said as he laughed, before he suddenly stopped and clutched his chest.

"Hoseok, what is it?" Yoongi asked worriedly.

"It's Taehyung. He was upset somehow. I wonder what made him feel like this. I need to go and check on him. Talk to you later." Hoseok said as he waved towards Yoongi and ran to Taehyung's room, only to see a crying Jungkook come rushing out of the room and the door being slammed. Hoseok sighed.


Hello~

Just a transitional update~
The lovey dovey stuff will start soon~