Figuring it out

Love Against War

Hoseok looked at the boy in front of him, nodded a little and smiled approvingly. The dragon in front of him seemed real enough to scare people out of their wits, but Hoseok knew it better. He smiled wider towards the other boy.

"Good job, Jungkook. Looks like you managed to get all parts of the dragon right. I got to give you credits for the physical features. They looked real enough for others to not know that it was an illusion." Hoseok commented, chuckling a little bit. Jungkook was panting heavily, but he was smiling victoriously, clearly proud of his achievement.

"Okay, one more time before we call it a day!" Mr. Yoseob, the teacher for the 'Power Adorning' class, said. They were currently in the 'Power Simulation Room', a place where all combat trials and practices were held. Only the three of them are in - Yoseob, Hoseok and Jungkook. Yoseob had insisted that Jungkook needed special training and asked Hoseok to help him to monitor Jungkook's achievement. Later it was revealed that Jungkook's power is beyond limitation as "Illusion is not limited by imagination nor reality (quoted from Mr. Yoseob himself when he found out about Jungkook's power)" which made Jungkook almost unique. With proper training, Jungkook may become the best Illusionist, thus, Yoseob quickly assigned Hoseok - his best student - to assist him in helping Jungkook to excel in using his power.

Jungkook got into the stance he usually used when he was about to unleash his power. Hoseok started counting and before long, a dragon puffed in the air and a roar echoed in the room. The dragon breathed out fire from it's mouth which went straight through Hoseok. Hoseok just nodded lightly as he stood, completely surrounded by the 'fire'. The visual was perfect, but he didn't feel any heat from the fire.

Suddenly, the door burst open and Jimin came running in, calling for Jungkook.

"Jungkookie! You promised we will eat- Woah! Charming!" Jimin squealed excitedly at the sight of the fire-breathing dragon. He skipped to Jungkook while eyeing the dragon in awe.

"Hyung! It's great, right? I made it my-" Jungkook stopped when he was thrown backwards by a strong force. His back collided with the wall and he could hear a few of his bones cracking before a searing pain jolted through his chest as he slumped on the floor. The dragon and the fire vanished immediately. Jungkook heard Jimin gasping in fear before he looked up and saw Jimin running towards him. Wincing in pain, he tried to find the source of energy that flung him backwards before he noticed a slumping Hoseok on the floor.

Hoseok was on his knees, grunting in pain as Mr. Yoseob rushed towards him. Hoseok looked towards Jungkook and Jungkook noticed something weird about Hoseok. Hoseok's skin was scalded right from his face down to his legs. Most of his clothes were caught on fire, and there was something peculiar - almost bone-like - jutting out from behind Hoseok's back. Hoseok screamed in agony as he tried to stand up with the aid of Mr. Yoseob, who was whispering something to Hoseok.

Jungkook felt suffocated by the pain in his chest and the guilt that grew in his stomach only made it worse. Jimin was crying beside him, trying to turn him so he could put his head on Jimin's lap. Jungkook was about to mutter a soft sorry towards Hoseok when Hoseok screamed out in pain and suddenly raw flesh started to envelop the bone-like structure projecting from his back. The sight was somehow a little gross - with the flesh and blood starting to form - but before he realized it Hoseok's skin sizzled and the burn marks all over his body started to heal. Hoseok was still writhing in pain in Mr. Yoseob's embrace when his last wound closed and white feathers started forming from the perfectly muscled flesh from his back earlier, forming wide, beautiful wings in soft fluffy white feathers.

Hoseok stopped screaming and rushed towards Jungkook. He knelt down beside Jungkook and put his hand on Jungkook's chest - palms spread out wide. Before long, the pain in Jungkook's chest subsided until Jungkook felt nothing anymore. By this time, Jimin had stopped crying, his mouth wide open, clearly amazed by Hoseok's doing. Jungkook quickly sat up straight and faced Hoseok.

"What happened? Did I burn you?" Jungkook said alarmingly. Hoseok chuckled a little.

"Yeah, you did. I never knew you were capable of such illusion. You made the fire real." Hoseok said as he looked at Jungkook. Jungkook frowned a little, then shook his head.

"I can never make the illusion real. Or at least, I never could before." Jungkook replied worriedly. Mr. Yoseob came towards Jungkook and knelt down as well, smiling as he looked at Jimin.

"Who are you, young boy, and what is your power?" Mr. Yoseob asked softly. Jimin looked at the teacher, blushing shyly as he just realized the existence of the teacher in the room all along.

"I'm sorry for intruding your class, Sir. I'm Park Jimin, Jungkook's friend." Jimin hastily explained.

"It's alright. Jungkook was supposed to finish an hour ago. I'm just giving him extra practice, that's all." Along with a smile, Mr. Yoseob looked at Jungkook.

"Both of you are just friends, eh, Jungkook? If I didn't know better, I would say that you are Jimin's celestial being. I see Jimin had a certain effect on your power." Yoseob explained. Jungkook, Jimin and Hoseok just stared at their teacher dumbfoundedly

"I don't get it, Sir. What do you mean I got a certain effect on him?" Jimin asked, this time a little too polite.

"Ah, you see, Celestial Beings are angel-like creatures that exist solely to protect a royal family. In other words, every Prince or Princess will have one Celestial Being guarding them until they die or the Celestial Being themself dies. Just like Hoseok here, he's guarding Prince Kim Taehyung." Mr. Yoseob gestured towards Hoseok and smiled a little. Jimin frowned and shook his head disapprovingly.

"But Sir, I am not a prince. And Jungkook is definitely not an angel." Jimin muttered, earning a nudge on his stomach from Jungkook.

"True that. But the bond that both of you have is quite similar to the Prince-Celestial Being bond." Mr. Yoseob added. "This bond will help to further enhance the ability of the user. For example, Prince Taehyung can see the future in his mind, but with Hoseok, he can project the vision out for other people to see. And from my reading, an Illusion can only be made real when this bond is strong enough to elevate the intensity of the power." He explained at great length.

"Does this mean I get to have wings like Hoseok?" Jungkook asked as he touched Hoseok's wings softly. Mr. Yoseob chuckled at the question.

"Unfortunately no, Jungkook. You might have the bond, but you are no Celestial Being and Jimin is not a Prince. Only a Celestial Being can have wings. The wings that they have will symbolize the oath that they took - which is to protect a certain royal individual; either the Prince or Princess - and that certain Prince or Princess accepted the oath. The wings are a symbol of honour and the purity of the sacrifice in the vows." Mr. Yoseob lectured.

"What is the difference between a Prince's power and a Celestial Being's power?" Jimin inquired, earning another chuckle from Yoseob.

"I believe you've been sleeping in History?" Mr. Yoseob asked teasingly and Jimin started to become red. "Anyway, a Prince usually has a much more defensive power and most of the power is Manipulation. For example, Prince Taehyung may manipulate time. Meanwhile Celestial Beings like Hoseok have a more active power, like telekinesis just now." Mr. Yoseob smiled and gave Hoseok a pat.

"You can heal as well as telekinesis?" Jimin looked at Hoseok, his mouth wide open. "You are a weapon!" Jimin exclaimed as he scooted a little towards Jungkook.

"And Jungkook here has burned me half dead, and trust me, self-healing isn't always pretty." Hoseok retorted, smirking a little at Jungkook. "Anyway, shall we end the lesson here, Mr. Yoseob?" Hoseok looked at Mr. Yoseob who nodded.

"Very well. Off you go then." Yoseob said as he got up, puffed into a bird and flew out the room.

"Wow! He's a shape-shifter!" Jimin beamed excitedly. Hoseok chuckled before he helped Jungkook stand.

"Let's go. I assume that Taehyung is already waiting for us at the cafe by now." Hoseok said cheerfully and patted Jungkook's head. "You've got a pretty cool power, kid."

***********

"So, basically Celestial Beings are Guardian Angels and complement a Royal?" Jungkook asked, looking at Taehyung. Taehyung nodded and took a quick bite of the cake he bought.

"Have you seen Hoseok's wings? So fluffy and wide~ Do you know that the wider the wings are the stronger the bond that he has is. That makes him into a S-Rank Celestial Being." Taehyung pointed out.

"Wait, wait. Why is it so complicated? What is S-Rank?" Jimin asked.

"Welcome to the Royal world, ladies and gentlemen! It is very complicated here, so brace yourself! Anyway, S stands for super, followed by A, B, C, and D." Taehyung remarked. "Lucky for you that you don't have to sit in the 'Royal Ethics' class. It is super boring!" Taehyung sighed as he stole a glance at Jungkook. Jungkook just gave a small smile to Taehyung and Taehyung responded with a smile of his as well.

Jimin just sighed contentedly as he stuffed his mouth with some salad. He munched it quickly and choked on it a little, earning chuckles from Hoseok.

"Be careful, Babe." Hoseok said as he handed Jimin a glass of water. Jimin took it gratefully and drank the water quickly. It was then that he felt a chill coming from behind him and he looked around. His eyes then met with a pair of familiar eyes and Jimin gave a quick wave to the owner.

"Little Jimin is befriending Prince Yoongi, eh?" Hoseok looked at Jimin curiously. "Be careful with him, Jimin. He's not one to be trusted. Dark wizard from Herzrof he is." Hoseok warned, giving a sharp glare towards Yoongi. Jimin looked at Hoseok and nodded a little.

"Okay," Jimin replied shortly.


Alright~ Hope this chapter isn't as confusing.
Basically it tells us about Kook's power and the bond of Prince-Celestial Beings, as well as a little intro about Celestial Beings.
Anyway, just in case you forgot who has what power and came from what kingdom, you can refer it to the details in the Foreword section :)

Thanks for reading anyway!!! Love you~