First Day

Love Against War

Jimin gave Jungkook a nod before they slowly stepped into the office. The office was big, enough to fit 3 dining tables inside. However, the room seemed empty save for a nice wooden rectangular table in the middle of the room, three black leather chairs around the table and also a high shelf full with trophies. Jimin looked at Jungkook and Jungkook shrugged. The receptionist informed them that they were supposed to meet with the principal now, but alas, he was not in the room. They looked at each other, reading each other's mind through their eye contact before they turned around and started to head out of the office when suddenly a black cloud appeared before them. Jimin squealed a little when he fell on his buttocks. Standing before them was a man, around the age of 30. He was wearing a checkered black and white magician hat, suited with a small checkered black and white vest tail coat, with white slack pants and black leather shoes.

"Oho, did I scare you?" He asked softly. Jimin nodded, while Jungkook shook his head. He just looked at both of the boys, before he gave a crooked smile to Jimin and offered his hand to him. Jimin hesitated briefly before finally taking it. The man pulled Jimin up with ease and let him stand on his own feet. Again, he flashed his smile to the two boys before he walked to a chair and sat down, gesturing for the boys to do the same. They immediately complied and sat down stiffly.

"Don't be scared. I'm your Principal. You can call me Principal Jo In-sung." He said softly, before he took a file that was lying on the table and opened it. He took his time reading it, before finally putting the file down to smile at them.

"Hurm, the Emperor Scholarships, huh? It's been a while since the last time we received a student under this scholarship and now we received two. What a surprise!" He remarked as he leaned comfortably on his chair. "Now, which one of you is Jungkook and which one Jimin?" He asked. Jungkook raised his hand politely.

"I am Jeon Jungkook. And this is my friend, Park Jimin. We are both from the Busan orphanage." Jungkook said, before smiling hesitantly. The Principal nodded twice before he looked at Jimin sharply.

"So, Light Manipulation, huh? Your "Gift" made quite an uproar between the teachers around and certainly gave me a lot of headaches." He said, chuckling a little.

"Is...Is that a bad thing?" Jimin asked, his voice came out shaky.

"Well, not to worry my dear. I have gotten everything under control, as long as you can assure me that you will never get into trouble. Not even once." The Principal said, his eyes narrowing at the word once. Jimin got a chill down his spine and just nodded at the principal. The Principal smiled again before he slowly clapped his hand.

"Alright. I believe we'll see each other again soon boys. Please help yourself with the treats outside before going to your first class, okay? Goodbye." He said before a black cloud engulfed him, leaving nothing but an empty chair before both of the boys. Jungkook watched with his mouth open before Jimin tugged on his sleeve and gestured for them to leave.

***********

Jimin sat down beside Jungkook before he turned towards the front. He looked at all the other people. Almost no one paid any attention to the teacher in front of them which Jimin thought was very weird. He looked at Jungkook, who seemed to be absorbed in his own world again. Jimin had to admit that he sometimes was worried seeing Jungkook spacing out so often. Jimin sighed before he focused on the teacher again, only for a minute because the next moment he knew, the bell rang.

Jimin was about to get up when he was approached by a handsome boy.

"Hye. I'm Prince Kim Seokjin. You can call me Jin. I think you both are new, right?" Jin asked, giving both of them a sweet smile. Jimin nodded, and Jungkook quickly stood up when he realized someone was talking to him.

"Ah, Hello. I am Jeon Jungkook and this is Park Jimin. We just enrolled here." Jungkook introduced, before giving a small bow to Jin.

"Ah, alright. Now now, as the Head Boy here, I should give you the privilege for a tour around the school. We can get to know each other as well. Hopefully it will help you guys adapt here." Jin said warmly and winked at Jimin, making him blush shyly.

"Let's go then. For a start, I should tell you about the hierarchy we have here in Big Hit Royal High School. In this school, we have 2 distinct groups. One is the Gifted - the ones that have supernatural powers such as you and me - and another one is the Ordinary, we call them Ord - those without any powers. For the Gifted there are Royals, Celestial Beings and also Scholars. For the Ord there are Royals, Guardians, and Goldens." Jin explained as they walked out of the classroom and through the hallway. Jimin shuffled closer to Jungkook when he realized all of the other students were giving both of them dagger-sharp looks. Jimin cleared his throat a little, gaining Jin's attention.

"Erm, why are they staring at us like that?" Jimin asked hesitatingly. Jin just smiled softly.

"Well, I think it's because they've never seen a scholar before?" Jin said casually. "You have to remember that most of us here are Royals, so it feels weird to share schools with a non-royal person. But nonetheless, it's okay. I still think coming here with your own effort is pretty awesome." Jin continued, winking at them.

"Jin hyung, why is there such a ranking?" Jungkook asked to which Jin just smiled softly.

" For us Gifted, Royals are the Princes and Princesses, which make up the majority of the students here. They have the highest ranking and given the specialty of royal privilege according to the strength of kingdom they rule. The Royals will learn ethics as well as learning to control their abilities. Celestial Beings are the Royals guardian. They are angel-like creatures with a certain ability and usually their family has sworn loyalty to the Royal family. They will guard the Royals with their life, hence, they will mostly learn the combat skills and the way to control their ability as well. As for you two, you are going to learn the basics only, which means that you will only learn how to control your gifts, no more, no less." Jin said, smiling softly. "Same goes for the Ord, minus the 'Gift' part of course." Jin explained. Jungkook just nodded, although he didn't really catch all the things that Jin just explained to them.

Jin brought them around the school facility, and lastly, they went to the cafe together. Jin promised them that he would get them the best drinks in the cafe, before he rushed off to the counter, leaving Jungkook and Jimin alone. Jungkook dragged Jimin to one of the tables near the door and sat down, asking Jimin to do the same. Jimin smiled softly as he scanned the room, noticing a few people eating. He looked around before he saw someone in particular. He kept on staring at the other, his soft smile slowly faltering. Looking blankly at the other it didn't take long until that person looked his way and their eyes met.

Jimin felt a strange sensation going down his spine, making him shiver for a moment. He tried to look away but he couldn't move his body. It was as if his body was paralyzed and the whole world around him darkened. It took him a while before he suddenly felt a soft grasp on his shoulder and he looked around, cutting off the staring contest that he had with the stranger.

"What the heck, hyung? Why did you do that?" Jungkook asked, shaking him a little. Jimin blinked in confusion.

"Do what?" Jimin asked.

"Using your power? Everything became dark just now, except you. You were illuminating a soft white glow from your body." Jungkook said while shaking his head, clearly showing his disapproval of Jimin using his power.

"I didn't realize." Jimin said as he pouted a little. Jin smiled as he came along with a tray, carrying three drinks.

"That was intense. So you finally had your first power battle huh?" Jin asked, smiling as he put the tray down. "Your ability is light, I assume?" Jin asked, and Jimin nodded lightly.

"What do you mean by 'power battle'?" Jimin asked sheepishly.

"Oh, that. Erm, you noticed that the surroundings became dark just now, right?" Jin asked, and both of them nodded.

"I thought that was Jimin doing it." Jungkook cut off. Jin shook his head softly.

"Jimin lit the light from his body, yes, but the one who made it dark is over there." Jin pointed to a guy sitting in the middle of the room. The guy Jimin was staring at before. And that same guy was still continuing to stare at Jimin. "He is Prince Suga. He has the ability to manipulate Darkness. So he is the opposite of your power, Jimin." Jin said, making Jimin's eyes widen in shock.


Finally, the first chapter is finished.

Pretty confusing? Yes, no??