Day 7

Super Christmas

 

“Wookie.”

 

“What, hyung?”

 

“What is that terrible noise?”

 

Heechul was rewarded with an adorable pout from their eternal maknae as he stepped into the kitchen. Ryeowook was currently making dinner, and Heechul had just arrived back home from a particularly annoying recording when he heard some rather… Odd noises from the kitchen. He knew Ryeowook was the only one at home by now, so he immediately figured the younger would be the source of the sounds. Determined to find out what the racket that was making his day worse was, he had peeked in to see Ryeowook almost dancing to the ‘music’ as he tried to season whatever he was making at the same time. Heechul was not impressed.

 

“It’s Christmas songs, hyung,” Ryeowook replied simply, blinking at the older as if he had insulted his food or something.

 

“I can hear that,” Heechul rolled his eyes. “I just wondered why on earth you were listening to it; doesn’t sound particularly good.”

 

“Well, they’re not the best of songs,” Ryeowook agreed quietly. “But it’s more about the mood, right? I’m just looking forward to Christmas, that’s all, and the songs help a lot!”

 

“But seriously, what’s with this guy’s voice?” Heechul frowned slightly as he sat down at the table. Not on the chair next to it, mind you. He sat on the table itself, because that is what Heechul does. “Sounds like he’s choking on something furry.”

 

“You shouldn’t make fun of other people’s singing, hyung,” Ryeowook reprimanded shyly.

 

“I’m a professional music artist; I can as much as I want about other people’s voices.”

 

“First of all, the man is also a famous singer. But really, that’s a bad attitude for an idol, hyung.”

 

“Good thing I’m not just your regular idol, then,” Heechul shrugged, smirking slightly. “And that’s why everybody loves Heenim.”

 

“Come on, hyung,” Ryeowook tried again, though a small smile tugged on his lips. “Can’t even the great Heechul-hyung accept Christmas songs as one of the charm points of this time of the year?”

 

“Not if it sounds like ,” Heechul concluded easily. “Put on ‘White Christmas’ instead, Wookie, I miss the sound of my own voice.”

 

“After School’s ‘Love Love Love’ is coming up after this one, actually. How about that?”

 

“My voice is not in it; ergo it does not solve anything.”

 

“Don’t be so difficult, hyung.”

 

“Fine, I’ll listen to it, but only because you’re such a ridiculously cute kid. And if you put on ‘White Christmas’ afterwards. ”

 

“Allright, allright,” Ryewook suppressed a laugh. His Heechul-hyung was really special.

 

Much to his surprise, Heechul actually stayed in the kitchen throughout the rest of the song, and did not move when ‘Love Love Love’ came on. Ryeowook eventually decided it had to be because of the girls of After School. Though as he looked up from the frying pan, he was somewhat surprised to see his hyung bobbing his head along with the music slightly, a faraway but pleased look on his face. A small part of him wanted to make a remark at this, but he did not really feel like interrupting the unusual sight.

 

Carefully minding the food as well, he continued to sneak glances at Heechul from the corner of his eye. He was not sure what had come over his hyung, but he had to admit, he quite liked to see the usually so obnoxious diva enjoying the Christmas mood – at least, that was what Ryeowook assumed he was doing – like a normal person. It only increased the effect of the songs, Ryeowook thought, that even Heechul was smiling warmly and seemingly content with the approaching holiday.

 

Eventually, the song came to a halt. Not that it mattered; their own song burst to life from the stereo only a few seconds afterwards. Again, Ryeowook was surprised at his hyung’s reaction; he had expected a snarky and confident remark about their songs being so awesome compared to every other song out there (though most likely with a more vulgar wording), but instead, his face only lit up more, and Ryeowook could hear Heechul singing along as he supported his head on his fist. His eyes held none of the usual mischief or arrogance, and he actually smiled; Heechul did not smirk or grin like usually, he actually smiled warmly, although he seemed to have forgotten Ryeowook’s presence. It was a positively shocking sight.

 

Ryeowook quite enjoyed the Christmas music himself, but seeing his hyung’s state was even better. For some sort of reason, it made him endlessly happy that Heechul appeared to be enjoying the mood so much. Maybe because he felt like he had succeeded at something, or because he was happy on Heechul’s behalf. Whatever the reason was, he felt a warm feeling spread through his chest at the situation.

 

Way too soon, Ryeowook heard ‘White Christmas’ fade out again. He cringed slightly; he knew which song came next. And it would surely break the spell Heechul was currently under.

 

“Yah! Not this man again!”

 

Ryeowook sighed. It was enjoyable while it lasted. “I like him, he is Christmas tradition just like the decorations and gifts and – “

 

“Wookie, I love you, but your taste in music is horrible.”

 

“But hyung, it’s not regular music, it’s – “

 

“Christmas music, I know. It still doesn’t have to , though.”

 

“That’s just your opinion…”

 

“Aish, I’m not in the mood to listen to grunting, old men right now,” Heechul ignored him and rose, heading for the living room. Ryeowook pouted again; it was almost a pity how bipolar Heechul could be, but he supposed it was a Heechul-thing.

 

“Too bad, hyung,” he shrugged, waving slightly after the older as he walked out of sight. “I’ll just enjoy the music by myself, then!”

 

Little did he know, Heechul had only gone three steps before sitting down next to the door, hidden from Ryeowook’s view, but still close enough to hear every note. Leaning against the wall, he let the smile return to his face as he closed his eyes peacefully and listened.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Quite short and meaningless, I know, but my final exam this week is tomorrow, and I really have to practice. Dx So just bear with me for today. 

By the way, it started snowing today, which means I've finally gotten into the Christmas mood myself  - which, in turn, means that the story will be more Christmas-sy from now on. Huzzah! :D Also, I'll try to make the next chapter even more of a worthy update.

... I just needed some Heechul and Ryeowook loving. xD Because they're too adorable.

And yes, I still LOVE YOU GUYS A WHOLE LOT. O.o So many subscribers, so many comments! :') I love you guys for it, I really do - I promise to get back to you tomorrow, when my exam's done! <3