Day 3

Super Christmas

 

“Kibum?”

 

“What is it, Hankyung-hyung?”

 

“Are you busy?”

 

“Not particularly… Why?”

 

Hankyung shrugged, seating himself next to Kibum at the kitchen table. “I just need some help, that’s all.” Kibum looked puzzled.

 

“Help?” he asked, attention peaked. Rarely did the older come to him for help regarding anything, save perhaps the Korean language. “What sort of help?”

 

“You see…” Kibum was surprised by the uneasiness Hankyung displayed so openly; usually, it took a lot to shake the handsome Chinese. “It’s already December, and after Leeteuk-hyung got home, he started… Uhm, he… “ A slight pause as he tried to find the right words. “Well, he’s been talking a lot about Christmas, at least. And that reminded me, I have to get Heechul a present. But I don’t know what?”

 

Kibum smiled. “Is that all?”

 

“Don’t say it like that, please,” Hankyung rolled his eyes. “It’s not all that easy, pleasing Heechul all the time. You know how he is.” A small laugh from Kibum confirmed that yes, he knew. “And I’ve just… I can’t come up with anything, really.”

 

“Don’t worry, hyung,” Kibum replied easily. “Everyone struggles with presents. It’s not often we know immediately what to give to someone else, after all. Unless it’s Shindong-hyung, he’ll be satisfied with any kind of good food. But yeah, that’s just Shindong-hyung for you. Everyone else are harder.”

 

“I know.” Hankyung put a hand to his chin. “But it’s for Heechul, so I want it to be special. Really special. And you know he’s so picky…”

 

“I’m surprised I have to tell you this, hyung,” Kibum said frankly, frowning a bit. “But you’re the one who knows Heechul-hyung the best, right? And even though he’s a difficult and demanding bastard sometimes, don’t you think he will appreciate your gift, if only he knows that you’ve taken time and effort to get it, just for him?” Hankyung pondered the thought for a second, but then he smiled.

 

“Yeah, he enjoys poetic things like that,” he admitted. “It still doesn’t give me any ideas, though.”

 

“How about you make something yourself?” Kibum suggested. “You know, handmade. I’m sure he’ll dance of joy.”

 

“And what could I make by hand that he’ll actually have some use of?” Hankyung laughed. “Even if I spend hours and hours making his gift, it should be something… Sensicle?”

 

“Sensible,” Kibum automatically corrected him. “But yeah, I agree with you there.  Though I can’t really help you anymore. I don’t know, be creative or something?” Hankyung snorted.

 

“My creativity is limited unless we’re talking music.”

 

“As I said, I can’t help you,” Kibum chuckled. “Mine’s not much better. “

 

“What’re you talking about, hyungs?” Ryeowook’s cheerful voice entered the kitchen. Hankyung looked over at the newcomer. As always, the eternal maknae was wearing a smile, although his eyes shone with curiousity.

 

“Hankyung’s being angsty about Heechul-hyung’s Christmas presents,” Kibum replied easily, smiling sweetly. “And we’ve reached the point where none of us have anything to contribute to the discussion.”

 

“Oh.” Was all Ryeowook said as he settled down at the opposite side of the table. “I can’t imagine Heechul-hyung is an easy person to shop for.”

 

“He’s not,” Hankyung assured him, sighing a little. “So at least, Kibum told me I should make something. By myself. But I don’t know what yet…”

 

“How exciting!” Ryeowook exclaimed, ignoring the obvious dilemma as if it was nothing.  “I think you should make something that has a special meaning to the two of you! Like, couple jewelry or a photobook or something, maybe even a video!”

 

“As expected of Wookie!” Hankyung smiled eagerly, liking the ideas the younger came up with. And he was sure Heechul would like them as well…

 

“Actually, it’s more like a birthday or anniversary thing, maybe not so much Christmas…” Kibum mumbled, but was ignored by the other two. But it was not really his problem; as long as Hankyung made Heechul happy, he supposed it would be more than enough.

 

“… So you better start collecting old trinkets and photos if you want to get done by Christmas…” Ryeowook kept going, spurting out whatever new ideas he could come up with for Hankyung’s gift.

 

“Thanks, Ryeowook, but I think you’ve given me enough ideas,” the Chinese smiled earnestly to the youngest. Ryeowook nodded back, grinning wildly.

 

“I’m glad to help, hyung!”

 

“What about you, then? Have you started planning your gifts yet?”

 

“Oh yes! I’ve already finished wrapping some of them, even!”

 

“Seriously?” Kibum laughed. “This early? You’re making the rest of us feel bad. “

 

“That would be only you,” Hankyung grinned. “I’ve already started, after all!”

 

“That’s only for Heechul-hyung, and you made up your mind like what, five minutes ago?” Kibum snorted. “I don’t feel bad for lagging behind you. Wookie, on the other hand…”

 

“Don’t worry, hyung,” Ryeowook smiled casually. “I’m sure you’ll get done. There’s still more than three weeks, after all! Plenty of time! And besides, even if you screw up and forget about it all until the last three days, you know Eunhyuk-hyung will be in a similar situation! After all, it’s the same every year for him.  So you can surely tag along with him, although I suppose it will be more stressful that way…”

 

“I’m sure it will be fine, Wookie,” Kibum assured him. “I won’t be as bad as Eunhyuk-hyung, never!”

 

“You should respect your elders!” They heard Eunhyuk cry out from the hall. Kibum rolled his eyes. Not that Eunhyuk could see it, but it still made him feel better.

 

“Yah! Hyung!” he called. “Either join the conversation, or stop eavesdropping! You’re setting a bad example for your dongsaengs!”

 

“Good thing Hankyung-hyung is there to be a perfect role model, then!”

 

“YAH! GET OUT!”

 

“RESPECT ME!”

 

“COME IN HERE AND GIVE ME SOMETHING TO RESPECT THEN!”

 

“I CAN’T HEAR YOU!”

 

“GOOD, IT MEANS YOU’RE LEAVING!”

 

“Hyukkie, stop yelling at Kibummie!”

 

“Teukie-hyung, he started!”

 

“No, I bet he didn’t! Kibum is an obedient dongsaeng, unlike some others – “

 

“I’m plenty obedient!”

 

“YOU ARE NOT, NOW GET YOUR OUT THE DOOR, WE’RE ALREADY LATE FOR SUKIRA!”

 

“It’s not my fault!”

 

“Yes it is! Out!”

 

“Thanks, Leeteuk-hyung!” Kibum called out with a grin after them. Hankyung just sighed, and Ryeowook had to put a hand to his mouth to muffle his laugh. Kibum looked at them sheepishly.

 

“So, what was that about gifts?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A bit of a filler chapter, more or less, I just wanted to include some more members. Siwon was supposed to be the one having this conversation with Hankyung, but I've got something else planned for the two of them later, so I prefer including other characters atm. D: Also, this chapter was meant to put some space between my two first EunHae chapters (meaning that yes, next chapter will be EunHae. xD)...

It's a bit shorter than the previous two, which you'll just have to get used to, because... Well, I don't really have the time to write any longer, at the moment. Though most of them will have a bit more plot than this one, not everything will be slash; I'm quite fond of friendship as well. x3 And random Eunhyuks, I love them too.

BTW, I did not mean to include Hankyung's Chinese/Korean difficulties as "much" as I did (a complete number of two times.) I just wanted to have a sort of reminder that he sometimes struggles (or at least, used to) with the language, which I find adorable. It also shows how hardworking he is, which is just awesome. So yeah.

Anyways, keep coming with requests, suggestions and comments! ^^ It will make it much easier for me to actually complete this thing, as I don't have the inspiration or creativity to write 20 one-shots right now. But thanks to everyone who did comment, and those who subscribed! I love you guys! <3