o13

Han River at Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

After the students had their dinner, all of them were been told not to go out but to be in their bedroom. As for Il Hwa, she was really bored being in the room. As for her roommate, they had slept already but Il Hwa doesn’t feel sleepy or tired. So, she decided to call Jinyoung to come out and take a stroll together. Unfortunately, Jinyoung didn’t pick up his call. *maybe he’s asleep* thought Il Hwa. She had thought of calling Hanbin but then, if he’s asleep, Il Hwa doesn’t want to disturb him. so, she decided to take a stroll alone.

Meanwhile, Hanbin was sitting on a bench near the pool at the hotel. He was looking photos of Il Hwa that he took during the hiking when they’ve reached the Peak of Halla Mountain. He took lots of pretty, beautiful candid photos at her as he keeps on smiling looking at it. *she looks beautiful in every photos* thought Hanbin.

While he was too busy looking at her photos, he had heard something moving from the bushes at the corner of the pool. *what is that?* thought Hanbin. When he saw nothing, he continues to play his phone. Suddenly, a familiar voice greeted him. “Hanbin~” Hanbin looked up and saw Il Hwa was walking towards her while smiling and he hurriedly wear his mask.

Il Hwa noticed that he wore the mask when he’s with her and felt sad by it. “Hi Il Hwa~” greeted Hanbin as Il Hwa sat next to him on the bench. “I thought you’re asleep~” said Il Hwa “neh.. I wasn’t~” said Hanbin “aren’t you tired?” asked Hanbin while looking at her. Il Hwa sigh while looking at the pool “I want to, but I couldn’t~” said Il Hwa softly. By her looks, Hanbin knew that she was thinking something.

“What’s wrong?” asked Hanbin and Il Hwa shook her head while smiling. “Nothing…” answered Il Hwa. “Come on… talk to me… pretend this is Han River, and we talk about out problems and our lives like usual~” said Hanbin and caressed her cheeks. He doesn’t know why but he felt it was the right time to do that in order to comfort her. But somehow, to Il Hwa, that gesture was normal for her. “I was thinking about my grandfather~” said Il Hwa “is he getting better or worse?” asked Hanbin.

“I don’t know… he told me he’s getting better…. But I don’t think so…” said Il Hwa “recently, I keep on seeing him going to the toilet many times… and he cough a lot too… and it’s not just a cough…. Whenever he coughs, he cough with blood came out from his mouth…” said Il Hwa. “Did you take him to the doctor?” asked Hanbin in concern. “I did… a few months ago with Jinyoung… grandpa told me that he’s fine~” answered Il Hwa.

“but then, a few days ago I made a research on Google on why he keeps on woke up late night…” said Il Hwa “then what did you found?” asked Hanbin while looking at Il Hwa. She was silent for a while looking at the pool. From the side, Hanbin knew that she was forming a pool of tears in her eyes. “it was a kidney disease~” said Il Hwa and starts to dropped her tears. As soon as she dropped her tears, Hanbin straight away hugged her tightly and caressed her hair softly. “Some even wrote that he may get kidney cancer~” sobbed Il Hwa.

“shh… it’s okay… im sure he will be fine if you confirm it with the doctor~” said Hanbin. “stop crying Il Hwa…” said Hanbin and Il Hwa broke the hug “How can I?” asked Il Hwa with a tears streaming down her face. “Mom and dad left me, and grandpa will leave me too? I don’t want! Because he’s the only family have!” said Il Hwa while crying. “Well I don’t think your grandpa won’t do that…” said Hanbin and wiped her tears using his thumb. “And how are you so sure?” asked Il Hwa. Hanbin let out his sigh and hugged her again “because he loves his granddaughter so much~” said Hanbin softly. And this time, Il Hwa cried harder than the last time she did.

Without both of them knows, there was someone hiding behind the bushes that Hanbin saw just now were taking photos of them hugging together.

 

 

-------------

 

 

On the next day, as what their teachers had said, they’re going to Haeundae beach to have fun after tired of hiking. Both Hanbin and Jinyoung were waiting for Il Hwa at the lobby together. “Yah, you can go first… I’ll bring Il Hwa to the bus later~” said Jinyoung and crossed his arms. “No thanks.” Said Hanbin and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter