o10

Han River at Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Finally, weekend is here and Il Hwa was having her breakfast with her grandfather as usual. While her grandfather was reading the newspaper, Il Hwa just remembered that he will go for a shopping with Jinyoung today for their trip to Jeju Island. “Oh, grandpa~” called Il Hwa as she ate her veggie sandwiches. “Yes dear?” said her grandfather and take a sip of his hot coffee. “I forgot to tell you that I’ll be going to Jeju Island for my school trip!” said Il Hwa “really? Wow that was fun~” said her grandfather while smiling.

“And, I’ll be going out with Jinyoung today to buy things for the hiking and also my swimsuits~” said Il hwa “Hiking? Swimsuits?” asked her grandfather feeling surprised to know that his granddaughter will go for a hiking. “Yup! At Halla Mountain and Haeundae beach on the next day~” answered Il Hwa happily. “We’ll be going on our summer vacation for 3 days and 2 nights…. So I can go, right?” asked Il Hwa. Her grandfather can only smiles seeing her granddaughter behaviour.  

“aww grandpa~” whined Il hwa and went near him. “Answer me~” plead Il Hwa. Her grandfather chuckled “of course you can go sweetie~ you should have fun being and 18 years old girl with her friends~” said her grandfather and pinched her cheeks lightly. “ASSA! Thank you!” shouted Il Hwa and hugged her grandfather tightly. “So, do you need any money?” asked her grandfather and Il Hwa shook her head.

“It’s okay; I have my own savings…. It’s from my salary a few months ago~” smiled Il Hwa and her grandfather was proud to know that Il Hwa has been saving a lot lately.”I have to go to a bathroom first~” said her grandfather and went to the bathroom. “O-okay~” said Il Hwa.

She found it weird because lately, she noticed that her grandfather has been going to a bathroom back and forth especially on a midnight. She grew worried that maybe her grandfather is probably sick again with other diseases apart from the terrible dry cough he had. As soon as her grandfather came out from the bathroom, Il Hwa went to the sink to wash the dishes and her grandfather take a sit on the dining table continuing reading the newspaper.

“Grandpa, are you alright?” asked Il Hwa “is your cough getting better?” added Il Hwa. “Yeah… it’s getting better I guess…” answered her grandfather. But somehow Il Hwa felt that it was not true. In fact, her grandfather kept on buying new medicines without her knowing. “Grandpa, I keep seeing you going to the toilet in the middle of the night-“before Il Hwa could continue her lines, her grandfather cut her words. “It’s because I drank a lot of water lately….” Said her grandfather.

After Il Hwa’s done with the dishes, she hugged her grandfather from behind. “Grandpa, if you’re sick or have any problems, does tell me please…. I don’t want you to bare it alone…” said Il Hwa softly. “Alright sweetheart… I promise~” said her grandfather. “Now hurry up and go change your clothes~ Jinyoung might be waiting for you~” said her grandfather.

 

 

When noon came, Jinyoung had arrived and waited for Il Hwa at the living room with her grandfather. “Il Hwa, Jinyoung is here~” yelled her grandfather. Il Hwa who was in her room was putting on her lip gloss and combing her hair. “im done!” shouted Il Hwa and grabbed her purse and went downstairs. As soon as she reaches downstairs, Jinyoung was stunned by how she looks.

 

 

 

 

*beautiful* thought Jinyoung while smiling. “Let’s go~” said Il Hwa and went to the front door. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter