o11

Han River at Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“ahjumma!” Shouted Il Hwa and the ahjumma came out from the kitchen. “I’ll be going home first~” said Il Hwa and hugged her. “Alright…. Thank you for your hard work and have fun tomorrow on your school trip okay?” said the ahjumma and Il Hwa nodded. “Here,” said the ahjumma and gave Il Hwa an amount of money for her. “a-ahjumma, what’s this for?” asked Il Hwa “I gave you some pocket money for the trip~” smiled the ahjumma “B-but-“before Il Hwa could says anything, she cut her words “just take it and buy things that you want alright? Spend the money and don’t keep it~” said the ahjumma.

Il Hwa was too overwhelmed by it and almost shed her tears. Even though she had no parents, but ahjumma was really like her own mother who scolds her what’s right or wrong, good or bad, and gave her pocket money. “ahjumma~” said Il Hwa and hugged her. “thank you so much~” said Il Hwa and drop a tears. After they broke the hug, the ahjumma saw her tears.

“aigoo, why cried?” asked the ahjumma and wiped her tears. *because you’re like my own mom* thought Il Hwa “now go… and promise me to have fun tomorrow alright?” said the ahjumma and Il Hwa nodded. “arrasseo… I’ll be going first~” bowed Il Hwa “thank you!” shouted Il Hwa as she walked away leaving the restaurant.  

 

 

“wahhh” said Il Hwa and lied down on the grass where she usually sit at the Han River. *can’t wait for tomorrow!* shouted Il Hwa in her own thoughts. Then, she sat up and starts to look around. *Hanbin is not here again* pouted Il Hwa sadly. It’s been a few weeks she’s here alone without Hanbin sitting next to her. The last time she went here with Hanbin is on the day she gave her the mask. Even at school, he rarely talk to her and went after school ended, he just bid her a goodbye and walked away without looking at her. *is he having a problem lately?* Il Hwa let out her deep sigh.

“What’s with the deep sigh?” asked a familiar voice behind Il Hwa’s back. When she turned around, Il Hwa grinned “Hanbin~” called Il Hwa and he sat next to her. No one could describe how happy she was that time. “Stop staring me like that~” said Hanbin and Il Hwa giggled. Then, she noticed that Hanbin was wearing a mask like he used to before. But this time, he wears the mask that she gave him. “You’re wearing mask again…” said Il Hwa “why?” added Il Hwa curiously.

Hanbin was silent for a while because he did not want Il Hwa to know about the paparazzi was chasing both of them taking pictures and Yang Hyun Suk told him to be careful not to be caught again. Il Hwa who noticed the silence went near him “what’s wrong?” asked Il Hwa. “nothing… it just that I feel like wearing it again~” answered Hanbin and smiled behind the mask. Unfortunately, Il Hwa couldn’t see his smiles.

“oh-alright~” said Il Hwa and her voice sound very disappointed. “I just wanted to know what’s wrong with you nowadays… you did not talk much with me and we rarely met here….” said Il Hwa “Hanbin, if you have any problems do tell me please… perhaps I could help you…” continued Il Hwa and now Hanbin felt really guilty. But suddenly, Hanbin remembered those days where Il Hwa always cried whenever she came here. “then could you tell me why you’re always crying when you’re here before?” asked Hanbin “because the last time I asked, you didn’t answer my question~” said Hanbin.

After Il Hwa heard the question, she began to turn to her front looking at her river. At the thought of it, whenever she came here, she was crying about how much she missed her parents. “The last time I came here always crying is because of my parents~” said Il Hwa “why? They’re always arguing?” asked Hanbin. Il Hwa shook her head smiling bitterly. “Because im an orphan Hanbin…. my parents died in a tragic accident when I was 12” said Il Hwa and not Hanbin feels really bad ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter