Diary of a Body Guard

EXO High Shorts

Dear Diary,

          Today marks five years working for Kris’s family. The time has really flown past and it’s been great. I really like Kris, he’s a really attractive guy but unfortunately I think he only sees me as his bodyguard. For someone as attractive as Kris I’m really surprised he hasn’t dated more people than he has. The only time I can think of when he dated someone was a year after we met but he broke up with her after a few weeks…I mean I didn’t like her so I was happy to find out I wouldn’t be seeing her anymore around Kris’s house.

          ~Tao

 

Dear Tao,

          Please stop writing things in Chinese on my newspaper club notepad, I need these pages, I can also speak/read Chinese so if you want to vent to someone secretly about your crush on Kris please find someone who doesn’t speak Chinese (Don’t forget that Kris speaks Chinese be careful around Suho). I, personally, don’t think you’d have any issues if you asked him out though…just my input here. You two would make a cute couple!

          ~Chen

P.S. Your secret is safe with me.

 

Dear Chen,

          Sorry for writing on your notebook, but I think that Kris likes someone else. He’s been really secretive around me lately and when I asked him if he liked someone he just avoided the question completely.

          ~Tao

 

Dear Tao,

          You are completely hopeless.

With all the love in the world.

          ~Chen

 

 

Dear Diary,

          Someone tried to bully Kris yesterday…I kicked their asses of course but Kris was really upset about it. I decided that Kris needed some emotional support so I suggested we go to the mall and walk around. Kris ended up buying me a new watch and we got matching phone cases, it was a fun day overall! It makes me imagine how life would be if we were dating…I picture it to be similar but with kisses and cuddles. Oh well I can wish!

          ~Tao

 

Dear Tao,

          I know this is you only because I recognize your name but please tell me WHAT THE HECK YOU WROTE!? Why write on my script in a language I can’t read? I asked Chen what you wrote but he won’t tell me! He said to just ignore it but I can’t, I’m curious and need to know. Is someone being mean to you? I can fight them Chanyeol can fight them!

          ~Baekhyun

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

“No.” Tao glared at Baekhyun. Baekhyun had found Tao in the middle of the day after being rejected the day earlier and refused to let him go. “Baekhyun I have to get to class.”

“So do we!” Someone shouted behind him. Baekhyun was on the ground holding onto Tao’s legs with a pout, this caused a buildup in the halls and a traffic jam soon started.

“I have Ms. Killer next hour please let me get to class!” Someone, who sounded close to tears, begged.

“Tell me and I’ll move!” Baekhyun yelled.

“This is why no one likes you!” Someone shouted at Baekhyun. Tao turned and glared into the crowd.

“Shut the hell up! I don’t care what he’s doing, no one is mean to my boyfriend!” Everyone looked ahead as Chanyeol came walking up. “Have you ever thought of going around them? The halls are big enough for you to go around.”

“Thanks Channie!” Baekhyun winked up at Chanyeol from the floor. People started to grumble as they went around the trio.

“Seriously though didn’t Chen tell you to leave him alone?” Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun off of Tao.

“Yes, but I need to know!” Baekhyun pouted.

“Look it’s not important.” Tao sighed. “You really don’t need to know.”

“Liar!” Baekhyun pointed at Tao dramatically, a single spotlight illuminated Baekhyun as he posed. “It clearly is important if you won’t tell me!”

“Where the hell did that spotlight come from?” Tao asked looking around.

“I gave up long ago wondering how he does this.” Chanyeol shrugged. “It’s just Baek’s charm.”

“If it wasn’t important than you would tell me.” Baekhyun glared at Tao. “Is our friendship nothing to you? Do you not trust me?”

“Where the hell is this coming from!?” Tao yelled. “Am I being pranked right now? What is happening?”

“He’s the president of the drama club, I don’t know why you’re still surprised.” Luhan said as he suddenly appeared from the shadows,

“WHEN THE HELL DID YOU GET HERE?” Tao screamed, he flew against the lockers.

“Luhan also has strange powers.” Chanyeol nodded. “I’m more surprised that you’re surprised.”

“I knew that Luhan was strange but I didn’t know he could teleport!” Tao defended himself.

“Teleporting is basic.” Baekhyun sassed. “But back to the topic at hand; why won’t you tell me what you wrote?”

“Did he write something in English or are you just so stupid that you can’t read Korean?” Luhan put his hands on his hips, the four started walking down the halls their 6th hour classes.

“He wrote is Chinese!” Baekhyun yelled.

“…You know that over half of your friends can speak Chinese to an extent right?” Luhan said. “Kris, Tao, Lay and myself were all born in China. I could read it for you.”

“No!” Tao shouted.

“Wait…who else can speak Chinese?” Baekhyun asked, the four walked into a classroom and sat down.

“Well Chen and Xiumin are both fluent, I think their moms taught them together, but Sehun is learning.” Luhan said with a smile. “I’m teaching him.”

“How sweet.” Chanyeol cooed, Kris walked into the room and headed towards Tao looking confused.

“Why aren’t you teaching me another language?” Baekhyun asked Chanyeol.

“Because I don’t know another language!” Chanyeol laughed. “Ask Chen to teach you another language.”

“Hey guys.” Tao suddenly spoke up.

“What is it?” Luhan asked.

“Why did you follow me into my business class?” Luhan’s head snapped up and he looked around the unfamiliar room. “Also Baekhyun, you’re in Kris’s seat.”

“I wasn’t going to say anything but…” Kris said, standing in front of his desk.

“Well .” Luhan said. “Gotta run!”

“Chanyeol why did we come here?” Baekhyun asked, he stood up and looked at the clock. “!”

“Mr. Lee is gonna kill us!” Chanyeol groaned as Baekhyun pulled him out of the room.

“Man they’re weird.” Kris said as he sat down. “So how’d you get here before me? Didn’t Baekhyun kidnap you after science?”

“Yes…yes he did…” Tao nodded once and pulled his things from his bag.

“What did he want anyway?” Kris asked doing the same.

“I’d rather not speak of it…ever.” Tao tapped his desk a few times as the bell rang. “Did you know that Chen and Minseok are fluent in Chinese?”

“Well…isn’t Chen his Chinese name?” Kris asked. “I don’t know if Minseok has one…”

“…How am I so stupid?” Tao groaned. “I did background checks on all of our friends but I missed that?”

“You aren’t stupid.” Kris said with a sweet smile (a few girls swooned). “You can’t expect to be perfect all the time.”

“I guess you’re right…” Tao smiled back and looked away before his blush could be seen.

“Alright class open your books to page 612.” Mr. Time walked into the room and smiled at the class.

“He so just did it with Mr. Smith.” Someone whispered behind him.

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

Dear Diary,

          Baekhyun is a drama queen who can teleport…who knew? Apparently I was the only one that didn’t know! Luhan and Kyungsoo can also teleport, how did they learn this? I thought teleportation wasn’t possible! How do they do it? I want to be able to teleport as well! Anyway Kris smiled at me today, it was a cute smile too! I love Kris’s smile, it makes me so happy! I love Kris…yeah…I know it’s hopeless but I love him either way.

          ~Tao

 

Dear Tao,

          Seriously? You should know by now that I look at everything that crosses Suho’s desk. Just ask Kris out, I promise you it will all work out. I know it may feel scary but I know you can do it! I believe in you!

          ~Lay

 

Dear Lay,

          Maybe take your own advice first. It’s clear to everyone that you like Suho…well everyone but Suho that is. Baekhyun even has a betting pool going on for when you two will date.

          ~Tao

 

Dear Tao,

          Why is Lay pacing around the student council room cursing you and Baekhyun out? It’s half in Korean and half in Chinese? I’m getting worried for his health…also what have you two been writing about? I can see you two wrote in Chinese but the beginning of your first entry is different from your second…was the first met for me? If so what did it say.

          ~Suho

 

Dear Suho,

          It wasn’t meant for you, I was writing to myself.

          ~Tao

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

“Tao!” Lay came storming up to Tao at lunch. Today Tao and Kris had decided to sit with Luhan, Minseok, Suho, Lay, and Kyungsoo…needless to say Tao regretted letting Kris chose where to sit.

“Hey Lay.” Tao said meekly.

“For someone so strong it amazes me that you can still sound as meek as you do.” Kyungsoo said before biting down on his sandwich.

“You scared me for months until I heard you talk.” Luhan agreed. “Just be glad that the rest of the school fears you.”

“Tao is a surprisingly good fighter?” Kris praised. “My family only hires the best.”

“What does your family even do?” Lay asked, he sat down next to Suho at the table.

“Surprisingly?” Tao asked shocked. “Do I not look like a trained warrior to you?”

“To be honest you look too cute to be a warrior.” Kris shrugged, Tao looked down at the table with a blush covering his face. “A cute panda.”

“Shut up.” Tao muttered.

“What did I tell you?” Lay teased in Chinese.

“Oooh what did he tell you?” Luhan added on. “But really…what did he tell you?”

“What are you talking about?” Kris asked.

“WILL YOU THREE PLEASE SPEAK IN KOREAN?” Kyungsoo yelled. “IT’S RUDE!”

“…I-I’m sorry Kyungie…” Luhan blinked, Tao shrugged and went back to his lunch.

“YOU SHARE MY ANGER SOO!?” Baekhyun stood on top of his table from across the cafeteria. “WE ARE ONE!”

“I SHARE NOTHING WITH YOU, YOU IDIOT!” Kyungsoo screamed back.

“CHEN! SOO KNOWS HOW I FEEL!” Baekhyun was pulled off of the table by a blushing Chen and annoyed Sehun.

“Chen and Baekie are so cute!” Lay cooed, Kyungsoo froze and nodded stiffly.

“So cute.” Minseok growled. “I’m gonna go study.” Minseok stood up and walked off without his lunch.

“Look Lay…there’s something I need to tell you.” Suho started. “Listen the other da-”

“Oh here they come!” Luhan beamed. “The cutest!” Luhan gave Suho a death glare.

“Hey guys!” Chanyeol waved. “Mind if we?”

“Oh go ahead!” Kris stood up. “Tao and I need to go somewhere anyway?”

“We do?” Tao asked as he looked up from his soup.

“Yes we do, let’s go!” Kris pulled Tao up and led him out of the cafeteria.

“Where are we going?” Tao asked.

“Away from people.” Kris said, Tao could see a smile on Kris’s face. “I have something important to tell you!”

“Tell me now!” Tao pulled them to a stop. They were in front of Mrs. Fox’s room, the door was open and three people were inside.

“Right here?’ Kris eyed the room they were next to. “Are you sure?”

“Of course I’m sure!” Tao crossed his arms. “Whatever you have to tell me you can say here.”

“Ooooh drama!” Mrs. Fox said, she ran to the door to watch the scene. “Hunny come watch this!”

“I wouldn’t miss it mom!” Hunny ran to watch, leaving Mori all alone shaking his head. Mori walked over and pulled Hunny away.

“It’s rude to listen in on others conversations.” Mori sat down and pulled Hunny into his lap.

“Meanie…” Hunny pouted.

“Okay…so Tao.” Kris put his hands on Tao’s shoulders.

“Kris?” Tao asked.

“My parents want to set me up with someone.” Kris smiled, Tao faked a smile and nodded.

“I’m happy for you.” Tao managed to keep his words calm but in his head everything was on fire. “Who’s the lucky lady?”

“Here’s the thing…” Kris laughed. “It’s not all set in stone because his parents haven’t agreed yet.”

“His?” Tao tilted his head in confusion. “I didn’t know you were gay?”

“I’m biual but that’s not the point!” Kris shook his head.

“It might not be the point but it’s a big point!” Tao panicked. “I’m your body guard, why didn’t I know this!?”

“The only people that know are my parents, the parents of the boy my parents want me with and now the guy they want me with.” Kris looked at Tao nervously.

“Well and me of course.” Tao finally said after a few minutes of silence. “But who’s the lucky guy?”

“Are you really that stupid!?” Mrs. Fox yelled, the two turned to see Mrs. Fox with a giant grin as she held onto the doorframe for dear life. “Tao I know you’re smart.”

“Is it someone I know?’ Tao asked clearly confused. “Is it your son Mrs. Fox?”

“Gross!” They heard Hunny shout.

“Mine.” Was heard in a quieter tone.

“…Tao I’m at a loss for words here.” Kris said.

“What!?” Tao yelled. At this point Mr. Smith’s door opened and he poked his head out.

“What’s happen-” He started but was quickly shushed by Mrs. Fox.

“It’s you!” Kris yelled, the bell rang and the hallway became less empty. “Tao my parents want me to date you! My parents love you! Your parents want us to date but they are going to ask you first! it, I want to date you!”

“Kris…” Tao whispered, Kris looked Tao in the eyes. People began to surround the two and whisper. “If this is a jo-”

“It’s not.” Kris said before he slammed Tao against the lockers and put his forehead against Tao’s. “If you’re going to reject me do it now, this is your last chance.”

“If I was going to reject you I wouldn’t have let you pin me here.” Tao smiled, Kris returned the smile before gently kissing him.

“FINALLY!” They heard Baekhyun’s loud voice echo. “YOU OWE ME THIS TIME!”

“DO YOU HAVE DATING POOLS ON ALL OF US?” Lay shrieked, Kris pulled away and the two just stared at each other.

“What’s Kyungsoo and mine look like?” Kai asked. Tao ignored everyone around them and kissed Kris again.

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

“Aren’t they cute?” Suho cooed at Kris and Tao as they walked down the halls the next day hand in hand. Lay nodded in agreement.

“Chen, Chanyeol and I are cuter though right?” Baekhyun popped up with a grin.

“Yeah right!” Luhan scoffed. “Sehun and I are the cutest of all! Right babe?”

“Duh.” Sehun and Luhan high-fived.

“I think Suho and Lay are the cutest.” Chanyeol laughed.

“We aren’t dating!” Lay rushed out.

“Y-yeah!” Suho stuttered.

“That’s fine because Kai and Kyungsoo are cuter than everyone put together.” Chen laughed, a shoe came flying and hit Chen in the head causing him to fall to the ground.

“I give that a ten!” Baekhyun nodded. “That form was excellent.”

“I give it an eight and a half.” Lay nodded.

“I’d give it a ten just because it hit the target from such a great distance.” Minseok said. “But I like the target so points deducted and you are left with a four.”

“Well every panel of judges has to have a Simon Cowell.” Chanyeol reasoned. Kyungsoo and Kai came walking up, Kai’s face still red from laughing.

“I’m here with the contestant Do Kyungsoo.” Suho held up the thrown shoe as a microphone. “Mr. Do you just received a twenty-two point five, do you like that score?’

“Not at all.” Kyungsoo sighed. “The lowest score was from my best friend so that’s disappointing, and the highest score was from an idiot…”

“Well don’t throw shoes at me and you’d get a better score from him.” Chen muttered, Minseok helped Chen up with a smile. “But still a four?”

“You have to give some credit for the skills displayed here.” Minseok shrugged. “Is your head okay?”

“It’s fine ju-” Chen was pulled into a hug by Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Chanyeol checked Chen’s head for any injuries.

“My poor baby!” Baekhyun cooed.

“Get off!” Chen whinned. “You gave him a ten for hitting me!”

“The skill was amazing though!” Baekhyun argued back.

“Ladies you’re both pretty now let’s just hug it out.” Chanyeol laughed, he pulled the other two (who were still fighting) into a hug.

“I gotta go.” Minseok said through clenched teeth.

“I’ll go with you!” Kyungsoo said quickly.

“Same…” Suho said softly.

“Short line!” Kyungsoo held an arm in the air as the trio walked away.

“What’s wrong with Minseok?” Kai asked. Chen forcefully pulled away from the other two and watched Minseok walk off.

“Baek I don’t think your plan is working.” Chen muttered. “I’ll be on the roof until class starts.”

“What is he talking about?” Lay asked.

“What plan?” Kai questioned. “Is Chen okay?”

“…Chen!” Baekhyun called out, Chen turned and Baekhyun pulled him into a tight hug. “It’ll all be okay.”

“I don’t think it will.” Chen sighed, Baekhyun pulled back and kissed Chen’s cheek.

“It will!” Baekhyun promised. “Have I ever let you down?”

“…No…” Chen admitted with a small smile.

“See? Now don’t be too sad and make sure you get to class on time. I’ll meet you there.” Baekhyun hugged Chen once more before Chen walked off. Once Chen was out of sight Baekhyun turned to the remaining five with a determined face.

“Channie we need backup.” Baekhyun said, Chanyeol nodded and the two looked at the others. “Luhan, I assume you figured it out somehow?”

“Nothing gets past me!” Luhan smirked. “I figured it out a few weeks ago.”

“What is going on?” Lay asked.

“Okay you all…it’s time we joined forces to get Chen and Minseok together?” Baekhyun smiled.

“But isn’t Chen…and isn’t Minseok..?” Kai looked really confused, Sehun came up and rested his hand on Kai’s shoulder.

“It’s best you don’t question anything.” Sehun said.

“You know what…fine.” Lay threw his hands up in the air. “I give up understanding anything!”

“That’s good.” Chanyeol smiled.

“Prepare for trouble.” Luhan smiled.

“And make it double.” Baekhyun cackled as the two stood back to back.

“I’m scared.” Kai whimpered.

“Oh be afraid.” Sehun and Chanyeol laughed.

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

Dear Diary,

          Today was a great day! Kris and I started dating yesterday! How cool is that? I still can’t believe that we’re dating! Kris is such a great guy, he’s a great kisser as well! I love him so much…but…not everything was good today. I found Minseok crying his eyes out in the janitors’ closet, when I asked him what was wrong he just cried harder and kept crying for Chen…I wasn’t sure what to do so I texted Kris to find and bring Chen but apparently Kris had found Chen crying on the roof. Kris couldn’t understand Chen that well but he knew that he wanted Minseok. Something is going on here and I need to find out, I wonder if Chen got in a fight with Minseok and they both regretted it…or if it’s boyfriend troubles...God I hope not. In class the two were awkward around each other and didn’t say a word to each other, they didn’t say anything at lunch either (Baekhyun brought his table to eat with Luhan’s table…Kyungsoo almost killed Baek twice). I hope the two fix everything soon…the feeling in the group is different now that the two aren’t talking.

          ~Tao

 

Dear Tao,

          WHY DO YOU KEEP DOING THIS TO ME! I NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOU’RE SAYING! CHEN AND MINSEOK ARE SAD RIGHT NOW SO I CAN’T ASK THEM AND LUHAN IS TOO BUSY TO ANSWER MY TEXTS!

          ~Baekhyun

 

Dear Baekhyun,

          off.

With love.

          ~Tao

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

Hi!

This was 3393 words long! This is the longest thing I’ve ever written! This was like 20 pages in word! I’m proud of myself tbh…

So this was just the beginning! Don’t worry about XiuChen…this is a light hearted fic so the trouble I have right now will have a happy ending at some point!

Be ready to meet Mike in the next part by the way!

I will also be in New York next week so there won’t be any updates next week. After New York I get to go see SHINee in Dallas! I’m so excited! I can’t wait to see them all! Onew is my bias but Minho isn’t far off!

Have a beautiful day!

~Lizzy

 

Next time:

Fight Mike