Why Am I Always the Princess!?

EXO High Shorts

"Minseok will you tell me this." Kyungsoo asked. The two were reciting their lines for the play their teacher just gave them.
"Depends on what it is." Minseok answered wearily. "If you're asking about my boyfriend I still won't tell you who it is."
"No I have a source to find that answer but this is about the play we have to put on." Kyungsoo put his script down with a sigh.
"Oh what about it?" Minseok looked surprised
"Why do I always have to play Kai's love interest?" Kyungsoo questioned. Minseok looked at him for split second before bursting into laughter, the whole class stopped what they were doing to look at the two.
"Oh my…I'm sorry but now that you mention it it's so true!" Minseok managed to choke out between laughs.
"See! I just want a more challenging role than damsel in distress."
"Oh wait, there was that one role."
"We don't talk about that role or that play." Kyungsoo said darkly.
"You mean the time you played a cow?" Luhan asked dragging a whining Tao over to the two.
"And Kai died trying to save you!" Minseok burst into laughter again.
"It was so romantic." Tao sighed.

“Romantic my ! Kai and I aren’t even dating.” Kyungsoo scowled, his scowl only grew when he saw a camera in his face.

“Here we have my best friend’s love interest for this and every play we are forced to put on.” Sehun said zooming in close to Kyungsoo’s face.

“Get that thing out of my face.” Kyungsoo growled.

“Hunnie!” Sehun threw his camera in Minseok’s lap and turned to pick Luhan up and spin him in circles.

“Awe! Look at them!” Lay cooed. The group turned to see Lay smiling at everyone and holding costumes, he turned to Kyungsoo and Minseok. “Chanyeol asked me to give these to you and Minseok.”

“Thanks Lay.” Kyungsoo smiled and took his costume.

“Why didn’t Chanyeol do it himself?” Minseok asked taking the costume.

“Baekhyun called him to the drama room for an emergency ‘Beagle Line’ meeting, whatever that is.” Lay shrugged, he looked at Luhan and Sehun who were still deeply ignoring everyone else and sighed. “I wish” He muttered before walking out of the room.

“Is something bothering Lay?” Tao asked, Kyungsoo and Minseok just shrugged.

“I wonder what that meeting is about.” Kyungsoo wondered. “And what is this Beagle Line?”

“Beagle Line is just Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Chen’s little therapy circle, basically whenever one of them is going through something or anything along those lines the three meet up to help one another.” Minseok informed, Tao and Kyungsoo stared at him both impressed and confused.

“How the hell do you know that?” Tao asked.

“Yeah.” Kyungsoo added, the other two stared at him for a second before Kyungsoo added, “How do you know?”

“I overheard Baekhyun talking to Suho about it.” Minseok shrugged. “Also Tao shouldn’t you be with Kris?”

“Oh !” Tao looked around the room and when he didn’t see the tall and scary looking man he took off running.

“We should make our own line with Suho.” Kyungsoo said determined.

“And just what we be called? The short line?” Minseok teased. “They’re the Beagle Line because those three are loud, we are short.”

“Okay class it’s time to run the play!” Mrs. Fox said as she entered the room. “I want to take Act VI, Scene 4.”

“Isn’t that your kiss scene with Kai?” Minseok asked, he looked over at Kyungsoo and saw what looked like a dark aura around his friend. “Mrs. Fox Kyungsoo’s doing the scary thing again!”

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

“Mrs. Fox, I’d like to talk to you.” Kyungsoo said one day after she dismissed the rest of the class.

“What’s up Kyungsoo?” She asked. Kyungsoo followed her as she walked to her desk.

“Well...it’s about the play.” He admitted.

“Oh what about it?” Mrs. Fox smiled brightly. “This is one of my favorites!”

“Well it’s about all the plays we’ve done.” Kyungsoo started. “Why am I always Kai’s love interest?”

“Oh?” She asked.

“It’s just whenever you give us a play I always end up as Kai’s love interest.” Kyungsoo rambled. “I’ve even played a cow that he died for!”

“That was a good play…” Mrs. Fox said thoughtfully. “Well Kyungsoo I’ll tell you the reason you always play that part.”

“Why is it Mrs. Fox?” Kyungsoo leaned forward in anticipation. The moment he had been waiting for for three years would finally happen.

“I ship you two.” With that Mrs. Fox threw her keys are Kyungsoo. “Lock the doors when you leave.”

With that Mrs. Fox left Kyungsoo in silence. He stared at her desk in complete shock, the countless times he’d been humiliated had been because his teacher shipped him with the rich brat, Kyungsoo didn’t even know what shipping was. He stood there for what felt like hours in the dark just processing what happened. “Ship us?” The sun started to set when Kyungsoo snapped out of it. He locked the door to the classroom and started walking towards the parking lot.

“What are you still doing here?” Kyungsoo looked up to see Chen and Baekhyun, Chen was barely visible due to the amount of boxes he was carrying.

“I could ask you the same thing.” Kyungsoo responded.

“Well if you must know we’re here because Chen was helping me with drama club stuff.” Baekhyun sighed.

“Hey Baek this is getting heavy can we get to your car already?” Chen’s plea went ignored by the two others.

“I just snapped out of a shock Mrs. Fox gave me.” Kyungsoo admitted, Baekhyun’s eyes grew wide and they heard Chen cough.

“What kind of shock?” Baekhyun asked.

“Seriously Baek we can continue this conversation as we walk to your car.” Chen was once again ignored.

“I’d rather not talk about it to you.” Kyungsoo simply said before walking to his car, as he drove off he could hear Baekhyun yelling at Chen who dropped the boxes.

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

“Minseok can I ask you something?” Kyungsoo put his script down the next day, the two were once again practicing their lines.

"Depends on what it is." Minseok answered wearily. "If you're asking about my boyfriend I still won't tell you who it is."

“No it’s not that…” Kyungsoo sighed and put his face in his hands.

“What is it Kyungie?” Minseok asked suddenly worried for his friend.

“What is shipping?” Minseok burst into laughter at his friend’s question, he laughed until he saw the dark aura seeping from his friend again.

“I’m sorry Kyungie.” Minseok apologized quickly.

“Forget it just answer the damn question.” Kyungsoo growled.

“Shipping is when you like two people together, it could be friendship but it’s mostly romanticly.” Minseok patiently explained, he even pulled his phone out to go on tumblr to help Kyungsoo understand.

“MRS. FOX WANTS THAT RICH BASTARD AND ME TO DATE?” Kyungsoo screamed, the whole class turned to see Minseok hiding behind his script and Kyungsoo looking livid surrounded in a dark cloud.

“When you say rich bastard are you refering to me?” The class turned again to the door to see Kai leaning against the doorframe and Sehun behind him looking excited with his camera filming the whole thing.

“SHUT IT ASSHAT!” Kyungsoo screamed before pulling Minseok to Suho and then he pulled both Minseok and Suho out of the class. “SHORT LINE MEETING NOW!”

“Short line?” Suho muttered as he was dragged along.

Poor Suho

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

So this is the first short done! I completely forgot about this until recently (this morning) so after finishing the update for Flares I immediately rushed to finish this. I know it’s not that funny but I love EXO stereotypes and yeah...I’m not funny is all I was trying to say. But while I’m not funny my friends tell me I’m quite...punny! *ba dum tis*

Have a beautiful day!

~Lizzy

 

Next time:

Operation: Who is Minseok Dating?