Kris's Family

EXO High Shorts

“Chen, come here.” Taeyeon said from her desk. Chen looked one last time at the article he was editing before walking to her desk.

“What’s up?” Chen asked as he leaned over her desk to see what she was working on.

“Well, Hyoyeon has been getting questions about Kris.” Taeyeon handed Chen several papers full of questions for Kris.

“Okay so what do you want me to do?” Chen questioned as he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, he started to flip through them. “Why do people want to know what shampoo he uses?”

“Some people are strange.” Taeyeon shrugged. “What I need you to do is interview Kris.”

“Why can’t you do it?” Chen asked. “I don’t have any free time!”

“If you must know Jessica and I have date night tonight!” Taeyeon stood up and patted Chen’s shoulder.

“What about on your free period?” Chen said. “I don’t have a free period.”

“I spend my free period filling out college applications and scholarship forms!” Taeyeon pointed to the tall stack of papers behind her desk. “Besides; you are close with Kris!”

“Fine…” Chen took the questions and walked back to his desk. He pulled his phone out and started texting Kris, asking when he was free for an interview.

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

Now Chen feared very little in this world, in fact all of his fears could be counted on one hand. Chen feared: Kyungsoo, Mrs. Killer, and Taeyeon. Taeyeon was a strong leader and while Chen looked up to her, he also feared her. The school paper was the best school paper in the state and Taeyeon ran a tight ship...Chen didn’t even want to join the club in the first place! However, since he’s known Taeyeon for a while, she forced him into it and he grew to love it. Because of the fear and respect Chen had for Taeyeon, Chen and Minseok drove up to Kris’s house later that day after school.

“This was your idea for our first date?” Minseok asked. The look he shot Chen was one of pure judgment.

“No it’s not.” Chen assured. “Taeyeon just wants me to interview Kris really quick.”

“So Kris comes before us?” Minseok fought a smile as Chen struggled for words.

“Not at all!” Chen finally spurted out. “Taeyeon is just…terrifying.”

“It’s fine I under-oh God.” Minseok’s eyes widened when the gate for Kris’s house came into view.

“Just what do his parents do?” Chen asked. As they pulled up to the gate, he rolled down his window and pressed the button on the speaker.


“Hello you’ve reached the Wu residence.” A warm voice welcomed.

“Hi, we’re Chen and Minseok.” Chen said. “Here to see Kris.”

“Ahh yes you may pull forward.” The voice said. “A butler will see you into the house.”

“T-thank you.” Chen stuttered and with sweaty palms he said to Minseok. “Minnie I’m suddenly scared.”

“Me too Dae…” Minseok said.

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

“So Kris; what is it your parents do?” Chen asked. The four friends were seated in Kris’s room; Tao and Minseok were sitting in the corner chatting, while Kris was answering Chen’s questions. Kris and Chen were sitting on an elaborately decorated couch a few feet from the double doors that lead to the east hall.

“Well my parents-” Kris stopped talking when someone pounded on his door. Kris started to stand up when Tao started running to the two.

“GET DOWN!” Chen and Kris were tackled by Tao as bullets flew into the room and right into the chair Chen was just sitting in.

“!” Chen screamed and covered his head.

“JONGDAE!” Minseok screamed and crawled to Chen.

“What the hell!” Kris shouted, Tao pulled out two guns, he gave one to Kris and kept one for himself, Chen screamed when he saw the guns.

“WHY DOES HE HAVE A GUN!?” Chen screeched.

“I DON’T KNOW!” Minseok screamed back.

“SHUT UP AND LISTEN CLOSELY!” Tao screamed. The two instantly shut up and

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

“Chen do you really expect me to believe that lie?” Taeyeon asked the next day.

“It’s not a lie!” Chen shouted, the room grew silent and everyone turned to look at them. “Have I ever let you down before?”

“No…” Taeyeon eyed Chen for a few minutes before letting out a sigh. “I guess-”

“CHEN!” Baekhyun and Chanyeol burst through the doors, they saw Chen and pulled him into a tight hug.

“WE HEARD WHAT HAPPENED!” Baekhyun cried, he put his head into Chen’s neck while Chanyeol rested his head on top of Chen’s (Chen still felt Chanyeol’s tears).

“Stop screaming I’m all okay.” Chen rubbed Baekhyun’s back and leaned into Chanyeol’s hug.

“M-Minseok texted us what h-happened.” Baekhyun pulled back, his eyes were red and his nose was running. Tears were running down his face and his eyeliner was also running down his face. Chen let out a little chuckle and used the sleeves of his sweater to wipe his face.

“Hey, I’m okay.” Chen pulled Baekhyun in for another hug.

“Can we write about this?” Sooyoung asked, a light slap was heard.

“Of course not! Get back to work.” Yuri, Sooyoung’s girlfriend, hissed.

“So you’re okay?” Chanyeol asked. The three pulled apart and Chen smiled.

“I’m perfectly okay.” Chen assured the others he gestured to his body. “See? Not a mark.”

“You better not be lying!” Chanyeol furrowed his brows.

“I’m not, it’s all fine.” Chen stood on his toes to ruffle Chanyeol’s hair. A knock on the door caught their attention; Hunny stood at the door with a large frown covering his face, Chen felt his heart sink at the sight of his cousin. “.”

“Kim Jongdae.” Hunny stalked over and despite his short height Chen cowered. “Mom wants to see you.”

“B-but she’s teaching right now isn’t she?” Chen stuttered. “A-and I have an article to write.”

“Mom stopped class when she heard the twins talking about what happened.” Hunny crossed his arms and with a pout on his lips Chen heard many people swoon.

“…well I still have to writ-” Chen started.

“Oh you can take him.” Taeyeon pipped up, she was sitting at her desk with her chin resting on her palms. “I’m extending your deadline.”

“Gee thanks.” Chen glared at the smirking Taeyeon.

“You can’t avoid her forever.” Chanyeol whispered. “She is your aunt.”

“Do you want us to come with you?” Baekhyun asked, Chen look at the red eyed boy with a small smile.

“If you want to that’s fine.” Baekhyun smiled up at Chen and grabbed his hand.

“Let’s go!” Baekhyun cheered as they all walked out.

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

“Did you hear about what happened to Minseok and Chen when they went to visit Kris and Tao?” Lay asked Suho. The two sat in Chemistry as Mr. Lee rattled on and on about whatever he was talking about, Lay couldn’t remember.

“Well I was there while Tao was telling the story.” Suho whispered, he continued to listen to Lay babble on while taking his notes over what Mr. Lee was saying. When class ended Suho slowly put his things away while Lay talked.

“Oh and can I barrow your notes?” Lay asked before Suho could put his notebook away.

“Sure, just give it back to me in trig.” While Suho was handing Lay the notebook their hands brushed and Suho froze, the two stared at each other both with a light blush.

“Ooooh lookie here!” Baekhyun’s voice broke their trance. “Looks like these two will soon be an official couple!”

“How cute!” Chanyeol joined in on Baekhyun’s teasing, Suho’s blush grew deeper and he ran from the room.

“Suho!” Lay stood up and was about to run after him when Chanyeol stopped him. “Wha-”

“That bastard just left…” Chanyeol muttered. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and snapped his fingers, a lone spotlight illuminated Chanyeol and the room grew dark.

“What the fu-” Someone shouted.

“Who turned off the lights?” Mr. Lee asked. Chanyeol looked at the ground in silence before throwing his head up to look to the sky.

“He left!” Chanyeol cried, a single tear fell from his eyes.

“Oooh he’s improved a lot.” Baekhyun whispered, he clapped his hands together lightly.

“Suho…oh Suho.” Chanyeol shook his head. “How will I ever get to class now? We walked to class every day. You kept me on the right path, the path of justice, you brought me to the love of my life.”

“He’s so sweet.” Baekhyun cooed.

“We’re going to be late…” Lay sighed. “How long will this take?”

“Not long now.” Baekhyun assured. “He’s wrapping it up.”

“Why don’t the light switches work?” Mr. Lee called out.

“How could you be so cold?” Chanyeol sank to the ground. “WHY SUHO WHY!?”

The lights turned back on and the spotlight disappeared. Chanyeol rose from the ground with a smile as everyone in the room broke into applause. Lay shrugged before joining in.

“So let’s get to class.” Baekhyun led the group out and down the hall, Lay entered his classroom alone and sat near Minseok and Chen.

“You look like you’ve seen better days.” Minseok laughed, Chen agreed before leaning over to whisper in Minseok ear.

“Chanyeol had a little monologue and Baekhyun and Chanyeol embarrassed Suho so much that he ran off.” Lay sighed. He opened Suho’s notebook and was in for a shock when the notes that were supposed to be about that day’s lesson were really just everything he told Suho.

To: SuShowMeTheMoney

From: XingXing

What happened to your chem notes?

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

“Mind explaining what you’re doing here?” Kyungsoo asked when Kai sat next to him by a large tree.

“What are you unhappy to see me?” Kai asked with mock hurt. “I’m wounded, I truly am.”

“Shut up…you know I don’t hate you.” Kyungsoo blushed and looked at the book he was studying. “I mean aren’t you supposed to be in class? If I’m correct this isn’t your free period.”

“Well Sehun said that you’re alone a lot for your free period.” Kai smirked. “We don’t get to spend a lot of time together.”

“Kai we spend a lot of time together.” Kyungsoo looked up to glare at Kai. “And I’m alone because I like being alone.”

“Oh so you don’t want me here?” Kai asked, Kyungsoo shrugged and went back to his book. Kai stood up and started to walk off. Kyungsoo smirked and slowly counted down, he looked up when Kai came running back.

“That didn’t take as long as usual.” Kyungsoo smiled, Kai stood in awe of Kyungsoo. “Kai?”

“Yeah well…I don’t have anywhere else to go…” Kai shrugged, he plopped down next to Kyungsoo.

“You could go to this thing called class.” Kyungsoo nudged Kai with his shoulder. “I hear it’s kinda boring but highly informative.”

“Yeah…I could but this is some fun quality time together.” Kai leaned on Kyungsoo’s shoulder to look at the book he was reading. “What’s this one about?”

“This is a book all about penguins.” Kyungsoo explained. “It goes over their feeding habits, their migration patterns an-”

“Does it talk about their mating habits?” Kai whispered into Kyungsoo’s ear, Kyungsoo shuddered.

“Well of course it does you idiot.” Kyungsoo pulled away from Kai with a deep blush. “I told you the book was all about them.”

“Tell me all about it.” Kai started to lean in but was stopped by Kyungsoo’s hand.

“You want me to tell you about penguin mating in great detail?” Kyungsoo eyed Kai strangely. “Also not when someone could catch us.”

“Oh come on, no one comes over here but you.” Kai pulled Kyungsoo close.

“What if someone catches us?” Kyungsoo asked while looking around. “People think I hate your guts!”  

“Why don’t we just tell people?” Kai asked, he lightly kissed the area behind Kyungsoo’s ear. “We’ve been dating for three months now.”

“Well…as much as Baekhyun annoys me he really wants to be the one to set us up…” Kyungsoo leaned into Kai’s touch. “Minseok says that Baekhyun is really excited to do this.”

“You’re such a good friend.” Kai smiled, he turned Kyungsoo’s head and brought their lips together. Kyungsoo crawled into Kai’s lap and straddled him. “So nice to Baekhyun.”

“Even Baekhyun needs to be happy from time to time.” Kyungsoo shrugged before bringing their lips together again.

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

KrisTheMighty:

Guys because you are so crazy I’ll tell you what my parents do.

 

Jongdass:

Finally!

 

MinnieMinMin:

We’re crazy!?

Chen and I were shot at!

Supreme Overlord:

Minnie has a point.

KrisTheMighty:

Shhh not the point

Okay so my dad runs a

KrisTheMighty has signed off.

Jongdass:

YOU KRIS WU!

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

This was a bit longer than it was supposed to be but oh well!

Also Kaisoo has been together this whole time! Think about it, they were always together despite Kyungsoo claiming he hated him and Kyungsoo was always the first to defend Kai. (Yes I had planned this for a long time…this wasn’t like most things where I just throw them in lol)

For anyone wondering…I really didn’t like New York. I got sick on our last full day in New York so I only got one full day! I could go on and on about all the bad things that happened to me but…yeah.

Have a beautiful day!

~Lizzy

P.S. SHINee WAS FREAKING AWESOME! ONEW IS SO CUTE AND KEY IS SO SASSY! AND ALL THE SHIPS!


Next Time:

Looking Back & Walking Forward