How to Be a Good Student Council President

EXO High Shorts

“The key to keeping all these clubs in line is fairly simple really.” Suho told Lay, the two were walking down the long halls to go visit the Drama club.

 

“Is it?” Lay asked. Lay wasn’t sure why he was going with Suho while Kris sat comfortably in the student council room with Tao, mind you Lay was working while Kris was playing basketball with paper. Suho had walked into the room, handed Lay some papers and demanded he follow. Once they left the room Suho went off talking about his duties and the President, Lay loved being with the other but was beginning to miss filling papers.

 

“Yes!” Suho grinned. “You see, whenever I was chosen as the President I went around to each club personally and became friends with each leader of said club.”

 

“Weren’t you already friends with Baekhyun though?” Lay looked through the stack of complaints they had to address. “Also isn’t the Drama club the one that’s making your life harder right now?”

 

“I swear he’ll give me gray hairs.” Suho muttered, his cheerful grin was replaced with a deep frown.

 

“You aren’t that old yet!” Lay protested.

 

“Baekhyun makes me feel old.” Suho chuckled. The two continued their walk in a comfortable silence until they reached the Drama club’s doors. Suho took a deep breath, opened the door and immediately dodged the curly long haired blonde wig that came flying their way.

 

“I NEED MORE FEELING!” Baekhyun screeched at the poor freshman. “You sound like a rock!”

 

“Baekhyun!” Suho shouted, Baekhyun whipped his head around and smiled once he saw Suho and Lay.

 

“Oh hey guys! Channie help Wendy here.” Baekhyun walked over towards them, Chanyeol rushed to help the struggling freshman in a calmer manner than Baekhyun had used. “What do you guys need?”

 

“Well it’s for student council…” Suho said slowly. He watched as Baekhyun’s grin morphed into a grimace.

 

“What happened now?” Baekhyun asked. Lay handed him the thick stack of complaints with a small smile.

 

“Let’s see we have some complaints from the janitors about how the stage looked after you used it, some teachers said you are too loud, a few students have said you made them cry and we have one report from a parent filled with insults to the club, the school and you.” Suho named a few complaints.

 

“About the stage I told a few freshman to clean it after our last practice there but I guess I was ignored.” Baekhyun glared at a few freshman. “Noise wise I’ll try to tone it down a bit but drama is filled with passion!”

 

“What about the crying students?” Lay asked. “The school counselor begged for us to talk to you about it.”

 

“I’m helping them, I don’t try to make anyone cry.” Baekhyun blushed. “I just get so excited when I see potential but when someone isn’t using their own potential I just get…frustrated?”

 

“Try to ease up on the kids.” Suho patted Baekhyun’s back. “Give the trouble kids to Chanyeol, he can help too.”

 

“Fine…now I do have a few people to take care of.” Baekhyun looked over at some freshman who were just sitting around. “It was Wendy’s turn to clean but I think a few people have just earned that job for the rest of the year.”

 

“Don’t scare them too much Beak.” Suho said before turning and walking out. Once outside Suho grabbed Lay’s hand and ran towards the Student council room.

 

“Why are we running?” Lay asked as they ran.

 

“Do you want to hear Baekhyun scream again?” Suho panted out.

 

“Good point.”

 

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

 

“Suho the science club is requesting extra funding.” Lay brought the request papers over to Suho’s desk. “The anime club also wants to host a viewing party in the theater.”

 

“The anime club will have to reach an agreement with Baekhyun.” Suho said as he read over the science club’s request. “I’ll have to talk with Jinyoung to see if we can afford this.”

 

“He’s not here today.” Lay informed. “Something about food poisoning.”

 

“Well it’ll have to wait until tomorrow I guess.” Suho sighed, he went back to work as did Lay and the room was silent minus the sounds of typing at various speeds.

 

“Suho!” Chen entered the room loudly followed by Taeyeon, who had a camera around her neck.

 

“Chen!” Suho stood up and hugged his friend. “They let you out of the hospital?”

 

Chen blushed and smiled. “Of course, I was only there because of shock.”

 

“For some reason I don’t believe you…” Suho eyed the other. Taeyeon cleared and nudged Chen.

 

“Oh yeah, Suho as a humble member of the newspaper team Taeyeon and I would like to interview you for next week’s paper.” Chen said. “The theme of next week is bringing the school together or something like that.”

 

“The theme is Leaders in School.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes. “I’m rethinking my choice of having you take my place as President next year.”

 

“Who else do you trust? Jackson?” Chen asked with raised brows. “Do you really want the school’s newspaper full of dabbing?”

 

“What about Jessica?” Taeyeon challenged.

 

“Have you seriously forgotten that your girlfriend is a senior as well?” Chen laughed. “The only responsible people are myself and all the seniors.”

 

“Whatever.” Taeyeon turned back to Suho. “So can we interview you?” Lay made an x figure with his arms behind Taeyeon frantically. Lay feared Suho would embarrass himself with dad jokes like he’s done with every interview that wasn’t planned he’s done.

 

“Sure I don’t see why not.” Suho ignored Lay and shook Taeyeon’s hand, Chen laughed when he saw Lay facepalm. Taeyeon pulled out a pencil and a notepad, Suho sat at his desk and gestured for Taeyeon to sit in one of the chairs in front of his desk. The interview started off smoothly, no jokes were made much to Lay’s relief until it was time for the last question.

 

“So Suho is there one last thing you’d like to tell the students?” Taeyeon asked, pen ready.

 

“Well I have a joke if that’s alright?” Lay paled and started sobbing in the corner of the room, Chen was beside Lay crying from laughter.

 

“Oh?” Taeyeon said. “I’m sure the student body would love to hear it!”

 

“Okay so here it goes!” Suho sat up straighter in his seat smiling. “A woman is on trial for beating her husband to death with his guitar collection. Judge says, ‘First offender?’ She says, ‘No, first a Gibson! Then a Fender!”

 

“Oh God.” Lay muttered.

 

“Good one!” Chen gave Suho a thumbs as he laughed. Taeyeon sat still in shock, was open for a second before she quickly wrote it down.

 

“Yes…yes good one Suho.” Taeyeon said with a polite chuckle.

 

“I thought so!” Suho laughed. “Lay doesn’t seem to think I’m that funny though.”

 

“Your funny…it’s just…sometimes.” Lay struggled for words, he eventually gave up and went to continue his work.

 

“Well we gotta go!” Taeyeon pulled Chen out of the room with a wave. “Bye!”

 

“It was funny right?” Suho asked himself, he pulled out his paperwork and started again. “I’m funny.”

 

“Sure you are Suho.” Lay muttered as he worked.

 

“What was that?” Suho asked.

 

“Oh nothing.” Lay grinned. “Just wondering where everyone else is.”

 

“Who knows?” Suho shrugged, Lay looked at him his eye twitching.

 

“You should…you’re the president.” Lay sighed.

 

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

 

“So Suho has your plan worked?” Kai asked Suho in class. Their science teacher, Mr. Payne, talked on and on about the importance of the Mitochondria, at this point even Mr. Payne knew no one was listening.

 

“You started your plan?” Chanyeol leaned over. “I didn’t even realize you started.”

 

“Of course I’ve started my plan!” Suho whispered. “I think it’s working fairly well.”

 

“What have you done so far to impress Lay?” Kai asked.

 

“We’ve been hanging out a lot more lately…” Suho furrowed his brows. “I’m actually not sure how to do that.”

 

“How about you treat this like how your student council election.” Kai suggested.

 

“Yeah! You convinced the teachers that you would be a good president.” Chanyeol said enthusiastically. “If you could pull that lie off than surely you can convince Lay to date you!”

 

“That wasn’t a lie! I am a good president!” Suho growled.

 

“Without Lay who knows what this school would be. You and Kris are both useless, Lay keeps everything running here.” Kai laughed. “We all know it.”

 

“I resent that.” Suho frowned.

 

“You’re wrong Kai!” The trio turned to see a small blonde girl staring at them. “Suho’s been a great president!”

 

“Good to know someone believes in me!” Suho smirked at the other two. “What’s your name?”

 

“I’m May…” She blushed and looked at the ground. Kai and Chanyeol shared a look and sighed.

 

“Well thank you May.” Suho smiled at her and her blush grew.

 

“Anyway do you need help on getting Lay to date you?” Kai asked, he looked at May as he said that. “I think you two have a shot at being boyfriends.”

 

“And having gay !” Chanyeol cheered. The whole class grew silent and turned to stare at Chanyeol, even Mr. Payne stopped his lecture.

 

“CHANYEOL!” Suho and Kai yelled, Chanyeol shrugged and laughed. The class erupted into chatter and Mr. Payne just sat down and put his head on his desk.

 

“Lay?” May whispered, no one could hear her. “He’s gay?”

 

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

 

“SUHO SUHO SUHO!” Baekhyun ran through the halls avoiding all the people and the harsh whispers thrown his way. As he expertly dodged the people who wouldn’t move he also shoved things behind him to throw off the idiots chasing him. “ING HELP ME!”

 

“Baekhyun?” Baekhyun crashed into Chen, Kris, and Suho. Baekhyun shoved himself into their arms and pointed behind him, coming into view were a large group of angry looking men.

 

“Who the hell are they?” Chen asked, he pulled Baekhyun tighter into his hold and turned so Baekhyun was slightly out of their view.

 

“THEY WANT TO FIGHT ME!” Baekhyun shrieked.

 

“Isn’t that the whole swim team?” Kris asked.

 

“That looks like them.” Suho nodded. “Baekhyun what did you do now?”

 

“I DIDN’T DO ANYTHING!”

 

“Stop screaming in my ear.” Chen frowned.

 

“Well fix this!”

 

“Where’s that ing ert?” The swim team stopped in front of Kris and Suho.

 

“ert?” Suho asked surprised. “You mean Baekhyun?”

 

“Come on Jem, Baekhyun is far from a ert.” Kris told the swim team’s captain.

 

“Oh yeah?” Will, the co-captain, pushed forward. “Then why was he flirting with my girl?”

 

Chen, Suho, and Kris stood there in complete shock for a while. Chen was the first to break and after a few minutes he collapsed to the floor in laughter, Kris frowned at Chen while fighting back his own laughter, Suho chuckled and put his hand on Will’s shoulder. Baekhyun opened and closed his mouth over and over without saying a word.

 

“You do know I’m gay right?” Baekhyun finally said.

 

“A-and in a re-relation-ship with Park Chanyeol and myself!” Chen wheezed out in between his laughter, Baekhyun pulled him off the ground.

 

“What.” Will blinked at the group.

 

“Baekhyun doesn’t even top. He’s the biggest bottom I’ve ever met.” Suho continued to pat Will’s shoulder.

 

“And Suho is a bottom so he would know!” Kris nodded, Suho turned and slapped Kris as hard as he could. “What? You expect me to believe that Lay would bottom for you?”

 

“Yes!” Suho shouted.

 

“Um sorry to tell you this but you’re a total bottom.” Chen said.

 

“Total bottom.” Jem added, the whole swim team nodded in agreement.

 

“Yeah, Lay seems like a top to me. The way he dances…yeah saying you top is like saying Kyungsoo would top Kai if they were dating.” Baekhyun joked, suddenly Baekhyun dodged a shoe (Chen didn’t see said shoe and collapsed as the weapon hit him dead on in the center of his forehead) that came flying at him. “Speak of the devil.”

 

“BYUN BAEKHYUN!” Came the shrill scream of Kyungsoo as he ran down the hall towards Baekhyun. “GET YOUR OVER HERE!”

 

“How did he even hear that?” Baekhyun asked before running off again. Kyungsoo ran past them in a blur of black, he was able to quickly catch up to Baekhyun but Baekhyun managed to duck down a hall to avoid being tackled.

 

“Man he’s quick for a short man.” Will said, Kris nodded and flinched when they heard Baekhyun’s screams.

 

“I am not a bottom!” Suho hissed before stalking off.

 

“Hey wait up we still need to talk about budgeting!” Kris hollered as he chased Suho down the halls. The swim team was left alone in the halls, Will looked at Chen on the ground before shrugging and walking off, the other members soon followed.

 

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

 

“So that’s how to be great student council president!” A young boy said as he watched the whole thing.

 

“But Seungcheol he didn’t help them at all.” A long haired boy said next to him.

 

“Junghan you clearly didn’t see what I just saw then.” Seungcheol eyed his friend. “When we’re juniors I hope I can be the President!”

 

“If you help people like Suho does then I’m screwed.” Junghan sighed. “They didn’t even help Chen!”

 

“Because he’s sleeping.”

 

“He was knocked out by Kyungsoo’s shoe!” Junghan shrieked.

 

“Details!” Seungcheol waved his hand before walking away. “Let’s get to class.”

 

“What about Chen?” Junghan turned to look at Chen, who was still knocked out.

 

“Let him sleep it off.”

 

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

 

“How exactly did you find out about Mike?” Minseok asked Luhan as they walked down the halls.

 

“I’m very good at stalking.” Luhan casually said. “More importantly why the are you still dating him?”

 

“Well he’s a nice guy-”

 

“Bull!” Luhan spat. “He cheated on you Min!”

 

“He said he didn’t!” Minseok blushed. “Besides even if he did…”

 

“Even if he did what?” Luhan eyed his friend. “Look I saw with my own two eyes what he did, the guy is an and I think you should dump him and go for someone Hunnie and I approve of.”

 

“Did you tell Sehun?’ Minseok gasped, while walking he felt himself step on something soft when he looked down he shrieked. “CHEN?”

 

“Oh we approve of Chen! Unfortunately for you he’s dating Baekhyun and Chanyeol.” Luhan kept walking.

 

“No you come here!” Minseok knelt beside Chen and gently shook him. “Jongdae?”

 

“What the hell happened this time?” Luhan shook his head in disbelieve as he helped Minseok carry Chen to the nurse.

 

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

 

For anyone wondering my aunt (technically she’s my cousin but she and my mom are like the same age so…) is better! She had to have a surgery that removed all of things that allow us to make children so she was upset but realized that she didn’t want kids at her age anyway.

I also went to my first Pride event today! It was amazing!!! I mean I live in the Bible belt so while it was small it was amazing, I was able to find some ace stuff and everyone was really nice. I went with my two lesbian friends, one of them is gender fluid, and my best friend who’s an Ally…she drove us all haha.

So I have a few ideas for the next part.

We have:

  1. A XiuChen centered chapter (thank you bubble1765 for the idea!)
    1. This will feature Luhan and Baekhyun teaming up to bring Xiuchen together!
  2. A Taoris centered chapter with some ChenBaekYeol
    1. More jealous Xiumin and we see how Tao and Kris act around each other, maybe see Tao actually do his job.

So if you want to see one of those just comment the number, or message me. My inbox is open to everyone but if you have issues sending me a message without being my friend I accept almost every friend request.

Have a beautiful day and happy last few days of Pride month!

~Lizzy