One Year...ish

EXO High Shorts

I have re-written this maybe 50 times? It’s so embarrassing but it was going to be more cringy at first…let’s all be glad it changed.

 

I’m sorry.

 

o(〃^▽^〃)o

 

“Happy one year anniversary!” Kai shouted at Kyungsoo from across the hall. Kyungsoo face palmed as Kai came running over.

“Oh God why?” He muttered.

“We’ll see you later.” Tao laughed as he and Kris left Kyungsoo to be pulled into Kai’s chest.

“Happy one year!” Kai said again. Kyungsoo smiled against his chest before pulling away.

“Happy one year to you.” Kyungsoo leaned up and gently kissed Kai. Kai once again pulled Kyungsoo close and deepened the kiss.

“Break it up boys.” The two sprung apart to see Mrs. Byun standing there with a raised brow. “Kyungsoo I expect better from you.”

“Sorry mom.” Kyungsoo chuckled.

“Well it’s not like this is an everyday thing for you two so I’ll let it slide just this once.” Mrs. Byun let a rare smile grace her face. “Now have you seen Baekhyun?”

“No ma’am.” Kai said. “But I did see Chanyeol walking with Chen towards the rooftop.”

“Where there is Chanyeol and Chen there is Baekhyun and most likely Minseok.” She sighed. “Thank you Kai. Now if you two will excuse me I have to go make sure my son isn’t causing havoc.”

“Bye mom!” Kyungsoo waved as the woman walked off.

“She’s an awesome woman.” Kai noted. “She still scares me in class.”

“That’s because she’s a no nonsense woman who doesn’t deal with slackers like yourself.” Kyungsoo smiled.

“I’m deeply offended!” Kai said with mock betrayal written on his face. The hallways began to clear with the first bell going off. “How could you offend me so deeply on our anniversary?”

“Oh shut up and let’s get to class.” Kyungsoo laughed.

 

o(〃^▽^〃)o

 

“Oh Kyungsoo!”

Kyungsoo turned to see Baekhyun walking towards him. Baekhyun weaved through the halls at an expert pace and gracefully avoided the other students until he reached Kyungsoo.

“What do you want?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Well it’s been awhile and I was wondering if the bullying has stopped?” Baekhyun asked. The two walked side by side down the dimly lit halls. Outside rain poured down from the dark sky, occasionally lightning would light up the sky and someone would always jump as the bright light would catch them off guard.

“Well I still get glares from time to time but it’s definitely better than before.” Kyungsoo smiled at the ground. “It’s better now that your mom knows and yelled at half the school.”

“My mom is terrifying.” Baekhyun agreed. “But she’s a good person.”

“Your mom is basically my second mom.” Kyungsoo chuckled.

“I honestly think you’re her favorite child.” Baekhyun laughed.

“I’m everyone’s favorite child!” Kyungsoo smiled.

“It’s because you literally do nothing!” Baekhyun exclaimed. “You get great grades and you stare lovingly at your boyfriend…that’s all you do!”

“Excuse you but I cook as well!” Kyungsoo said. The two walked to the front of the school to see water flooding the road. The rain had no end in sight and thunder was now a constant rumble in the background.

“This weather’s pretty bad.” Baekhyun stated.

“Well no .” Kyungsoo deadpanned. “Seriously what the hell?”

“Sometimes you’re pretty mean you know?” Baekhyun nudged Kyungsoo playfully.

“It’s how I show my love.” Kyungsoo smiled.

“Are you a sadist or something?” Baekhyun raised a brow.

“Guys!” From the distance Luhan could be seen running towards the two.

“Are you applying that Kai is a masochist?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Is he?” Baekhyun retorted. He turned towards Kyungsoo and crossed his arms.

“Would you dare kink shame me?” Kyungsoo fired back. “Do you think that’s really all that safe?”

“Guys?” Luhan got even closer with a confused look on his face.

“Chanyeol won’t let you hurt me!” Baekhyun answered.

“You think Chanyeol can stop me?” Kyungsoo questioned. Kyungsoo stepped closer and the two started to stare the other down.

“What are you two talking about?” Luhan popped up between the two.

“Oh God!” Baekhyun grabbed his chest. Kyungsoo just glared at Luhan as he laughed.

“Are you two going to make out?” Luhan asked. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo slapped Luhan in the back of the head causing him to almost fall. “Hey!”

“I would never make out with this kid!” Kyungsoo said with a look of disgust on his face.

“I’m offended!” Baekhyun frowned.

“Well…if I must I’m gonna break the fourth wall for a minute and remind you that you did in the story Better Love.” Luhan said. “You al-”

“Okay save the promo for the in-between parts of this chapter.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “Try not to be that needy for views or comments on the other stories.”

“Well you gotta love that self-promo!” Luhan winked.

“You’re awful.” Kyungsoo groaned.

“Well some stories aren’t doing well!” Luhan tried to justify his actions.

“Maybe they just ?” Baekhyun suggested, he spoke words the author deeply considered before.

“A very real possibility.” Kyungsoo said.

“Well either way it’s time for that promo!” Luhan waved the other two off.

 

o(〃^▽^〃)o

 

“Well hello and welcome to the small self-promo part of this chapter!” Kris smiled. “Tao and I are here to introduce you to a few stories you might not know. Lizzy has written a lot while in a bad mood!”

“Yes…while in a depressive mood she signed up for an angst fic festival (the No Happy Endings fic fest!) and that’s the first story we’ll talk about!” Tao said. “The story is called Better Love and it has three versions! Only the first version is posted because it was the one that was submitted for the fest, the other two might get posted in the future if Lizzy ever feels like finishing them.”

“If you’re interested in Baeksoo, Kaisoo, Baekyeol, and Xiuchen this is the story for you! It was her first angst story but she’s proud of it.” Kris said excitedly. “Kyungsoo is the main character and his life is interesting and sad as Baekhu-”

“To avoid any spoilers, we’ll move on!” Tao covered Kris’s mouth. “Next we have The Boys in the River and boy is it different from how Lizzy usually writes. The official pairings are Kaisoo and Baekyeol but there might be a wink to a few more so look out for those.”

“The Boys in the River is also based off of the poem The Lady in Kicking Horse Reservoir by Richard Hugo.” Kris smiled. “Other than those two stories there is still Flares, Flares Shorts, and EXO’s Paranormal Investigators to look at!”

“Well this has been Kris and Tao!” Tao said. “Join us never again because Lizzy is really regretting this and she’s already embarrassed.”

 

o(〃^▽^〃)o

 

“It’s been a year…” Baekhyun said. He and Chanyeol were sitting in the drama room watching the underclassmen leave the room. Practice had just ended and Baekhyun was exhausted, it had been a long three hours of yelling.

“Not technically.” Chanyeol said. “The only thing that was posted a year ago was the description. The first part wasn’t even posted until late May.”

“Okay smart .” Baekhyun nudged Chanyeol. “It’s been a year for the concept.”

“Better.” Chanyeol kissed the top of Baekhyun’s head. “So where do you think we’ll go from here?”

“I’m not sure…maybe becoming seniors this year?” Baekhyun guessed. “I don’t really have any plans to leave yet.”

“Do you think people would be happy if we left?” Chanyeol asked. “I mean we’ve been here for a while.”

“People might be happy if we left but I wouldn’t. I haven’t done everything I’ve wanted to do!” Baekhyun said. “We still need to introduce some drama and there’s some stuff that I’m sure people want to see. I mean yeah last month was hard, nothing was done, insurance is a complete , and nothing is certain yet…but…but I’m not ready to go yet. I want to stay just a bit longer and maybe make some people laugh…or cringe but as long as I’m entertaining people I’m happy.”

“Then I guess we’re staying for a while.” Chanyeol smiled. “We’ll stay as long as people want us.”

“Good I’m not ready to leave yet.” Baekhyun hugged Chanyeol and a large smile covered his face.

“Insurance really is a .” Chanyeol commented.

“I know right?”  Baekhyun laughed.

“Guys I have to be in this at some point!” Chen said storming into the room.

“Not really people are tired of your drama and angst.” Baekhyun said. “They really want to see Suho and Lay if we’re being honest.”

“You don’t see them complaining do you?” Chanyeol asked.

“But I’m Lizzy’s bias so I have to be in everything!” Chen shouted. “Plus my angst and pain is the main focus of the story. On top of that Minseok and I were supposed to do the in-between promo thing!”

“Really I think this was supposed to be a small collection of stories without plot but sure believe what you want.” Baekhyun sighed.

“I only think it’s fair that Kris and Tao did it…when else are they supposed to appear?” Chanyeol asked. “The author’s note!?”

“Why not?” Chen asked.

“You’re ridiculous.” Chanyeol said. “Minseok, Suho, and Lay might not be in this at all at least you showed up.”

“Only by brute force!” Chen smiled.

“How does Minseok deal with you?” Baekhyun asked.

“How do we deal with him?” Chanyeol added.

“ you two!” Chen crossed his arms. “Besides Minseok, Suho, and Lay are all studying and who wants to read about studying?”

“True true…” Baekhyun agreed.

“What about people who just want to read about those three and don’t care what they do?” Chanyeol asked.

“Well…those people…can wait a few sentences then.” Baekhyun said.

“Wait really?” Chen asked.

“Yup!” Chanyeol winked.

 

o(〃^▽^〃)o

 

“So what’d you get for question five?” Minseok asked. Suho, Lay, and Minseok were all seated around a table with various books open.

“I got y equals twenty-four.” Suho said.

“We’ve been at this for a while.” Lay started. “I’ve also been thinking…what’s the point? We study for hours on end, work ourselves to death and for what? Kyungsoo to show up and get a one hundred with no problem or studying? Why do we even bother? Why not just do what Kai does and do nothing!?”

“Because I need to do well so my dad will let me take over his company.” Suho said. “You also need to do well if you want to become the VP like we talked about.”

“Lay is going with you?” Minseok asked.

“Well of course!” Suho exclaimed. “Lay is my first pick to help with the company. If we could it would be a joint ownership but…it’s already been forbidden.”

“Not by Suho’s father but by Suho’s grandfather.” Lay laughed. “Besides I don’t want that much responsibility.”

“What does the old man have to do with anything?” Minseok asked. He put his pencil down.

“Well…he’s terrifying to be honest with you.” Lay said and Suho nodded in agreement.

“My grandfather’s word is law in my family.” Suho explained. “He’s still in charge of most things with the company.”

“Well that is incredibly stupid.” Minseok said.

“Be as that may that’s the law of our family.” Suho shrugged. “Can’t do much about it.”

“I don’t mind, his grandfather is a good man and great at business.” Lay added. “Just…really scary”

“You’re too nice.” Minseok said.

“Not too nice just understanding.” Lay corrected. “His grandfather isn’t as bad as Suho makes him out to be.”

“He’s better than Kris’s dad that’s for sure.” Suho said. “Kris’s family is scary.”

“Yeah…I know.” Minseok said, his mind flashed to that night at Kris’s house. “Chen and I witnessed what his life is like.”

“And that was a training thing!” Suho yelled.

“I’m never going to his house ever again.” Minseok swore.

“Watch you’ll be there again soon.” Lay laughed. “Watch it’ll be the next part!”

“Don’t ing say that!” Minseok lunged at Lay and Suho screamed as he tried to part them.

 

o(〃^▽^〃)o

 

“Hi guys!” Sehun waved to a camera. “Today Luhan and I will be talking about some things.”

“Nothing too serious so don’t worry.” Luhan rushed to say. “We just want to talk to you guys, this video will be a bit more serious than the others.”

“First things first we are getting ready to put out a new line of merch which you can find here.” Sehun pointed to a random corner. “Or in the description box below.”

“Another thing to talk about is how grateful we are. I don’t think we say it enough but everyone here is incredibly grateful for every view and every comment.” Luhan took a deep breath. “Things haven’t always been easy but every time we feel like giving up on this we go back and read our comments. I know most creators say this but all creators are so thankful for any and all feedback.”

“I know you guys are going to hate me for saying this but we wouldn’t be here without you.” Sehun smiled.

“I’ll be sure to leave my own angry comment for that!” Luhan teased.

“So rude!” Sehun gasped. “Do you all see what I have to live with!?”

“Oh shut up you love me.” Luhan leaned over and kissed Sehun’s cheek.

“Unfortunately I do.” Sehun sighed. “Well we’ll see you all next week for our next video!”

“Bye bye!” Luhan and Sehun waved as the screen turned black.

 

o(〃^▽^〃)o

 

I’M BACK BABY! My mom never sent me to a hospital like I asked her to instead she wanted to get me a new counselor. My insurance company was being too slow for that so my mom’s coverage at her work is paying for a few sessions until my insurance takes over. I met with my new counselor and she immediately sent me to the ER because of my suicidal thoughts and I was discharged after being referred to a psychiatrist. Long story short she’s a much nicer counselor and soon I’ll get a proper diagnosis and new medication that should work.

Anyway, thank you all for the amazing comments! They made me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. I truly am so so sooo thankful for everyone. Because of you all I’m going to try to continue this story until you are all sick of it (you might want me to stop after how embarrassing this is).

This story does have some form of multi-chaptered plot coming up believe it or not! I do have some plans coming up that aren’t as funny but will have their moments because of characters like Baekhyun and Luhan. I hope I didn’t make you cringe too much and that you still like the story!

Have a beautiful day!

~Lizzy