4th of July Surprise

EXO High Shorts

I know this is late but DemonicHuman said I should post it anyway so a big thank you for encouraging this!

 

o(〃^▽^〃)o

 

“Channie it’s storming!” Baekhyun whined. The twelve friends were seated around Chen’s living room on a gloomy looking 4th of July.

 

“Really?” Kyungsoo asked. “We couldn’t tell dip.”

 

“No reason to be rude Kyungie!” Luhan said pinching his cheek, Kyungsoo swatted his hands away and glared at the other.

 

“Yeah, no reason to be rude Kyungie!” Baekhyun stuck his tongue out at Kyungsoo and avoided the pillow that was thrown his way (unfortunately Kai didn’t see said pillow coming and was hit in the head with the weapon).

 

“Sorry Kai!” Kyungsoo blushed a bit.

 

“I don’t mind getting hit in the head as long as it’s you hitting me Kyungsoo.” Kai winked.

 

“Ooooh that’s a good line!” Everyone turned to see Mrs. Fox walking into the room with Chen’s mother. “I should use that!”

 

“Hi mama.” Chen called from the couch.

 

“Hi mom!” Chanyeol and Baekhyun said at the same time.

 

“Hello Mrs. Kim, Mrs. Fox.” Minseok said warmly.

 

“Hello boys.” Mrs. Kim laughed.

 

“Today will be an inspirational day I can already tell!” Mrs. Fox beamed. “So many plays to write, and I can get all my inspiration from these boys today at your party!”

 

“Please no.” Kyungsoo’s voice came out in a squeak.

 

“Please yes!” Baekhyun grinned. “I love hearing what Channie and Chen have to say about them.”

 

“You only say yes because you don’t have her as a teacher.” Kris frowned.

 

“You don’t have her as a teacher either!” Baekhyun countered.

 

“True…it would be funny to see for plays that embarrass the others…” A creepy smile made its way onto Kris’s face. He and Baekhyun high fived. “Write plays to your hearts content!”

 

“Asshat.” Kyungsoo muttered.

 

“I’m also okay with this.” Tao smiled.

 

“YOU DON’T HAVE HER AS A TEACHER EITHER!” Chen, Lay and Kyungsoo screamed.

 

“Your point?” Tao asked.

 

“I hate you.” Chen muttered.

 

“I think you secretly love me.” Tao winked, Chen threw a pillow at him and glared.

 

“Chen!” Baekhyun mocked anger. “How dare you love someone other than Chanyeol or myself!”

 

“We trusted you!” Chanyeol cried as Baekhyun clung to him.

 

“…I hate you all.” Chen pouted.

 

“Poor Chennie!” Minseok chuckled.

 

“Shut it Min.” Chen blushed and looked out the window.

 

“Wait why do you hate everyone but Minseok?” Baekhyun teased, this time Chen threw his shoe and it hit Baekhyun in the gut. “Got it. Shutting up.”

 

“Chen teach me your ways of getting him to shut up.” Kyungsoo said wide eyed.

 

“You don’t wanna know most ways of getting him to shut up.” Chanyeol winked, Baekhyun blushed a dark red and elbowed Chanyeol’s stomach.

 

“So Minseok.” Luhan turned to his friend slowly.

 

“What?”

 

“How’s the boyfriend?” Luhan asked.

 

“Oh yes a few things about that!” Minseok glared at Luhan.

 

“Wait Luhan knows him?” Kyungsoo whispered.

 

“And what are those few things?” Luhan questioned with an innocent tone.

 

“Don’t be rude Lulu.” Sehun warned.

 

“One, you. Two, you. Three, we’re just fine. And finally four, you.” Minseok smiled sweetly. Chen, who had gotten up to get Baekhyun and Lay a drink, tripped and stub his toe on the wall. Chen sank to the ground holding his foot as silent tears fell from his eyes.

 

“Chen I swear if I have to drive you to the hospital one more time this month!” Mrs. Kim’s voice rang through the house.

 

 

“If he gets hurt I’ll drive him!” Chanyeol hollered back.

 

“Thanks dear, why don’t you pay the bill while you’re at it?” Mrs. Kim walked into the living room to check on her son.

 

 

“That’s too much even for me.” Chanyeol laughed.

 

“Would you pay for me if I was in the hospital?” Baekhyun asked batting his eyes.

 

“Say yes and I’ll chop your balls off.” Chen threatened. Mrs. Kim helped Chen up as she shook her head.

 

“Minseok your mother is a lucky woman.” She suddenly said.

 

“Why’s that?” Minseok asked.

 

“She doesn’t have to put up with his bull.” Mrs. Kim sighed. Chen looked betrayed as everyone else laughed in shock. “Honestly I blame your father.”

 

“Mama!” Chen cried.

 

“Don’t you Mama me.” She sassed. “When the rest of our family gets here lead them to the other room.”

 

“Yes Mama.” Chen said dejectedly as she walked out.

 

“Not even my mom is that sassy.” Baekhyun said. “And she raised me to have my attitude!”

 

“At least he admits he’s an .” Tao muttered

 

“Your mom is my hero.” Kyungsoo admitted.

 

“Let’s never talk about this again.” Chen growled as he stalked back to his seat in-between Minseok and Baekhyun.

 

“But it’s funny!” Baekhyun whined.

 

“Chen your mom is really funny!” Kai praised. “My mom just shakes her head whenever I do something.”

 

“It’s because your mother is over you.” Sehun laughed.

 

“Like your mom is any better…” Kai muttered.

 

“My mom spoils me, I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Sehun pretended to flip his hair.

 

 

o(〃^▽^〃)o

 

 

“So Baekhyun.” Luhan sat down next to Baekhyun on his blanket. It had gotten dark and when the rain stopped everyone went outside to set up blankets and chair to watch the fireworks.

 

“Yes Lulu?” Baekhyun raised a brow and looked behind Luhan. “…and Sehun?”

 

“So you know who Minseok is dating right?” Luhan asked.

 

“Yes, I found out when I stole Chen’s phone one day.” Baekhyun admitted.

 

“Well do I have some news for you!” Luhan smiled.

 

“What news?” Minseok asked as he plopped down next to Luhan.

 

“Oh just that we want to interview Baekhyun next for our second channel!” Luhan easily lied.

 

“Your viewers are crazy.” Minseok shuddered. “I can’t believe they asked those questions!”

 

“Welcome to the minds of fangirls!” Sehun said with jazz hands.

 

“Their minds need to be cleaned…with holy water…for the rest of their lives.” Minseok pouted.

 

“At least you didn’t get the questions they asked Kyungsoo.” Sehun laughed.

 

“What did they ask Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun asked, by this time the other eight showed up and all found a seat.

 

“Most of his question were about Kai!” Luhan laughed, he wrapped an arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulders and pulled him close.

 

“They tweet me a lot now…asking about Kai.” Kyungsoo growled.

 

“And the best thing about this is that he answers the questions!” Sehun laughed. “Like Kai and I will be hanging out and suddenly Kyungsoo will text Kai all these questions about him! Kai gets so excited.”

 

“I DO NOT!” Kyungsoo roared.

 

“I have the texts to prove it.” Kai teased. Kyungsoo glared at Kai but made no move to throw anything at him.

 

“Short line meeting!” Kyungsoo stood up and pulled Suho and Minseok into the house and up to Chen’s room.

 

“Did he just steal Beagle line and replace it with short line?” Chen asked.

 

“Why aren’t Chen and I included in this short line?’ Baekhyun asked looking offended.

 

 

o(〃^▽^〃)o

 

 

“You can’t pull us away every time Kai frustrates you.” Minseok sighed as he sat on Chen’s bed.

 

“Man you and Chen really go back.” Suho said, he picked up a picture of Chen and Minseok sitting on a blanket. “How old are you two here?”

 

“Let’s see…I think we were two?” Minseok inspected the picture. “He may not seem like it but Chen likes to keep physical pictures of memories the he loves.”

 

“What happened in that picture?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“That was the first time we ever met.” Minseok smiled. “Our moms have been friends for a long time so it was only natural that we would meet and become close.”

 

“Who’s that?” Kyungsoo pointed at a recent picture of Chen and a short blonde hugging tightly.

 

“That’s Chen and his cousin, Hunny.” Minseok laughed. “Hunny is Mrs. Fox’s youngest son.”

 

“Are they close in age?” Suho asked.

 

“Yeah, Hunny is a senior this year.” Minseok laughed at their shocked faces. “Any other picture you’re curious about?”

 

“This picture.” Suho handed Minseok a picture with Chen, Minseok and Baekhyun. Chen was in the middle with a blush as Minseok and Baekhyun both kissed his cheek.

 

“That was when we were eight.” Minseok smiled at the picture. “Chanyeol was actually the one that took it.”

 

“Why wasn’t he in it?” Suho asked.

 

“When Baekhyun, Chen and I met Chanyeol he was really shy and awkward.” Minseok laughed. “He didn’t want to be in many pictures.”

 

“What happened to him?” As Kyungsoo asked this they heard Chanyeol’s deep laughter. “Seriously what happened to him?”

 

“He took a liking to Baekhyun.” Minseok smiled. “You guys met Chanyeol in middle school so you didn’t see him before meeting Baekhyun.”

 

“Such a different person…” Kyungsoo marveled, Kyungsoo started digging around the room.

 

“Well I’m gonna head back out there.” Minseok stood up and quickly left the room. “Don’t stay up here too long.” Suho stood up as well and stretched.

 

“How about we also get out there?” Suho looked over at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was standing by the window and “Kyungsoo?”

 

“Suho come look at this.” Kyungsoo handed Suho the paper he was looking at.

 

“Oh my God.” Suho went wide eyed as he read the paper.

 

 

o(〃^▽^〃)o

 

 

“Ready?” Mrs. Kim asked the guests. Everyone screamed yes and the light show began.

 

“So cool!” Kyungsoo smiled.

 

“Amazing!” Kai agreed, Kyungsoo looked at Kai in awe as the different colors flashed on his face. Kyungsoo blushed before turning back to the sky.

 

“Truly amazing.” Kyungsoo whispered.

 

“Sehun look at that one!” Luhan pointed excitedly as one blew up and then fizzled down.

 

“Looks cool!” Sehun kissed Luhan’s cheek and then pulled out his vloging camera and started filming himself. “Today we’re shooting off fireworks at Chen’s place. They’re really pretty!”

 

“Hello!” Minseok smiled at the camera.

 

“Hi guys!” Luhan waved to the camera. “I wish you could all be here to watch.”

 

“Speak for yourself.” The camera turned to film Chen who was being squished between Baekhyun and Chanyeol. “My house can’t hold five million people, there are too many of you!”

 

“This house can hold as many people as you wish it to hold.” Baekhyun muttered half asleep, he cuddled closer to Chen for warmth and Chanyeol tightened his hold on both of them.

 

“Awe.” Lay cooed. “Suho look at how cute they are!”

 

“Yeah…cute.” Suho forced a smile and turned to the sky. “Look at this one Lay.”

 

“Kris your parents want you to come home soon.” Tao whispered to Kris.

 

“Already?” Kris looked at Tao sadly. “Can’t you-”

 

“No I can’t, your father was the one to text me.” Tao stood up. “So get your lazy up!”

 

“Fine…” Kris brushed his pants off and stood up. “We should probably tell Chen we’re leaving.”

 

“I’ll tell him it’s fine!” the two males turned to see a short boy. “I’m Chen’s cousin, Hunny!”

 

“Oh!” Tao looked surprised. “Well thank you.”

 

“It’s no problem really!” Hunny smiled at them warmly.

 

“Wait…if you’re Chen’s cousin…does that mean…” Kris’s eyes widened.

 

“Is Mrs. Fox your mother?” Tao asked.

 

“Yup!” Hunny smiled. “If your next question is asking about my age I will tell you that I’m a senior this year!”

 

“…I really don’t believe this.” Kris said bluntly.

 

“Believe it or not it’s the truth!” Hunny waved to them one last time before walking away to sit in a tall man’s lap.

 

“Well…Chen’s family is…”

 

“Interesting.” Tao finished for Kris. Tao checked his phone and a squeak came out of his mouth. “ we gotta go!”

 

 

o(〃^▽^〃)o

 

 

Hello!

So this was just a cute little short thing that I had fun writing! If any of you know the anime Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi I was writing this while Crunchyroll would play ads for the anime…I love that anime…but I like Junjou Romantica more…my favorite is either Gravitation, Love Stage or Junjou Romantica. (Do any of you watch …or anime actually?) Anyway…

For the results of the voting thing for the next part…

  1. 2 votes
  2. 3 votes

I’ve decided that because the voting was so close that I’ll do both in a two part chapter of sorts! Seeing the way the voting went I’ll start with the Taoris and then Xiuchen!

Thank you all so much for voting and giving me your input! I love talking with everyone in the comments, it’s a lot of fun talking to people (I’m a severe introvert and can only communicate to new people easily via internet (I stutter a lot)).

Please don’t forget that this story is just little shorts I think of and that suggestions are always welcome!

Have a beautiful day!

~Lizzy

P.S. Would you guys find it fun if I made an ask the character thing? You could ask/tell/threaten any character from any story I've written...even ask me stuff if you wanted. But I've always wanted to write one so if I made one would you guys submit questions or anything like that?

 

Next time:

Diary of a Body Guard