Operation: Who is Minseok Dating?

EXO High Shorts

Warning:

This chapter mentions polyamorous relationships and Panuality.

If any of these make you uncomfortable I recommend skipping this part

and waiting for the next part sometime next week.

If you’re cool with that enjoy!


 

“Hey Minnie?” Luhan asked at lunch a few days after the shipping issue. “Can I ask you something on behalf of everyone here.”

“Okay, but only because you are eating with us today for the first time this week instead of with Sehun.” Minseok nodded, Kyungsoo laughed behind his glass of water, Suho and Lay laughed openly.

“I’m just gonna ignore that , but on behalf of this table, Sehun’s table, the Drama Club’s table and every other table in this school who the are you dating Kim Minseok?” Luhan spoke louder with each word until he was yelling and standing on his chair to point at Minseok.

“Yeah who are you dating?” A random voice called out.

“Are you even gay?” A feminine voice yelled.

“Mrs. Fox aren’t you going to stop this?” A student asked the teacher on duty.

“Shh I’m just as curious as everyone else.” Came her reply.

“Well I am gay, just like my other friends here.” Minseok smiled, a loud groan could be heard from a few girls.

“Lies I’m panual!” Kyungsoo announced, those few girls that groaned were suddenly beaming.

“And as for who I’m dating that is a mystery.” Minseok winked

“Why can’t you just tell us?” Suho asked, Minseok looked around the lunch room and smiled.

“Is your boyfriend still in the closet?” Lay suddenly asked, everyone at the table oohed.

“No he’s not, we just like to with everyone’s mind.” Minseok giggled before pulling out his phone to text his mystery lover. “It’s honestly someone you would never expect.”

“That kid?” Luhan pointed at some random boy who was walking by holding a lunch tray.

“No, I don’t even know who that is.” Minseok eyed the boy. “Yeah no clue.”

“That’s Kim Key boyfriend of Kim Jonghyun, friend of Lee Jinki, you know him as Onew, friend of Choi Minho, boyfriend of Lee Taemin, cousin of Kai.” Suho explained.

“Okay I know you’re student council president but the fact that you know all that is creepy.” Minseok shook his head.

“Onew’s name isn’t Onew!?” Lay asked wide eyed, he looked around the table confused.

“While that isn’t our point how did you not know that was his name!?” Luhan asked in a state of disbelief. “You’ve gone to school with him for, what, ten years now?”

“We’ve been in the same school since daycare.” Lay admitted. “Is there any other people whose names I don’t know?”

“Well Chen’s real name is Jongdae.” Minseok pointed out.

“That’s my name.” The table turned to see Chen standing behind Minseok holding his lunch tray with a smirk. “Now don’t wear it out.” He added with a wink.

“Are you planning on dropping that today?” Kyungsoo asked sweetly.

“Those boxes were ing heavy and Baek made me hold them for what felt like hours!” Chen defended. “Not my fault.”

“Sure it wasn’t.” Kyungsoo said sarcastically. Chen looked like he was about to say something but just walked off instead.

“Chen don’t forget to do your half of the project!” Minseok called out to the boy who was expertly weaved through the tables, lunch intact.

“You and Chen have a project together?” Suho asked.

“Yeah it’s for chemistry.” Minseok shrugged and went back to eating. The rest shrugged it off and continued with idle lunch conversations.

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

“I STILL DON’T FORGIVE YOU!” Baekhyun screamed as Chen walked over with his lunch. Chen put the tray down in front of Baekhyun and slumped into a chair.

“I said I was sorry.” Chen muttered, he pointed at the lunch in front of Baekhyun with a sigh. “I even bought you the most expensive lunch they have here.”

“Those were expensive tools that I needed to finish the costumes for the club.” Baekhyun pouted.

“Chanyeol control your puppy.” Chen said dismissively as he pulled his phone out. “I can’t this time.”

“Are you texting your mystery crush?” Baekhyun asked, he tried to lean over to look at Chen’s phone but he just locked it and put it away.

“Baekie can’t we just leave him in peace?” Chanyeol asked, he pulled his boyfriend into his lap and started whispering in his ear.

“I’d rather not hear about what you plan to do with him in the drama room later thank you.” Chen deadpanned, he sighed and looked across the lunchroom.

“Then go eat with your Kris and Tao.” Baekhyun sassed before kissing Chanyeol and wrapping his arms around Chanyeol’s neck.

“Thanks asshat.” Chen chuckled before getting up, Baekhyun and Chanyeol waved at their friend without stopping their makeout session.

Chen walked out of the lunchroom and walked to the roof before sending a text. He sat and stared at the sky in silence with a smile, Chen had enjoyed the rooftop for three years now and it never failed to impress him. The rooftop held a lot of memories for Chen; the first Beagle Line meeting, the first time he beat Baekhyun in a high note competition, the time he almost fell off the roof, the time he caught a cold from being on the roof in the rain, the time he broke his nose running from a furious Baekhyun and it’s also where Chen decided to help his crush out freshman year.

“You haven’t been waiting long have you?” Chen turned around and when he saw the man in front of him, a large smile overtook his face.

“Not at all babe.” He replied with a wink.

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

“Okay I need to know who Minseok is dating and my source hasn’t found anything!” Kyungsoo complained to Lay after school.

“Well who’s your source?” Lay asked. “It can’t be Tao because he has no free time, dealing with Kris and the martial arts club.”

“It’s not Tao, it’s actually someone that you’d never expect to do something nice for me.” Kyungsoo chuckled.

“Please tell me you didn’t ask Baekhyun!” Lay asked wide eyed.

“No, not Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo sneered at the thought. “It’s Chen.”

“Oh. I like Chen, he’s nice.” Lay nodded his head. “He helped me in choir last last year.”

“He’s nicer than Baekhyun, that’s for sure.’ Kyungsoo agreed. “Chen is even willing to do it for free because he’s just as curious as we are.”

“How funny would it be if Chen was dating our Minnie.” Lay laughed, Kyungsoo shook his head.

“Minne wouldn’t date someone like him.” Kyungsoo said with confidence. “Chen is too loud and...and...uh...well our Minnie is too good for the drama club’s president’s friend!”

“I think they’d make a great match.” Lay shrugged. “But then again I think you and Kai would make a great match.”

“We aren’t talking about me or Kai.” Kyungsoo said firmly.

“That would be Kai or myself.” Minseok ran up to the friends still in his practice clothes. “Thanks for waiting on me.”

“Anytime.” Kyungsoo shrugged. “How was practice?”

“It was good, Luhan was in a good mood so he didn’t try to make the team run twenty laps today.” Minseok smiled. “We only ran eight.”

“Jesus what kind of monster is Luhan?” Kyungsoo asked wide eyed.

“He must really want you guys to win state.” Lay guessed, the three started walking to Mrs. Fox’s room.

“Yeah, but I mean he’s the first junior to ever be a captain and he wants to prove himself.” Minseok said with a hand gesture. “Now Kyungsoo, care to explain how you ended up being the one lock Mrs. Fox’s room everyday.”

“I tried giving her keys back to her the day after she told me she shipped Kai and I but she said that I could just lock her classroom everyday.” Kyungsoo shrugged.

“Why did you want us to come with you?” Lay asked, they reached their destination and Kyungsoo began looking for the right key.

“In case I run into Baekhyun again...I don’t want to be out numbered like last time.” Kyungsoo said under his breath.

“Wasn’t Chen just carrying boxes that time?” Minseok laughed.

“You sure mention Chen a lot…” Kyungsoo said, he was suddenly uncertain of his earlier statement and he began to think of all that happened the past three years. “Is Chen your boyfriend?”

“Nope!” Minseok smirked. “I can see why you’d think that though, but are parents are close friends so we grew up together and we’re fairly close as well.”

“Closer than us?” Lay questioned.

“Well to be honest, probably” Minseok said. Kyungsoo finally found the right key and they walked silently to their cars. When alone in his car Kyungsoo pulled out his phone and sent a message to Chen.

To: Jongdass

From: Supreme Overlord

It’s time to get serious. Operation: Who is Minseok Dating?

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

“Okay so let’s get this straight.” Baekhyun said as he read through Chen’s messages. “You have had a crush on Minseok for years but you’ve been helping him hide his relationship with this Mike guy?”

“Yeah...Mike is the star soccer player from a few towns over and they mostly hide their relationship because of Luhan.” Chen admitted.

“That explains why you dropped the boxes then.” Baekhyun said, Chen blushed and muttered a sorry. “Sorry doesn’t cover it! Just because you saw Minseok and the rest of the soccer team running shirtless doesn’t mean you get to drop all my !”

“I said I was sorry.” Chen muttered.

“I know and I guess I’ll forgive you this time.” Baekhyun sighed. “So you’ve been doing this for three years now?”

“Yup, but I think they’re starting to grow apart.” Chen gave a little smile.

“What makes you say that?” Baekhyun asked, he plopped down on Jongdae’s bed and looked out the window.

“Well Minseok lives next door right?” Baekhyun nodded. “Well sometimes when he comes over all they do is fight, I can hear it pretty well from here.”

“This might be your chance then!” Baekhyun beamed sitting up. “But first, how old is Mike and is he nice?”

“He’s a senior this year and he’s pretty nice, I’ve never seen him be mean and he’s nice to me.” Chen said defeated. “So it’s hard to hate him, in fact I can’t hate him.”

“So he’s older and a gentleman...this will be hard.” Baekhyun got up and paced around Chen’s room.

“I never said he was a gentleman.” Chen said. “And what will be hard? You aren’t going to try to break them up are you?”

“So does that mean Minnie isn’t a ?” Baekhyun stopped in his tracks. “And not I my friend but we.”

“I’m not at liberty to say if he is or isn’t.” Chen  slowly said. “And wait we? As in you and I?”

“And Channie!” Baekhyun winked. “I’m just gonna guess he isn’t a and the day you came to school looking like a zombie while Minseok was glowing was the night he lost it.”

“You remember that?” Chen asked clearly impressed.

“Of course I do! Channie and I had a bet to see if you two were dating.” Baekhyun grinned.

“Who won?” Chen eyed his friend.

“Well I owe him twenty bucks and a right now so guess who won.” Baekhyun frowned at his friend.

“Why did I need to know that?” Chen whinned.

“Because we allow you to live through our relationship seeing as you have no one.” Baekhyun teased. “In fact if you don’t want to be a I’m sure Channie wouldn’t mind a !”

“OH MY GOD SHUT UP RIGHT NOW!” Chen threw all his pillows at his friend, who managed to dodge them all.

“Oh look Minseok is home.” Baekhyun waved out the window, Chen turned and also waved at Minseok (who smiled and waved back) but was soon tackled to his bed by Baekhyun.

“What the fu-” Chen started but was quickly interrupted when Baekhyun leaned down close so their noses were touching.

“Listen starting tomorrow Chanyeol and I will act like we have an open relationship with you and we’re gonna start making Minseok jealous.” Baekhyun whispered into Chen’s ear. “I would act like we alone are in a relationship to make him jealous but we’re the Beagle Line, and I love both you and Chanyeol.”

“But he doesn’t even like me.” Chen protested, Baekhyun shook his head and looked to the window.

“If he didn’t like you then why does he look like he wants to murder me right now?” Baekhyun smirked.

“Uhh...I don’t know.” Chen tried to sit up but was pushed down by Baekhyun again, Baekhyun sat up and stared down at his friend.

“Because he likes you silly!” Baekhyun ruffled Chen’s hair. “I’m sure he doesn’t even like Mike anymore.”

“Well last week they said I love you to each other.” Chen said, a frown gracing his face again.

“I love you doesn’t always mean it, he could have been lying.” Baekhyun eyed the window again before leaning down.

“But when they aren’t fighting they look so happy.” Chen said looking defeated.

“Are they fighting or having arguments?” Baekhyun was suddenly serious. “My parents told me that the key to a good relationship aren’t screaming matches, punches or slaps but healthy arguments. Arguments that calmly discuss something wrong in the relationship and then fix it. That’s why Chanyeol and I never have ‘fights’ instead we talk things out and if it get’s too heated we go to different rooms for ten minutes then try again.”

“That’s oddly mature coming from you.” Chen said, he slowly put his hands on Baek’s waist as a sign of agreement. Baekhyun sat up again and grinned.

“Good now we the goal isn’t to break them up, that will happen on it’s own in time given your information, but to get Minseok so jealous that he snaps.” Baekhyun pulled his phone out to text Chanyeol. “Chanyeol’s okay with this and he’s on his way over.”

“You two are great friends.” Chen smiled, he sat up and hugged Baekhyun.

“You do know that this means you have to be okay with kissing both Chanyeol and myself right?” Baekhyun kissed Chen’s cheek. “We’ve been friends longer so you’re okay with kissing me right?”

“You were my first kiss, you do remember that right?” Chen reminded. “I was the person you experimented with when you weren’t sure if you were gay.”

“Oh yeah...good times.” Baekhyun laughed. “You know Minseok is still there staring at us right?”

“Is he okay?” Chen asked suddenly worried for the other.

“He’s fine, just looks mad.” Baekhyun shrugged. The door opened and Chanyeol walked in, he pulled his jacket off and sat on the bed behind Chen.

“So are we really about to fake this?” Chanyeol asked, Baekhyun nodded and Chen shrugged.

“Operation: Make Minseok Jealous shall begin!” Baekhyun announced before crashing his lips to Chen’s.

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

“I CAN’T BELIEVE IT!” Minseok ranted to Kyungsoo the next day.

“Why do you care? You aren’t dating him.” Kyungsoo asked, not looking up from his book.

“I-I know!” Minseok stuttered. “I’m just shocked.”

“Hey guys did you hear that Baekhyun and Chanyeol invited Chen into their relationship!?” Tao came running up with Kris behind him. “Chen looks the happiest he’s ever been.”

“I’ve never seen him this happy!” Kris agreed.

“Here they come.” Kyungsoo said finally looking up from his book. The four turned their heads as the three walked past, Chen and Chanyeol hold Baekhyun’s hands as they walked. Baekhyun kissed Chen’s cheek and then laughed at his blush.

“I’m glad he’s happy.” Minseok muttered before stalking off.

“I guess my plan will have to wait a while.” Kyungsoo sighed.

“What plan?” Tao asked, the three started walking towards their first class.

“Oh nothing.” Kyungsoo sighed.

Poor Kyungsoo

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

Why? I don’t know myself.

Originally this was going to be straight up Chenmin but then...I don’t know I started listening to ballads as I wrote and I was watching a sad movie earlier and this happened.

I’m actually nervous about posting this because of the polyamorous relationship and Kyungsoo being pan, I know for some people it’s a touchy subject but I think they’re both fine...I mean I’m aual myself and pretty accepting of most things so it doesn’t bug me...so sorry if it does bug you.

Also if I miswrite any scenes for any ualitly/orientation please let me know and I’ll fix it immediately!

Have a beautiful day!

~Lizzy

 

Next time:

A Day in the Life of Sehun