Looking Back & Walking Forward

EXO High Shorts

“Okay so remember when Kyungsoo and I first met?” Baekhyun slurred, he pointed a bottle of beer at Kyungsoo. The twelve had all gotten together at Sehun’s apartment on a Friday night, and needless to say they were all extremely drunk.

“How could we not?” Lay scoffed. “It was so loud and the school had to call the fire station.”

“Man you’re a when drunk.”  Kris laughed. “I thought Luhan was a .”

“At least I’m not emo!” Luhan hissed, he eyed Minseok before stealing Sehun’s beer.

“Don’t drag Minnie into this!” Suho gasped. Minseok pulled away from Chen long enough to pout at everyone before Chen reconnected their lips.

“Those two are disgusting.” Sehun frowned.

“But they’re happy!” Baekhyun sang. “Look at those two!”

“I mean…I guess.” Sehun scratched his head.

“Hey guys remember when we all met Chen?” Kai asked, he let out a small hiccup before continuing. “That was a fun day!”

“That was also the day you got meet Chan, Minnie and myself!” Baekhyun gestured to the sleeping Chanyeol and the couple who were still kissing. Baekhyun took his shoe off and threw it at the couple, it hit Minseok in the head and the force knocked them over. “Talk to us.”

“Fine fine.” Chen said as he and Minseok sat up. “I’m sorry Minnie just tastes so good.”

“You two are gross.” Luhan said.

“Thanks Lulu!” Chen winked and dodged the pillow Luhan threw. “Anyway what were you saying about meeting me?”

“It was a crazy day!” Kai grinned, Kyungsoo cooed and patted the top of Kai’s head.

“You two are so cute!” Baekhyun gushed.

“Wait how did you all meet?” Tao asked. “Kris and I met you guys freshman year.”

“Oh yeah, you two came from China!” Minseok gasped.

“Tell us the story!” Kris slurred, he leaned on Tao’s shoulder and sipped his drink.

“Okay well this was in sixth grade!” Baekhyun began.

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

“Hunny make sure you watch out for everyone!” Mrs. Kim said as her van doors opened. Minseok, Chen, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Hunny stepped out of the car.

“I will Auntie!” Hunny smiled. He made his four friends all hold hands and they walked across the street together into the school.

“Hunny this place is big!” Chen said in awe, Minseok nodded and held onto Chen’s hand tighter.

“It is.” Hunny agreed, he looked around for his own friends. “Luckily for you guys you just have to find your way around two halls of this place.”

“If we have two halls what’s the rest for?” Chanyeol asked, Hunny spotted his friends and waved them over.

“Well this part of the school is for us middle schoolers but over there in the really big building is the high school!” Hunny smiled, his friends reached the other group.

“Hi Hunny!” A tall blonde smiled.

“Hi Tamaki!” Hunny waved at his friends before turning to Chen. “Okay so you know where to take everyone?”

“Yup!” Chen saluted Hunny and the others laughed.

“Hunny your cousin is adorable!” Said a girl with short hair.

“I’m not adorable!” Chen pouted, Minseok awed at the younger.

“Sure you are Dae!” Baekhyun patted Chen’s cheeks. “You’re really adorable! But you’re still far from Chanyeol’s level of adorableness!”

“I assume you’re Chanyeol?” A red haired boy leaned on Chanyeol’s shoulder.

“He must be if he’s blushing that much?” Another red haired boy leaned on his other shoulder.

“Leave the poor boy alone!” Tamaki shooed the twins away.

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

“Okay wait…” Kris interrupted. “What does that have to do with you all meeting?”

“I’m telling you the intro to it right now!” Baekhyun whined.

“Well you’re taking too long!” Tao groaned.

“Yeah it’s too long!” Kyungsoo agreed, Kai had his head in Kyungsoo’s lap and was almost asleep. “By the time you finish the story this idiot will be asleep.”

“You two are awfully touchy feely today.” Baekhyun accused. “Are you two…?”

“No!” Kyungsoo growled. “Look let’s just move on.”

“Move onto what?” Baekhyun asked, he finished the rest of his drink in one swig.

“Well…” Tao thought for a second. “How about truth or dare?”

“No there are too many of us.” Minseok said, Luhan voiced his agreement.

“How about we just play truth or dare with Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun asked with a smirk.

“That’s not how the game is-” Kyungsoo tried to stop them but everyone else agrred to play Kyungsoo Truth or Dare.

“Okay so truth or dare?” Chen asked.

“Fine! Dare.” Kyungsoo pouted. Kai sat up to watch.

“I dare you to kiss Kai!” Chen giggled.

“What are you, twelve?” Sehun scoffed. “Weak.”

“Don’t be an .” Minseok glared, Luhan started to say something in return when Kyungsoo surprised them all.

“Okay.” Kyungsoo turned towards Kai with a smile.

“Okay?” Baekhyun yelled. “No complaining? No shoe throwing!?”

“Nope, Kai’s hot.” Kyungsoo leaned forward and kissed Kai quickly. “Next I chose…truth.”

“I’ll go!” Luhan announced. “Tell us a secret that no one knows about you!”

“Well…I have a secret that one person knows about.” Kyungsoo said slowly.

“I thought you didn’t want to tell them.” Kai whispered.

“Oh! I’m sorry, I have two secrets.” Kyungsoo corrected.

“Well tell us one of them!” Lay demanded.

“Okay…so…I’m a panromantic…aual!” Kyungsoo closed his eyes once the last word left his mouth.

“That’s cool.” Kris said. “I respect that.”

“That means you don’t feel ual attraction right?” Minseok asked.

“Y-yeah.” Kyungsoo said. “But…you guy don’t hate me?”

“Why would we…hate you?” Chen asked.

“We could never hate our squishy!” Lay grinned.

“Squishy?” Kyungsoo asked.

“You are our squishy!” Baekhyun leaned over and poked his cheeks.

“So cute.” Kai cooed and started his hair.

“Oooh can I go now?’ Baekhyun grinned. “Truth or dare Kyungie!”

“Don’t call me that,” Kyungsoo glared. “Dare.”

“Okay…” Baekhyun paused for dramatic effect. “I dare you to date Kai!”

“Oooh!” Suho said.

“What’s he gonna say?” Kris wondered.

“He better say yes!” Tao said.

“Guys it’s a dare…” Luhan deadpanned.

“He has to say yes.” Lay said. “Don’t be so dumb.”

“Wait now Lay and Suho are the only single ones…” Chen pointed out, Lay and Suho looked at each other before turning away with blushes.

“How much is the betting pool at know Baekie?” Minseok asked.

“Hold on!” Baekhyun hissed. “Let Kyungie answer.”

The group looked back at Kyungsoo only to find him in Kai’s lap as the two furiously made out. Chanyeol was shaken awake and all ten were staring, Chen had pulled his phone out and started to take pictures and videos of the event.

“There’s your answer now where is mine?” Minseok sassed.

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

“I can’t believe that Kyungsoo is actually dating Kai.” Kyungsoo heard someone whisper as he walked down the halls.

“I can’t believe Kai is dating an aual.” Someone else whispered. Kyungsoo walked with his head down and fought back tears. While drunk at Sehun’s Kyungsoo had tweeted out his uality and Kai had tweeted that they were dating…needless to say Kyungsoo wished he turned his phone off before getting drunk.

“If he’s aual how is Kai happy?” A girl said a little louder.

“I always thought it was a freak.” Someone laughed, others joined in and soon Kyungsoo ran to Mrs. Fox’s room in tears.

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

“Kyungsoo I have to report this…” Mrs. Fox said sadly. Only Kyungsoo, Hunny, Mori and herself were in the room. “This isn’t okay.”

“I can fight them!” Hunny announced. “I’m a black belt!”

“Me too.” Mori agreed in his deep voice.

“That-that’ll only make it worse!” Kyungsoo sobbed. “They can’t know I told you.”

“But it can’t go on like this.” Mrs. Fox said gently. “It’s been a week and I’m sure your friends have noticed something off.”

“They don’t do it when anyone else is around.” Kyungsoo admitted.

“They’re smart es then…” Mrs. Fox nodded.

“Mom!” Hunny looked scandalized.

“You didn’t hear that.” Mrs. Fox blushed. “I can tell Chen right now and you know he’d fight for you.”

“He would?” Kyungsoo asked. “But he’s been hit by my shoe twice.”

“The first time it was an accident.” Mrs. Fox said. Kyungsoo still looked unsure but suddenly Mori stood up and put his hand on Kyungsoo’s shoulders.

“Look.” Mori began. “You deserve better. You don’t deserve to be mocked for something you can’t control. There is nothing wrong with being aual, you are valid. You’re relationship with Kai is valid, Kai loves you with or without . Your friends all love you, your family loves you, and there are closeted aual people in this school who look up to you. A few jealous people are saying mean things, and that needs to stop. You have done nothing to deserve that and to those who are talking said they loved you before you came out, they are bigots. They are weak people who don’t deserve any of your attention.”

“…I have never heard anything more beautiful.” Mrs. Fox wiped a tear from her eyes. “That’s also the most I’ve ever heard you say.”

“Yeah!” Hunny beamed. “Listen to Mori! You really don’t deserve what’s happening to you so let’s go tell someone together.”

“You all go tell Chen or Kai or whoever and I’ll go inform the principal.” Mrs. Fox smiled. “And Kyungsoo?”

“Yes?” Kyungsoo looked up with his red stained eyes.

“I’m proud of you.”

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

“THEY SAID WHAT?” Baekhyun roared.

“THEM ES ABOUT TO PAY!” Chanyeol screamed.

“Let’s prank them and then post it in the paper.” Chen laughed darkly.

“Only the worst.” Minseok agreed.

“DEATH!” Kris and Suho cheered.

“Your parents will be proud.” Tao said with a smile. “You’re ready to take over.”

“Suho you’re the president…you can’t kill people.” Lay groaned.

“I…” Kai trailed off with tears in his eyes. He pulled Kyungsoo into a tight hug and started to cry. “I’ll fix this.”

“It’s okay Kai.” Kyungsoo cried into Kai’s neck. “Mrs. Fox is talking to the principal right now.”

“MY MOM WILL SCREAM AT EVERYONE!” Baekhyun promised. It was no secret that both Ms. Killer and Mrs. Byun were the scariest teachers in SM Town Private Academy…the two were also best friends and extreme supports of all LGBTQ+ rights, Ms. Killer’s brother was Aromantic and she defended him and others with great passion.

“I’m so sorry people have been treating you like this.” Kai whispered. “If I had known…”

“Don’t beat yourself up about it.” Kyungsoo said softly. “…I…love you Jongin.”

“You...you just!” Kai picked Kyungsoo up and spun him around, Chen and Baekhyun noted who sent glares towards Kyungsoo. Kai kissed Kyungsoo quickly. “I love you too!”

“Time to kill some es!” Minseok grinned.

“Don’t tell me that you’re into that as well!?” Lay cried.

“So hot!” Chen drooled.

“Oh God!” Lay slammed his head against the table.

 

ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

 

Well…hello there!

How is everyone? I’m tired…started college…boy what fun!

Anyway I originally planned to have Kyungsoo announce his auality in chapter two when he says that he’s pan...I was just too scared to do it.

Kyungsoo is very much like me, in this story at least…I don’t know him personally…I wish I did but anyway Kyungsoo is a panromantic aual much like myself and I wanted to put this in Chapter two…yeah.

The bullying is something that a lot of people go through regardless of uality and I wanted to highlight that in a lighter way…I could have gone darker…trust me…I could have made this a lot sadder…like…y’all don’t even know! But I kept it short and threw in some comedy to keep it lighter…yeah!

Have a beautiful day!
~Lizzy

 

Next Time:

Baekhyun Has Passion