Bonus 5

The Seven Year Itch

2 Months

Minseok looks down at the infant snuggled in his arms, slowly the bottle of formula dry with his eyes closed, tiny hands curled into a fist, living the good life. He can’t believe Kyungsoo has already turned two months. Where has the time gone?

He then glances sideways at his seven year old, whose attention is fully absorbed into the television screen that’s displaying his favorite anime. Minseok reaches up with one hand, gently brushing the dark brown strands of his fringe away from his eyes, his son not even batting an eyelash at the action.

He smiles to himself as he grabs his phone and snaps a picture, chuckling more when even the bright flash fails to attract Sehun’s attention. He successfully uploads it to his social media profile, adding a cute caption “If only he paid attention to his homework like he does that Monkey pirate guy”.

Within minutes, Minseok gets a few hearts and likes, as well as a comment from his cousin Chanyeol—“I’m watching the same episode!”

He scrolls through his feed, catching up on what his loved ones have been up to. He likes his dad’s new profile picture, and he definitely hits the heart button on Kris’s new relationship status now that his brother has made it official. Minseok can’t help but squeal a little on the inside. He ends up adding an enthusiastic, “ABOUT DAMN TIME!” which earns him a thumbs up within seconds.

Right then, Kyungsoo turns his head away from the bottle and begins fussing, causing Minseok to quickly spring into action. He situates the burp cloth on his shoulder before lifting the infant and placing him against it, gently patting his back. He waits for Kyungsoo to do his thing as he lifts his cellphone up with his free hand.

Minseok snaps a few selfies, posing cutely as Kyungsoo burps and rids himself of the air in his stomach. He then places him back in his lap, turning off the flash before taking some more pictures of the now content two month old.

Ever since Kyungsoo began smiling and cooing, Minseok has frantically taken snapshots of the milestones, wanting to get capture each moment as much as he can. So much so that he’s thinking of investing in a new cellphone with more memory storage, because his 16GB iPhone can’t handle.

Minseok lets out a tiny “aww” as he manages to take the cutest picture of Kyungsoo mid-yawn, and he immediately uploads it onto his profile –“All fed and ready for bed”, he captions it afterwards.

After pressing about a hundred kisses all over Kyungsoo’s chubby cheeks, he begins rocking the infant so that he’ll be asleep by his scheduled time.

“Sehun, ten more minutes and then it’s off to bed,” he also tells his son, whose so invested in the episode that Minseok knows he probably didn’t hear.

He shakes his head, knowing his son got the habit from his other father. A large house fire wouldn’t be enough to deter Luhan from his precious soccer matches.

Right as the thought crosses his mind, he hears the front door unlock and open, his husband calling out loudly. “Honey, I’m home!”

Minseok grins at the clichéd greeting, secretly loving this part of his day when Luhan comes home. He loves watching his husband greet their sons as if he’s been gone for months, even though it’s only for a few hours a day. He adores the interactions so much.

Kyungsoo, however, doesn’t quite appreciate the booming voice which interrupts his sleep state, and he lets out a high-pitched cry as his own form of greeting.

Luhan walks into the living room, taking long strides over to his family relaxing on the couch.

“Welcome home,” says Minseok, receiving a soft kiss from Luhan before his husband turns his attention to the kids.

Luhan takes the wailing infant into his arms. “Aw, you missed your dad this much?” He reaches down to place a kiss on Sehun’s forehead, the boy bending his body instead to catch a glimpse of the television behind his dad’s legs. “Looks like Sehun didn’t miss me,” Luhan pouts.

“One Piece,” says Minseok, and understanding dawns on Luhan’s face.

“Oh yeah, the marathon was today, huh?”

Minseok nods, “He’s been watching it nonstop for two hours. I’m calling it a night in five minutes though.”

“Meanwhile, this little guy,” says Luhan, now holding Kyungsoo in front of him as he continues to cry. “I just know he missed me a lot,” he says, kissing the small button nose before holding the infant higher above him.

Minseok whips out his phone, not wanting to miss a moment of Luhan nuzzling Kyungsoo’s belly and baby talking to get him to stop crying. He records the video, giggling behind the camera as Luhan continues.

“He just fell asleep, and you woke him up with your loud voice,” says Minseok.

Luhan apologizes to Kyungsoo, the infant’s cries slowly dying down as he takes a good look at his dad.

“I promise I’ll try to be quieter,” assures Luhan, cooing at his son.

“Dad, you could start now please,” says Sehun from behind him, struggling to pay attention to his show.

Minseok lets out a loud snort, still recording with his phone.

“Okay, starting now!” exclaims Luhan, pressing his lips together to show that he means serious business.

Kyungsoo lets out a gurgle at that, lips slowly pulling back to show a gummy smile as Luhan begins laughing at his son’s response.

“Dad!” whines Sehun, getting up to scooch closer to the TV screen so that he can hear better.

“Sorry, Sehun! But Kyungsoo is just so cute with his toothless smile and—”

It all happens so suddenly, and Minseok is so happy that he managed to capture it all on camera.

Within seconds, Kyungsoo is spitting up all over Luhan’s hair, the milky, white substance now dripping down over his eyes and cheeks. It’s silent for a moment, with only the soft sound of One Piece in the background and Kyungsoo’s little garbled sounds.

Then Minseok bursts out into a shrieking laughter, barely managing to hold his cell phone straight as he records the whole thing.

Luhan lets out a sigh, still holding up the infant but now at an arm’s length away. The spit-up is slowly trailing down onto his dress shirt and tie, and Luhan sends a wry smile into the camera. “It’s official. My sons hate me,” he says, looking defeated while Minseok continues to laugh loudly. “I think—I think I’m going to go take a very long shower now.”

He hands Kyungsoo off to Minseok before untucking his dress shirt to wipe off the slimy liquid.

“No dad, I love you,” says Sehun, finally taking his eyes off the screen to look at him, only to break into a fit of giggles of his own. “What is that?” he asks, pointing and laughing at his dad’s expense.

“Kyungsoo’s revenge,” he mumbles, dragging his feet to the stairs to go get cleaned up.

Meanwhile, Minseok turns the camera onto himself and Kyungsoo, trying to control his chuckles as he speaks. “And that’s why you never wake up a sleeping Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo simply smiles at the camera.

***

As if the humiliation of getting thrown up on the night before wasn’t enough, Luhan wakes up the next morning to hundreds of messages on his phone. They’re all from a video Minseok tagged him in, and he quickly unlocks his phone to check it out.

It’s a thirty second clip of him getting the full force of Kyungsoo’s spit up, and his eye twitches as he notices the view count.

3.5 Million.

The clip has clearly gone viral, and Luhan doesn’t know whether to laugh or cry. In the end, he settles on the idea of quitting his job and going undercover to live out the rest of his days herding sheep in the mountains of New Zealand.

But when he glances over to his sleeping husband, and their baby sleeping in his portable crib right next to them, he can’t help but forgive him right away, never wanting to part from them even if it means being thrown up on a thousand more times.

Luhan turns his phone on silence, deciding he deserves a day off. He snuggles back under the covers, throwing his arm around Minseok and slowly drifting back off to sleep.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
a/n - oh, what i would do to see this clip in real life (desperately prays to the xiuhan gods). hope this was just the right amount of cute to brighten up your day! thank you~