Bonus 4

The Seven Year Itch

Walking around the expansive park in the heat is making Luhan go a little bit crazy, especially when Sehun, Tao, and Chen insist on stopping to take a picture with every single character they come across. Luhan doesn’t want to admit that he almost punched Scooby for accidentally smacking him with his fluffy snout.

But he manages to put on a smile each and every time he snaps a picture, knowing the kids are making memories that will last them a lifetime. Seeing their bright and cheery faces are enough to make him forget how sweltering hot Florida really is.

“Daddy, can we go on rides now?” asks Sehun as his eyes take in the sight of the twin drop zones shaped like alien spaceships.

“We’ll have to see if you guys are tall enough,” replies Luhan, walking the crew over to the height measurement.

“Luhan…I don’t think that ride is very safe,” supplies Minseok, standing beside his husband with baby Kyungsoo sleeping peacefully in his arms. He watches carefully as all three boys take their turns getting measured, gleefully high-fiving each other once they get cleared.

“It’s just a little ride, Minnie,” grins Luhan, nudging his worry-wart of a husband playfully. “Plus, they could really use the breeze. I know I’m dying for it.”

“Have you ever been on rides?” asks Minseok, sizing up the intimidating structure before him. He knows he could never go on them, especially now after his horrible experience with a simple plane ride. He’s more than content being the baby and bag holder.

“I’ve been zip-lining before,” answers Luhan calmly, walking with the three boys towards the entrance of the ride.

“Um, I’m not sure that’s the same thing—”

“It’ll be okay. The boys and I are going to love it.”

Minseok gives Luhan a quick peck on the lips before waving them off, muttering a good luck against his lips.

“Daddy, make sure you make a video!” says Sehun loudly before they disappear into the dark waiting room.

***

“So, are you having fun?” asks Kris, glancing sideways at Yixing as they slowly rock back and forth on the large ship ride.

Yixing sends him a smile that has Kris almost tripping and falling into the dimple that appears. “I’m having fun,” he responds, raising his arms and sighing in contentment. “I love rides.”

Kris gulps nervously as he shakily raises his own arms, trying hard not to faint as the breeze hits him harder and harder each time they rock forward. He’s only going on the rides to hopefully impress the daredevil sitting beside him. Luckily, his heart is beating too erratically from being in such close proximity to the other male that the ride isn’t having too much of an effect. Otherwise, they would probably have to drag his unconscious body off of it.

The day had started out pretty normally, with all three families deciding to spend the day at the Islands of Adventure. However, when Minseok suggested to take the boys off their hands, Kris jumped at the opportunity to be alone with Yixing. Little did he know that the younger male would drag him on each and every ride they came across.

As the ride slows to a stop, Kris runs his large hands over his face, trying to regain some of his energy before Yixing notices anything off.

“Coming?” Yixing asks, hand extended to help Kris step off.

Kris feels his blood rushing through his veins as he grasps the other’s palm gently, hoisting himself up with the little strength that’s returned. “Thanks,” he says with a small smile, looking away quickly as Yixing returns the gesture.

However, the moment definitely doesn’t last long as Kris finds his leg caught between the ship’s edge and the walkway, taking a rather awkward tumble down as his face breaks his fall.

“Sweet mother of God!” he complains, sitting up and grabbing his now rapidly throbbing jaw with both hands.

“Kris!” exclaims Yixing, crouching down to inspect the damage himself. “Are you okay?”

Kill me. Rather than the pain in his face, it’s the sheer embarrassment that is currently burning him more. He feels like dying because he just tripped and fell in front of Yixing. The Gods hate me.

“Should we go to the medical unit?” asks Yixing in a worried voice.

The look in the younger male’s eyes is enough to draw back his attention. Kris stretches his jaw to test out the function, making sure he didn’t fracture anything before standing up and dusting off his jeans. “I’m fine,” he manages to say even though a sharp pain pierces the area. He realizes he probably looks a little wonky. He can feel his eye twitching and his mouth doing a small tic, but he smiles through the pain because he doesn’t want to lose the chance to spend time with the other.

“Are you sure, Kris? You don’t seem so…”

Kris feels his breath catch in his throat as he feels Yixing’s warm hand slightly rub the likely swollen area. It’s as though the other has some kind of healing powers because the pain seems to subside slightly.

“I’m good to go,” reassures Kris, trying his best to stop tears from springing to his eyes as he smiles, the pain returning once more.

“This is sweet and all, but can you take this romantic moment elsewhere?”

Kris looks behind Yixing and finally notices that a line has formed behind them, a line of onlookers witnessing their exchange. He flushes deeply again as he stumbles forward, taking Yixing’s hand and leading them off the ride’s platform all while muttering small apologies.

“Don’t apologize handsome, you should make your man kiss it to make it better,” says an old woman in the line, sending an exaggerated wink their way.

Kris doesn’t think he can blush any harder as they get off, Yixing giggling behind him while Kris thinks he definitely should have flung his body off the platform.

***

Luhan sticks his head out once more, making sure all three boys are securely locked in place as they wait for the ride to begin. The three seem to be enjoying themselves, kicking their legs back and forth and chattering incessantly while Luhan only prays they don’t freak out too much.

“Sehun, you can always hold my hand if it becomes too scary, okay?” he tells his son who is sitting beside him, eager to be launched upward already.

“I won’t be scared, dad. I’m a big boy now,” Sehun replies, flashing Luhan a confident smile as Luhan looks at the other two.

“Tao, Chen, you can still get off if you aren’t feeling too good.”

“We’re all good, Uncle Luhan,” says Tao with a thumbs up.

“All systems go, go, go!” says Chen excitedly, laughing as the ride begins to rumble, the sound starting up and letting them all know they’re about to be launched 150 feet into the air at full force.

Luhan chuckles, feeling his heart beat increase with each anticipated second. He just hopes the boys don’t feel too sick after they finis—

“LORD HAVE MERCY ON THIS SOUL!” screams Luhan as soon as they’re propelled upward. He opens his mouth in pure shock, all the air escaping inside and making his whole mouth dry.  

He hears squeals and shrieks coming from all around him, but Luhan can’t help but feel the sense of impending doom clouding his vision. His heart’s pumping insanely and his stomach is lurching ridiculously fast, and he can’t help but call for help.

HOLY BALLSACK, I’M GONNA DIE!” he yells as they drop with increasing speed.

He feels a small hand grip his own tightly, and Luhan squeezes his eyes shut as he holds on for dear life. He sincerely wishes that the rides would end already. He can feel his bowels shifting up into his chest cavity from the pressure as they bounce up and down.

After what feels like two and a half eternities, the ride finally comes to a steady stop. Luhan hears the excited chatter of everyone around him as they talk about the amazing experience, while he sits quietly in his seat, too dazed to remove his harness.

“Dad?” asks Sehun, shaking the hand that Luhan’s gripped onto with a deathly force. “Did you have fun?”

Luhan finally opens his eyes, squinting at his son and the other two who are looking at him expectantly. He opens and closes his mouth a few times, trying to coat his palate with saliva so that he can speak clearly.

He feels his vision darkening with each passing second but Luhan manages to stay conscious somehow.

“Dad?” asks Sehun once more.

Luhan refocuses on Sehun, forcing out a smile as he gives the boys a thumbs up. “It was g-great,” he says with much difficulty.

“Yay! Let’s go again, dad!” cheers Sehun as Tao and Chen immediately agree on the brilliant idea.

Luhan feels his balls shrivel back into his body as he nods his head in agreement, wondering what in the ever-loving world he’s gotten himself into.

***

“Are you having fun?” asks Kris again, looking at Yixing briefly before he glances back to the stage where the next act is about to start. They’re sitting in a dimly lit theater but Kris can feel the grin Yixing sends his way as he answers his question.

“Lots,” says Yixing, poking Kris on his arm playfully. In return, Kris feels the hair on the back of his neck stand up and he almost hyperventilates if not for the kid who suddenly kicks the back of his chair.

Kris turns around to inspect, hoping the thumping won’t continue for the duration of the show otherwise it would ruin his whole experience.

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to the Wonder of Horrors show!” booms the announcer suddenly, and it effectively makes Kris jump out of fright.

He hears Yixing chuckle lightly, and he wishes the underworld would open up and swallow him whole right there in his seat.

“Now before we begin this horrifying journey, I need a volunteer for today’s show!”

The kid kicks Kris’s seat hard once more, and Kris turns around to politely ask the little boy to refrain from doing so. As he’s in the middle of whispering his request, he feels a warm light being shone on him. He freezes in his seat, not wanting to turn around as he hears the announcer once more.

“You sir, in the black T-shirt, have been specially selected to participate with us today!”

Kris closes his eyes, hoping to all that is holy out there that it sincerely isn’t him they’re mentioning. But of course, he already knows the Gods love to torture his guts, especially on the day he’s hanging out with Yixing.

He then hears Yixing encouraging him to go up on stage. It’s painfully quiet in the theater as Kris finally turns back around to face the front, realizing everyone is waiting for him to move. He stands up awkwardly, wiping his already sweating palms on the front of his jeans as he begins to make his way to the stage.

A slow clap begins as the announcer urges him over excitedly, and Kris joins him up on stage finally, feeling the blood slowly leave his body as he turns to face the audience. He’s never been good in front of strangers, and this certainly doesn’t help his cause.

“Everyone give it up for…” says the announcer, holding a mic to Kris’s mouth so he can say his name.

Kris swallows thickly as he opens his mouth. “K-Kiss,” he says nervously, too numb to even process what he’s just said.

He hears the audience laugh and the announcer proclaim, “What a unique name, Kiss! Welcome to the Horror family!”

The next thing he knows, his hand is being shaken and flashes of cameras are going off in the audience as the show finally begins. Kris wonders about every wrong thing he has ever done in his life that has led him up to this very moment.

“Okay, Kiss. We’re going to start with a neat little demonstration for all those kids out there,” the announcer says as he pulls out a knife from underneath the demonstration table.

Kris goes rigid at the sight, wondering what the hell is about to happen to him. He definitely did not sign up for this.

“Now, please hold out your arm.”

Kris obeys the order even though he fights the desperate urge to fly off the stage and escape out the front door.

The host brings up the knife and begins sliding it across his arm, and Kris squeezes his eyes shut in fear. He feels a slight pressure, and then a sudden click as the knife settles into his arm. The audience gasps loudly in response.

Kris looks down with one eye, noticing how the knife has extended out from the handle with a dipped curve that fits snuggly around his arm, fake blood oozing from the host’s hand to make it seem as though the knife has penetrated his skin.

The audience cheers as the host bows, and Kris can’t help but crack a smile.

“Now Kiss, we’re going to hang tight as we show a short film about the history of horror films and the creative minds behind the work.”

At the mention of his horribly butchered name, Kris cringes but decides not to dwell on it now that the spotlight has been taken off of him. He quietly watches the film, wishing he was sitting beside Yixing instead. All of his plans of getting to know the other are being thwarted by his terrible timing and awkwardness. Why can’t it ever be easy for him?

So lost in his thoughts on stage, Kris doesn’t realize when the lights have been turned back on until he hears a loud growl rip through the room. Before he can even turn his head, he is engulfed by a huge, furry brown monster that seems to be attacking him. Kris’s mind kicks into offense mode and he reaches back on instinct and lands a punch right between the ugly monster’s eyes.

He hears the sound of a machine turning off, and the monster falls limply to the floor.

He then hears the roar of laughter from the audience and he realizes that the beast is just a mechanical prop that he probably just broke. Oops.

The host is laughing uncontrollably as well, wiping his tears as he tries to form a few words. “Well, that has certainly never happened before!”

Kris stands awkwardly, unsure of whether to offer to pay for the damages or slowly inch off stage. He chooses the latter and begins to shuffle his feet towards the edge of the stage, but like always, time is never on his side as the announcer walks toward him and wraps an arm around, facing him towards the audience.

“Huge round of applause for Kiss!”

Kris almost withers and dies from the mispronunciation, and hopes that Yixing doesn’t consider him too much of a failure at life after this whole ordeal.

***

Luhan convinces himself to go on one more ride after he finishes puking his bowels out into the trashcan beside a food cart.

He’s managed to accumulate enough ball strength to go on the Minion ride, a ride even Minseok and Kyungsoo are sitting on because it’s that basic.

Still, between the drop zone from Hell and the roller coaster that made him remember his mother, Luhan has had just about enough of rides to last him a lifetime of post-traumatic nightmares.

He quickly chugs down the cup of water that Minseok’s handed him and stands up straight, only to flinch when he sees a giant Minion poster staring down at him.

“Feel free to sit this one out, baby,” says Minseok, rubbing his back gently as they begin making their way to the line.

Luhan almost takes him up on the offer, but the look of happiness on Sehun’s face every time they sit on a ride together is enough to make him question his sanity as he shakes his head. “One last ride before we go.”

“Luhan…”

Minseok shakes his own head at his husband’s stubbornness. After he caught the hilarious meltdown from the first ride on camera, Minseok’s been secretly recording Luhan’s progressive breakdowns to keep for future blackmail if the occasion to use them ever arises. Of course, he’s still very sensitive to Luhan’s feelings, and makes sure to reassure him of his safety after every ride.

He loves Luhan, but he also loves catching his husband slipping because it’s a rare thing. He’s going to take full advantage of that.

The day’s been extremely fun—aside from the screams of terror spilling from Luhan’s mouth every time a ride starts. Minseok is so happy that Sehun, Tao, and Chen have enjoyed themselves to the fullest. He’s so proud of the boys for having the courage to get on every single ride that they could get on for their height. He’s proud of Kyungsoo for being so complacent and sleeping for most of the day. And most importantly, he’s proud of Luhan for sticking through his apparent fear and making sure their son has his dad beside him every single time even though it’s Luhan that probably needs Sehun’s support.

Either way, Minseok smiles goofily as he watches Luhan pump himself up to sit on the cart. He wants to give Luhan the biggest kiss because his husband is so terribly yet adorably endearing.

“Luhan,” he says, getting the male’s attention.

Luhan glances at Minseok, taken aback by the sudden show of affection as Minseok kisses him fully on the lips. He then smiles into the kiss, pressing back before they part.

“You can wait for the rest tonight,” whispers Minseok before he pulls back and situates Kyungsoo on his lap comfortably.

“My eyes are burning!” exclaims Sehun, covering them with his palms as the other two boys follow while giggling.

Luhan and Minseok share a laugh until the ride starts, and then Luhan immediately clams up. He reaches out for Minseok’s hand and grips it tightly.

Minseok intertwines their fingers together and rests his head on Luhan’s shoulder, enjoying the slow, steady movement of the cart as it goes around the track. He feels Luhan wrap his other arm around his waist and relax into him.

Just to distract him from the movement, Minseok speaks up. “It’s Kyungsoo’s first ride. He’s doing so well.”

Luhan chuckles as he reaches forward with his wrapped arm to grab Kyungsoo’s little foot. He tickles the underside softly, and the infant kicks out at the sensation.

“I can’t wait for Kyungsoo to grow up so he can ride all the other rides with us!” says Sehun, scooching closer to his baby brother and poking him on the chubby cheek. Kyungsoo responds by turning his mouth towards the finger, probably to on it thinking it’s a bottle.

“Once you have him as your riding buddy, you won’t need me anymore, right?” asks Luhan hopefully.

“No dad, you have to ride every ride with us.”

“Great,” replies Luhan, feeling twenty years shed from his lifetime as he thinks of how he’s going to handle all of this again in the future.

But if Luhan is being brutally honest with himself, he knows he will do it for his sons in a heartbeat.

***

Kris and Yixing are walking along the bridge that leads out into a massive lake. From the center, they can see a majority of the park completely lit up in bright lights as the sky becomes darker by the minute. It’s an amazing view, and they both stop to take it all in.

“Yixing, I’m um, sorry about today,” says Kris into the peaceful silence. He’s thankful that not a lot of people are around, figuring they’ve probably already left to go home.

“Sorry? Why?” the younger male asks in response.

“You came here to have fun and ride all the rides with Chen, and I managed to ruin the whole day.”

He hears Yixing laugh softly, but he continues to look out towards the park. He doesn’t think he has enough courage to face the other male right now. After all, he took Yixing’s precious time and did absolutely nothing with it.

“Kiss,” chuckles Yixing, and Kris feels his face sting from the burn of the theater incident. “Why do you think you ruined the whole day?”

“Well, for starters I tripped and busted my face on that ship ride. Then, I punched a very antique movie prop from the 1960’s and kind of broke it. After that, I choked on my hamburger and you had to give me the Heimlich. I pretty much managed to make a complete fool of myself in front of you, and you probably think it was a waste of your time when you could’ve spent it with your son. For that, I’m sorry.”

“I don’t think it was a waste of my time. In fact, I haven’t laughed this hard in years as I did today, and it was all because of you.”

Yixing turns to him and smiles that heavenly smile that has Kris’s stomach turning into knots as he finally glances up. He’s convinced that the younger male definitely shines brighter than all the lights across the lake.

Kris tries his best to look into Yixing’s eyes for as long as possible, but he loses his nerve and faces forward again. He’s so thankful that it’s dark enough where his hundredth blush of the day isn’t too visible.

“So, I’ll take it that you had fun?” he says, smiling to himself because wow, he made Yixing laugh. That makes him really giddy on the inside, and he’s too busy internally dancing to notice how close Yixing has moved towards him.

“Kris…”

Kris turns to face Yixing, not registering what happens next until after it’s done because it happens way too fast for him. Yixing cups his cheek and stands on his tiptoes, pecking his lips for the briefest of moments before he lets go and turns to look forward. “Thank you,” he mutters.

Kris remains frozen, eyes glazing over with too many thoughts and emotions all at once. Something similar to a dam breaks inside of him and he begins laughing uncontrollably.

Yixing turns to look at him with a puzzled expression before he cracks a smile as well, the laughter contagious as it begins spilling out of his own mouth.

The two laugh loudly, not realizing when their hands find each other’s and their fingers lace together.

They’re laughing because the day was probably as perfect as it could have been, and standing on a bridge over the calm water as the day comes to an end makes them realize that they wouldn’t have it any other way. They’ve found each other, and they’re happy. So very happy.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

a/n: ahhh, i hope this sorta kinda satisfied ya? ^^ Ok, i may or may not be squealing over Kray myself. omg, pls adopt me. Thank you guys for reading! Def more bonuses to come