Bonus 16

The Seven Year Itch

1 year 2 months

 

Kyungsoo’s been waiting and waiting, head plastered against the front window facing the front yard—waiting for the car to pull up. He bangs his little fists against the glass despite being told not to over and over by his daddy but he doesn’t care because the banging will make the car hurry up.

“Are you that excited to see your friend, Soo?” asks his daddy, coming from behind and plucking him off the window.

“ yeah!” Kyungsoo cheers, clapping his hands together as Minseok sighs.

“Now remember what we talked about…” Minseok starts, walking to the living room while struggling to hold the squirming toddler who’s now whining. “No cussing around Jonginnie. He’s too young to say these words—as are you­—” he adds under his breath. “So instead of the “F” word, what are we going to say?”

Kyungsoo stops squirming long enough to reply, “?”

“No, Kyungsoo. We went over this.”

“.”

“No.”

“No ?”

“Absolutely not.”

“Daddy, down please !” he starts whining again, and Minseok gives up, letting the little tyrant lose so he can waddle his way back to watch the front like a hawk.

“Lord please give me strength to deal with this monster today,” he sends a silent prayer upwards, hoping it reaches soon because he can now hear the car pulling up in the driveway.

Kyungsoo starts shrieking endless calls of “Nini!” as he struggles to reach the handle of the front door. With impatience quickly taking over, he turns to face his daddy with a pleading look. “Daddy, please? Fudge?”

Minseok groans under his breath, seeing the sly smile play upon Kyungsoo’s tiny lips because the devil in toddler form knows exactly how to play his father.

“So you do know what to say, hm?” Minseok gently scolds, lifting his one year old up and opening the door as Junmyeon and little Jongin arrive at the doorstep.

The two fathers smile and greet each other, letting them in and closing the door behind.

“Kyungsoo, aren’t you going to say hi to Jonginnie?” Minseok asks, rubbing his back as Kyungsoo suddenly shies away into the crook of his neck. “Are you shy?”

The two parents share a small laugh as Kyungsoo practically climbs over Minseok’s shoulder now, body folded over and halfway down his father’s back. Jongin coos as he flails his teething ring, wanting to greet his friend who’s trying his best to escape.

“He’s too cute,” Junmyeon chuckles, settling his nine month old son down on the carpet so he can crawl around and familiarize himself with the new environment.

“That’s how he traps you,” Minseok replies, holding onto his son by the legs lest he falls and gets a nasty concussion. “He uses his charm to reel you in, and then he knows exactly how to manipulate you to get what he wants.”

“Is he a villain?” Junmyeon laughs at the toddler’s antics. Minseok sets him down on the carpet too, watching as Kyungsoo tries to squeeze in between his legs as if to hide.

He’s worse,” Minseok mouths to the other before erupting into giggles. “Kyungsoo, I thought you were excited to see Nini! Don’t you want to show him your toys?”

Kyungsoo shakes his head against Minseok’s knees, still not turning to look at the drooling baby.

“I think he’ll come around,” Junmyeon says, “He just needs time to warm up.”

Minseok runs his hand through Kyungsoo’s small head of hair, gently comforting him while he talks to Junmyeon about their week. Luhan is out with the other three boys at an aquarium, while Kris and Yixing are busy handling their newborn twins. Minseok can’t believe they’re a month old already.

Meanwhile, Jongin is swiftly roaming the carpeted floor as fast as his knees will take him, mouth clenched onto his ring as he ends up right next to Kyungsoo. He sits firmly on his , steadying himself before reaching a dimpled hand out to the toddler.

Ah~” he calls, trying to get his attention. “Mm?”

Jongin pokes him on the shoulder once, twice…several times as Kyungsoo remains huddled against his father’s legs. Eventually, the incessant poking becomes unbearable as Kyungsoo finally turns, sending Jongin a small glare and grabbing his teething ring from his mouth.

Jongin watches in slow motion as his teething ring goes flying across the floor, probably the most dramatic moment of his life thus far. He looks back at his supposed friend, utterly betrayed by the action and begins to pout.

“Kyungsoo! That wasn’t very nice,” his daddy scolds, attempting to get the toddler to go retrieve it, but Kyungsoo’s not having it.

He wiggles away, sitting up and now fully facing Jongin—who’s on the verge of tears. They both stare each other down, Jongin huffing and face turning red while Kyungsoo seems unbothered. Eventually, Jongin bursts out into heart wrenching sobs, calling for his dad as he turns to look for him, only to find that the parents have left the room (but secretly watching from the kitchen).

Jongin cries harder at being unable to locate his dad as Kyungsoo continues to watch. He rubs his tiny fists into his wet eyes, drool and snot galore, looking up when he sees Kyungsoo moving.

The toddler stands up and heads towards where the frozen object lays, quickly grabbing it and bringing it back. He takes a seat again and holds it out for Jongin to take, only for the nine month old to smack it away. Kyungsoo goes again to retrieve it, waiting for the other to take it patiently.

Jongin is sniffling and his hands are covered in his boogers as he slowly extends a hand to take his ring back. Kyungsoo makes a face at the wet feeling Jongin leaves on his hand, and Jongin begins crying again at seeing the repulsed expression directed at him.

“Fudge,” Kyungsoo finally says, wiping his hand on his shirt and leaning forward to give his friend a hug.

The two fathers in the kitchen muffle their squeals.

“Nini, please shh,” Kyungsoo says, taking the toy and effectively shoving it into Jongin’s mouth as a peace offering. “Shh, sorry?”

“Sorry?! Kyungsoo never tells me sorry,” Minseok whispers heatedly to Junmyeon.

And just like that, Jongin’s face clears and the constipated look begins to slip away as he munches around the soothing ring, letting his Kyungsoo hyung comfort him and fawn over him as he basks in the attention.

Eventually, Kyungsoo over compensates for his bad behavior from earlier by smothering Jongin in all his toys, bringing each one by one until they have to climb over them to move around. Minseok is very much shocked when Kyungsoo takes his food with no complaints like usual, keeping his words to a very safe “Fudge” and “Shoot” like they had practiced over and over.

“I think Jongin should come over every day,” Minseok splutters, amazed to see his little demon so calm—something that hasn’t happened since the moment he was cut out of his body.

The two boys tire themselves out from all the playing and settle down together on the couch for a nap, heads pressed together as Kyungsoo spreads out uncomfortably so while Jongin away on his thumb.

Junmyeon picks up his snoozing infant when its time to leave, cradling him to his chest while Minseok quietly picks up Kyungsoo, letting the boy adjust against him before he’s falling back asleep.

They say their goodbyes, promises of another playdate scheduled before Junmyeon and Jongin finally drive off.

Minseok rubs Kyungsoo’s back gently as he goes to place him in his bed. Kyungsoo stirs awake as they’re headed upstairs, lifting his head in a daze and calling out, “Nini?”

“Jonginnie went home, baby,” Minseok says. “Did you have fun playing with him today?”

Kyungsoo snuggles back into his neck, shyly nodding in response.

“I thought you didn’t like him?”

Kyungsoo shakes his head vehemently, denying that statement to the depths of Hell.

“So you do like him?”

Kyungsoo goes still, and Minseok wonders if he’s fallen back asleep until he feels a tiny nod against him and Minseok chuckles under his breath. Kyungsoo’s face is flushed a soft pink, and Minseok can’t help but think back to Junmyeon’s words from earlier.

Look’s like we’re going to be in-laws one day.”

Indeed.

“Oh .” This time, it’s Minseok who says it.

,” Kyungsoo whispers mid-sleep, and Minseok smiles fondly.

His baby is growing up too fast.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
a/n - it's been a hot minute since i updated this story! i honestly dont even know where ive been, i couldnt tell you if i tried >.< i really wanted to write baby kaisoo from this au, and i know a lot of you guys wanted more evil munchkin kyungsoo too! so i hope it satisfied that craving just a teeny bit? :] ksoo has a heart of gold, just not in front of people who aren't his precious nini~ if you've made it this far, i wanna thank you guys for all the love/support, i read every comment even though i may not have replied (again, idk where ive been otl) but, *ksoo's voice-- i hope you guys like it!