Bonus 10

The Seven Year Itch

 

Warning: Slight cursing

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

7 Months

It’s only a few days out from the F-bomb fiasco that Kyungsoo dropped on the household, and Minseok is still fuming mad at his husband. Especially when his excuse was a measly “I didn’t think he was listening!”

Luhan, already having gone through this phase with Sehun, should know by now that babies are like sponges and will soak up everything they see or hear around them.

Which is why Kyungsoo is currently banging on a steel pot with a spatula alongside Sehun, happily switching back and forth between the only two words in his vocabulary.

“Daddy, what is ?” asks Sehun again for the sixteenth time and Minseok simply glares at Luhan while the poor man tries to sip his morning coffee in peace.

“It’s a very bad word and you shouldn’t repeat it, Sehun,” answers Luhan into his mug, not wanting to meet Minseok’s eye because he feels the next look will definitely kill him.

“But Kyungsoo keeps saying it,” he argues as Kyungsoo lets out another loud exclamation of the word “” while still banging the pot.

“Because your little brother doesn’t know any better yet,” Luhan replies, sighing as he feels a definite headache coming on, and it’s only eight in the morning. “When he grows older, he’ll understand that he shouldn’t say words like that.”

Sehun nods as though he understands, going back to the pot-banging alongside Kyungsoo, who giggles at him.

“I would’ve thought when you grew older, you would know better than to use those words around your infant son,” mutters Minseok, giving Luhan another cold look over his shoulder before turning back around to pack Sehun’s lunch.

“Minnie,” whines Luhan finally, getting up and walking towards his angry husband. “How long are you going to stay mad at me?” He tries to wrap his arms around the smaller frame but Minseok wiggles out from underneath.

“Long enough for you to get the message.”

“But I already got it!” Luhan does his best kicked puppy-dog look, but Minseok takes one look at it and scoffs. “I haven’t gotten a hug or kiss in days and I think I’m slowly dying because of it.”

“You’re not dying, and that’s only because I haven’t killed you yet,” replies Minseok, grabbing the lunch pack and handing it to Sehun.

“No, I’m really—” Luhan sneezes loud enough to scare both kids, with Kyungsoo letting out a tiny whimper as the banging finally comes to an end.

Minseok can’t decide if he wants to laugh or smack Luhan, choosing to wear a tight-lipped scowl as he picks up the infant. “You scared him.”

“I really am sick,” repeats Luhan, grabbing Minseok’s hand and bringing it to his forehead. “You can’t be mad at a sick person, can you?”

Kyungsoo’s loud wail interrupts them, and Luhan immediately pats the infant, cooing and shushing in an effort to stop the growing throb in his temples.

“,” cries Kyungsoo into the crook of Minseok’s neck and Luhan feels sweat pour down his back from the look he receives from the male.

“Dad, we’re going to be late,” says Sehun from behind, waving his lunchbox around. “I’ve already gotten a tardy from school.”

“Go start the car, big boy,” he says, handing Sehun the keys, who immediately squeals and runs off to do so. He turns to Minseok, pleading silently with his eyes in an effort to appease him. “One kiss before I leave?”

Silence—except for Kyungsoo’s crying.

“Hug? No?”

Luhan looks behind them onto the counter. “No lunch box either?”

Minseok bounces Kyungsoo up and down as the infant continues to wet his shirt. “What do you think?” says Minseok as Kyungsoo drops another F-bomb, and Luhan’s shoulders droop in defeat.

“I’m sorry,” Luhan whispers again as he turns around and walks off, but not before sneezing once more out the door.

***

Minseok climbs into the elevator and hits the button for the sixth floor, the one where his husband’s office is located.

He’s holding a lunch box filled with steaming, hot food that he specially prepared for Luhan. Even if his husband is an idiot and can’t control his mouth around his sons, doesn’t mean he doesn’t deserve to eat fresh food.

Minseok almost felt guilty at letting Luhan leave the house without it this morning, but that’s why he’s here. To make things right so his conscience would leave him alone.

He knocks on the door, waiting patiently for an answer. But after knocking a few more times, he decides to just go in. Perhaps Luhan isn’t at his desk at the moment. But he’s proven wrong when he opens the door, locating his husband’s form slightly hunched over the wooden desk, as if he’s sleeping.

“Luhan?” Minseok calls out gently, walking towards the male and setting the food atop the desk. “Baby?”

He receives no answer, and Minseok scrunches his eyebrows in confusion. He shakes Luhan by the shoulder, noticing how his shirt seems drenched.

“Luhan?”

This time Luhan answers with a pained groan, face planting his desk ungracefully as Minseok panics.

“Luhan!”

He pulls back Luhan’s head, noticing how flushed the male’s face is, hair sticking to his forehead from the sweat, and the burning heat from his skin.

, Luhan really was sick.

Minseok feels a bubble of guilt pop in him, and he can’t help but blame himself for this. He feels a slight panic rise in his throat and he wants to cry, but he knows he needs to take care of Luhan first.

“I’m going to get you home, okay? You idiot of mine,” he says reprimanding, even though his voice is full of concern. “Why did you come to work today if you knew you were sick?”

He continues chastising as he plants a few kisses over Luhan’s burning face before leaving to grab people who would help him put Luhan in the car.

***

Luhan opens his eyes slowly, a pounding headache greeting him as he does so. He reaches up to clutch at his head, only to be stopped by a pair of hands.

“Don’t move too much or your head will hurt more.”

Luhan then feels a cold towel being pressed to his forehead, and he sighs in relief. He hears Minseok chuckle, and he can’t help but crack a smile in response. He hasn’t heard that sound in days.

“Minnie?” he says, trying to sit up so he can have a better look at the male.

“Luhan, stop moving,” Minseok replies, pushing the stubborn man back down and following him as well. He might as well get closer because he knows Luhan isn’t going to stop.

“Am I in Heaven?”

Minseok laughs again and Luhan chuckles out loud this time, although he stops briefly to gasp from the throbbing pain.

“You are such an idiot. A complete dumbo. I married a dumbo idiot,” says Minseok, shaking his head with a hint of a smile.

“I’m sorry,” says Luhan.

“I know,” responds Minseok before leaning in close. “I’m definitely going to regret this but right now I don’t care.” He closes the gap and presses their lips together, feeling better than he has in days.

He didn’t know how much longer he could stay mad at Luhan, but he feels horrible for letting it get this far.

“So it took me getting a fever and nearly dying for you to forgive me?” Luhan teases with the little strength he has in his body.

“It’s my fault. I think I cursed you with my evil looks.”

“You can never look evil, Minseok.”

“But it’s still my fault. I’m sorr—”

Luhan presses their lips together before Minseok can finish, not wanting to hear an apology from the other. “Don’t. You didn’t do anything wrong so don’t say it.”

Instead of replying, Minseok simply takes Luhan’s lips with his, not caring how sick he might get because his husband deserves it so very much.

And even when Kyungsoo drops a few more “s” throughout the day, Minseok doesn’t get mad.

Although it’s still makes him unbelievably satisfied to see Luhan blush and splutter when it happens.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
a/n - aww Minseok finally stopped giving a :3 this bonus was brought to you by XiuHanCafe. You might not remember prompting, but i promise i have a screenshot of it on my phone and i didnt forget T.T im just a really slow turtle, apologies. i hope you guys liked, and i feel horrible for not replying to your comments for the last chapter, im sorry! but i read and laughed my off at each one lolol i promise more feedback this time around