Bonus 3

The Seven Year Itch

1 Month & 2 Weeks

It’s very early in the morning. The sun is just beginning to rise and filter light through the airport as the bustling family makes their way to the terminal.

“Luhan, grab the baby!” says Minseok in an exasperated voice while Sehun continues to tug on the shoulder bag in the stroller to retrieve his bag of chips. “Sehun, patience!”

“Daddy, I’m hungry,” he whines as Minseok rummages through it and produces the half-eaten bag that Sehun had started on in the car. He’s handed the chips and smiles graciously. “Thank you!”

“Who’s possessed my quiet son?” questions Luhan, maneuvering a suitcase and a handbag while simultaneously rocking Kyungsoo on his free arm, all the while the infant screams terribly into his ear.

“Ever think maybe it’s just your face that scares him, Lu?” speaks up Kris, smirking as he walks hand-in-hand with Tao behind the busy couple.

“Don’t be mean,” chuckles Yixing from the side, walking along with Chen and a suitcase of their own.

The three families are off to Florida to enjoy a mini vacation at the Universal Studios Park. After Luhan had suggested the idea two weeks prior, they quickly made a plan to take the kids out for a much needed break. Kris was automatically included, and when he accidentally let slip Yixing’s name, Minseok called him immediately to count him in, the latter happily agreeing.

“Our flight boards in ten minutes and I haven’t even had time to grab my pre-flight coffee,” complains Luhan, pouting as they hurriedly walk past a Dunkin’ Donuts.

“Least of our worries,” replies Minseok, too busy wondering how the flight is going to go.

They’re flying with a one month old baby and three young kids. He’s contemplating how much Kyungsoo’s going to cry once his ears pop from the take-off, or how Sehun’s going to handle his first time flying on the aircraft. He’s almost wishing they had gone on a nice cruise instead.

He can already feel the looks directed their way as Kyungsoo continues to wail. He knows flying with babies is one of the least desirable things in the world, but it’s not like he was going to leave his baby home for their comfort. He just hopes Kyungsoo will settle down by the time they take-off, otherwise it’s going to be a very long flight.

***

As they reach the Studios Hotel, the first thing Minseok does is plop face down on the soft mattress and closes his tired eyes.

They have just survived a seventeen hour flight and they’re so exhausted. Minseok believes he can spend their four days just sleeping away because he officially hates planes.

After worrying so much about Kyungsoo’s potential mid-flight meltdown or Sehun’s potential newfound phobia of flying, it was actually himself that he should’ve been more concerned about. It was his first time flying but he didn’t think much of it since Luhan was such a frequent flier. It couldn’t be that hard right?

Wrong. So totally and absolutely wrong because as soon as the turbulence started, nausea hit him like a train and he spend the majority of his time spilling his guts out into the cramped bathroom.

He supposes it could’ve been worse if his sons had acted out on top of that. However, Kyungsoo mostly slept, well, like a baby while Sehun occupied himself with his cousin and friend.

As Minseok thinks back to the hell he just experienced, he figures it would be wise to invest in some quality drowsy medications before they leave to go back to Korea.

“Baby, are you fine?” asks Luhan, rubbing his worn-out husband on the back gently.

Minseok groans lowly in response, wanting to never move another muscle again.

“Daddy, are you going to come with us to the park tomorrow?” questions Sehun.

Minseok turns his head and sends his son a smile. “Of course. I’m just going to take a quick power nap and then maybe we can go check out the huge pool later!”

“Okay! I can’t wait,” beams Sehun.

“I’m going to put Kyungsoo in the crib since he’s still knocked out and take Sehun down for some lunch. Do you want me to get you anything?” asks Luhan, placing the sleeping infant gently into the provided crib.

“Some anti-emetics,” mumbles Minseok, adjusting his head more comfortably on the pillow.

“Still feeling that motion sickness, huh?”

“I just hope it goes away soon.”

Luhan leans down to place a kiss on Minseok’s forehead. “Feel better, Minnie.”

Sehun repeats his father’s actions, whispering a soft I love you before they head out to grab some food.

***

Minseok rests by the poolside with Kyungsoo, both shaded from the blistering Florida sun under a giant, colorful umbrella that Kyungsoo keeps staring at. The infant is too young to go into the pool with the other kids, with the water being too cold plus there is the risk of infection from bacteria that his young immune system would not be able to fight off.

However, Minseok doesn’t mind at all as he watches Sehun, Tao, and Chen playing with the beach ball with their dads. Seeing the kids having fun is enough to satisfy him.

He whips out his phone and decides to take some pictures instead. Even though he isn’t going to swim, Kyungsoo is decked out in the most adorable light green swim trunks and white swim shirt, along with a white hat resting comfortably on his head. “Let’s take some cute pictures with daddy, okay Kyungsoo?”

Kyungsoo coos lightly in response to his voice, and Minseok takes that as a green light.

He places the infant backward on his chest, taking a plethora of selfies in which Kyungsoo fixates on the camera as if posing for the pictures. They come out so loveable that Minseok can’t help but adjust Kyungsoo in different positions so that he can take a few hundred more.

The infant whines after a few minutes, slightly irritated from the constant moving, and Minseok apologizes with a smile as he kisses his chubby cheek while flipping through the pictures.

“Daddy!” calls Sehun from the pool, and Minseok waves enthusiastically in his direction.

He turns his camera on the others, snapping away as the three kids pose hilariously. At the end of it, Minseok looks through the pictures and decides he absolutely has to frame the one of Sehun, Tao, and Chen sitting atop their dads’ shoulders, all six males smiling brightly into the camera.

“This was such a great idea, wasn’t it?” he asks Kyungsoo, picking him up and facing him. Kyungsoo merely stares at him, and Minseok chuckles as he places a kiss on the infant’s button nose. “It’s okay that you won’t remember this. I’m taking plenty of pictures for you to look back on later!”

Kyungsoo yawns in response, his earlier feed having tuckered his little body out as Minseok cradles him close to his chest once more. “You’re such a good baby, Soo. I love you so much.”

Minseok closes his eyes too, resting in the shade as he enjoys the sounds of the kids squealing with laughter, his husband and brother tossing insults at each other while Yixing laughs his off, and simply dwelling in the tranquil moment of spending this quality time with his loveable family. 
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
a/n - minseok's pov! next bonus will include more of the others, especially luhan's...antics when it comes to rides lol. Also, expect an awkward Kray date. Time to bust out some of that good ol' comedy. Thank you all so much for reading and commenting! I like it when y'all tell me that the fluff was stupid cute because i'm really trying to kill y'all here <3