Bonus 6

The Seven Year Itch

3 Months

Minseok is in the middle of a thick stack of papers waiting to be filed before being sent to the director’s office when he his cellphone buzzes, indicating an incoming call from Baekhyun, one of the employees at Kris’s daycare.

He sighs, wondering what Sehun must’ve done this time, since the last time Baekhyun called was when he stuffed toilet paper into the toilet and flushed until it was overflowing in the bathroom.

“Hello, Baekhyun,” he answers, balancing the phone between his shoulder and cheek as he thumbs through the documents.

“Good afternoon, Mr. Kim. I know I’m calling you while you’re at work but it’s urgent,” he says on the other end, sounding a little anxious which has Minseok immediately giving him his full attention.

“Are Sehun and Kyungsoo okay? Did Sehun push another boy off the swings?” he rattles off right away, knowing his son could be a little rough during playtime.

“No, no they’re fine,” replies Baekhyun. “Well, not fine. I mean—”

“Not fine?” says Minseok, dropping his papers and grabbing his phone properly.

“Sehun’s running a fever and has been throwing up from the past hour,” he clarifies, “Is there any way you can come pick him up? He’s been crying for you non-stop.”

Minseok’s heart clenches at that, wondering how he could have possibly missed the signs that his little boy was sick when he dropped him off that morning. Picturing Sehun with watery eyes and a red, runny nose has him quickly scrambling for his briefcase and keys.

“Say no more, Baek. I’ll be there in thirty.”

Minseok rushes out from behind his desk, popping in to his boss’s office for a quick explanation before he’s being told to quickly go take care of things.

 

***

“I’m sorry, he was just crying so much I thought he would pass out so I panicked and ended up calling both of you,” explains Baekhyun, pointing to Luhan once Minseok has finally reaches the daycare.

He thanks Baekhyun before going to Sehun who’s now clinging to Luhan, flushed, tired face resting in the crook of his neck. He places his hand against the little boy’s forehead, feeling guilty when he feels the burning heat.

“I’m so sorry, baby,” he coos, running his fingers through Sehun’s hair to comfort him. “I didn’t realize you were feeling bad today.”

“He didn’t seem sick this morning though,” says Luhan, rubbing Sehun’s back gently as the little boy burrows further into his neck.

“Sehun, were you feeling sick this morning?” asks Minseok.

Sehun simply nods in response, too spent from his crying session earlier.

“Why didn’t you say anything, sweetheart? You could’ve stayed home today.”

Minseok is confused when Sehun starts tearing up again, chest heaving lightly as if he’s trying to stop the sobs.

“Sehun, what’s wrong?” asks Luhan in a worried tone.

The boy begins to cry again, turning his face down so that the sounds could be muffled against Luhan’s skin.

“Uncle Minseok!” calls Tao, running up to them as fast as his legs can carry him with Chen following behind. “Hi, Uncle Luhan!”

“Hi, Tao and Chen,” greets Minseok, crouching down to give both boys a hug while Chen shyly greets them in return.

“Hey you two,” smiles Luhan, bouncing Sehun in his hold to try and pacify the crying boy.

“Why is he still crying?” asks Tao, pointing to his cousin.

“Sehun has a fever,” explains Minseok.

Tao shakes his head, “No, he’s was crying because we were supposed to play Star Wars with Chen’s new lightsaber outside, but we told him we couldn’t play because then we would get sick too. But we promised we would once he got better!”

“Yeah,” adds Chen in a small voice. “We weren’t trying to be mean or anything.”

“Sehun, you have to get better so we can play, okay?” says Tao, sending his cousin a sweet smile.

Sehun turns to look at the boys, his cries dying down once more. “P-Promise?”

“Of course, we can’t save the Galactic Empire without you.”

Sehun sends them a smile of his own before his face suddenly contorts into a grimace. “I don’t feel so—”

And before Luhan can do anything, Sehun is throwing up all over his neck, shoulder, shirt, etc.

“Oh, for the love of—” gasps Luhan, making a face as the vomit slowly seeps through his shirt.

“Ew, it’s green from the ice cream earlier,” giggles Chen.

“Sorry, dad,” whines Sehun, voice wobbly as he looks on the verge of another breakdown.

“Luhan, take Sehun and go get cleaned up. I’ll grab Kyungsoo from the nursery and then we’ll head to the doctor, okay?” says Minseok, trying to do as much damage control as possible before Sehun and Luhan start crying. “We’ll see you boys later,” he says, addressing his nephew and Chen who are trying not to make disgusted faces to avoid hurting Sehun’s feelings.

Luhan inhales sharply, wondering what sins he committed in his previous life to be the target of everyone’s puke as he heads off to clean up as best as he can. He doesn’t blame his ill son, but he wishes Sehun could’ve given some type of warning.

While wiping Sehun off first, he tries not to think about the wetness sticking to his body. Instead, he diverts his attention to his son who’s sitting on the closed toilet lid, silently observing him.

“Sehun, did you pretend that you were feeling okay today so you that could play Star Wars?”

Luhan sees tears instantly spring to Sehun’s eyes at the question, knowing his son is a little more sensitive today than normal.

“I waited a whole week,” he answers, hands coming up to rub at his already puffy eyes. “So I didn’t want to miss it, dad.”

“It’s okay, little guy,” reassures Luhan, moving to the sink to grab more paper towels and begin cleaning himself off. “I’m not mad. I’m just worried about you.”

“Why?”

“Because as your dad, seeing you sick and hurting makes me feel bad,” explains Luhan, taking off his shirt and running the dirty area under cold water. “And it makes me worried because I didn’t even know you had a fever until I got the call. It was scary.”

“Really?”

“Uh huh,” says Luhan, throwing the shirt back on and walking over to Sehun, crouching down while taking his small hands in his own. “So anytime you don’t feel good, you have to tell me or daddy, okay? That way we can keep you from getting sicker. You feel horrible now, right?”

“Really horrible,” replies Sehun, releasing his hands from his dad’s hold to wrap them around his neck instead. “I want to go home.”

“After we stop by the doctor’s.” Luhan bites back a smile as he hears Sehun groan. “If you don’t want to go to the doctor’s next time, you have to make sure you tell us you’re sick.”

“Okay,” pouts Sehun as Luhan stands up to go fetch his husband and other son. “I’m sorry, dad.”

“It’s okay, Sehun. I love you.”

“I love you too. And Star Wars.”

“I know.”

***

Minseok lays sideways with his head propped up on one arm, looking down at Sehun’s sleeping form as he gently runs his other hand over the boy’s back.

“He is completely, most definitely your son. It’s kind of freaky, actually,” he says to Luhan in a whisper as to not wake up the seven year old sleeping between them on their bed. Or the infant sleeping in his makeshift crib beside them for that matter—it took a while to put Kyungsoo down to sleep tonight.

“What’re you talking about?” asks Luhan in a low voice, propped up and watching Minseok with a curious expression.

“Remember when you insisted on attending that dumb soccer match during the worst thunderstorm England had seen in months?”

“Okay first, dumb? Minseok, I will burn your favorite book to a crisp and dance on the ashes,” teases Luhan, poking Minseok on the forehead. “And second, that match was totally worth it. They scored three goals. I like to think it’s because I’m their lucky charm.”

“You came home with pneumonia,” rebuts Minseok, rolling his eyes as he lifts his own finger to poke at Luhan’s cheek. “I can’t picture myself going crazy over anything the way you do with soccer, or he does for Star Wars apparently,” he says, going to back to rub Sehun’s back once the boy starts stirring again.

“Oh yeah? Who was it that used to go crazy whenever your favorite Harry Potter fanfic was updated?”

Minseok blushes, slapping Luhan’s arm. “Shut up! We don’t talk about that, okay?”

Luhan chuckles, ruffling Minseok’s hair fondly. “I think my personal favorite was the one where Harry and Draco sneak into the Room of Requirement and—”

Stop,” squeals Minseok, flopping down and pressing his burning face into his pillow.

Luhan laughs again, leaning over their sleeping son to place a kiss onto the back of Minseok’s head. “Alright, you win. Let’s go to sleep before I pull it up and start reading it out loud,” he says jokingly. “Goodnight, my little Slytherin.”

“I hate you.”

“I love you too.”
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
a/n - hiiii! i can't believe i'm updating 2x in one week, like...i 'm shocked myself. so if you haven't read bonus 5, check it out. The puking scene will make more sense lol i think next bonus will def have some kray {look forward to it ;] } and lots more shenanigans. i really hope you guys are liking these, thank u!