Bonus 11

The Seven Year Itch

Bonus 11

8 Months

Minseok rings the doorbell, bouncing back and forth on the balls of his feet as he holds Kyungsoo’s baby seat in one hand and grabs Sehun’s hand with the other.

“Welcome!” says Yixing as he answers the door, leaning in to give Minseok a hug and ruffling Sehun’s hair. He motions for them to come inside, laughing as Sehun takes off to find Tao and Chen.

“You belly really dropped,” comments Minseok, settling a napping Kyungsoo on the floor as he takes in Yixing’s expanded mid-section. “But I guess that’s expected with twins.”

“I know! Who knew Kris and I would get a 2-for-1 deal with babies,” laughs Yixing in response, patting his stomach lightly.

“Are you sure you can handle the kids for the day? I know the second trimester is the most tiring—”

“We need all the practice we can get before the twins arrive,” reassures the Chinese male. “Plus, you and Luhan deserve some time alone for yourselves.”

Minseok smiles in response, feeling somewhat relieved knowing his boys will be safe in Yixing’s capable hands. “Make sure Kris hyung learns how to change a diaper before the day is over.”

“I will have him fully trained by this evening.”

They both chuckle, making some more small talk before Minseok decides it’s time to leave. He bends down and plants a kiss on Kyungsoo’s forehead, feeling his heart twinge slightly knowing he won’t see his sons for the next few hours. He calls a goodbye to Sehun, who’s probably already busy playing with the other two kids to reply.

“Thank you, Yixing. Make sure to call me if you need anything!” he says before he takes his leave.

Yixing closes the door, reaching down to grab the baby bag Minseok left and Kyungsoo’s seat before Kris comes stumbling into the room, fresh out the shower.

“Woah, slow down babe,” he says immediately, grabbing them from Yixing’s hands. “Remember what the doctor said.”

Yixing simply rolls his eyes, smiling as Kris walks them to the living room.

“For today, you just tell me what needs to be done and I will do it,” he says with confidence.

After all, how hard could it be to take care of a baby? Especially his angel-like nephew, Kyungsoo.

***

“We finally have the house to ourselves,” says Luhan, wiggling his eyebrows playfully.

“You know what that means…” smiles Minseok bashfully.

“SPRING CLEANING!” They both yell with enthusiasm.

***

The first hour goes by smoothly, with Kyungsoo sleeping away on their bed surrounded by pillows in case the infant wiggles around.

Kris makes buttered popcorn for the rest of them as they sit down to watch the newest Star Wars movie on DVD. He snuggles in close to Yixing, resting his hand on the protruding stomach, more focused on whether their twins will be boys or girls, or one of each. He’s quite excited no matter what the outcome, thinking to next week’s appointment when they finally find out.

“What’re you thinking about?” whispers Yixing, poking Kris’s cheek playfully.

“What do you think about the names Luke and Leia for the twins?”

Yixing rolls his eyes once more.

***

Minseok has his body halfway into the top kitchen shelf, trying to reach the dusty corners with his washcloth.

Luhan is supporting his husband, arms wrapped around his legs as he rests his cheek on Minseok’s bum.

“Enjoying yourself?” Minseok asks as Luhan continues to press until he finds a comfortable spot.

“Just as long as you don’t fart,” he replies with his eyes closed.

Minseok snorts.

***

Hour two seems to be going okay as the three boys are absorbed into the movie. Kris and Yixing hear a whimper on the baby monitor, and they both stand up to investigate.

As they enter their bedroom, they find Kyungsoo squirming around, whines starting to become louder by the second.

“Is my little prince awake?” coos Kris, scooping up the infant and settling him into his large arms.

Kyungsoo lets out a shrill cry, looking around for his daddy but not locating him in the room.

“Its okay, Soo! Uncle Kris and Uncle Yixing are here to take care of you for the day,” he says, swaying him back and forth.

“Check his diaper,” suggests Yixing, and sure enough Kyungsoo needs a replacement.

“Okay, I got this,” says Kris, going over to grab the baby bag and bringing it back to the bed. He rummages around to gather supplies, pulling out one diaper and a changing pad. “Ready.”

“Baby wipes?”

Kris pulls them out too.

“Anti-rash cream?”

Kris scrunches his eyebrows, pulling out a white tube and looks at Yixing questioningly.

“Yup, that’s right. Now we’re ready.”

Kris places the mat on the bed and lays Kyungsoo down on top of it, all the while the infant is shrieking his little head off.

He then lines up the items like an assembly line and rubs his hands down the front of his sweatpants, feeling somewhat nervous about the whole thing. After all, he’s about to pop his diaper changing cherry.

He goes in to unstick the tabs on the diaper, pulling them back and assessing the damage Kyungsoo has caused. Luckily, it’s just a wet diaper and Kris breathes a sigh of relief. He grabs the dirty diaper, folding it and tossing it into the trashcan by the wall.

Next, he grabs some wipes and goes to town, making sure his nephew is squeaky clean. Grabbing the anti-rash cream, he lifts Kyungsoo by the two legs, making sure to coat the tiny bum graciously with the thick substance.

He chuckles as Kyungsoo wiggles around, kicking his feet at him as he continues to cry. He almost cheers as he grabs the clean diaper, the final step in diaper changing.

However, Kris never gets a chance to place it on time as Kyungsoo Codes Brown all over Kris’s hand, the diaper, the changing mat—going as far as leaking onto the bedsheets underneath.

Kris stares at the mess in shock, not registering Yixing’s laugh from beside him. He looks from his hand to the infant who is still crying, and back to his hand before letting out quite the girlish scream.

“He—He…pooped on my hand!” blurts out Kris, sounding absolutely scandalized.

Yixing continues to laugh as Kris finally turns to him.

“Why didn’t you warn me?!”

“Trial and error, baby,” says Yixing, holding his stomach as he erupts into another fit of laughter.

***

Minseok stares off into the distance as he wipes down the dining table surface, lost in thoughts of his sons. He misses them because the house has been way too quiet without the constant noise, yelling, giggling, and even Kyungsoo’s enthusiastic “s”.

He sighs deeply just as Luhan walks into the room to dust the cabinets. His husband sends him a questioning look with his eyebrow raised.

“I miss the boys,” he says in response, shoulders slumping down slightly.

Luhan smiles as he walks over, grabbing Minseok by the waist and pressing their lips together briefly. “You know, I have a solution for that.”

“What?”

“We can always make another baby,” grins Luhan, leaning in to kiss Minseok again only to be stopped by the shorter male when he viciously twists his between his fingers. “Ow!” cries Luhan, rubbing his left carefully. “You know I’m sensitive there!”

“I literally gave birth to Kyungsoo like yesterday and you’re already talking about another one?”

“Ok, but you didn’t have to almost rip off my nip just to say that,” whines Luhan.

“You’re right, I’m sorry.”

“Kiss it and make it better?”

Minseok rolls his eyes at the tiniest smirk forming on Luhan’s lips.

***

By the time Kris finishes giving Kyungsoo a bath and puts him down for another nap, he’s already feeling the exhaustion crawling up on him. He didn’t realize how long it took to bathe, clean, diaper, feed, and put an infant to sleep—and Kris almost cries when Yixing tells him that he only has to do it like three more times until Minseok comes to pick him up.

After cleaning off the mashed carrot mess Kyungsoo flung everywhere, Kris returns to the living room to finally sit down and relax. However, the sight that awaits him almost has him clutching at his neck in shock.

“What’s going on here?” he asks, looking at the three boys who are wrestling around on the blankets and pillows strewn across the floor. There is popcorn littered everywhere, and one of the cups of soda has spilled on the carpet.

Tao is the first one to stop. “I am the Sith Lord and Sehun and Chen are Jedi’s, and they’re trying to take me down but I’m too powerful for them,” he answers before tackling them again.

Kris simply rubs his face with a groan as Yixing walks in the room.

“Oh my,” he hears his boyfriend whisper, and begins to pick up the items.

“Wait,” Kris says, taking them from Yixing and instructing him to sit while he cleans up. He manages to stop the boys long enough to help him clean up the mess.

“Babe, you know I can help, right?” laughs Yixing while Kris vehemently disagrees, not wanting his babies or baby daddy to become tired. “Fine, suit yourself.”

He props his legs up on the coffee table, resting one hand on his stomach while the other slowly picks up the fallen popcorn on the couch and brings it to his mouth. He munches happily while watching his boys do manual labor.

Kris sends him a look as he continues eating, and he shrugs his shoulders in return. “It’s totally safe to eat,” he says popping another one in his mouth. “I’m helping you clean in my own way.”

Once it’s all done, Kris gets the boys to go brush their teeth and get ready for bed while he plops down on the couch next to his pregnant boyfriend.

Yixing reaches up to run his fingers through Kris’s hair, and the latter closes his eyes slowly.

“You look tired,” Yixing says with a smile, retracting his hand.

Kris groans in response, shifting to lay his head on the swollen belly as he grabs Yixing’s hand and brings it back to his hair. Yixing chuckles as he resumes the soothing head massage, leaning down to press a kiss on Kris’s temple before sitting back up.

“How are we going to do this with twins?” Kris asks, burrowing further into Yixing’s belly.

Yixing thinks about it carefully, knowing that he has some experience from raising Chen but Kris has never had to take care of a newborn since he skipped that phase and went straight into adopting an older child.

Even though it will be a challenge, especially with two babies, Yixing knows he and Kris will get through it. They have each other, their family, and their amazing sons who will be more than happy to take on the big brother role.

“Together,” he replies, short and sweet.

He hopes Kris isn’t too intimidated after taking care of Kyungsoo today because he knows personally how rewarding it is to bring a child into the world and help raise him/her with your own hands. To see them grow into an admirable person and knowing you had something to do with that.

He hopes Kris will feel more prepared when the twins finally arrive, and he knows he will do his best to help his boyfriend get there.

***

“Luhan?”

“Yeah?”

“What do you think Sehun and Kyungsoo are doing right now?”

“Sleeping, like I am hoping to do.”

“What time is it?”

“4am.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah.”

“I can’t sleep.”

Luhan rolls over, facing his wide awake husband and sighing, pulling the shorter male into his arms and tucking him against his chest. He begins rubbing his hand on his back, hoping to put the male to sleep like he does with Sehun sometimes.

A few minutes go by before—

“Luhan, I can’t sleep because I miss my sons.”

Luhan wants to whine in his drowsy state, but holds it in to be mindful of his husband’s feelings.

“Want me to it out of you?”

“Okay, goodnight,” says Minseok without missing a beat, rolling over and closing his eyes.

Luhan can’t even be mad that his husband would rather force himself to go to sleep than have with him. He closes his own eyes, hoping that morning comes fast so he can see his sons because man, he missed them like crazy today.



___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
a/n - a long bonus to make up for my long absence? :] some fluff, kray, xiuhan bringing some comedy, i tried haha. i hope you guys enjoyed! thank you~ 
Twitter also, if you want check out my new mpreg xiuhan here!