I Wanna Be Close

Tainted Red
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 




i wanna be close.     Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Lay and Sehun decided to have an early morning basketball practice. There weren't many students in the school grounds and the teachers have neither arrived yet. It was the perfect day for them to practice and sharpen up their skills for the upcoming basketball match. At first, Luhan and Tao were going to practice with them but because of their laziness, they didn't wake up early enough and decided to skip.

Luckily for the team, despite the little incident that happened the other day their team still managed to win by a few points. However, Chanyeol still felt bad for being such a burden and creating a big scene at his first game. The coach and his team mates trusted him, yet for the first time he played he had to faint. Chanyeol didn't feel embarrassed at all. But although he was thankful, he still hated receiving the amount of attention and he hated having people to work hard for him.

The boys were already drenched in their own sweat due to their intense practicing.

"Since when were you so close with Choi Yoona?" Lay suddenly asked after shooting a three-pointer.

The look on Chanyeol's face showed that he was slightly taken aback by the unexpected question. He heaved a breath and gathered his thoughts before running up to Sehun to steal the ball away. He did a perfect lay-up shoot before slowly walking back to Lay that was eyeing him while he was still anticipating an answer.

"Since yesterday."

"Dude," Lay ran his fingers through his hair, "didn't we tell you to like, stay away from her?"

Chanyeol caught the ball that Sehun had thrown and started dribbling on the spot.

"I don't even see why you guys keep saying about her. I think she's nice. Like at times she could be really quiet but then she can be really fun to stick around with. Kind of bipolar if you ask me, but, I think she's kinda cute." Chanyeol shrugged dreamily and that was when Baekhyun used his chance to steal the ball away.

"She's not that bad." Baekhyun commented as he threw in a two-pointer from the side. Chanyeol threw a wink at Baekhyun and clicked his tongue.

After having enough of their one hour practice, Chanyeol decided to take a break. He went over to the bench and took out his towel and water bottle that was inside his backpack. After settling the towel over his neck, he took a big gulp of his water and sat down on the floor with his back leaned up against the border.

Baekhyun, Sehun and Lay came following with the sounds of their shoes squeaking against the hardwood. In a matter of minutes, the four boys were all sprawled out on the basketball court. The visible stains of sweat seen from their jerseys was enough to prove how much they've worked hard this morning.

"Hey guys," Chanyeol started hesitantly, "how'd you react if I say I'm going to ask her out one day?" he sat up and circled his arms around his legs.

It wasn't that he was sure he was going to do it, but just in case it will happen in the future, he wanted to ask his friends' opinions first. Also, if it was going to happen, he'd need some help and some encouragement. After what he experienced back at his old school, he wasn't too sure if he'd be brave enough to ask someone out--let alone someone he pretty much just met.

Baekhyun chocked on his drink making the water splash all over his body. "As in you're going to be her boyfriend?"

"I don't know," Chanyeol shrugged. "Maybe."

Lay sat up and mirrored Chanyeol's position. "Dude, no. That girl has got serious issues."

"Yeah, the hyung's right." Sehun nodded, pointing a finger towards the oldest boy. He took a another gulp from his water bottle before placing it down loudly beside him. "I bet you 20 won that only thing you're going to be is her good-night lollipop."

"Deal."

"Assaaa! Where's my money?" Sehun pulled out his hand and directed it towards Chanyeol who had a questioning look on his face.

Sehun sighed making his eyes droop, "It's bound to happen so might as well give me the money now."

"What? No." Chanyeol protested.

Lay sighed as he laid back down on the hardwood. "You're both idiots."

"Thanks for the compliment." Sehun grinned sarcastically before a mock started playing on his face.

"She used to be so damn popular but the kids at school really hate her now. Do you even see what they write on her desk and all over her locker?" Baekhyun sighed in disappointed. "It's really disgusting."

Chanyeol bit the flesh of his inner lip, "What happened anyway?"

Sehun let out a noisy breath. "I heard she--"

"Don't."

All eyes were immediately turned to Baekhyun. It wasn't that he didn't want Chanyeol to know about what happened to Yoona because he knew that he was bound to find out anyway. Baekhyun was just worried for his friend and he couldn't bear having to hear the story about the incident over and over again. He also promised Dahyun to never, ever bring up anything about his girlfriends' past friendship with Youngji and Yoona to anyone. Not even to herself.

Baekhyun cleared his throat when he realized that the boys' stares weren't shaking off. He looked at the giant clock hanging on the wall.

"It's almost first period. We better get going." With that, he stood up and walked over the the boys' locker room to take a shower and change into their school uniform.

The boys were left dumbfounded but the person with the most questions was Chanyeol. He was still left on the ground eyeing his friend retreating rather awkwardly. He started wondering as to what really happened to the girl he's laid eyes on since his first day of school at Hyundai High School. If Baekhyun, the person who always tells him everything--from what color boxers he's wearing to what he had for breakfast--is refusing to let Chanyeol know about the girl, it means that it has to be something serious.

"Hey, you coming?"

Chanyeol got snapped out of his trance when he heard Lay's voice call him out. Sehun and Lay were already standing on both their feet in front of him.

"Oh?" he tilted his head up to face them both. "Yeah."

Even though the question was yet to disperse from his mind, Chanyeol decided that maybe it wasn't the right time for him to know yet. As much as he wished that he could know sooner, he knew strongly that some things in the world just had to wait for the right time.

  ▲▼▲▼  

Yoona was feeling sick. From the first moment she took a bite of her moms home-made pancake, she had a slight wary feeling in her stomach that it'll just go to waste and end up getting flushed down the toilet hole. But because she didn't want to worry her mom or make her feel like her daughter didn't like how the food tasted, Yoona forced herself to finish up everything that was on the plate even if it meant that she'll be facing a toilet bowl inside the girls bathroom during lunch period.

And just like how she predicted, when Yoona heard the bell ringing, she quickly ran for her life and headed towards the girls bathroom. Yoona was now used to the situation to the point she doesn't see her vomit as something horrid and disgusting anymore. Although the part when she starts coughing out blood that comes along together with her breakfast kind of scares her to death. She closed the toilet lid and propped her arm up onto it to support her worned out and exhausted body. Yoona rolled out a piece of toilet paper before wiping it over . She leaned against the wall that divided the cubicles and the only thing that escaped her lips was a heavy sigh.

Yoona was tired. She was tired of having the same nightmares every night that always ended up being cut half way. The constant glares she recieves from the students at school--which were mostly from girls. The loud whisperes from her class-mates which she noticed that they mostly considered of wanting her non-existence in the world. Cyber bullying was now starting to build up and it surprised her how a lot of the students who used to up to her were now ganging up on her even if she never replies. But most of all, she was tired of herself. Yoona knew there wasn't much she could do as to seeing how she feels like it's her against the whole school, but there's always a way to every problem. It's just that Yoona feels too hopeless to even do something. She thought that if her best friend even hates her for what she did, then there was no hope to make the entire school acknowledge her again.

She was just a tad bit glad that she could hold herself together and not do anything far more stupid that slightly harming herself. If feeling slightly lighter and less sadder by hurting yourself and feeling glad that you can see the blood prickling down your soft skin was possible, then that's how Yoona was feeling everyday.

"She's a ."

Yoona froze in her spot when she heard a voice that was too familiar for her liking.

"No, even a
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter