These Feelings Inside

Tainted Red
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 




these feelings inside.  
Chanyeol had collapsed in the middle of a basketball game surrounded by a crowd of students. From the first moment he started struggling to breathe, he was standing in a position far away from the other members. Luckily though, when Kris was dribbling the ball while he ran towards the ring, he caught a glance of Chanyeol who was crouching down as he tugged onto his jersey forcefully. Kris was going to pass the ball towards another player so he could check if his team mate was alright, but before he could even raise his arms, Chanyeol was already lying soullessly on the ground.

The sound of their coach demanding a break echoed through the building and the screams that came from the students almost instantly died down and turned into mutters that were mixed with whispers. After the referee blowed the whistle to signal a time out, Kris and Kai being the strongest of the team slung Chanyeol's arms over their shoulders and carried him towards the bench.

Baekhyun quickly pushed away the crowd that was forming around the unconcious boy and bent down as he started searching his pockets in panic. He cursed out loud when he found the pockets to be completely empty.

"Idiot didn't bring his ing inhaler." he said furiously to no one in particular.

The coach came right back after he sent out a call. "Seeing how he hasn't woken up yet, I think it's better if we take him to the hospital. Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Chen you're coming with us to the hospital. Sehun, you're up again taking his place."

The boys that were given duties nodded and in a flash, the whistle was blown and the game continued.

Yoona stood frozen the whole time, she was completely unaware of what she was supposed to do. She wanted to help him too of course, but with the fact that they only just met a few days ago she was worried that she'll be crossing the line. On top of that, Yoona knew his friends didn't exactly like her and if she was going to take action, it'll only make things worse between all of them.

As she was going to turn back towards the bench, she heard a familiar voice call out her name from behind.

"Yoona!"

She turned her head to see that it was no other than Byun Baekhyun. The coach and the rest of the boys were already seen leaving the gym, so when she saw him still standing in the same room as her, she couldn't help but put on a confused look.

Baekhyun quickly made his way towards her and she was taken aback when he suddenly grabbed her arm.

He gestured his head towards the door, "The exits that way."

Yoona shook his grip off of her and furrowed her eyebrows irritatedly. "What do you mean?"

"You're coming with us."

Without waiting for her to reply, Baekhyun was already dragging her out of the gymnasium. This time, he made his grip that was on her forearm tighter than before. No matter how much force she put into it, she couldn't remove his hand. She gulped hardly when the image of the pair of eyes that were on them appeared in her mind. However, what made her most worried was what Dahyun would think when she sees Baekhyun pulling her away.

When they were out of the gym, they started running down the hallway towards the parking lot where the rest was waiting for them.

"Baekhyun, what if Dahyun saw us?"

"Don't worry about it. You know she doesn't get jealous easily."

Since it already happened, Yoona didn't have any other choice than try to believe what Baekhyun had said was true. Although from what she knew, Dahyun got jealous much easier than what Baekhyun thought. She just never liked to show it considering how she thinks that boys will only use that as an advantage.

They reached the exit of the building and immediately spotted the van. Coach, Kyungsoo and Chen were waiting impatiently outside the vehicle for Baekhyun and when they spotted him exiting the front door, they all yelled and told them to hurry up.

"Why is she coming with us?" Chen looked at Yoona as the question came out.

"Chanyeol came here with her, and I don't think he'll be happy if he found out we left her at the game." Baekhyun answered.

Chen's cautious glare was still playing dangerously on his face. "She'd better not come up with anything stupid later on."

Kyungsoo who was sitting on the passenger's seat turned around to look at what was going on behind him, "I doubt that'll happen."

They were all well unaware that beads of sweat were forming underneath Yoona's hair and her palms were practically soaked in sweat. There was no doubt that Yoona was scared, but she wanted to be brave to make sure Chanyeol was alright.

  ▲▼▲▼  
When Chanyeol was brought into the emergency room, his eyes were still closed and his body was fully unconcious. Yoona had a few questions that were forming inside her mind like growing tree branches. She wanted to ask every single one of them, but after rethinking once more, she thought that it wasn't the right time--moreover with him still laying on the hospital bed would definitely be a stupid decission for her.

After he had done with his few check-ups, Yoona decided to stay and wait for him to wake up while the boys waited outside and the coach had a small talk with the docter as concern to Chanyeol's condition.

Seeing him laying there on the hospital bed brought her to remember the endless days she spent in his exact conditon. The hospital is never a place where teenagers want to stay or live their life in, and having to be laying and suddenly waking up in such a place will never be appealing to anyones eyes.

Although she didn't exactly know what it was, she had a feeling that Chanyeol was going through something difficult in his life. The bags under his eyes, his visibly boney cheekbones and his pale skin was enough proof for her to know that behind the cheerful boy was something else.

When she first saw him at the stairs, instead of seeing what she would normally see in a boy like his magnificent hair or his plump lips or his ridiculously long legs, she actually saw herself. The first time she took a look in his eyes, Yoona saw her reflection in him, and she was certain that it wasn't his mask of sunshine and rainbows.

After a few minutes passed by, Chanyeol's fingers started moving. It took no time at all for his eyes to fully open and adjust to the light. Yoona's eyes closed and let out a sigh of relief when she saw that he was okay.

Chanyeol blinked as he observed his surroundings before taking his oxygen mask off. "What am I doing here?"

Yoona bit her lip, "You had an asthma attack and you kind of--no, you fainted. I'll call the coach or the docter and tell them that you're awake."

She was going to stand up and find a person she should inform but she was quickly stopped when Chanyeol grabbed her wrist, pulling her back down on her chair. Yoona blinked questioningly as she eyed his hand that didn't leave hers.

"Thanks for staying with me." he smiled.

From this moment, she lost count of how many times she bit her lip nervously in front of him. "Well actually, Baekhyun kind of forced me to, but it's cool. I guess it's better than watching a game with no one to actually cheer for."

"Sorry." Chanyeol's husky low voice forced shivers to run down her spine.

The only thing she was happy to achieve in her past was the experience to hide her true feelings. Yoona can't even imagine how she'll react if she was told to face those beautiful pair of eyes without having any knowledge of acting calm when she really wasn't. The only thing she could think of was her pounding heart suddenly popping out of her chest creating a huge, embarrassing and disgusting scene.

"It's fine. But really, I think I should tell the others first." With her other hand, Yoona managed to remove Chanyeol's grip.

She stood up and flashed him a small smile before disappearing out to find an adult she trusts.

Not long passed and she came back with the coach and everyone else who came with him to the hospital. Chanyeol sat up when he saw the concerned look on coach Seo's face. It was clearly visible for everyones eyes to see and it was surprising that he wasn't trying to hide it. Coach took a few steps closer until he was standing right beside the bed. He dug his hands into his pockets and pulled out a small bottle of pills.

"What's this for?" Chanyeol received the pills with a questioned look.

"The docter said you're free to go but you have to take those for a while."

"Thanks, but I don't need any kinds of medication." he handed back the pills to the coach but stopped half-way w
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter