Out Little Talk

Tainted Red
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 




our little talk.
   It was still quite early in the morning at the time Yoona had her favorite winter outfit wrapped around her slim body while she stood in front of her dressing table, applying a soft layer of make-up to cover up her pale skin. On a Sunday morning like this, her brother would normally be out with his friends doing what-not and her parents would probably be spending the day in front of the tv together. As to knowing this, Yoona decided to go to the library for a study date with Chanyeol.

Nothing much has happened ever since she started dating him and surprisingly throughout that time, she didn't find him boring at all. In fact, Yoona thought Chanyeol has been nothing other than being truly lovely. He'd always take her to school and walk her home even though he could've used his motorbike. Make her laugh with the most ridiculous topics he could think of. Sometimes come over to her house whenever her parents were away and he would always choose his words very carefully, but he would never let it be something that could possibly make them feel distant.

Chanyeol had called her the other night saying that he would pick her up around ten in the morning and as to seeing how the arrow on her silver clock was still pointing at nine thirty, she decided to wait downstairs although she knew she still had plenty of time. After she finished preparing everything such as her books, purse, powerbank and her phone, Yoona fixed up her hair in front of the mirror one last time before walking out of her bedroom and closing it with a silent click.

Just like how she guessed a few moments ago, Mirae found her parents sitting in front of the tv watching a rerun of the variety show called running lady. She knew how much they loved watching it together considering the fact that how it could easily make them laugh freely even though they have a lot of stress from work piling up on their shoulders. It was ever their most favorite show, and back then, Yoona would sometimes watch and laugh together with both her parents and her brother. But now, it isn't like that anymore.

She walk over to the free couch before slumping her body on it and leaning her back against the soft cushion. Yoona let out a big sigh and her mother turned to look her way.

"Have you had breakfast yet?" Mrs. Choi asked, slightly raising her head from her sleeping position.

Yoona only nodded her head slowly as she had both her lips pressed together forming a thin line. But little did her mother know that what her daughter had answered was just a lie. As much as she was excited for today, she still didn't have the least bit of an appetite.

It was then Mr. Choi who spoke up, "Chanyeol isn't here yet?"

"Not yet," Mirae looked at the watch on her wrist, "he said he'll be here at ten."

"Don't do anything that isn't suitable for teenagers your age, okay?" Mirae's mom warned, "And make sure you really do study at the library and no funny business."

Mirae groaned quietly, "Yes, mom."

"Good," she smiled. "Where's your brother?"

"I don't know," Mirae said with a shrug. "He's probably out with his friends."

Mr. Choi let out a frustrated sound, "When's your brother ever going to grow up and take life seriously?"

"Dad," Mirae looked at her dad with a soft gaze, "let him do what he wants."

"That boy won't get a future if all he does is play around--"

"Honey, if he says he's going to be a singer and a songwriter then we should let him," Mrs. Choi cut her husband off when she noticed the slight raise of his tone. "Kibum knows what he's doing."

"He already isn't attending university. Why can't he just find a normal job?"

"Because your son was born an artist. He doesn't do normal but I'm sure he'll do amazing things in the future."

Mr. Choi sighed, "I hope you're right."

Talking about her brothers dream like that made Yoona slightly question herself. She always dreamed of becoming a successfull person in the future but she doesn't even know how to make that dream come true, let alone where to even start. Sure, she has a few hobbies like playing her guitar and she used to love swimming but she's never felt serious with either one of them. Sometimes, when her brother was playing and singing soo gleefully with his guitar on his lap and his guitar pick held gracefully on his right hand, Yoona would silently watch him with envy. She never thought about what her future was going to be like, and after hearing her mother speak of her brother, she started questioning what she must've been doing her whole life.

She looked at the clock for the nth time that day and when the arrow showed exactly twenty minutes before ten, Yoona decided to rest her eyes for a while and wait until he comes pick her up. Sighing inwardly, Yoona rested her back on the comfy cushion behind her.

Not long after, she jumped in shock as her eyes flung wide open when a loud honking noise entered her half conscious ears. Mirae blinked to adjust her eyes to the rooms lighting. She only just realized that she fell asleep during that short period of time. The red La-Z-boy sofa that stood in front of her was now empty and same goes for the tv that was showing nothing but a black screen.

She got up on her two feet and made her way to the window. But after pulling the curtains aside, Yoona's heart sunk when she saw Chanyeol leaning against a bright red Mazda, juggling his keys in one hand. It seemed like she wasn't the only one startled by the sound because her mother had come to the living room in her apron, telling her to hurry up and meet Chanyeol who was waiting for her outside.

Yoona gulped hard, dragging her feet along the carpet with her bag hanging dangerously on her shoulder. Mrs. Choi had told Mirae that her father was out to buy some missing ingrediants so it was only the two left in the house.

"Will you be okay alone, mom?" she asked nervously while her hands fiddled with her boot straps.

"Don't worry about me," Mrs. Choi assured her with a bright expression. "Your dad will probably be here any minute."

Yoona nodded. She took a deep breath before straightening herself up and reaching for the doorknob, slowing turning it to reveal the chilly wind from outsides extreme weather. But besides that, there was a neatly dressed Chanyeol that stood in front of the door with a position that was his finger aiming for the doorbell. After seeing his girlfriend with her mother behind her, Chanyeol immediately straightened up and bowed at a respectful angle. His bright smile never leaving his face.

Mrs. Choi watched as Yoona took her position beside Chanyeol with a proud smile. And after bidding the pair of adolescents a goodbye and a short "take care and don't forget to be home by 9" the two nodded before turning away. Chanyeol intertwined his fingers together with the lass and stepped out into the first day of winter.

He thought all was going well until Yoona tugged her hand away, stopping in her tracks "Chanyeol.. I can't."

Chanyeol looked at her in question, "You can't what?"

"I can't get in the car."

"Why not?"

"Just... I just can't. Can't we walk or take the b
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter