That Little Incident

Tainted Red
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 




that little incident.         Starting from today, Yoona was finally permitted to go to school by herself. Although a part of her was more than happy she could finally let her brother free from taking care of her, she still wanted him to be there and give her words of encouragement before she entered the school building.

When she currently was on the way home from cram school, she started to feel drops of water tapping lightly on her hair. Yoona didn't have any other choice than to run to the closest shelter which was a bus stop. A few office workers and a group of school girls from a different school were there too, probably with the same reason as her. When she looked up at the sky, it didn't seem like the rain was going to stop any minute closer so she decided to take a seat and wait.

Minutes later, the amount of people started decreasing each time a bus came by and in the end Yoona was left alone to wait for the rain. She took out her phone and saw that it's already been fifteen minutes since the rain started. She heaved a sigh, hoping for a miracle that could make the sky clear so she could get home safely. Yoona was starting to get cold and the thick school blazer she was wearing wasn't quite helping. When she thought it was too much for her to wait for the rain that could possibly end when it hit nightfall, she decided to take a run. But when she stood up, her phone started ringing.

"Where are you? Mom's getting worried."

She looked at her surroundings although she already knew, "I'm at the bus stop near the convenience store. It's still raining like crazy."

Yoona heard chain sounds from the other line, "I'll pick you up, but I'm using the car."

"No."

"Yoona." Her brothers voice became stern.

"I said no. I'm not riding the ing car."

She heard her brother take a deep breath and she could already imagine him becoming frustrated by her stubbornness. "You cant keep being like this."

"I don't care. I can go home by myself." And with that last sentence, she cut off the line. Yoona didn't want to hear her brother's response because she knew that he'll probably just keep on forcing her to do something she doesn't want to.

After slipping her phone back inside her pocket, Yoona tried to keep herself warm. She kept rubbing her arms and blowing in warm breath into her hands to warm up her cheeks, but it was no use. The sky was getting darker and Yoona started worrying if she'll ever get back home in time. If only she wasn't such a coward she would've already been at home enjoying a cup of hot chocolate and watching variety shows with her brother with layers of blankets covering them up.

Yoona was pacing back and forth, trying her best to keep her body warm when a red Audi suddenly stopped in front of her. The driver rolled down the windows revealing the boy that used to be considered as one of her best friends.

"Hop on!" Baekhyun shouted out through the pouring rain.

"I'm fine!"

He pursed his lips as he pulled his gaze away for a second. "You'll catch a cold!"

"I don't care Baek. I told you I'm fine! Just leave me..." her voice suddenly started trailing off when Baekhyun stepped out of the car and snatched her bag that was lying on the bench. He threw it inside the back seat and came back to confront her.

"Your choice." he shrugged, taking a glance at the car behind him.

Yoona bit her bottom lip nervously and shifted her gaze from the vehicle before looking up at the sky and turning back towards Baekhyun. He didn't look promising enough with his arrogant expression but Yoona knew that Baekhyun wasn't the type to do anything harmful towards his friends. She just had to trust him for this time.

"Fine."

Yoona ran towards the passengers seat trying as much to cover herself from the rain, but when she was finally in front of the door, she froze in her spot. Baekhyun was already in the car and so when he noticed the girl wasn't there yet, he questioned the figure standing outside. He rolled down the passengers seat window and leaned closer so he could see her face.

"Hurry up. There's no use using the car if you're just gonna stand there in the rain."

He was right. It was now or never. Her friend was there offering her help but he was completely unaware that he was helping her get through something bigger. She heaved a breath before letting herself slip into the passengers seat. Baekhyun noticed that his hair was slightly wet but Yoona was drenched in rain water. He turned to the back seat and took out a small blanket before throwing it towards her.

"Dry yourself up with that," he said before starting up the engines.

Yoona furrowed her brows, "You keep a blanket in your car?"

"Well yeah, I mean, Dahyun's gotta stay warm when she has no clothes on, right?"

She snorted, "You're unbelievable."

Either way Yoona started drying her hair, but when something came up inside her mind she stopped with a cautious look on her face.

"Baek,"

"What?"

"Don't tell me this has your all over it."

There was a wave of silence that filled the air where Baekhyun kept blinking as he thought of a particular something and Yoona was still frozen in her drying-my-hair position.

"Mayyyybe."

"Oh God, Baek that's disgusting!" she yelled. Yoona threw the blanket away to the back seat and Baekhyun started bursting out laughing.

"Sorry." he apologized in between giggles.

Yoona rolled her eyes as she shifted in her spot. She looked out of the window and the car suddenly became quiet. There was a voice inside her that wanted to thank Baekhyun for making the ride much more comforting, but the words kept stuck in . She unconsciously glanced to her side and studied Baekhyun's side profile. After everything he had to endure because of her faults, Baekhyun was still gladly lending her a hand.

"Baekhyun," tears started streaming down her cheeks when the silence made all her memories come back.

"Hey, hey. Don't cry," he tried to comfort her but it was quite hard to do when he had to focus on the road.

"Can you get me off here?"

"But Yoona--"

"Please, I--I can't do this yet."

Baekhyun abruptly stopped the car at the side of the road before giving her a soft look, "Actually, we're already here."

Yoona looked up from her lap and wiped away her small tears, "I'm sorry. I--It's still a bit hard. Thank you for bringing me home."

He nodded once and smiled. Baekhyun reached for her bag behind him and took out an umbrella "Use this to get inside. Just don't forget to give it back to me tomorrow."

Yoona thanked him with a smile, she was about to turn around to open the door but stopped when Baekhyun called her out.

"Hey, Yoona,"

She raised her eyebrows in question.

"Sorry about Dahyun. She just um... she just has to sort some things out first." Baekhyun said uneasily.

Yoona guessed that it probably took him some courage to speak out words regarding his girlfriend's relationship with her. She was very touched with how he actually even cared about it unlike other boyfriends who would probably just care about their own problems. Yoona was just glad that Dahyun found someone she could trust to keep her safe.

A sad smile appeared on Yoona's lips, "Tell her I'm sorry,"

And with that, she left the car leaving Baekhyun wondering how the two girlfriends could become strangers in such a short amount of time. He just hoped that one day they'll get back together. Baekhyun missed watching his girlfriend laugh whole-heartedly with her best friend right beside her.

As Yoona ran towards her house, puddles of water were splashing here and there due to her heavy steps. Even when she made it to the front door, Yoona's sobbing couldn't find it's ending. She left the umbrella at the porch before turning the door-knob and running upstairs into her room, avoiding the constant calls from her worried mother. The mental pain that was going on inside her was driving her insane. She shouldn't have forced herself to do something she knew she wasn't yet capable of.

After slamming her door shut and locking it up, she threw her bag away somewhere inside he room. Yoona went towards her drawer and took out her pocket knife. She needed to feel something other than the hurt and confusion. At that moment, Yoona hated herself so much that she wanted to tear herself up into pieces.

Just as the image of her blood trickling down her wrist, she found herself tapping on her wall as the mental pain started sinking in. She forced her eyes shut but the picture of the blade that was going to slice through her pale wrist brought goosebumps to rise all over her wrists. Her heart started beating rapidly and her breath caught as her thoughts rushed. Dragging the blade along her skin, a red line appeared and quickly blood begins to ooze out of the cut, and with it the feeling of fault begins too ooze out of her body. It's an escape from reality. No matter how temporary it is, to Yoona it was a relief to escape all the pain.

That night, Yoona refused to leave her room. When she was crawled up underneath her bed sheets sinking deep into her thoughts, Yoona heard two knocks against her bedroom door.

"Yoona, open up. You haven't eaten anything yet." It was her mom.

She had second thoughts on whether to answer or just stay quiet. Yoona knew that if she just pretended to already be asleep her mother would decide to leave and let her rest. But she couldn't lie to herself about her needing to feel the warmness from her mother. After the long day she just had, she wanted to be with the only person who really loves her and all her flaws.

She put on her cardigan to cover up her cuts before walking towards the door. "I'm not hungry."

"Can you at least please open up?"

She took a deep breath and hesitantly unlocked the door before placing her hand above the door-knob to slowly turn it open. The minute she saw the figure of her mother standing in front of her, she couldn't help but let the tears escape to stream down her pale cheeks.

"O-oh," Yoona's mother was surprised with her daughter who suddenly sobbed while she clung onto her like her life depended on it. She took no time to wrap her arms around Yoona, "Mom's here honey, don't worry."

After a few moments, her crying started to decrease. Yoona's mom slightly pulled back to look at her daughter in the eyes and ask, "What happened?"

Yoona only sniffled before turning back towards her bed, "I'm kind of tired... good night, mom."

Her mother pursed her lips and sighed, "Good night. Try going out to catch some fresh air tomorrow, okay, sweetie?"

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter