Everybody's Beginning

Tainted Red
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 




everybody's beginning.     The school gym was crowded with students who were trying out the candidate's campaign and the committee who were managing the election were scurrying back and forth as if they were in a hurry to catch the last train home. From the looks of it, Yoona could've sworn that she could see their never-ending beads of sweat dripping from their faces as it glistened each time they walked past.

To the students' relief, it turns out there was a last minute change of plans when their school principle announced early in the morning that it was alright for the students to take some hours off their subjects in order to witness their future school president's speech in the middle of the school day.

At the back of the gym stood the three stalls for each candidate's campaign. From what Yoona saw, they were all selling the same kind of snacks and the only clear difference were that their cupcakes looked much, much, tastier. Suho and his friends came to conclusion that the people who were going to guard the stall and put on wide smiles for the buyers should be the ones who were adored by the girls. Therefore, after many attempts in pleading their seniors, they managed to get the high school babies, Xiumin and Luhan to take care of Suho's precious cupcakes. At first, Xiumin and Luhan hated having to be put behind the stall instead of hanging out with their other friends as they joked around, but as more girls kept approaching and batting their eyelashes at them, they figured that it wasn't too bad after all – although of course, Luhan's girlfriend Sohyun was standing right beside the stall keeping a good eye on her boyfriend and yelling, shouting or shrieking at each girl that tried to hit on him in any way possible.

With help but the whole basketball team, the posters that they recently made were already put up on each corner of the school a few days prior to the Election Day. They had also finished the hardest task of getting students to buy their t-shirts with help from the famous Kim Jongin or Kai to his preference. Although it was quite a hard task, the students who brought home all the stocks were mainly Suho's junior fangirls.

The money they earned was going to be donated to the school. Many students thought it was quite an unfair policy if the candidates who lost the election also had to donate everything they earned after putting up all their hard work and sweat into the campaigns only to be returned back with completely nothing. But nevertheless, they had no power against the rules that were already formed by their school principle years before today.

Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Yoona were sitting on the bleachers as they watched their school mates walk around like hundreds of hungry ants in their nest. The committee was still working around the stage, preparing everything needed such as chairs, tables, microphones, speakers, and most importantly the voting boxes.

Their juniors who were still in middle school were playing around, sometimes finding a chance to annoy some of the high-tempered seniors. Yoona has never been close with any of the middle schoolers – heck, she doesn't even remember any of their faces – and she thought that maybe it was because their building was at the other end of their entire school grounds.

Averting her attention back onto the small stall they set up, they managed to suppress a laugh a couple of times when they saw a few girls run up to pinch Xiumin's fluffy cheeks after buying one of their home made cupcakes – Baekhyun even started to loose count of how many there were. On the other side, Luhan was just standing beside him, showing no expression at all on his face as he listened to his girlfriend's continuous scolding.

Not too long after, the announcement for all the students to gather to the stage located at the farthest end of the gymnasium was heard through the speakers. Baekhyun didn't wait for his friends and hopped his way down by stepping onto each row, one by one. Yoona and Chanyeol only watched in amusement. From where they were standing, they could've mistaken him for one of the seventh year students.

"Should we go down?" Chanyeol asked, "but we could just stay here if you want."

Yoona nodded right away, "I think we should go and cheer for Suho sunbae."

With that, Chanyeol sent her an agreeing smile before extending his hand for Yoona to wrap hers around it tightly. He steadily helped her down the steps and down towards the hardwood floor. But, little did they know that Dahyun and her friends who were sitting just a few meters away were keeping a sharp eye on the girl while they muttered criticism in every single one of her aspects. Even if Yoona saw them, she would simply pretend that she didn't see and continue walking as if nothing had happened. Yoona had no intention to creat trouble with anyone anymore.

Turning their gazes towards the row of chairs, they quickly spotted a few of Chanyeol's friends; Lay, Jinni and Chen. They decided to join them who were already calmly seated with the rest of the student body on the plastic blue chair, a few rows away from the center stage.

"I heard guardian hyung's turn is last," Chen whispered into Chanyeol's ear.

The latter only nodded with an understanding smile before turning his head around to the girl seated beside him. He intertwined their fingers together before placing it gently on his lap. Chanyeol gave it a gentle squeeze as his eyes moved up to meet hers. For the past few days, Yoona's gaze looked over-and-above fresher and she smiled more than the first few days of their encounter. As to knowing this fact, there was no doubt that Chanyeol felt more than glad.

After the small introduction from their principle that was followed by the announcer, the first candidate was told to step up on stage to present his speech. It was quite a rare scene to watch Taehyung; one of their schools brightest and most hyper-active students trembling so much that it made the paper in his hands start to tremble with it. It came down to Yoona's conclusion that having the whole school's attention onto your whole being was in fact probably one of the most frightening things a normal student could ever experience.

The sound of the students' loud roars mixed with their claps – some reflected how proud they were for their friend and some were just painfully spiritless – echoed through the gymnasiums hall making the sound seem much louder than how it did in reality. Yoona and Chanyeol clapped too although they inwardly hoped that Suho will get a better reaction coming after.

After the cheering died down for a short lapse of time, it continued on with unheard chatters. The announcer then appeared back on stage, but it wasn't long until he returned back to his seat in prior to the next candidate to read out his speech for the whole school to hear. Surprisingly, the next one up was no other than their most loved senior, Kim Junmyeon.

In the morning before the candidacy started, Chanyeol, Yoona and the others were told by Suho himself that considering how he was the senior to the other candidates made him have to step back and become the last to convey his hand written speech. Thus, when they saw their senior suddenly walking up on stage at a time that they did not expect, it brought every single one of his friends to raise their eyes in total confusion – although despite that, they didn't mind as long as Suho still got a chance to do what he had been preparing for days.

Suho walked over to the standing microphone in the middle of the stage before slipping his paper inside his pocket to give out his speech without any text to back him up. From her left side, Yoona heard someone scoff in a very inappropriate manner and she couldn't help but send that girl a glare – sadly, it ended up with the girl glaring back, slightly tormenting her to shrink into her shell.

"Are you alright?" Chanyeol asked when he noticed Yoona's hand that was wrapped around his slightly tense up.

"I'm fine... I just hope that Suho sunbae will win," It wasn't technically a lie, she thought to herself afterwards.

"Good morning, teachers, students and the staff of Hyundai School that has gathered here together on this fine day. I stand here before you to discuss the reasons why I want to be elected as school president for the continuing period of 2016," Suho began with the introduction that made everyone in the room suddenly become silent. Truth be told, it wasn't much of a surprise to his friends who were watching him from below the stage because they all knew that despite his many haters, there were still many people who adored, loved and even looked up to him.

"For those who don't know me, my name is Kim Junmyeon or more known to as the following nickname Suho. I have been attending Hyundai School for almost 6 wonderful years now which is since my seventh grade and I would be very honored and privileged to represent my school as a leader. I would give anything to be school president in this year, 2016. I feel I can be a positive leader and an excellent role model for youn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter