The Difference And The Flirt

Sick Souls

A/N: Sorry I didn't get to update sooner, but my computer crashed with the new chapter some days ago and I couldn't save it, so I had to write a new one xD Hope you enjoy!

 

 

 

It was Thursday and it was time for SeungHyun to have a session with DaeSung. This time DaeSung didn't have to wait. SeungHyun stepped inside at the exact time. He looked a little uneasy, but instead of taking orders, he just sat at the couch.

 

“How are you SeungHyun?” DaeSung asked as he took a seat in the nice armchair. SeungHyun kept looking at the table.

 

“I am not much better, I feel like my head is going to explode from all this. I can't sleep, and I am not hungry, I don't know what to do with myself, and I hate my life...” SeungHyun answered. Now that SeungHyun wasn't looking, DaeSung allowed himself to smile. It was not because he was indifferent about how SeungHyun felt, but DaeSung could clearly see and hear that the guy in front of him was getting a little better. Normally, people wouldn't notice themselves at first, but others would be able to spot a few differences over the time that he was taking the medicine.

 

“I know it's difficult right now, but I promise you it will get better. I already see a difference in you. I asked you a very simple question and you told me exactly how you felt. Two sessions ago, I would have to drag every word out of you. I am sure you'll be able to see a difference soon. I promise.” DaeSung said and SeungHyun just noticed that the psychiatrist was right. He did answer him with a long sentence. Maybe JiYong would have noticed too?

 

“Really?” SeungHyun said, and even lighted up a little. That was the first time DaeSung saw the man smile, and he could see he felt happy by the news. It was a rather tiny smile, but it was there.

 

“Really.” DaeSung assured him. He smiled back at him, and it was a very honest and rather cute smile. SeungHyun's heart skipped a beat. To be honest, he hadn't really looked at him, and seen how handsome he looked. But that smile was so sweet and he felt like he had just dumped down from heaven. SeungHyun couldn't take his eyes of him.

 

“Now that we are on our way to a bettering, I think you should take two extra pills, they aren't that strong, so to get the best result, I think it would be a good idea.” DaeSung said, looking down in his papers while SeungHyun kept starring. DaeSung didn't notice, he was writing something and taking a prescription note and filled it out.

 

“How do you feel about the hallucinations?” DaeSung asked, and finally looking at the mesmerized SeungHyun. Quickly, before DaeSung got to notice, SeungHyun snapped out of his own little dreamworld and looked at the table again.

 

“Uhm... I guess it's the same.” SeungHyun said with a shrug. He hadn't really noticed if there was a difference. Maybe? Nah, he didn't know.

 

“Okay. We give it a little while more before we decide to do something, it also takes a little time before you notice a difference.” DaeSung answered, again writing something on his pad and SeungHyun sneaked a peek to look at him.

 

“Do you have any questions, or something you wanna talk about? I am here to help you, so if there's anything I can do to help, I will do it. Also, I am great listener.” DaeSung said with a cute smile and slightly chuckled. SeungHyun shrugged again. Not sure whether or not to spill all his secrets and feelings.

 

“I don't know...” SeungHyun carefully said. Trying not to steal too many glances at the person in front of him. DaeSung nodded, looking thoughtful.

 

“Have you experienced any hard times in your childhood, unusual tough things? Maybe your parents got divorced, or someone close to you died, or one of your parents having an addiction?” DaeSung asked. SeungHyun didn't know what to say. He wasn't sure he should say anything.

 

“It's okay if you don't want to talk about it. But if there's no one from your family having a mental illness, then there should be a trauma for the Schizophrenia to activate, at least most of the times.” DaeSung said. SeungHyun sighed, he could just as well tell him.

 

“I had a sister who died when we were kids... My family was broken and my mom, who was a very smiling and bright woman, turned gray and stop living. Not that she died, but she just stopped being happy and was just home all the time. My father took it hard too, but he kept moving on and was the one who worked. At that time I didn't know how to react. The family was torn apart, and I just tried escaping from life. After some years it got better for me, and I choose to live on my own. I was about 18 at that time. JiYong had been by my side for a long time, and he's the only one who still is.” SeungHyun finished. DaeSung tried with a tiny smile to make SeungHyun feel better.

 

“How old were you when she died?” DaeSung carefully asked. SeungHyun shrugged.

 

“About 11-12 years old. I guess. To be honest, I can't remember how old she was. I think I have just tried to forget.” SeungHyun answered.

 

“Were you close?” DaeSung asked, and SeungHyun shrugged again.

 

“I guess at that age, she was tired of me. You know, the normal brother-sister-relationship. Nagging and hating each other.” SeungHyun said. A slight smile his lips when he remembered back to when they were kids and playing around.

 

“So she was older than you?” DaeSung asked, making SeungHyun nod in response.

 

“I am sorry.” DaeSung said, causing SeungHyun to look up at him. He send him an encouraging smile. DaeSung smiled back, their eyes connecting for a few seconds, where it felt like everything in the world stood still. After those seconds, DaeSung cleared his throat and looked at his notepad.

 

“I should find a new time for you.” DaeSung mumbled and went to his desk where he picked up his calender on the tablet and found a time.

 

“Next Tuesday? At... 11am?” DaeSung asked, making SeungHyun just nod. DaeSung booked the session and gave SeungHyun a card.

 

“If there's anything in the meantime, you can always just call me. And remember, two more pills of the depression medicine.” DaeSung said.

 

“Yes. See you on Tuesday...” SeungHyun answered. The last minutes had been so awkward, like DaeSung tried to get rid of him quickly. SeungHyun didn't take it as if DaeSung actually didn't want him there, he guessed he was just busy.

 

“Bye SeungHyun.” DaeSung said with a smile. SeungHyun took a last look at DaeSung and went out of the door, going to the pharmacy and picking up more pills, before he went home.

 

***

 

JiYong was home and writing an article for some fashion thing. His phone buzzed and he picked up immediately when he saw the name of the caller.

 

“Hi SeungRi.” He answered with a smile.

 

“Hi Cutie. What are you doing?” SeungRi asked and moved around as he shifted to another way of lying on his bed.

 

“Writing about shoes. You?” JiYong asked and couldn't help but smile. Why did this guy have to be so perfect? He was so sweet...

 

“Lying in my bed and thinking about you. There's room for one more.” SeungRi said with a sweet voice. JiYong smiled and stopped looking at his computer, feeling the flirting start.

 

“That's a shame that no one is filling that room... Maybe I should come by and see if I could fit?” JiYong answered, smiling wide and his heart beating from excitement.

 

“Yeah, you should do that. I am sure that you will fit. Or else we would just be lying really close. I guess it wouldn't be a problem?” SeungRi said, still flirting.

 

“No that wouldn't be a problem.” JiYong answered with a light in his eyes that met with the smile on his lips.

 

“But it's really cold in my apartment, so we should heat each other up with our bodies. You know that without clothes it's easier, right?” SeungRi suggested with a smirk.

 

“I know, so I should just take a shower, and go to you? We can't have you freezing there all by yourself. It's almost like a rescue mission, sounds like I will have to do some first aid.” JiYong answered.

 

“Then I guess I'll see you soon Cutie.” SeungRi said with a smile and made a kissing sound over the phone.

 

“See you.” JiYong answered, kissing back. It was a little weird, but it was also so awesome. And really sweet.

 

***

 

SeungHyun finally got home and unlocked the door. He could hear that JiYong was in the shower when he entered and put the small bag with the pills on the counter.

 

“I am home.” SeungHyun said on the other side of the door to the bathroom, so JiYong could hear it.

 

“Okay!” JiYong yelled back and turned off the water. He stepped out and put a towel around his waist and opened the door.

 

“How did it go Sweetie?” JiYong asked and SeungHyun appeared in front of him from the living room so they could talk.

 

“It went okay... I guess... Have you noticed me talking more?” SeungHyun asked and looked at JiYong's upper body which was soaking wet. Not that he was interested in him, he actually thought more about the wooden floor that he was standing on, so that it wouldn't leave a stain.

 

“Well... Yeah, you are much more interested in talking to me now than before. I thought it was because you just felt a little more at home. Is it the medicine that's working?” JiYong said and smiled.

 

“I guess. Dae said he was seeing a difference, so I guess.” SeungHyun answered.

 

“Well that's a good thing!” JiYong said with a big smile.

 

“Oh by the way, can you stay by yourself tonight? Order some take-out, maybe watch a movie?” JiYong quickly asked and SeungHyun nodded, smiling a little.

 

“Are you going to see him again?” SeungHyun said with a chuckle. JiYong blushed and nodded.

 

“He called and wanted to see me. So I am on my way there.” He answered and SeungHyun laughed.

 

“Sure. You go see the guy.” SeungHyun answered and went to the living room, where he dropped down on the couch. He felt so weird after seeing DaeSung, and getting all these feelings.

 

After some time, JiYong was done getting dressed and said goodbye to SeungHyun, who reminded him to wear a . JiYong just faked a laugh and went out.

 

SeungHyun stayed at the couch for a little while, where he was thinking. After a while, he decided that he should do something about the whole DaeSung thing. Whatever that he was his patient. So he went to take a shower, shaved all the beard off, and even gave himself a haircut. When he was done, he actually admitted to himself, in spite of his very low self-esteem, that he looked pretty good. He couldn't remember himself being this handsome, maybe he even had a chance with DaeSung now?