Seung-WHAT?

Sick Souls

SeungHyun woke up while lying on the bed in his room. He couldn't even remember that he fell asleep, but it couldn't have lasted long, because it was almost daybreak last time he looked out of the window, and now the sun was about to shine over the buildings. Slowly he got up, and stepped out into the living room. He noticed that there was someone singing, and he only thought it was on a radio or something, until he got to the kitchen and could hear there was no music, but just DaeSung standing there, singing while cooking something. He wasn't singing loudly, just loud enough to enjoy himself.

 

“Wow, you sing really well.” SeungHyun mentioned as he stepped inside, and DaeSung quickly turned around, completely red in his face.

 

“Uhm... Thanks.” He answered, and turned away again, mentally slapping himself for forgetting that another person was in his apartment.

 

“What are you making?” SeungHyun asked, trying to change the subject, because it was clear that DaeSung was uncomfortable with the other.

 

“Oh! Well, I am making food for you to heat up, when I am at work.” DaeSung answered, smiling to him, still with a little blush on his cheeks.

 

“You don't have to. But thanks.” SeungHyun answered and sat down by the table. DaeSung handed him a cup of fresh coffee.

 

“I can't have you starving here, just because I have to work.” DaeSung said, chuckling a bit. SeungHyun drank from the coffee, and shifted in the seat, so his legs were to the side, and not under the table, and then he crossed them, sitting more comfortable.

 

“Do you like your work?” SeungHyun then asked, causing DaeSung to look a bit thoughtful.

 

“It has it's pros and cons. But overall I like it.” DaeSung answered, and tasted the food he was making. He couldn't make food like TaeYang, but this was one hell of a good dish.

 

“Isn't it tiring to listen to everyone's problems?” SeungHyun asked, softly playing with a napkin on the table. He was tearing it apart, while looking at DaeSung, or well, his back.

 

“No, because if I can, I want to help them solve those problems. And if I can't, I can help them on, to another kind of help. I like working with people, and normally they like me back.” DaeSung answered, turning around to face SeungHyun.

 

“Why do you ask those questions?” DaeSung carefully asked, but he already knew the answer.

 

“Just... Curious.” SeungHyun answered, looking down at the torn napkin.

 

“You are not in the way sweetie. I really like having you here, and I will help you for as long as you need. Don't hate yourself for needing help, everyone will need help at some point in their life. And I am here to make it easier for you.” DaeSung said, walking towards him as he talked, and gave him a hug at the end. SeungHyun smiled a little.

 

“Thanks.” He just said, closing his eyes in the hug and enjoyed it. DaeSung softly let him go again, and smiled kindly at him.

 

“Don't for one second think you are a burden.” DaeSung assured him and caressed his cheek before he went back to his food. SeungHyun felt better after the talk, and drank some more of the coffee, not wanting to say anymore about the matter. A few seconds after, DaeSung's phone rang. He picked it up from his pocket and answered.

 

“Hi Kitty, I wanted to hear if it would be alright that Ji and I came by?” SeungRi asked from the other end, and DaeSung looked at SeungHyun, who clearly could hear the conversation. DaeSung looked at him with a questionable face to see if he was okay with it. He just nodded and went back to his coffee, a little sad that he couldn't have DaeSung by himself all day like yesterday.

 

“Sure, whenever you want.” DaeSung answered and they hung up, not needing to say anything else.

 

“So... Company...” DaeSung mumbled to SeungHyun, maybe also a bit sad that they would have a day with the other two, kissing, and loving each other, when all he wanted to do, was exactly the same as them, just with SeungHyun.

 

“Yeah, I am sure it will be fun. But no freaking bowling!” SeungHyun said with a grin, making a statement with a finger to the table. DaeSung laughed along.

 

“No, I am not doing any sports.” DaeSung answered, putting some food on the table, but not the dish he had just prepared, it had to be saved. And the things he put on the table weren't bad, so they started eating. Even SeungHyun managed to eat a half plate. They talked for a while, about everything and nothing, and after some time, DaeSung chose to clean up, and put the dish he made, into small boxes, so it would be quick for SeungHyun to take as lunch. SeungHyun watched DaeSung as he moved around in the kitchen, and they talked while DaeSung worked. It was really nice, for the both of them. It felt almost family-like. None of them minded that.

 

“Can I take a shower?” SeungHyun asked when DaeSung was done and he nodded.

 

“Sure. Let me show you where the things are.” DaeSung answered and showed SeungHyun the towels, and how to turn on the shower, like he was 4. SeungHyun just laughed at him and gave him a pat on the hair. After that, DaeSung went out, and SeungHyun locked the door, so he could have some privacy. DaeSung went to his room, and found the book he was reading every now and then, and sat in the living room's armchair, reading while once in a while, he looked outside. When he could hear the water flow in the bathroom, he couldn't wait no more. So he picked up his phone, and called him.

 

“Hey...” TaeYang said in the other end, DaeSung could clearly hear that he knew who was calling.

 

“Hey. Can we talk?” DaeSung asked, and he heard a sigh from the other end. It was painful, but he knew he would lose him if he didn't talk to him.

 

“About?” TaeYang asked, clearly not wanting to hear what he had to say.

 

“I want us to be friends. Not like before, but like it was in the beginning. I care too much about you to lose you.” DaeSung admitted, and TaeYang sighed, sounding like he was giving up.

 

“Dae... I don't know if I can do it. Give me some time, and I am sure it will be better.” TaeYang answered, hanging up on him. DaeSung just looked at the phone and put it back in his pocket.

 

“At least you tried.” SeungHyun said from the door and DaeSung looked at him shocked.

 

“You are too much of a ninja.” DaeSung said, sending him a small defeated smile. SeungHyun went to him, and softly caressed his hair, like this was totally reversed.

 

“I know. Sorry. But I hope he won't wait too long. I can see you care for him.” SeungHyun said, sitting down on the armrest on the big chair. DaeSung just let his head fall on the others chest.

 

“Yeah...” DaeSung just answered, and received a warm hug from SeungHyun, as he was softly caressing his hair.

 

“Until he change his mind, I will care for you.” SeungHyun said, still having his arms around DaeSung. He smiled into the hug, and felt better from the hug. Before he could even answer, the door in the hallway opened and they could hear JiYong and SeungRi enter.

 

“Hey Dae-Kitty and Seung-Woof!” SeungRi yelled, making the both of them in the living room, crack completely, laughing until they had no breath left. SeungRi looked accusing at them as the two entered the living room. DaeSung dried his eyes, as they were crying from the laughter.

 

“Seung-Woof?” DaeSung asked, again laughing because of how silly it sounded. SeungRi looked at JiYong, but he too was trying not to laugh, but he couldn't hide it well, so when SeungRi hit his arm, he bowed under and laughed along with the other two.

 

“Very cute, and new.” SeungHyun said, now finally finished laughing. He somehow knew that objecting to that name was not going to work. But it would put a smile to his face for sure. So maybe it wasn't that bad.

 

“Well... He's not cat-like, except his eyes, and therefore more like a dog, so I thought it would suit him better with a... Oh forget it...” SeungRi said, until he gave up, when JiYong kept laughing. He smacked him over the top of his head, and it only made the disaster even worse. DaeSung and SeungHyun got up from the chair, and hugged their best friends. JiYong trying to gather himself in SeungHyun's arms, but it was just too funny.

 

“Oh shut up, it's a good name.” SeungHyun tried convincing JiYong, even though he wasn't sure how good the name was. But he was nice and tried to make it a bit better for SeungRi. DaeSung and SeungRi smiled at him, DaeSung was thankful that SeungHyun didn't think it was a bad thing to get a nickname from SeungRi. DaeSung invited them in, and they all sat down. SeungHyun and DaeSung on the couch, and JiYong pushed another armchair next to the one SeungRi was in. Simply couldn't sit at each end of the living room, and be more than 1 meter away from each other, that was impossible. DaeSung wondered if he would ever have something like that, and he wished that he could get some kind of relationship like that, and maybe with SeungHyun. Even though he wasn't sure, that the latter felt that way about him.

 

They had a nice day, and SeungRi went to his apartment, and dug out some old board games that they played. Which was way better suited than bowling. But JiYong and SeungRi lost most of the games, because they were busier with each other, than the game.