The Truth Shall Out

Sick Souls

JinWoo left not long after, and DaeSung managed to make the place look like there had been no blood or anything unusually happening here. SeungHyun was on the couch, and thinking about everything while the voices kept telling him all sorts of things. After some time, the door was knocked on and SeungRi and JiYong entered like it was all normal. DaeSung got surprised when he heard their voices in the entrance and quickly looked all over to see if anything was out of place. There was nothing to spot.

 

“Dae?” SeungRi called from the hall, and DaeSung was there immediately.

 

“Yes?” He answered and smiled, acting normal. SeungRi gave him a hug.

 

“How are you, both of you were really weird in the elevator.” SeungRi said and JiYong nodded, DaeSung sighed. He was deeply debating with himself if he should tell SeungRi everything that had been going on – which he felt like he should since he was his best friend, and he had sort of lied to him the whole time. Or if he should just keep playing pretend, until either he figured it out himself, or just let it slide and never mention it again.

 

“Yeah, uhm... Well...” He mumbled and pulled both of them with him to the living room. SeungHyun was staring blankly out into nothing and DaeSung softly shook him to life again.

 

“Would you be alright, if I told them what have happened?” DaeSung softly asked him, and SeungHyun shrugged. He couldn't really say if he wanted it or not, so maybe it was best if JiYong knew something as well. He simply nodded, and DaeSung went with SeungRi and JiYong into the kitchen, telling SeungHyun to join if he wanted, but DaeSung was pretty sure he was too upset to hear it all over again.

 

DaeSung and the other two sat down in the kitchen, and DaeSung served them some coffee, before he sighed and sat down.

 

“It's a bit complicated...” He started and looked at the two, who seemed both surprised and worried. DaeSung started telling them about TaeYang, that they had been sort of together, but that DaeSung had ended it when the other told him he liked and loved him. After that he explained TaeYang's weird behavior, and SeungRi was very taken aback by all this. Though he didn't blame the other for not telling him. That was already in the past. DaeSung then chose to tell them about the stalking TaeYang had done, with visiting him and SeungHyun. At the end of that, he sighed and scratched his eyebrow. Now the hard part was to tell them about yesterday. He inhaled deeply and started, telling them the side from his own point of view first, and then about what SeungHyun had said at the station, and his statement.

 

SeungRi gasped when he heard what TaeYang had did, and JiYong, who didn't know TaeYang, just kept his cool, but kept thinking what the poor SeungHyun had to go through. DaeSung told them that TaeYang didn't press charges and nothing more would happen with the case.

 

“So what now?” JiYong asked when DaeSung was done. DaeSung looked at him with a questionable face.

 

“I mean, what are we doing with SeungHyun now? Is he okay?” JiYong asked and DaeSung sighed softly.

 

“He's not okay, but his psychiatrist and I have found some medicine that could be worth trying, and I would go get it, but can you watch SeungHyun for those 10 minutes?” DaeSung answered, and the other two nodded.

 

“Sure. Of course we can. He needs the medicine.” JiYong answered, and got up. DaeSung and SeungRi got up to. JiYong went to DaeSung and hugged him very tight, almost making DaeSung cry, but he refused to cry. This just hurt so much, and he couldn't let his feelings process. All three of them went to the living room, sitting down at their own spots that had become rather much the places they always sat, and DaeSung put a hand on SeungHyun's shoulder, kissing him on the cheek. A soft smile appeared on SeungHyun's face. It was the nicest thing he had experienced the last hour.

 

“I am going to get the medicine that JinWoo and I talked about. JiYong will take care of you, alright? I will be back really really soon.” DaeSung said to SeungHyun in a low and promising voice. SeungHyun's head turned to him and he nodded. They kissed and DaeSung got up from the couch.

 

“Take good care of him.” He said to the other two and they nodded.

 

“Of course.” JiYong answered. DaeSung felt like he had to go for an eternity, and it sounded like that as well, even though it was just merely 10 minutes. After DaeSung left, JiYong moved to his best friend in the couch and held him in his arms, caressing his hair and hugging him. SeungHyun hugged him back, it had been a while since he had had the chance to really hug JiYong, and now he wouldn't let go of him again. SeungRi smiled a bit, it was cute to see them caring so much about each other, but his mind kept flashing to TaeYang. It was not nice thoughts he had to think about him. They were quiet for a while, before SeungHyun sniffled and JiYong once again caressed his back, making him feel better.

 

“It's not your fault. That psycho would probably have done something like it now or later. Don't blame yourself for his mistake.” Jiyong said and gave the older a squeeze in his arms. SeungHyun nodded softly into the embrace. After a few more minutes, the door opened and closed again and DaeSung was back. He came into the living room, with a bottle of water from the fridge and a pack of new medicine. JiYong softly let go of SeungHyun and DaeSung took over a bit. He sat down on the other side of SeungHyun, giving him the bottle of water, and one of the pills. SeungHyun drank the pill, as he should, and turned to JiYong again, crawling back into his arms. DaeSung couldn't help but think it was the cutest thing, but he didn't say anything. He just took the water bottle, and went out of the living room to the kitchen, to put the bottle back. SeungRi followed him quietly.

 

“You never told me you and TaeYang had become serious.” SeungRi said softly, as he sat down by the table and looked at DaeSung's back, while he was putting the bottle in the fridge.

 

“We weren't serious. Nothing about us was serious. Apparently he thought so.” DaeSung answered and rubbed his cheek, sitting down across the table from SeungRi.

 

“Why didn't you tell me?” SeungRi asked still quietly.

 

“I didn't think you needed to know. I never wanted to be that kind of guy, and if I told you I would never hear the end of it.” DaeSung sighed and looked down on the table.

 

“I liked our time together, but I never liked him more than a friend...” DaeSung admitted and scratched his hair.

 

“Actually, I knew he started to like me, but I just pushed it away. I didn't want to think about it, and I guess it went too far.” He said, feeling guilty that he hadn't said no from the start. Maybe he had somehow wanted it to be a lie, all of it.

 

“But you would never have known how far it would go, and you couldn't know that he would become creepy.” SeungRi said, taking DaeSung's hand over the table. DaeSung shook his head.

 

“No, I guess not.” He answered and nodded softly. They looked at each other and a small smile appeared on their lips. It was nice to have each other to talk to again. They had been apart for so long. It wasn't just the two of them anymore. SeungRi missed DaeSung's crazy psychiatry talk and his perspective on every guy SeungRi saw, or just looked at. DaeSung missed SeungRi's loose feeling about everything, and his happy way of always being there.

 

“Actually, we came to ask if you and Seung-Woof wanted to have dinner with us. The offer still stands.” SeungRi said with a smile.

 

“Thank you Ri.” DaeSung softly answered and smiled, nodding as an acceptance.

 

“You're welcome Dae-Kitty.” He said and they both smiled.