The kiss that was not from her

Song Ji Hyo and Kim Jong Kook

Ji Hyo didn’t look at him during the last part of the SBS entertainment awards. She didn’t talk to him during the celebration held by the crew, it was weird, they would usual chat a lot but she was not talking to him the whole time. She didn’t even say good bye to him, it was very evident, she said good bye to everyone else. Jong Kook wondered what was wrong.

Jong Kook wanted to message her during his ride back home but he figured it was too late. He went to sleep, pondering what he did wrongly. He woke up, it was only 9 and she would still be sleeping, he guessed, she is not duded the sleeping beauty for nothing. He decided to work out instead, all the exercises didn’t clear his head like they usually would. He ate the brunch his mom had prepared for him and at 12, he finally messaged her. “Did I offend you, Ji Hyo?”

“No, Oppa” came the short reply. He got the funny feeling he did, and she was fuming.

“Then, let’s meet for lunch or tea. My treat.” He tried to entice her.

“No, Oppa” came her short reply again. Jong Kook was surprised that she had refused his offer. She must be more than fuming.

“Beautiful, Ji Hyo, I had bought you Americano and your favourite food. Would you please open the door” Jong Kook sent her the message an hour later. He wanted to solve this puzzle. Ji Hyo was surprise when she saw the message, she looked though the monitor and really saw him at her door. She quickly open the door and let him in, she didn’t want to start a sandal.

“Oppa! What are you doing here” she exclaimed.

“Delivering food to you” he said innocently.

“We could start a scandal if the reporter caught you outside my door.” Ji Hyo said.

“Let’s why I message you to let me in quick” he smiled.

Ji Hyo felt her head throbbing, she was still angry with him but she couldn’t tell him the reason. Both of them walk to the dining table and he showed her what he got. “Ji Hyo, I am sorry for whatever I had done. Please forgive Oppa?” he wanted to clear the air as soon as possible,

“Oppa, it is not your fault, technically. It’s mine. Just let it slid?” Ji Hyo said.

“Why don’t you tell me, maybe I can explain?” Jong Kook wanted to know. "So it was something i had done then?" he continued to bug her, he really wanted to know the reason behind her anger.

“Oppa! Ok fine! Why did you let her kiss you!” Ji Hyo finally exploded. She knew it was an accident but Jong Kook could have avoided it.

“But she didn’t kiss me, we were millimetres apart. Really ! I swear. I had thought she would pull such a stun so I had tried to avoid it. But it was too close. Ji Hyo, please believe me” Jong Kook tried his best to convince Ji Hyo. He didn’t want Ji Hyo to think he kissed another girl in front of her, which man would want to let the woman he loved saw him kissing someone else. He didn’t want Ji Hyo to misunderstand.

“Really? You didn’t let her kiss you?” Ji Hyo confirmed again. Jong Kook kept nodding his head earnestly. She knew she didn’t have the rights to demand him not to kiss other women, she was just a colleague but if he was to indulge her, why not.

“Really.” He vouched. “She is not the person I wanted to give my kiss too. There is another woman” he looked at her, eyes deepened. She stared into his eyes, trying to search for a clue who is the other woman, the one he wanted to kiss, her rival. She could only see herself in there, slowly drowning in his gaze.

“Wh..oo… i..ss… i..tt.. “ she shuttered, both from trying to stop herself from crying and the anger that was slowly rebuilding inside her. Why this dork refused to see she was in love with him.

He looked at the woman in front of him, her eyes were slowly drowning in her tears. He bent down and kissed away the tears from both of her eyes, he could see the shock that dominated her eyes now. “The other woman is very beautiful, she had a bad temper sometimes, she had a very sweet smile, sometimes she is the most truthful woman I know, sometimes she would hide all her feelings. I had fallen for her so bad that no one woman had caught my eyes since I started to know her, but sadly she didn’t know my feelings. I often have to wonder whether she loves me too, until today, I know she do.”

Ji Hyo felt she had stopped functioning, her heart had stopped beating, her lungs are not breathing. She felt he hugged her, she couldn’t returned his embrace and yet her brain wanted too, what if he misunderstood her unresponsiveness as signs of reject, but she was in shock, she couldn’t believe she had just heard his confession. Her tears beginning to roll again, she couldn’t imagine her happiness she felt now.

Jong Kook felt the tears from the woman that he held dearly in his embrace. His heart was slowly turning cold from each drop of tears he caught on his chest, had he misread her behaviour and ruined their relationship. “Don’t cry,” he refused to let go of her, just for today, let him hold her, he would promise to let her go, if she had not love him. His heart grasped at the thought. “It’s ok, I had misread you, you don’t need to feel bad for me,  I will be ok, I am Kim Jong Kook.” He laughed drily, yes he was Kim Jong Kook and not gold, of course he was hurt, but he could keep all the hurt to himself. He loved her too much, she wanted to be the happy and care free person she always was. Just one more minute, he will let go of this woman forever, he slowly counting down in his heart.

His speech gave her life, he was not going to let go of her, not now, not forever “No Oppa, you are right. I love you, I love you for so long until I have lost count of time, I love you so much that it hurts to see people trying to kiss you, I had heard the truth and I will not let go of you anymore. I am going to stick to you, like slug.” she demanded.

Every word that Ji Hyo said, breathe life back into his heart, his heart was slowly gaining speed and move into overtime, he didn’t need to let go of her, he tightened his embrace, “I will not let go of you too. We will be like to slug that stick together forever, no one can tear us apart.” He felt her tight hug as well.

“Ji Hyo, you really love me right? This is not to be a dream , because if it is, if I ever wake up, I will be a walking zombie.” Jong Kook wanted another confirmation.

Ji Hyo grinned evilly, she slowly raised her foot and give Jong Kook’s a hard stamp. He immediately jumped away, his eyes asking why she did that. She was happily laughing, “This is to prove it is not a dream to you and I love you, Kim Jong Kook.” He reached out to her and pulled her to him again, this time, he raised her head while his lips met hers. The kiss lasted until they decided they need air. He declared his love once he got his breathe back. “I love you, Ji Hyo”