A few hours off

Song Ji Hyo and Kim Jong Kook

Ji Hyo tapped her fingers against the table, her boyfriend was late again. Fourth time this month, she knew he was busy with his album and appreciated that he made the effort to arrange for a date but sitting here waiting for him is boring. He rushed in the door, beads of sweat framed his face. “I sorry, I knew I said I wouldn’t be late but there was a traffic jam and the interview ended late…” A glass of water appeared in front of him.

“Slow down and take a drink of water.” She saw his eyes bags under his eyes and his eyes showed tiredness. “We could not meet until your schedule is less busy.” She bit her lips, she could still see him during the running man filming although she knew she would miss him like crazy.

He hugged her, “but you could take some of the tiredness away, when I felt drained, a simple message from you would boost my energy. How could I not see you?” He gave a kiss on the cheeks of his girlfriend. He had missed her, he had only managed to meet her privately four times this month, and every time he was late. The longest he could spend his time with her was like only three hours before he was zoomed off to somewhere else.

She made him sit down on the sofa, she wanted a cuddle, she had missed his hugs, his voices, his cuddles, his kisses, basically his everything. He felt so good, she buried her face into his chest and listened to his heartbeat. “Did you have time to exercise?” she asked, her voice muffled. She worried his back pain would come back, with his hectic schedule, she didn’t want to visit him in hospital.

“Yeah, I tried at least an hour of exercise, I am ok, don’t worry about me. I taking good care of myself.” He yawned, here was so comfortable, it was like returning home, yeah, home was where she was. He wanted to see her, hug her, kiss her but his eyelids weighted heavy.

He felt her kiss his eyelids, “Let’s take a nap”, she dragged him to her bedroom and they both laid on the bed, he couldn’t suppress his yawn. “Take an hour nap, I will set the alarm.” Ji Hyo set the alarm on her phone. If she had a way, she would let him sleep but she knew the importance to promote his album. He was amazing, he could recording of running man on the first two days of the album release. Only someone that was super confident would do that. A gentle snore could be heard. She turned and looked at him, her fingers easing all the lines from his forehead, she sat up and started to do a bit of message of his arms, he smiled in his sleep. She couldn’t help it and kiss his lips.

An hour gone by, she had heated up the food she prepared and now she was waiting for him to wake up. Her phone went off, and he slowly opened his eyes, he seemed refreshed from his nap and he looked at her, “I should have another half hour before Gap Jin picked me again” he gave another yawn.

“I know, I had your latest schedule. Now we needed to eat.” She pulled him up from the bed and he went for a quick shower, he looked totally refresh when he walked into the dining area.

“That just smell fantastic, I am hungry now, I can eat a tiger” he smiled. She frowned, this meant he hadn’t been eating well lately.

“Are you skipping your meals?” she confronted him.

“Not skipping, just that I didn’t have appetite to eat too much. Don’t worry, how can I be skipping meals when I asked you not too.” He reassured her. She gave him a big bowl of rice and took up the dishes she had microwaved to make it warm.  They started attacking the food, she was glad he was eating well with her. “5 more minutes, I have to go.” He gave her a hug, how he wished he could bring her with him, but it was too tiring. He saw there was a bit of food beside , and he picked it up with his, “That was yummy” only to have her gave him a smack on his chest. He gave her a kiss, she responded.

“Rinng Rinng” his phone went off, they broke their kiss regretfully. Ji Hyo giggled, when she saw his lips, it was red and fluffy. Jong Kook didn’t seem to mind, “I will see you at running man tomorrow” and they waved good bye.