A date

Song Ji Hyo and Kim Jong Kook

Seong-Im looked at the time, wondering where on earth his boyfriend, who had never been late before, was. Bad thoughts started flowing into her brain, she fiddler with her phone, wondering should she call him.

He came running, all drench in sweat. “Sorry I am late, Seong-Im” Jong Kook immediately apologised, “there was a traffic jam and the bus was caught in the middle of it. The worst thing is that my phone went dead. I ended up having to run here but I was still late” he panted.

She looked relief and took out her handkerchief and started wiping the sweat off her boyfriend. “It’s ok, you are here now. Come, let’s go for our dinner” she took his hand and they walked towards the eatery they had intended to visit that day. “What are we having, Oppa?”

“It is famous for their noodles.” He replied, “and their best is your favourite.” He smiled at her, they had been a couple for 2 years, and he had grew to love her more, he knew what was the next step but he had not save enough for their apartment yet, he wanted to be able to show her their home before asking for her hand.

She smiled happily at him, she knew that was not his favourite, but he would look out for ones that was recommended by other people, he would bring her to the them. She knew he was preparing for their future and so was she, she wanted to be able to cook for him when they married. She was secretly learning dishes from her mum, especially those he loved a lot. She hugged his arms, he blushed. “I don’t smelt too good now, I smelt like sweat, don’t stand too close to me” he said in embarrassment.

“But I liked the man who was in sweat because he wanted to see his girlfriend and afraid his girlfriend would faint in hunger.” She .

“Seong-Im yah, please” Jong Kook plead, although he was happy she didn’t mind his odour, he still wanted her to love him after this.

“Oppa, ok ok ..” Seong-Im decided to let him go, she could see his discomfort. He was relief that they reached the eatery.

“Here, we are” he went in and found an empty table, both of them sat down and ordered their food. They talked about their day at work, he was sharing something funny about his collegues and she was laughing.  The food came and they tucked in.

“Wow, this is really delicious.” Seong-Im was all praised for the noodles. “We should come more often” Jong Kook agreed with her, this was definitely one of the better eatery.

After they finished their dinner, it was getting late and they need to work tomorrow. Jong Kook sent her home, “Seong-Im, I wished we would go home together, but it would be soon we would do that.”

“Do I consider that as a proposal?” she asked.

“Well, do you want that as a proposal? If yes, I would consider it.” He replied cheekly.

“You wish!! I would consider it as a promise, but you do know I could help out with part of the loan right” she said.

“Yes, but I would like to be able to pay for the down payment and the major renovation work. Don’t worry, it would be soon” he caressed her lips. “Don’t miss me too much” he whispered before giving her a kiss on her lips.

“Don’t miss me too much too” she waved her good bye.