Argument

Song Ji Hyo and Kim Jong Kook

She asked herself again, why did she fall in love with him! he was seriously one thick headed person! How many times did she have to repeat herself before it would sink into him. Maybe forever!! He was either not understanding a single thing she said or refuse to understand. This was like their third argument over this and he .. he had pointed out the exact same thing as the last two times. She was tired to explain to him, she had called a truce and left the argument hanging. Why can’t he accept her point, she just need time alone for now. She had even turned off her phone.

He knew she was angry when she called a truce, he knew what was she saying but he wanted her to see his point as well. He was not happy that she had left the argument hanging but they were not going anywhere. This was like their third time talking about it, the first two time was more like a heated discussion but this time, it had erupted into an argument. They often had heated discussion over matters, it helped them understood each other better, and they would be find once they had reached a conclusion but this one subject, they couldn’t. He looked at his phone and sighed, he decided to turn it off as well. He needed time to sort this one out.

 They had a troubled sleep. They woke up feeling even worse. Both of them still didn’t turn on their phone, they went to work feeling awful, the whole day, both of them were grimed. Their face alone had made their colleagues stayed far far away. They couldn’t eat well during lunch. Finally, they gave up, they really couldn’t stand staying in the argument anymore. He his phone and messaged her “Let us meet to trash this out. It is driving me crazy, let’s meet at your apartment.”

She her phone and received his message, “Ok, I done working and returning home now”

He replied “I am on my way too”

She reached her apartment first and went to shower, trying to cleanse her outer and inner self. After her bath, she felt refresh for the first time, she changed into comfortable clothes and heard the door bell rang. She rushed to the door, and he was there. She opened it, neither of them greet each other. He stepped into the house, he motioned that he needed a shower. “I will order dinner” and she proceeded to help both of them get their dinner. She didn’t order the usual menu, instead she chose food they never tried before.

He too felt refresh when he came out of the shower, he joined her, both of the sitting in the sofa, staring blankly at the wall in front of them. Neither of them spoke, enjoying the peaceful silent that weaved among them. The doorbell broke the silent, he opened the door after he saw it the delivery man, he paid for the food and both of them sat down and filled their stomach with food she ordered for the first time, none of the food is their favourite, but they ate it with satisfaction, enjoying something that is not the usual.

“A little surprise is good” he finally spoke.

“Let is what I have been saying all along.” She said.

“But we can’t have surprises every day, it will no longer be surprise.” He commented.

“I am not asking for that as well, but I wanted some spices in our relationship.”

 He turned his head and looked at her “isn’t yesterday a surprise also?” he asked.

She looked at him in the eye, “Sort of, but not the happy kind of surprise. I didn’t expect us to need a day to final decided to talk about it. We usually could resolve an argument quite soon, but this argument we can’t seem to get past it.”

“Maybe it because there is a difference in our character, you like surprises, I don’t. I need every move to be thought through, surprises aren’t like that.”

“No, oppa, I enjoy small surprises in daily life, major decisions still need to be thought through, I don’t want everything in my life planned to the finest detail neither do I want my life to be surprises. I need you to loosen up a bit, maybe we should just enjoy a date that was not planned and executed to the dot” she pled.

He looked at her, finally the meaning hit him, he wanted everything to be perfect with her, it had stressed him, and similarly, it had stressed her too. That took the fun out of their date and stressed their relationship. Maybe he should loosen up a bit, some imperfection is a perfection too. He nodded his head and agreed with her. She let out a sigh of relief, her hands immediately circle his neck, she missed him for a whole day and she wanted to make sure she hugged him enough now. “We should do that tomorrow” she suggested.

“We couldn’t, I had bought tickets for us to go for a trip, it was on sale,” he tried to defend himself.

“What! When did you do that!” she exclaimed.

“I didn’t tell you? I thought I did. It was a trip for a farm stay and picked strawberries.” He explained, did it really slip his mind, he knew he had bought it on impulse and he was busy with his work.

“Oppa, you didn’t tell me! Oh, this turns out to be a pleasant surprise!” she kissed him on the cheeks. “I needed to go pack now. What time are you meeting tomorrow?” she asked as she zoomed to her bedroom.

He missed the hug that Seong-Im had just gave him, he stood up and followed her into the bedroom, giving her a bear hug from behind. “7, we need to take the train then change to a bus to reach the bus.”

“That is early, maybe we can buy breakfast and eat on the train, Oppa, you need to go home and pack too right?” she asked.

“Yes, I didn’t have the mood to do it yesterday.” He answered.

“It is late now, you should be back home packing.” She turned and tried to push him out of her apartment.

“But I still missed you” he pouted. If he knew she would be so excited, he would tell her later.

“We will spend two day together” she gave him a peck on his lips, “See you tomorrow”

He returned the kiss. “See you tomorrow. We will meet at the train station ok. Have an early night. I would give you a wake up call at 5”

They both went to sleep happy, make up sometime was so sweet.