Thoughts

Song Ji Hyo and Kim Jong Kook

He loved Ji Hyo, he knew that. She had slowly and quietly creeped into his heart. He didn’t know how she did it when he had built a wall surrounding his heart. She was ace, no doubt. He didn’t even know when she did it, he only discovered it too late.

He only knew it when he started to get discomfort of all the males in the show, that included the running man cast, especially Gary. When Gary performed their loveliness with her, he had to put up a front, in order to stop himself from pulling Ji Hyo away from Gary. He had also showered her attention, care and more subtlety love. He would make sure she was well taken care of, and continue to be the ace in running man. Even to the extent of helping her getting golds in the show. The others had voiced their discontent, but he would still try whether he had the chance.

He had loved her for the past 2 years at least, but he couldn’t be certain she felt the same. What if she didn’t, she only saw him as a colleague, as friend, as family that thought always broke his heart. He knew if she confirmed the answer with him, it would break him, more than the other women he had ever loved. The love he harboured for her is so strong, it had scared him.

He had gave their relationship a lot of hard thoughts and listed out some options he had.

Option 1

What if they both continue with their current relationship, somewhere above friends but yet below lovers.  He sighed at this highly possible option.

Results 1:

That would work for some time, then maybe she would give up and love someone else. They would drift apart for sure but he would wish Ji Hyo and her someone well, he would give her a big present for her wedding and observing her happiness from far. Of course, his heart could never be whole again, but that’s ok, as long as she happy, he would be as well. He knew he would be because he could give her what she needed, seeing someone fulfilling it for him was more than enough for him.

Results 2:

They both retained their relationship for the longest amount of time, both lacked the courage to move on, but unwilling to do less. They showered each other with concerns like what they are doing now and yet, causing anxiety in others watching them, by staying where they were. They would die without married each other or anyone else.

He knew the possibility of him changing heart was zero. Ji Hyo had been the special someone that could have broken down his defence, he couldn’t see other one else do the same.

Option 2

He confessed his love, but she only saw him as a brother. He grimaced at the thought, feeling his heart dropped into an endless hole, leaving him void. 

Results 1:

His heart was broken, he couldn’t stop himself from loving her so he distant himself by leaving running man. He saw tears in her eyes, but he knew it was because he left and not because of anything else, she left too feeling guilty and running man broke up.

Results 2:       

His confession made her discomfort  about their relationship. She tendered from running man because she was too uncomfortable. That would be the last he would see of her in close proximity and for the rest of time, they would keep their distant. He would read about her in articles and watched her on TV, and missed her forever.

Option 3

He confessed his love and she did likewise, telling him, she was in love with him for the longest amount of time. He grinned at this option, it would be a dream came true. They would live happily after and he would be the most fortunate man in the world because he would married the girl of his dreams and heart. He would treasure their marriage and make sure it only ended when one of them was not around.

Option 4

She confessed instead, of her love for him and he did too, telling her of his love for her. He frowned slightly, that didn’t feel as good as he confessed but no matter they would still end up together, which was good. He would still be the most fortunate man in the world and he would strive to make her the most fortunate woman in the world because she chosen and married him. She would too, because she was her. He smiled, he loved that they ended up together.

The last two options appealed to him very much, particular option 3, but he would still need to make sure she really loved him. He thought about all the things Ji Hyo had done for him.

  1. She was always by his side whenever possible
  2. She always looked out for him, afraid his back would hurt him
  3. She even took photo with a banner that says kim Jong Kook loves Song Ji Hyo
  4. He was her first priority
  5. She would make sure he is always comfortable
  6. She would always smile at his joke, hear him out first, agree with him
  7. She followed his every move, repeating what he said
  8. She allowed him to hug her, pat her on her head
  9. She was his biggest fan, she would shout the loudest whenever he performed
  10. She was always happy to shout his name, sometimes, she seem shy doing that
  11. She always asked him for advice.
  12. She would recognise him anywhere, just by touching him
  13. She would come to him for protection
  14. She held his hand very willingly, even inter locking fingers
  15. She loves to take photo with him
  16. She didn’t want others to see his body, she would try to protect it. Although he did caught her gawking at his body.
  17. She would always be touchy with him, she loves to bite him in unimaginary places.
  18. She loved to hug him a lot.
  19. She would put her arms around his voluterary.
  20. She loved to dance for him.
  21. she trusted him unconditionally.

He had enough evidence to think that she loved him, but how should he confess. He looked at her photo, she looked so pretty. He looked at himself, he was not the best man for her, he was not as handsome, as young, as gentle, as humour, as rich, as talented, as strong, as healthy, as nice as some of the men out there. He wondered why Ji Hyo loved him. But his love for Ji Hyo, is because she is the best person for him. He hoped he was the best for her.

The first thing to do is courtship, they had been working together for so long, and they did share their moments together. But he never try to court her before, he just had showered her with concern and love. He felt he should just announce his intent since they had been friends for so long. They had basic understanding of each other. He decided to skip the courting process, he would court her while she is his girlfriend. He felt good about his decision, he thought Ji Hyo would agree too.

He knew she loved water a lot, so he decided to confess on the bank of Han gang. He called her, “Ji Hyo, how are you?” he asked quite stiffly.

“Fine Oppa.” Ji Hyo sounded puzzled.

“Actually, I wanted to go cycling at Han Gang, and I know you are loved cycling, so I thought of asking you along.” He hoped she believed in his pathetic excuse.

“I loved that, I hadn’t got a chance to cycle. When are we going?” she asked.

He filled in all the details and they agreed to meet the next Wednesday, when both of them happened to be free. He even volunteered to bring snacks. Ji Hyo had on the content, but he had promised to give her a surprise. He loaded the snacks into his backpack. He was going to pick her up, he was surprised that she let him too.

He saw her wearing a simple black t-shirt and a pair of shorts. She looked pretty and sporty. The atmosphere in the car was light and cheery, Ji Hyo made him play his songs and they were having karaoke in the car. They rented a bicycle each when they reached the park. They enjoyed the cool breeze and warm sunshine. They even raced which other. They cycled to a more remote zone in the park.

Jong kook chose a more obstructed place to eat their snack. He had prepared salad and fruits.

“Oppa, Mooooooo, Baaabaaa, neigh” and she laughed.

Jong Kook face turned red. “It is good for health” he insisted. She giggled at his attempts to justify himself. “I had prepared something just for you.” He dug out a container that had potatoe chip inside. She looked at him, really she could eat that?

‘Go ahead and have some snacks.” He wanted her to have some nice food in her stomach and she would be in a good mood.

Jong Kook cleared his throat. “Ji Hyo, we knew each other for a while now”

“Yes, Oppa” her concentration was still on food.

“I knew you are available,” he continued, he did sound a bit rude to be honest, but he wanted to know she was opened to courtship.

“Yes, Oppa” he had her full attention now.

“Are you open to relationship?” he asked. He knew he was blunt but he could nnot think of a better way to ask.

She blushed and lowered her head. “I .. I waiting for someone suitable.”

Her answer was opened for interpretation, but he hoped it he was the someone suitable.

“What the criteria of someone suitable?” he wanted to make sure, he was him.

“Someone who cared for me, always there for me, looked out for me, loved me, understood me, someone who loved me just because it me.” She gave her long list of criteria. He smiled the list fulfilled what he was doing most of the time.

“Would I fulfil your criteria?” he asked bluntly. He felt his heart were beating so fast that it could jump out his mouth any moments.

“Oppa?” she looked at him in his eyes, as if asking for the reason behind his question.

“I wanted to be that special someone” he said looking in her eyes. He was drowning in her eyes, he waited nervously for her answer.

“Oppa… there was always only that special someone I am waiting for. Today, he finally found me!” she hugged him. He embraced her and kissed her. He could taste all her sweetness, and he knew he wouldn’t get tired of these pair of lips.

“I love you, Ji Hyo” after he broken their kiss for air.

“I love you, Jong Kook oppa” she pledged her love too.