His confession plan

Song Ji Hyo and Kim Jong Kook

He looked at his hectic schedule, he wondered when will he have time for her, just with her alone. He missed their time together, her smile, her voice. He missed her so much. He can only exchange message with her to quench his thinking of her.

Maybe it's time he let go of the duo, they seemed to be handling well without him. He grinned, with them attending promotion without him, he would be able to find them for her. Speak of the devil, both of them walked in with Gap Jin, just the three he needed.

"Hi hyung," "Jong Kook, hello" they greeted him. 

"Hi there, hyung, mikey and Gap Jin, Gap Jin, any more schedule for Turbo?" He asked.

"Well, next week we had a few radio interviews.  A few game shows had asked if we could join them as well." Gap Jin reported. 

"OK, how was the reaction from the sbs radio show" Jong Kook asked again. 

"It was great, the audience loved them." Gap Jin said.

"Yeah, the lines are flashing, and so many fans sent their regards. Their messages kept coming in. I even asked them to print out, they had to spend an hour just to do it. I had them with me." Kang nam confirmed excitedly, waving the stack of paper at Jong Kook. Jong Kook took it and started to glance through. A happy smile forming on his face.

"Yeah, Hyung this is even better than the past." Mikey added. It was evident the duo was feeling great from the interview.

"Then how you feel attending a few of the interviews with just you two then. I need a break," pointing to his knee injury. "You think it OK right Gap Jin?" He turned to looked at his trusted manager. Gap Jin looked at the man, he really needed the break, and the duo were really doing well.

"Hyung, I think it a great idea" and the four of them sat down to go through the schedule again. Somehow, they had manage to squeeze two days out for Jong Kook to take a rest.

"You will still be around in Seoul right? You won't abandon us right?" Gap Jin asked, just to make sure his hyung don't skip town.

"Of course, the three of you aren't going to fulfill that little wish" Jong kook poked fun with them. In his heart, he warned them not to disturb his plan, he wanted to spend time with Ji Hyo and hopeful thought of a plan to ask be his girlfriend.  His thought turned to the minimal courtship attempts he had made, it was always under the umbrella of running man. He had never asked her out alone, just at the convenience that the running men meet up, if they met alone it because the other running men cannot attend their gathering. He messaged her every day, would it had counted. It vexed him looking at his pathetic effort. 

He drove him to his friend fashion store, he knew his friend always have some chic dresses. One black dress met his eyes and he knew it would be prefect for Ji Hyo. He bought it and ask his friend to deliver to Ji Hyo place. He decided to give her a call when he was back in the car. 

She was not her usual self when he heard her voice, "Hello" she said.

"Is that Ji Hyo?" He asked, making sure he got the right woman.

"Yes" a tired voice replied.

"Jong Kook oppa here. You don't sound too right, are you ok?" He was concerned had something unhappy happened to her.

  “I am a bit under the weather, but I am ok”, she sound so tired, He wondered should he still ask her out tomorrow night.

“Oh, I was thinking could we have dinner together tomorrow night, if you are sick, maybe another time.” He was disappointed,  he had finally found some time and he really wanted to spend it with her.

 “Oppa, I would love to have dinner with you tomorrow night. Who else will be going?”  her voice sound happier and more engertic, maybe she also wanted to spend some time together.

He took a deep breathe, maybe she wanted to spend time with the rest of the running man members not only him but he wanted to ask her to be his girlfriend, how could the rest to turn up as well, they would make fun of him and hinder his plan. “Mmm, actually just the two of us. I need to ask you something.” 

“Ok, Oppa. I will see you tomorrow night.” Hurray, he shouted in his heart! She still wanted to go out with him. He felt his plan is on its way to success.

His face suddenly blushed, he had to tell her about the dress he will be sending her tomorrow. “Ok, I will message you the place. Oh and mm I had taken the privilege to pick up a dress for you for our dinner tomorrow. I will send it to your home tomorrow. I hope you like it.” He didn’t wait for the reply and quickly ended the call. It was awkward but he hoped she would like the dress.

He drove home, after dinner, he went to his room and started to select something to wear tomorrow night. He rejected most of his clothes in his closet, either he felt it didn’t suit the occasion or the dress or Ji Hyo had seemed it before. He wasn’t this nervous on his first date! After going through, he decided to get some new ones, his mother will be pleased. Someone made her son bought new clothes. He was tired after the selection and quickly fell into deep sleep.

He went back to his friend store the next day and look for a matching outfit with what he had selected for Ji Hyo. He smirked, lucky he had the foresight of sending her the dress, now he could matched it perfectly. He paid for the pants and shirts and drove his way home happily. He took his time to prepare for his dinner date, he must said he looked simply dashing, he hoped Ji Hyo would fall under his spell tonight.

He drove his car to pick up Ji Hyo, when he was near, he sent a message to ask her to wait for him in the lobby. He knew Ji Hyo would looked stunning in the dress, but he didn’t anticipated her to look absolutely spectacular in the simple black dress. He couldn’t believe he had chosen a perfect dress for her.

“You are beautiful, I never knew I had such a good taste in clothes.” He commented.

 She giggled. “Well, it must be something did rub of you from fashion king.” She said and it made him felt good.

 “Seem like it” they fell into a comfortable conversation in their ride to the restaurant. It was not a fancy restaurant, just one that gave them enough privacy and the atmosphere was good. They were seated in a private room.

 “I had planned something, this is the menu, are you ok with it?” he asked her, showing her what he had requested the restaurant to prepare for them. He had known the owner and he was kind enough him to order things that were not on their restaurant menu. He had chosen dishes both of them like a lot.

 “Oppa, this looks like the perfect menu for both of us.” She smiled in agreement. He was happy that he had chosen correctly.

“You really think so? I couldn’t remember all your favourite food.”  He had tried to recall her favourite food and married with his own favourites.

 They continued their conversation, dinner was served and it was delicious. Jong Kook was getting more and more anxious as the food was disappearing from the table, he would need to ask the questions before the night ends. He kept rehearsing the questions in his heart,

“Something bothering you, Oppa?” she asked suddenly.

He wanted to clarify a few things first, “Actually, yes. I wanted to tell you I am just good buddies with Kwang Soo. We are both singles, that why we hanged around a lot. And he was a good brother. He is just a good brother.”

“Ok, I know.That was bothering you?” she asked.

“I didn’t want you to get the wrong idea.” He had to emphasise the fact, fans were talking the bromance between him and Kwang Soo and he didn’t want Ji Hyo thought he liked Kwang Soo. He liked Kwang Soo as a brother but that is it.

 “I won’t. Kwang Soo was a good brother to me too. I know what you meant.” Luckily she knew how Kwang Soo was, he felt relief.

 “There is more.” He continued. “There’s nothing between all the love lines that was listed here.” He passed her an article he had printed, he wanted to tell her he was never interested in those woman except for her “except for one. Or I hoped to have one with her”

“Which one?” she asked him, looked slightly paled.

 “Mm,” he was a nervous rack. “She is a beautiful actress and very successful now in running man. She always takes good care of everyone, especially me. I not only wanted to have a love line with her but also want her to be a real couple with her.” He hoped he had descripted her aptly and she understood that he meant her.

She stood up. He followed her, she didn’t look happy, just shocked at his confession. She walked over to him and hugged him.

“So are you asking me to be your girlfriend”, she asked.

“Well, ..” he stumbled.

“well what?” she asked again.

 He needed to tell her his wish, he didn’t have a doubt that she would agree. “I am! I wanted you to be my girlfriend. Do you want to be my girlfriend?”

“Well,…” it was her turned to stumbled.

 “well what?” he had to asked, his heart now hang onto a very thin thread.

 “Ok.” She whispered into his chest.

 Did he hear it correctly, “Yah??” he wanted confirmed.

 “Ok, “ this time she said it louder.

He looked at the woman in his arms. “thank you for fulfilling my dream, love.” He lowered his lips and kissed hers. He could taste her sweetness in , he couldn’t get enough of it, he had to slip his tongue into hers to taste more of her. “I love you, Song Ji Hyo, for the longest of time. Thank you for been my girlfriend.” He pledge his love after they could breathe again.