Aftermath of a hectic schedule ..

Song Ji Hyo and Kim Jong Kook

She knew he was tired from his hectic schedule. She can see his face getting thinner and thinner. She was sure he didn’t sleep or eat well. She caught him dozed off during running man recording, that was a first, he normally would be talking in groups. The rest of running man had even requested everyone to keep quiet around the area where he was resting. She walked towards the area where he was sleeping, he seemed to be very uncomfortable resting on the floor. She gently lifted his head and let it rest on her leg. The usually alert man didn’t even stir in his sleep. He let out a small sigh and his brows loosen. A soft snore could be heard. She even tried to shield the sun from him.

She looked at the tired man, promoting Turbo album had tired him out, she remember he was not even so hardworking for his own 7th album, he really wanted his two members to succeed. He had worked so hard with them, even creating a company so they can be properly managed. She knew he wanted to create chances for these two to go solo. Kwang Soo creeped towards the duo, he signalled that the recording was starting and she gently woke the sleeping man up. He looked groggily at her. She gave a small peck on his forehead, “Wake up you sleepy head, time for the recording.”

He sat up, “How long did I sleep?”

“At least half an hour” she answered. She passed him some water, he drank it with gratitude, his throat felt dry.

“I need to go freshen up a bit,” he smiled apologetic at her, he wished he could have spent more time with her, but between all the things he needed to juggle now, she had to take a back seat. He knew she understood, nevertheless, it had not meant she would do it for long.

“Kim Jong Kook,” she said softly, “Rest well and eat well, you are mine you hear, every part of you.” He turned, and gave her a hug.

“Yes, mdm” he vowed before he took off.

The recording went well and they were all geared up for the Asian Smile Cup. He was excited to be in the soccer match again with Park Ji Sung. When it was his turn to play, he gave his all and went after the ball. He had felt a sharp pain coming from his knee but he ignored it and kept running after the ball. Suddenly, he felt his knee gave way and he fell on the soft grass, it had hurt so bad that he couldn’t even stand. Kwang Soo ran to help him up, Ji Hyo was assigned to replace the fallen Sparta.

She had to know whether he was ok before she went on the field, she saw he gave her a thumb up and a smile. She swallowed her tears and knew he would want her to do her best just like him and maybe even do his portion for him. Joong Ki walked over to her and gave her an encouragement hug, he whispered, “he will be ok, don’t worry.” She gave him a worry look that she knew Jong Kook would not be able to see before running off to the field. She gave her all and smiled as if nothing had happened in the field.

When her turn was over, she saw him sitting on the bench with the medic trying to help him with his knee. His attention was not even on the medic but on the field, showing concern to those who were playing. The seat beside him was left empty and she sat down beside him. She knew he was not playing attention to her now, but she still tried to ease his discomfort. That made him broke his attention and smiled at her before his concentration was on the match again.

Kwang Soo was there to help him again, they attended the celebration after the match. He was non-charantly about his injury, both teams had shown theirconcern, he just told them it was an old injury and it didn’t really hurt him. Even when he got off the car when fans were gathering, he had insisted that he will walk in alone so that the fans would not worry. But it worried her, she waited for him in the hotel and helped him the moment he walked into the lobby, hugging him and giving him the support he needed. He didn’t even try to lean on her until he thought the fans were far away enough.

“Thank you, Ji Hyo yah.” He said, as if he was not hurting.

She, on the other hand, was hurting like mad. She was angry with him for not taking care of himself. She knew he wouldn’t have hurt himself if he was not so tired, his body had even refused to listen to the strong will man. She needed to remind the man, he did not own his body now, she did.

Thanks to running man fame, the running man had the whole floor to themselves. Even the cleaners were specially selected and only allowed for 2 hours to clean the floor. Ji Hyo took him to his room, and shut the door. Jong Kook could sense her anger and he guzzled his fear.

“Oppa, did I just remind you who own your body?” she looked at him dangerously.

“Yes, you did.” He answered timidly.

“Did I ask you to rest well and eat well?” she asked again.

“Yes, you did.” He answered in a even softer voice.

“Then why did you hurt yourself?”

“That… that was … because … I was …. Careless.” He tried to give her a satisfactory answer.

 “Really? I had your schedule with me.” She opened up her phone and scrolled to his schedule. Jong Kook wanted to crawl into a hole, anywhere but here. “It didn’t say that, you didn’t even have 4 hours of rest each day, and what you have for your meal? Just a few mouthful?” she stared at him and he felt himself shrunk.

“Ji Hyo, I can explain, really. That was because I need to sort the schedule out and I . ..” he went silent after she intensify her anger. “we have running man recording tomorrow. I think it best we rest now.”

“You are going to lose all your games tomorrow.” It was a statement Ji Hyo made.

“Yes, Ji Hyo.”

“I had asked for an urgent day off and for you too. Gap Jin had agreed, the two turbo brothers will attend anything if needed.”

“Yes, Ji Hyo.”

“You are going to spend the whole day in bed, resting and eating until I am satisfied.” Ji Hyo told him.

“Yes, I understand.” Jong kook agreed to her plan. He knew she was concerned with him and with his knee injured, he was going to have a well deserved rest.

He wanted to kiss her but she turned away, “Now, brush your teeth. I will tuck you to bed”

He went to brush his teeth and took a shower and changed to something more comfortable. He laid down on his bed, Ji Hyo covered him with a blanket and turned off the lights. She went back to her room and changed into something more comfortable before slipping back to his room again.

Although he was tired, he couldn’t sleep. He heard the room’s door opened and then closed. He felt a soft body slipped into the blanket beside him, and he could smell her shower gel, and he felt himself relaxed and his eyes getting heavier.

She knew he was awake when she went back to his room, but he slept within seconds she was beside him. She looked at the sleeping man, and gave him a peck on his forehead, “Sleep well, my love! You are my fortress, please stay strong for me.” She embraced him and fell asleep.